46" Philips / Nvidia EDID issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-23-2011, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I've encountered an issue and I'm hoping someone out there can help me fix it. As you guys probably know there is a big issue with philips HDTVs and Nvidia video cards. I have a GTX 570 and I applied the manual fix with the INF editing of the driver to get the pixels to align and display correctly. However, I cannot get the sound to work now as it shows the connection being DVI instead of HDMI (it is connected via HDMI). So now I'm having a problem getting sound through HDMI. I figured this is because the EDID information I gathered with software is incomplete. This is the line I entered into the INF, it fixed the picture but the sound went out the window.

HKR,,OverrideEdidFlags0,%REG_BINARY%,41,0c,00,00,00,00,FF,FF ,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the other number combinations for the correct EDID to fix the sound issue. I really appreciate all the help, this has been one of the worst issues i've ever had to deal with regarding a HDTV and a video adapter (AMD works great). The Nvidia display modes were all overscanned and off center pixel wise until I applied the above EDID reg information. If anyone needs any more information in regards to the TV or setup please let me know.

The TV model number is 46pfl3505d/f7

Thanks!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays