Sharp LC60E69U Digital Audio Output - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Couldn't find info on other forums but if it's answered, please direct me.
I bought a Sharp Aquaos LC-60E69U from Costco. On my previous Toshiba LCD, I ran my HDMI cables from my Dish Receiver and PS3 through the Toshiba and out the Optical cable to my Sony amp receiver.
The Sharp has a digital Audio output jack that looks like an RCA jack (digital coaxial?). I have tried to use this but cannot get any sound. Any ideas on what to do? I don't have HDMI on the back of my Sony amp receiver (5+yrs old). Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-01-2012, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyd View Post

Couldn't find info on other forums but if it's answered, please direct me.
I bought a Sharp Aquaos LC-60E69U from Costco. On my previous Toshiba LCD, I ran my HDMI cables from my Dish Receiver and PS3 through the Toshiba and out the Optical cable to my Sony amp receiver.
The Sharp has a digital Audio output jack that looks like an RCA jack (digital coaxial?). I have tried to use this but cannot get any sound. Any ideas on what to do? I don't have HDMI on the back of my Sony amp receiver (5+yrs old). Thanks for any help.

Most TVs have a sub-menu where you would have to change/select the audio output. Check your manual.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If Hughh's suggestion doesn't work you may want to go into your reciever and double check that the input you are using has the digital coax assigned to it.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 AM

Funkyd, can you post on your latest findings?

FWIW, I had similar issues. A very old receiver without HDMI that needs to be connected to the TV. The TV manual shows an "optical" cable hooked to the digital audio output but I'm surprised it's round (unlike my rectangular/square optical toslinks sockets in the old receiver). Googling a bit, it seems that there are now round toslink cables, so I thought it might be it.

But then, my receiver had a similarly colored socket (orange), so I'd thought, maybe the manual is misprinted and it does take a coaxial? I tried a 75 ohms* cable (specs for the orange coaxial) which worked.

Now I'm wondering if that socket also works optically. Can anyone that uses it optically opine?

Pardon the semi-nubeness; it seems I'd missed 10 years of electronics innovations, which my purchase of the LC60E69U is giving me an opportunity to redress.

* I don't have an orange RCA coax at home and used a yellow (video) one, since it's rated at 75 ohms. The red or white coaxes does not work (different resistance).
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page