post #91 of 306 Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaise View Post

ARC Issue on this TV :

Yamaha AMP (RX-V371) (ARC activated, default of AV4 for ARC)
HDMI cable from amp's HDMI out to TV's HDMI1 (ARC enabled port)
HMDI Cable from amp's HDMI2 to PVR.
HDMI cable from amp's HDMI3 to AppleTV
ARC configured on TV.

(Note saving amps HDMI1 for future bluray)

Turn TV on, antenna input on tv, AMP is on AV4 input, press simplink, get 'simplink device not found' message. Press home to get smart TV (what I want to send to amp really as dont watch any live TV), press simplink, get same message - 'simplink device not found'.

Now - If I turn on the PVR, change amp to HDMI2 for the PVR input, can see the PVR on the TV screen and THEN press the simplink, the amp changes to AV4 automatically and all is good then.

I can then flip between HDMI2 and AV4 on the amp and flip between the TV output and the PVR input as expected.

It seems that the ARC on the TV will not see the AMP unless it already has something sent from the AMP to it (like the PVR or the AppleTV ).

For example, I am watching a movie now via medai link, sound is coming from the amp all good. However if I turn off the PVR, then sound stops from the AMP.

In summary, TV must have AMP input before ARC works. If you purchased the amp and tv together, and have no other devices to input, as if you just want to output all sound from the TV to the amp, you could not as the amp must have another input going to the TV FIRST before simplink can be configured!

Please dont offer an optical cable solution, yep that would work, but my TV is wall mounted, built a new house and HDMI is run in the wall so just have the one cable (and an ethernet cable to the media server in the garage).

I purchased this amp as it was the cheapest upgrade from my other yamaha amp so I can get ARC. I never expected the smart Tv functions to be so good - i.e the plex media client built in - way better than the PVR DLNA solution as now I can fast forward.

Thanks.

Hey, I actually have the LW5700 and the RX-V371 as well. I don't remember having too much trouble getting the amp to work with the tv when setting it up. I did have to unplug and replug the HDMI cable either when the TV was on or off, before simplex knew the AMP was there. I am able to turn on the AMP with the TV remote just for sound and do not have to switch to a different input.

Another thing to look for is that your HDMI cable is a 1.4 cable.

Message me if you want to sort this out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 306 Old 02-22-2012, 01:25 PM

I have owned an LG 47LW5700 for several weeks now. I am having a couple of problems. One is motion blurring (or seeing after images) in fast motion. I have Time Warner Cable and a Cisco 4742HDC box connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. I also see this problem when I use an antenna as input. I have tried turning noise reduction off, turning sharpness to 0, trying Real Cinema on and off, trying different settings for TruMotion - Off, Low, High, User with de-judder set to 0, 5 or 10 and de-blur set to 10, but I don't see any improvement. The other problem is with the Real Cinema setting. It will only stay on and enabled in the menu when the input signal is 1080i. 480p and 720p signals turn it off and gray it out on the menu. Has anyone else had these problems and have any suggestions?
post #93 of 306 Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 AM

Hi
I own a 55LW5700 bought in Indonesia.
I already have the local dimming options in the option menue by default. It was coming out of the box.

Is there any different types of 5700 series as I understandthat most of the 5700 users are not having local dimming locked out of the box.

I did enter the service menu and the TV is set to lw57 and local dimming to 1.

So I assume that in some region the 5700 has the local dimming option unlock.

Any other users experiencing the same ?

thanks
post #94 of 306 Old 02-28-2012, 04:45 PM
nsd

Hey guys,

Just picked this up online recently and I'm trying to wrap my head around enabling the hidden options (like local dimming) and whatnot. So far, I gather that you have to give a remote the capability to access the secret menu. Then what? The wiki only has a few screenshots, so I can't really tell if those options are there. Are they labelled properly, or using digit codes, or...? Any advice would be appreciated
post #95 of 306 Old 02-29-2012, 05:03 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd View Post

Hey guys,

Just picked this up online recently and I'm trying to wrap my head around enabling the hidden options (like local dimming) and whatnot. So far, I gather that you have to give a remote the capability to access the secret menu. Then what? The wiki only has a few screenshots, so I can't really tell if those options are there. Are they labelled properly, or using digit codes, or...? Any advice would be appreciated

It took me awhile to collate all the bits and pieces of the service menu hacks before I went in and did it. I would look and search in the LW5600 mega-thread for better instructions. Once you piece it together, it's easy.

