Official LG 47LW5700/55LW5700 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 311 Old 04-16-2012, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just took advantage of Amazon's $15 price to get me a Magic Motion Remote, as even with the cost of postage to Canada it's a lot cheaper than buying locally ($99.99) or even on eBay, which was still a few dollars more.
Now to find a remote that allows me to access that Service Menu. As I said earlier the last tech to visit here did it using my own remote, wish I knew how.
Will most likely get a Harmony one if I can't beg, borrow or steal one (joking). My main objective in accessing it, apart from activating local dimming, would be to get some sort of adjustments for the TOSlink optical audio-out if possible, as the way it is now, I get weird booming noises over it when there's no signal. It's fine once sound is being transmitted though...quite bizarre. Fortunately I only use it when in the LG Apps.

Peter
Toronto, Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 311 Old 04-16-2012, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delio View Post

Hi guys just want to ask if any body try the lg service menu explorer application from the android market if its worth and work without any problem before buying this application. Because I can't find an RCA remote in my area. I'm from Kuwait anyway. Thanks in advance..

Hi Delio,
Yes I have used the LG service menu app from the Andriod Store. It works extremly well.

If you have an android device I recommend this over any of the remotes.
post #153 of 311 Old 04-16-2012, 11:48 AM

What about this service remote for sale on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=160776647103

Peter
Toronto, Canada
post #154 of 311 Old 04-16-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:

Hi guys just want to ask if any body try the lg service menu explorer application from the android market if its worth and work without any problem before buying this application. Because I can't find an RCA remote in my area. I'm from Kuwait anyway. Thanks in advance..

Android app works good.
post #155 of 311 Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post

What about this service remote for sale on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=160776647103

Pricey compared to other choices. And sold anyway.
If someone really wanted the LG suggested remotes, a quick search shows the MKJ39170828 at Sears and the 105-201M at an electronics store, both about $44.
post #156 of 311 Old 04-16-2012, 04:22 PM

thanks for all of you guys for responding to my query about lg application remote from android market. Now I don't have any worry about buying this app. Anyway I own sgs2. Thanks again...
post #157 of 311 Old 04-21-2012, 01:29 AM

Just got the LW5700 and enabled DVR, THX and local dimming. But i have a few questions.

1.) Is it necessarily to set the TV to LW56? I would like to change it back to LW57 just a bit paranoid.
2.) In the tool options there was a setting "THX Media Director" anyone know what that is?
3.) Anyway to get EPG? I just have basic cable (i.e no sat/cable box, coax from wall to tv). But my provider does not provide EPG but the TV supports it. With my Media Center PC it gets the EPG from the internet any way the same can be done?
4.) By enabling AC3 is that only on optical or will this work with the built in speakers?
5.) I never checked if local dimming was in the menu, but after enabling it i found it in the picture settings. Just want to confirm that is where it shows up right, like if i go disable it it will disappear from the Picture Menu?
6.) SimpleLink and Anynec+, arnt they one and the same? My old TV was a Samsung and have a samsung sound system but i can't use the LG remote to control the sound system.
7.) After enabling DVR how is one suppose to record? the LG remote does not have a Record button. I mean i could use the android app but would still like a key on the remote.

PS used my Harmony 300i to get into the service menu and the LG Remote app (not talkin about the service remote but rather just one to control the tv) in the Apple Store/Play Store are bad ass
post #158 of 311 Old 04-21-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinca View Post

Pricey compared to other choices. And sold anyway.
If someone really wanted the LG suggested remotes, a quick search shows the MKJ39170828 at Sears and the 105-201M at an electronics store, both about $44.

Just spotted your reply, must have missed the email notifications for some reason. You're right but I was the one who bought it in the end...LOL.

Ah well, we shall see if it works whenever it arrives from the seller in Israel.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway. At least it made me aware that Sears USA now ships to Canada...! Always useful to know if our local one doesn't stock something.

;-)

Peter
Toronto, Canada
post #159 of 311 Old 04-23-2012, 12:38 PM

Can anyone recommend the best place to put the Velcro for the Magic Motion Sensor? The instructions are typically LG-vague mentioning that the Velcro attachment location varies by model. I would say that is a given. Also does it really matter which USB port you use?

Peter
Toronto, Canada
post #160 of 311 Old 04-23-2012, 01:27 PM

The little manual that comes with it says USB1.
If you go here;
http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-AN-MR200#
it shows the location a lot better in the English manual.
post #161 of 311 Old 04-23-2012, 01:40 PM

Thanks - got it working fine and I stuck it at the top right looking at the back the back of the set. From the printed instructions it gave the impression that it had to be line-of-sight, which it doesn't actually have to be.

Peter
Toronto, Canada
post #162 of 311 Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 PM

i just got this tv 47lw5700-ue. I have a few questions. i've updated my tv via a wired connection on the tv. i've checked multiple times and it says its fully updated. software version 04.02.28

i checked lgs website and it shows a newer update? 04.02.62, is that correct? why doesn't the tv see this trough its own update feature?

also, i have a ps3 and a few games with 3d on them. for instance black ops has a setting to enable 3d but it is grayed out and won't let me select it. the manual says its compatible with active 3d... no mention of passive 3d. to get any 3d i have to use the 2d to 3d option on the tv. that isn't the same as having true 3d from the game being used. any help with that?
post #163 of 311 Old 04-28-2012, 05:37 AM

4.02.62 is the latest. There was a higher one that crippled the TV settings menu and they withdrew it. I posted back a page or so about that and how to revert to the previous version.

Maybe their servers are down as it should be offering you the 4.02.62 one. But it all depends on Country too, I've noticed that some countries seem to have different firmware versions...you should make sure you are getting it from the server for your country.

I can tell you that updating over the web, even by a wired connection, is painfully slow even with a high speed connection. Best to use a USB flash drive. Follow the instructions that appear with the download link HERE under the Drivers and Software tab. That's for Canada so alter the country as necessary.

By the way I don't think anyone but LG knows what the UE means but mine has that too, possibly meaning Ultra Economical or something similar to do with the Energy Saving setting that this model has.

I'll leave the PS3 question to someone else as I don't have one.

Peter
Toronto, Canada
post #164 of 311 Old 04-28-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willymayeshere View Post

i just got this tv 47lw5700-ue. I have a few questions. i've updated my tv via a wired connection on the tv. i've checked multiple times and it says its fully updated. software version 04.02.28

i checked lgs website and it shows a newer update? 04.02.62, is that correct? why doesn't the tv see this trough its own update feature?

also, i have a ps3 and a few games with 3d on them. for instance black ops has a setting to enable 3d but it is grayed out and won't let me select it. the manual says its compatible with active 3d... no mention of passive 3d. to get any 3d i have to use the 2d to 3d option on the tv. that isn't the same as having true 3d from the game being used. any help with that?

Make sure you update your PS3 and use a 1.4 HDMI cable. My uncle had that same problem, and the solution was to update the PS3.

post #165 of 311 Old 04-28-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:

4.02.62 is the latest. There was a higher one that crippled the TV settings menu and they withdrew it. I posted back a page or so about that and how to revert to the previous version.

Maybe their servers are down as it should be offering you the 4.02.62 one. But it all depends on Country too, I've noticed that some countries seem to have different firmware versions...you should make sure you are getting it from the server for your country.

I can tell you that updating over the web, even by a wired connection, is painfully slow even with a high speed connection. Best to use a USB flash drive. Follow the instructions that appear with the download link HERE under the Drivers and Software tab. That's for Canada so alter the country as necessary.

By the way I don't think anyone but LG knows what the UE means but mine has that too, possibly meaning Ultra Economical or something similar to do with the Energy Saving setting that this model has.

I'll leave the PS3 question to someone else as I don't have one.

Thank you very much! I was able to update the TV using the USB stick method. I'm from the US, btw. It's strange that the TV can't find that latest update via a network connection, but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo View Post

Make sure you update your PS3 and use a 1.4 HDMI cable. My uncle had that same problem, and the solution was to update the PS3.

