Wireless keyboard for lg smart tv? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 01-01-2012, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know if there is one and if it'll work if plugged up to USB port on tv?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-01-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
If you have one, you could try it. Usually for this type of application you have to use the one the manufacturer specifies, if at all.

I know for current Samsung HDTV's the only keyboard you can use is the remote with mini keyboard on one side.

LG says: The user-friendly interface can be easily navigated by a remote control with finger touch pad or smart phone with an Android or iPhone QWERTY keyboard application.

They also have something called The Magic Motion remote, which can be used with an on screen keyboard.

Nothing on USB keyboard, wireless or otherwise.

Check the owners manual for details, as not all options may be available with all sets.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #3 of 20 Old 01-01-2012, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

If you have one, you could try it. Usually for this type of application you have to use the one the manufacturer specifies, if at all.

I know for current Samsung HDTV's the only keyboard you can use is the remote with mini keyboard on one side.

LG says: The user-friendly interface can be easily navigated by a remote control with finger touch pad or smart phone with an Android or iPhone QWERTY keyboard application.

They also have something called The Magic Motion remote, which can be used with an on screen keyboard.

Nothing on USB keyboard, wireless or otherwise.

Check the owners manual for details, as not all options may be available with all sets.

Ok thanks..it's a coworker that has it and the magic motion remote..still new to him. He has a android device, so u say they have a app for it?
post #4 of 20 Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 AM

hi i was wonderong the same thing, so i clicked on the( settings )on the lg tv ,then to the blue question mark,( support) (the last one), then to the (user guide), then to the (advanced function) menu, then keep going down the menu and just after the option(to control TV with Smart phone) there should be on the next page under it (To use TV with mouse and keyboard) and then when your on that page scroll down to the next page and there should be a list of all the compatable keyboards for the tv, hope that helped smile.gif
fasthead likes this.
post #5 of 20 Old 07-29-2012, 10:23 AM

heres the list of all of thhe compatable ones http://www.proaudioinc.com/Dealer_Area/keyboards.pdf
fasthead likes this.
post #6 of 20 Old 08-02-2012, 09:17 AM

i tried your idea excellent just work in first go thanks a lot.
post #7 of 20 Old 03-30-2013, 11:01 AM

This was so helpful! And a lot easier than I imagined. Thanks.
post #8 of 20 Old 03-30-2013, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Supposedly certain Logitech wireless keyboards should also work on some Samsung Smart TVs as well. Would like to find out about that myself.
post #9 of 20 Old 05-22-2013, 12:51 AM

Hi,

I have LG 42 inch Cinema TV and using ordinary blue tooth mouse. it is woking fine. If blue tooth mouse is wokig then key board should work.

- Bhaskar hebbar
post #10 of 20 Old 05-27-2013, 10:43 AM

I got an LG 47LA640 and my Logitech K400r keyboard/pad combination works flawlessly as it says in the list xoxleoni4evaxox added smile.gif No need for that magic remote anymore!
post #11 of 20 Old 06-04-2013, 09:58 PM

I have an LG 47LS5700 and today I simply added a Logitech Wireless Combo MK320 (mouse and keyboard) that I had lying around. It costs about the same as the Logitech K400 but is easier to find and is often on sale (I paid $19.99 Cdn for mine). At some point I may move to a touchpad keyboard for lap use, but this works fine for now. And besides, I generally I use the Android LG remote app on my Galaxy Nexus when I need to control the TV.

The one thing that did surprise me was that some of the special multimedia keys worked. Specifically, the mute and volume up and down buttons worked perfectly. Also discovered the Escape key (Esc) works the same as the Back button on the Magic remote.

post #12 of 20 Old 08-09-2013, 09:39 AM

I just purchased the 55LA8600 and the touchpad works on the Logitech k400r however I am unable to use the keyboard to type in text.... Anyone have a keyboard that is compatible?
post #13 of 20 Old 08-20-2013, 12:17 AM

I purchased a K400r Logitech Wireless keyboard, and for some reason, it doesn't even show up on my LG Tv under USB. This keyboard is suppose to work when you have it connected to your PC.