Jim
post #96 of 306 Old 03-03-2012, 07:57 PM

Hi guys. Just found this thread and got some great calibration info. Thanks heaps.

I have a problem that is driving me crazy and someone may be able to help.

I have a Xbox 360 and a PS3 hooked up via HDMI to the TV and then an optical cable from the TV to my HTIB. I have the TV speakers turned off.

I can get a Dolby Digital signal passing through the TV from the 360 but the I can only get a stereo signal from the PS3. PS3 settings are set to output via HDMI.

I tried using an optical splitter to output from the PS3 via optical but for some reason the TV is constantly outputting a signal through the optical out of the TV even when the PS3 is set to output via optical not HDMI.

I am tearing my hair out a bit here. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.
post #97 of 306 Old 03-04-2012, 08:13 AM

Need some help, have used service menu to turn on DVR option but I need to know how to start a recording since the remote does not have a "Rec" button. I have a harmony remote (628) so if some one has the codes for the DVR commands I can program them inot the harmony. Other option would be to set the harmony to an LW6500, would the normal 6500 commands work on a 5700?

Any help most welcome
post #98 of 306 Old 03-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Ok. Went into the service menu and turned on the local dimming and THX options. I did not get a popup asking for a four digit passcode so I don't know if something has changed in the firmware or what. I used the RCA RCR312WR universal remote, Held the TV button while inputting 11265 and then pushed the Guide button and the service menu came right up. Anyone else have this experience?

WOW! Avatar 3D looks fantastic! THX settings seem to be better than the CNET settings. It is definately a noticable improvement.

One problem I am having is it not all the settings in expert one/two save when the power is turned off. In particular the IRE10 settings. When I power up the tv the setting are all back to 0's...any thoughts? Of course if I just the THX modes it shouldn't matter should it?
post #99 of 306 Old 03-06-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen17 View Post

Ok. Went into the service menu and turned on the local dimming and THX options. I did not get a popup asking for a four digit passcode so I don't know if something has changed in the firmware or what. I used the RCA RCR312WR universal remote, Held the TV button while inputting 11265 and then pushed the Guide button and the service menu came right up. Anyone else have this experience?

WOW! Avatar 3D looks fantastic! THX settings seem to be better than the CNET settings. It is definately a noticable improvement.

One problem I am having is it not all the settings in expert one/two save when the power is turned off. In particular the IRE10 settings. When I power up the tv the setting are all back to 0's...any thoughts? Of course if I just the THX modes it shouldn't matter should it?

Along with the THX settings there is an option in the service menu to enabe ISF menu, this will change expert one/two to ISF one/two. ISF menu's can be locked so that settings don't get changed by mistake. I wonder if somehow this is caught in between. Try enabling the ISF menu's and see if that fixes it.
I have mine set as ISF menu's and all of my settings save after being turned on and off. Might be worth a shot.
post #100 of 306 Old 03-06-2012, 01:37 PM

Thanks. Do you have to input a 4 digit pass code to access the service menu?
post #101 of 306 Old 03-06-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen17 View Post

Thanks. Do you have to input a 4 digit pass code to access the service menu?

I just tried entering the service menu, I am using a harmony one and yes it does prompt me to enter a password. You don't by chance have your tv set to store demo mode under options and mode settings do you? Just a thought. That would reset all of your settings back to default every time you turn the tv off and back on as well.
post #102 of 306 Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymerkramer View Post

I just tried entering the service menu, I am using a harmony one and yes it does prompt me to enter a password. You don't by chance have your tv set to store demo mode under options and mode settings do you? Just a thought. That would reset all of your settings back to default every time you turn the tv off and back on as well.