I found out what the problem was. Apparently you need to go into the "display" settings on the PS3 and you click the first option there and it will automatically detect that you are using a 3D TV, THEN every game you use will have 3D as an option when playing (assuming the game is 3D capable). Without going into that option screen on the PS3, it will never know your TV is a 3D TV. I had to read many forum posts just to find that simple solution.
post #166 of 311 Old 04-28-2012, 02:22 PM

Glad you are OK.

;-)

Peter
Toronto, Canada
post #167 of 311 Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 PM

I just wandering because I have the option in local dimming in my 47lw5700 and I did not notice this before.i can turn it on and off. It might be in firmware or what?
post #168 of 311 Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Tiger Direct is running what appears to be a good deal on the refurbished 47" model of the W5700. I'd be picking it up as a secondary set in our basement, mainly for gaming. Are there any particular issues to be concerned about? I've glanced through this thread, and it seems like most owners are quite happy, especially after the hacks.
post #169 of 311 Old 04-30-2012, 04:35 PM

After a recent firmware update, my 55lw5700 started to shut its self off then on. Has anyone else experienced this?
I thought about another brand, but this tv has all the bells and whistles plus I liked it.
Thank goodness to Costco, it was a seamless exchange within my 90. I will buy the extend on this one also.
post #170 of 311 Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirb View Post

After a recent firmware update, my 55lw5700 started to shut its self off then on. Has anyone else experienced this?
I thought about another brand, but this tv has all the bells and whistles plus I liked it.
Thank goodness to Costco, it was a seamless exchange within my 90. I will buy the extend on this one also.

maybe Ex_Brit has an answer for you. Just Waite him to come back. Thanks....
post #171 of 311 Old 04-30-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:

I just wandering because I have the option in local dimming in my 47lw5700 and I did not notice this before.i can turn it on and off. It might be in firmware or what?

Did you do the menu hack on your TV? Are you the only owner of the TV or did you buy it used or refurbished? Also what country are you from? Maybe in different countries this model comes with local dimming on by default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rider View Post

Tiger Direct is running what appears to be a good deal on the refurbished 47" model of the W5700. I'd be picking it up as a secondary set in our basement, mainly for gaming. Are there any particular issues to be concerned about? I've glanced through this thread, and it seems like most owners are quite happy, especially after the hacks.

I bought mine from Tiger Direct (the refurbished deal going on right now). I bought an RCA remote to hack the menu and it was quite simple! If you'd like to have my remote I'd gladly sell it to you (I have no other use for it now). Send me a PM if you are interested. I'll even give you the instructions I used to unlock some of the options. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirb View Post

I have not experienced this. I have the latest firmware update. What firmware are you using?
post #172 of 311 Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willymayeshere View Post

Did you do the menu hack on your TV? Are you the only owner of the TV or did you buy it used or refurbished? Also what country are you from? Maybe in different countries this model comes with local dimming on by default?

ATM I don't have time to do the hacking busy for the whole month and I'm little bit nervous to do this because got this brand new for about $1,800.+ just for two month with two years warranty. They have a good deal its include
8 pair of glasses
magic remote
1 3D BD disc
Wall bracket
50KD voucher

As of now I'm happy with this tv with my setup (5.1 audio system,iz3d software for 3d viewing. Anyway I'm from Kuwait. Thanks.....
post #173 of 311 Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 AM

By the way all my system and setup are hook into my desktop PC. And for those who want to have good 3d viewing check this out. http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?...er=asc&start=0. Thanks...
post #174 of 311 Old 05-01-2012, 06:36 AM

i just bought this TV and it already had the 4.03 firmware on it, now sometimes when i hit my home button or use my magic motion remote to go to the home it will be REALLY delayed, i cant move around in the menu and theres two of the 6 shortcuts at the bottom that are stuck on loading for some reason, and you cant do anything without a giant 20 second delay in the home screen, sometimes it works fine but most times it doesnt, any help on the situation?

im using the 47lw5700

thanks in advance
post #175 of 311 Old 05-01-2012, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey818 View Post

i just bought this TV and it already had the 4.03 firmware on it, now sometimes when i hit my home button or use my magic motion remote to go to the home it will be REALLY delayed, i cant move around in the menu and theres two of the 6 shortcuts at the bottom that are stuck on loading for some reason, and you cant do anything without a giant 20 second delay in the home screen, sometimes it works fine but most times it doesnt, any help on the situation?

im using the 47lw5700

thanks in advance

There have been some issues with the 4.03 firmware. Various solutions have been posted in the LW5600 thread (since the two models are almost identical). Most suggest going into Setup and then Support at the bottom and selecting the "Initialization of Premium" option as a fix. Others have recommended turning off automatic login to LG's Smart TV service. At the extreme end you can revert to the previous firmware.

