Thanks a lot for the advice. Unfortunately I've already tried all that. Since the problem started I've spent at least 10 actual hours going through every single menu option in every possible order over & over & over. Tried on every single input. (TV, 2 AV, S-video, 2 component, PC, & all 3 HDMI) Unplugged the TV, even overnight once. Redid all the initial setup. Yet nothing works... beyond frustrating.I'm wondering if there isn't some undocumented button combination that locks settings?
But the TV definitely isn't in any Store Demo Mode... (there's not even an explicit menu option for it)
Finally, some sets only allow you to change settings in one picture mode, say Custom. You can go thru the motions in the other picture modes, but settings will not be saved for them. Hope it's one of these.
wish it was. anyway, on this TV if you make changes while in a preset mode it overwrites "Personal" mode. So if the TV is in "Cinematic" preset and you even turn down the contrast by 1, that's your new "Personal" setting. BTW, factory default mode is "ECO". But picture mode not being saved is just a minor annoyance. The big thing long-term is that channel scans aren't saved -_-
It's like Groundhog Day.
1. Ok, I turn on the TV, up comes cable channel 71.2, speaker turned off, 0 sharpness personal picture mode, input settings erased, etc, etc...
2. There's 2 reset options on the TV -- "Reset All", & "Reset Picture Settings". I do them both, on every input to be sure.
3. Do a rescan for cable channels, but cut it short. (erases channel memory while on at least)
4. I disconnect the cable, connect a UHF antenna, change the RF setting to Antenna, scan for channels. Turn on the speaker, make other minor tweaks. Watch an over the air broadcast.
5. Turn off TV & turn it back on... back to #1 (tuned to cable channel 71.2... & all cable channels, digital & analog, are back in memory!?!)
It's always back to #1. No other steps alter anything post shut-off in the slightest.