I will double check but not all of the settings "reset". I still have all the changes I made in the service menu (THX, local dimming, etc.) just some of the settings in expert 1 and 2 won't take notabley brightness restets to 50 and all settings under IRE10 reset to 0.

Just checked and it is in home mode. Also had to enter the pass code to access service menu tonight but did not do so last night. Bizarre.
post #103 of 306 Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

I bought the 47LM5700 from COstco on sale and it was delivered yesterday, it's replacing a 6yr old 42" Panasonic plasma.

I set it up on the same wall mount, and hooked it up to the cable box via HDMI, and first thing I thought was that the picture was not very good at all!

So next I updated the firmware, then went into the service menu and enabled local dimming, THX presets, and starting AC3. I then set the preset to "THX Brightroom" which helped a lot, but it was still way too dim and warm (yellow-reddish picture).
So I did all the CNET calibrations as recommended for the LW5600 (as mentioned many times in the other LW5600 thread) and that wasn't much better. Lastly I changed the color temp to MED and turned up the backlight and it's better, but still way too dim looking for me.

Am I just used to the brightness of my plasma (which had been calibrated), or could I have received a non-IPS panel in the so called "LG panel lottery"? I have a 32" vizio in the bedroom and I hate to say it but I'm happier with the picture on that TV.
post #104 of 306 Old 03-14-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:

Am I just used to the brightness of my plasma (which had been calibrated), or could I have received a non-IPS panel in the so called "LG panel lottery"? I have a 32" vizio in the bedroom and I hate to say it but I'm happier with the picture on that TV

Have you turned off energy savings?
post #105 of 306 Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM

I have the 47LW5700.. wondering if hacking into the system menu and enabling those settings is worth it...is it?

Does anyone else experience "lag" in the video when trumotion is set on high? Or maxed out (via user)
post #106 of 306 Old 03-14-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcool774 View Post

I have the 47LW5700.. wondering if hacking into the system menu and enabling those settings is worth it...is it?

Does anyone else experience "lag" in the video when trumotion is set on high? Or maxed out (via user)

With the 5700 it is definatly worth it. The 5700 does not have local dimming unless you enable it in the service menu. Local dimming helps control the flash lighting and improves blacks. The flash lighting still drives me crazy with letterbox movies in a dark room but at least with local dimming on max it is almost bearable. I keep Trumotion off at all times because I can't stand the soap opera effect, definatly not natural looking. I did try it during a basketball game the other night and did see tearing during fast panning shots. I thought the game looked better with it off.
post #107 of 306 Old 03-16-2012, 07:12 AM

Hey guys,
Just picked the 55 inch from Costco. Just to let you android guys out there know there is an app in the market that lets you in to the service menu and it works. It was like $6.50, so a little less than the rca remote and saves you a trip to walmart. Thx modes are awesome. This tv blows the doors off my old jvc hdla set. Question for you guys, what setting should I put local dimming on? Default seems to always be low. Is medium or high better? Also when I use the Internet Apps thx modes are not available and I'm not getting 5.1 from the tv through optical even when it says it's available. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Marc
post #108 of 306 Old 03-16-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus71 View Post

Hey guys,
Just picked the 55 inch from Costco. Just to let you android guys out there know there is an app in the market that lets you in to the service menu and it works. It was like $6.50, so a little less than the rca remote and saves you a trip to walmart. Thx modes are awesome. This tv blows the doors off my old jvc hdla set. Question for you guys, what setting should I put local dimming on? Default seems to always be low. Is medium or high better? Also when I use the Internet Apps thx modes are not available and I'm not getting 5.1 from the tv through optical even when it says it's available. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Marc

What's the app called?
post #109 of 306 Old 03-17-2012, 08:15 AM

LG service menu explorer. Any advice on local dimming settings? I went into the service menu and didn't see any options for DD 5.1 on optical out. If someone can tell me which option it is in the service menu it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
post #110 of 306 Old 03-17-2012, 11:20 AM

I'm going crazy trying to find anything on the web about enabling 5.1 optical out from the service menu. I've found a few I've done it and it works great but not the procedure. Anyone? Thanks
post #111 of 306 Old 03-17-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epgdurand View Post

Hi
I own a 55LW5700 bought in Indonesia.