I connected the wireless device to the PC downloaded the software as instructed and then plugged it into the TV as instructed. Nothing. Anyone know why? My PC is running Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit, I downloaded the 64-bit software and it said it installed successfully. But, it does not show on my TV. What gives? Also, the serial number on my wireless keyboard doesn't match the serial number on the box it came in. Should I return this to Logitech? Or try to return it to Walmart where I bought it from. Thanks.
post #14 of 20 Old 08-20-2013, 12:20 AM

Hey, how did you get your Logitech k400r wireless keyboard to work on your TV?
post #15 of 20 Old 08-21-2013, 11:09 AM

I just recently upgraded to the K400 (it was on sale) and simply plugged it into "USB In" port 2 (the one labelled USB Hub) where it worked. Easiest way to tell if it is working is to see if you can control the on-screen pointer with the trackpad. There is an on/off switch on the keyboard that is a little hard to find so you may also want to check that as well as the batteries. Also, I had no problems with the receiver plugged directly into the back of the TV. However it is possible the TV itself is blocking the signals. You could check that by moving your keyboard so it is in line-of-sight with the receiver.

There is no need to install software on your PC if you are only going to use your keyboard with your TV. However, connecting the keyboard to your PC would be a great way to see if it is working!

Let us know what has happened.
post #16 of 20 Old 09-22-2013, 03:36 AM

I have recently purchased a LG Smart TV & i didn't want to pay out for the magic remote so i pluged in an old Logitech wireless remote that i had hanging around & this gives me more control than just using the standard remote. I was looking on Amazon yesterday at a couple of keyboards as using one would make it easier when adding text...wink.gif
post #17 of 20 Old 09-25-2013, 11:52 AM

I have just bought a Logitech Wireless Combo mk270 & it works perfectly on my 42" Lg LN575V Smart TV. Bought from Tesco for #25
post #18 of 20 Old 01-07-2014, 08:34 AM

Are you able to remotely turn the LG TV on/off with keyboard?
post #19 of 20 Old 02-06-2014, 12:51 PM

I've just purchased an LG smart TV (42LN575V) and was worried about compatability of keyboards - especially as the LG 'recommended' options all seemed 'pricey'.

For what it's worth, I plugged in my old (many years old) Tesco bargen basement combo - a Technika H38FE2, and it seems to work fine. It can be a little 'fickle' - as it seems to prefer being plugged in before the TV is switched on. Other than that, I've had no problems.

I'm going to make a wild guess here (but have no basis for it than my gut instinct) and suggest that most recent keyboards/mice will probably work (even if some of the functions don't - I have not yet found any 'hot keys' on mine - but all the basic navigation & text entry bits work OK).

So it might be worth trying just about anything you have or can borrow for free, before shelling out a lot of cash for the recommended items - which incidently, people still seem to be having problems with if these forums are to be believed.

As final note - on the subject of 'pricey', has anyone found a web cam that works with LG smart TV's, other than the v-expensive LG one!!!

post #20 of 20 Old 02-06-2014, 12:58 PM

I've just purchased an LG smart TV (42LN575V) and was worried about compatability of keyboards - especially as the LG 'recommended' options all seemed 'pricey'.

For what it's worth, I plugged in my old (many years old) Tesco bargen basement combo - a Technika H38FE2, and it seems to work fine. It can be a little 'fickle' - as it seems to prefer being plugged in before the TV is switched on. Other than that, I've had no problems.

I'm going to make a wild guess here (but have no basis for it than my gut instinct) and suggest that most recent keyboards/mice will probably work (even if some of the functions don't - I have not yet found any 'hot keys' on mine - but all the basic navigation & text entry bits work OK).

So it might be worth trying just about anything you have or can borrow for free, before shelling out a lot of cash for the recommended items - which incidently, people still seem to be having problems with if these forums are to be believed.

As final note - on the subject of 'pricey', has anyone found a web cam that works with LG smart TV's, other than the v-expensive LG one!!!

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
62 Lg Smart Tv