Just buy this 2 but have to deside for 1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-22-2011, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Which LED do you recommend me. I just buy 2 really grate deals (in my opinion LG for 750 and Sony for 700 total USA dlls) and I'm going to stay only with one but I don't know which one?

1)Sony EX521/46. That is a 46".
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10164657.aspx
Or
2)LG 47LV4400. That is a 47".
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+47%...4400&cp=1&lp=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-22-2011, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
From another thread (credit to hughh)....

You can read the specs at their respective (manufacturers) websites.

First of all, start reading the owners threads here about those two models. They will give you lots of info on their strength and weaknesses.

After that, get off your couch and eyeball them at different stores.

Then check the threads on how much they paid, etc. In other words, become an expert or at least, become a knowledgeable shopper.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-22-2011, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad View Post

From another thread (credit to hughh)....

You can read the specs at their respective (manufacturers) websites.

First of all, start reading the owners threads here about those two models. They will give you lots of info on their strength and weaknesses.

After that, get off your couch and eyeball them at different stores.

Then check the threads on how much they paid, etc. In other words, become an expert or at least, become a knowledgeable shopper.

The way I read it, he already bought two and wants to know which one to keep. At this point, he should just keep the one he likes best and stick some unsuspecting customer with his reject.

And, if I read it wrong, you gave excellent advice.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-22-2011, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Yes I have them both but tks for your time.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-22-2011, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by arqelias View Post

Which LED do you recommend me. I just buy 2 really grate deals (in my opinion LG for 750 and Sony for 700 total USA dlls) and I'm going to stay only with one but I don't know which one?

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad View Post

From another thread (credit to hughh):
    1. You can read the specs at their respective (manufacturers) websites.
    2. ...start reading the owners threads here about those two models. They will give you lots of info on their strength and weaknesses.
    3. ...get off your couch and eyeball them at different stores.
    4. ...check the threads on how much they paid, etc. In other words, become an expert or at least, become a knowledgeable shopper.

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

The way I read it, he already bought two and wants to know which one to keep. At this point, he should just keep the one he likes best and stick some unsuspecting customer with his reject...

Personally, I'm disappointed / disgusted whenever I come across a thread like this . IMHO, *BEFORE* you buy something, you should 'Do Your Homework' and find out as much as possible about the various manufacturers products. Then, based on reviews and posts from other owners, you decide which one sounds best for you. Then you buy it *AND* KEEP IT!

I maintained an Excel Spreadsheet of HDTVs I was 'interested in' for almost 2 years before I *FINALLY* bought my first *REAL* HDTV this past August (Panasonic TC-L32C3 @ $279). I bought an 'El-Cheapo' Sylvania LC195SLX 19" 720p LCD from Target ~2 years ago for ~$135 to 'Experiment' with 480/720/1080 and HDMI and was pretty disappointed with the black level and how blurry my ED / NTSC ReplayTV shows and VHS tapes looked . Even my DVDs looked better on my old 'Top-of-the-Line' 1995 Panasonic CT-27SF22T1 27" CRT! The 'New' 2011 Panasonic HDTV is much better, but HDTVs shine with HD content, not old NTSC Analog recordings or old VHS tapes. BTW, NEW ATSC Digital recordings on my 'Antique' Lifetime ReplayTV 5XXXs look pretty good on my NEW Panasonic .

Bottom Line: Do your 'Comparisons' at your local B&Ms, *NOT* in your living room. Selling 'Open Box' products at a reduced price is only going to increase the 'Closed Box' / New price for everyone else.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
NOTE: Yes, I *KNOW* that I over-format compared to the majority of other forum users. I also proofread and edit a great deal before submitting because, at my advanced age, my fingers don't always type what my mind is thinking . But, as a former Programmer/Analyst, it gives me pleasure (like programming did) *AND* IMHO it adds appropriate emphasis (ala voice changes and body language) to points often missed when reading plain text (like listening to Stephen Hawkings via a Speech Synthesizer).

Low Post Count <> Low Knowledge ergo High Post Count <> High Knowledge

ClearToLand's Picks For Best Answers to Common ReplayTV Questions

Remember, it's only TV...
post #6 of 6 Old 12-23-2011, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearToLand View Post

Personally, I'm disappointed / disgusted whenever I come across a thread like this . IMHO, *BEFORE* you buy something, you should 'Do Your Homework' and find out as much as possible about the various manufacturers products. Then, based on reviews and posts from other owners, you decide which one sounds best for you. Then you buy it *AND* KEEP IT!

I maintained an Excel Spreadsheet of HDTVs I was 'interested in' for almost 2 years before I *FINALLY* bought my first *REAL* HDTV this past August (Panasonic TC-L32C3 @ $279). I bought an 'El-Cheapo' Sylvania LC195SLX 19" 720p LCD from Target ~2 years ago for ~$135 to 'Experiment' with 480/720/1080 and HDMI and was pretty disappointed with the black level and how blurry my ED / NTSC ReplayTV shows and VHS tapes looked . Even my DVDs looked better on my old 'Top-of-the-Line' 1995 Panasonic CT-27SF22T1 27" CRT! The 'New' 2011 Panasonic HDTV is much better, but HDTVs shine with HD content, not old NTSC Analog recordings or old VHS tapes. BTW, NEW ATSC Digital recordings on my 'Antique' Lifetime ReplayTV 5XXXs look pretty good on my NEW Panasonic .

Bottom Line: Do your 'Comparisons' at your local B&Ms, *NOT* in your living room. Selling 'Open Box' products at a reduced price is only going to increase the 'Closed Box' / New price for everyone else.

Spoiler  
NOTE: Yes, I *KNOW* that I over-format compared to the majority of other forum users. I also proofread and edit a great deal before submitting because, at my advanced age, my fingers don't always type what my mind is thinking . But, as a former Programmer/Analyst, it gives me pleasure (like programming did) *AND* IMHO it adds appropriate emphasis (ala voice changes and body language) to points often missed when reading plain text (like listening to Stephen Hawkings via a Speech Synthesizer).

Amen, brother! Excellent post.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page