Is there any different types of 5700 series . . .
thanks

I think there is only one type, but based on where you bought it, you would have different s/w loaded, and therefore different features enabled.
You probably have s/w 04.03.13 (or some earlier version).
If you bought in the US, the latest s/w is 04.02.62.
These are not different versions of the same s/w.
The download .zip sizes are different;
04.02.62 - 177889K
04.03.13 - 155529K

Can you tell us what your version is?
post #112 of 306 Old 03-17-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus71 View Post

I'm going crazy trying to find anything on the web about enabling 5.1 optical out from the service menu. I've found a few I've done it and it works great but not the procedure. Anyone? Thanks

Go to the LW5600 thread.
message #5754;

EZ Adjust menu, scroll down to the "AC3 EDID D/L" menu item and press select on the remote.

A sub-menu will appear. You want to press select on the "Start" menu item. It will sequentially go through the list of inputs and enable AC3.

After it's done (takes seconds), it will say "OK". At that point, exit the menu (simply click the button you programmed to access the menu to bring you back out) wait 10 seconds, power off the TV and wait 20 seconds then power the TV back on.
post #113 of 306 Old 03-17-2012, 05:56 PM

Thanks, appreciate it
post #114 of 306 Old 03-17-2012, 08:55 PM

So with trumotion off, it reverts to 60hz doesn't it? That sucks. I'm having stutter/lag with it on. Could it be because of the cable company? I'm going to test it out watching a bluray later. If it happens as well, definitely the tv
post #115 of 306 Old 03-20-2012, 09:01 AM

I picked up one of these sets at the weekend from Costco. Open box, So far I am loving the TV.>Watched my first 3d movie yesterday and I was amazed. Great picture.

Okay now a question. Has anyone got the Android App to connect to their TV? Mine sits at the pairing and will not go any further. Do I need to do anything while it's at the pairing stage? IE press any buttons on the lG remote? It's beginning to drive me crazy
post #116 of 306 Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 AM

Also I read somewhere if you endable the DVR function you lose another function.Can anyone tell me what function that is?thanks.
post #117 of 306 Old 03-20-2012, 01:20 PM

If you're talking about the service menu app, you have to manually enter you're ip address. You can get it by going into network status in settings on the tv. After that you have to put in the code that pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen. This was driving me crazy until I figured it out. I did the local dimming, thx modes (which are awesome), and dd optical out. The only thing I'm not liking is that the thx modes don't show up while using Apps, netflix etc..., and there is no game setting for 3d gaming. Definitely getting a bit of lag playing games in 3d. Any advice on this? And before you ask all settings on off. Thanks
Marc
post #118 of 306 Old 03-21-2012, 07:50 AM

Thanks Marcus71. It was actually my fault. I had forgotten I downloaded to LG apps from the Play store. The one I was trying to launch was the official app and that one was failing. Once I switched to the correct App. Input the IP. It connected fine.

Now I have THX enable and local dimming

Anyone know anything about enabling the DVR functions?
post #119 of 306 Old 03-22-2012, 03:56 AM

Liked: 11
I saw this in the 5600 thread. Amazon has the Magic Motion remotes right now for $15! They were $62 when I looked a few days ago and figured I could live without one. However, for $15, I had to have it.

I can't post the link since I don't have 3 posts, but it's easy to find on Amazon.
post #120 of 306 Old 03-22-2012, 07:49 AM

Dam..I should have waited. I just purchased a Magic Motion remotes for $20 of ebay. Refurb

Oh well.

Does anyone know if changing any of the settings Ex Menu disables the 24fps Movies? Just wodnering as that was oneof the features the 5700 had over the 5600.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Displays , Lg 55lw5600 55 Inch Class 3d Led Tv Full Hd 1080p With Basic Accessory Kit 2 Hdmi Cables 1 Rgb Cable , 3d Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lg , Lcd Hdtv , Lg 55 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Smart Tv 55lw5700
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page