Large 70+ Inch LCD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
stepmback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have looked around and it appears Sharp is the only display manufacturer making CONSUMER grade flat panel televisions that are at least 70 inches. I even see they make an 80 inch Model. How good is the picture on the 70 and 80 inch versions? I saw a comment by someone saying there is a lag in playing games (PS3 in this case). Any one else experience this issue?

Anyone else making consumer displays in 70+ inches? If so, care to point me in their direction.

This can be LCD, LED or Plasma.
stepmback is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Newbie
 
j0m0t0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My brother has one. No lag on 360 with black ops online. Picture good from 10' + away. a little foggy up close.
j0m0t0 is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
stepmback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0m0t0 View Post

My brother has one. No lag on 360 with black ops online. Picture good from 10' + away. a little foggy up close.

He has the 80 inch model?
stepmback is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 11:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Sequoia, CA
Posts: 30,056
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback View Post

Anyone else making consumer displays in 70+ inches? If so, care to point me in their direction.

No one else is. That may change in 2012, but it also may not.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
rogo is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
irkuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: cyberspace
Posts: 3,475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback View Post

I have looked around and it appears Sharp is the only display manufacturer making CONSUMER grade flat panel televisions that are at least 70 inches. I even see they make an 80 inch Model. How good is the picture on the 70 and 80 inch versions? I saw a comment by someone saying there is a lag in playing games (PS3 in this case). Any one else experience this issue?

Anyone else making consumer displays in 70+ inches? If so, care to point me in their direction.

This can be LCD, LED or Plasma.

Man, take some effort and read relevant threads in this forum.

irkuck
irkuck is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
waltaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkuck View Post


man, take some effort and read relevant threads in this forum.

+1...
waltaz is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
stepmback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkuck View Post


Man, take some effort and read relevant threads in this forum.

I did.
stepmback is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off