I should also note that many have reported that simply waiting a few days seems to resolve the problem. The suspicion is that this allows all the smart apps to update.
post #176 of 311 Old 05-01-2012, 06:21 PM

Is the firmware goes globally or just for some region. I'm curious about this.
post #177 of 311 Old 05-02-2012, 08:26 AM

The website is now only carrying the 4.02.62 firmware so I recommend reverting to that by going into Settings and on the Options page click 9 seven times and if successful it will reboot.

Question for the Service Menu experts.....I have access to that now and see where to change the model number to 5600 and the Local Dimming has a Start button. When you click that it changes to 'Downloading' then the screen goes dark.....wait until something happens or what?

Peter
Toronto, Canada
post #178 of 311 Old 05-02-2012, 02:11 PM

Funny thing - I have yet to experience any problem with 4.03.01 and I've been on it since the day it was released.

But as for the menu ? , sounds like you are in the IN START menu, but you want to be in the EZ MENU.
Tool Option 1 - change LW57 to LW56 (all the other changes hinge on this)
Tool Option 2 - change LocalDim Menu from 0 to 1
Tool Option 4 - change Local Dimming from 0 to 1

Exit and turn off tv for about 30 secs.
When you turn back on, you should see the Local Dimming option in the Setup.
post #179 of 311 Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 PM

Thanks but how do I get the EZ Menu? Sorry if it's already somewhere here, I haven't found it.

I should add that I'm using an LG 6710V00091G Service Remote which has a button on the back which brings up the In Start Service Menu after entering a password on the regular remote of course.

Edit again: I guess I need to get myself a universal remote like the link in the 1st post states, but it's kind of absurd I can't use an LG remote. Ah well, back to the drawing board. I didn't realise there were two kinds of service menu.

Peter
Toronto, Canada
post #180 of 311 Old 05-02-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:

Thanks but how do I get the EZ Menu? Sorry if it's already somewhere here, I haven't found it.

I should add that I'm using an LG 6710V00091G Service Remote which has a button on the back which brings up the In Start Service Menu after entering a password on the regular remote of course.

I followed these instructions (with a different remote):
Quote:

Start by getting an RCA universal remote model no. RCR312WR. Then you have to hold the "tv" button while you type in this code = 11265. After that I pressed the "Guide" button and a pop up appears asking for a 4-digit passcode. That passcode is = 0413. And now the service menu will appear on the left side of the tv with a bunch of numbers and options. Now which options and settings that are safe I do not know. I do know which ones are to turn the Local dimming on and to turn on all the THX picture settings. Here goes, Option 1 goto>tool>change to lw56. This will fool the set into thinking it is now an LW5600. Next, Option 2 goto>localdim menu=1 (This turns on the menu item).Finally, Option 4 local dimming = 1. This is to turn on the local dimming, basically changing the lw5700 into a lw5600. To turn on the THX settings = Option 3 THX = 1. Go to Option 6 3d THX = 1. Now you have turned on the THX settings. For safety and not to corrupt the firmware, after any change exit the menu, wait 10 seconds or so, power off the TV and wait 20 to 30 seconds then power the TV back on. This should change your set in the lw5600 and added the THX options.

The THX 3D mode is a nice little easter egg too! It looks really good. Also, pressing the guide button backs out of each screen and if you press it on the first page of the EZ Menu or service menu, it will exit out of the entire menu. I know some people had problems exiting out of the menu, they didn't know which button to use (and didn't want to mess up their settings).
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Displays , Lg 55lw5600 55 Inch Class 3d Led Tv Full Hd 1080p With Basic Accessory Kit 2 Hdmi Cables 1 Rgb Cable , 3d Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lg , Lcd Hdtv , Lg 55 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Smart Tv 55lw5700
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page