post #211 of 308 Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazziee View Post

Delio,
It's the same as using the remote. I used it for my TV and had no problems.

use the code 0413 to access the menu's.

and use this gude as a reference if you like.

http://blog.workingsi.com/2012/02/ha...lw5700-tv.html

thanks mate!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 308 Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 AM

I am the proud owner of an LG 47LW5700, and I love it.

No complaints about it's performance or quality... except... the LG Apps.

Other than a few of the premium apps, most everything else is the worst kind of worthless shovel-ware.

Is there any news of, say, a Pandora or TuneIn Radio app for LG? Or apps for video sites like, Al Jazeera or LiveStation? I was happy to see an RT (formerly Russia Today) app, but it appears to be broken.
post #213 of 308 Old 05-23-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haenck View Post

I am the proud owner of an LG 47LW5700, and I love it.

No complaints about it's performance or quality... except... the LG Apps.

Other than a few of the premium apps, most everything else is the worst kind of worthless shovel-ware.

Is there any news of, say, a Pandora or TuneIn Radio app for LG? Or apps for video sites like, Al Jazeera or LiveStation? I was happy to see an RT (formerly Russia Today) app, but it appears to be broken.

Yeah I agree the LG apps are pretty lame....Could you stream pandora through the built in Browser? If so that could be an alternative.

I am still blown away by the 3D movies. Flicker free rocks. Oh and if any one has a PS3, be to check out Wipeout (the future racing game)It has the best 3d effects i have seen in a game.
post #214 of 308 Old 05-24-2012, 09:46 AM

Hello,

Please, I need a little help here.

Anyone know if it's possible to keep the headphone connected and manage to have speakers on? Because it's such a pain to plug and unplug every time I need.

Thanks in advance
post #215 of 308 Old 05-28-2012, 09:32 AM

Hi,

LG LW5700... USB wireless dongle plugged in (the one which came with the set). When I search for the wireless access points, I get no access points found (neither ours, or other ones from the neighbors) All of our other devices connect fine (laptops, iPad, iPod, Wii)

I've reviewed my modem's settings and have tried:
- looking at 80211 settings... it is configured to accept both 802.11b and 8021..g.
- entering IP address for the gateway for the SSID
- it is not an issue of signal strength as other devices connect in the same room.
- verified right USB connection of the dongle on the set

My modem is set up to be a server (ActionTec) and dymanically assign an IP address.

Any ideas?

Thanks...
post #216 of 308 Old 06-01-2012, 01:20 PM

I've been looking at this set for a while. It was on sale at Dell.ca for $1250 but I'm not comfortable because of their return policy (if it's not defective they charge 15% restocking fee to return). Well now that sale is over but a new one bundles this set with the BD660 player for only $1300 (so for an extra $50 you get a player that they are selling for $100 and that's on a half-off discount).

However at the same time FS just came out with a sale (starts tomorrow evening) for the 55LS5000 for $1K. I've heard that it's the same as the 5700 except for the smart tv features, but I would get those on the 3D blu ray player anyway. So this would give me flexibility on getting a (possibly) better player.

That is, of course, *if* the TV is the same except for the smart features. Local dimming is available without any service menu changes, but I might still want to enable some of the other goodies.

Or am I better off getting the 55LW5700+BD660 (this would be an extra $200 but I'd get the wifi dongle and won't have to worry about running an ethernet cable to the player)?
post #217 of 308 Old 06-03-2012, 11:25 AM

I have been having a problem with my LG 47LW5700-UE TV intermittently powering off and on every 1 to 3 hours after the 4.03.02 update. A service person came out and replaced the mother board and it is still randomly turning off and on using the 4.03.02 update. It has no problem with the original 4.02.62 firmware and neither did my original mother board. Is anyone else having this issue with the LW5600 TV?

Update 6/6/2012

I think this may have something to do with the TV Smart Share software. All my media comes from my HTPC computer through an HDMI cable. My HTPC use a HDHomeRun Prime and a HDHomeRun Dual Tuner that is on my network to provide all my cable and network programs. The HDHomeRun Prime shows up as 3 Smart Share devices but not the HDHomeRun Dual Tuner, maybe because it is behind a network switch. When I select one of the HDHomeRun Prime devices there is a pause of about 5 seconds then the TV turns off and on. I thinking that the TV software update is having a problem with one or both of this Smart Share Devices. My original 4.02.62 firmware also displays the three HDHomeRun Prime devices and when I click one of them, it also pauses for about 5 seconds then turns off and on. However, as I mentioned already the original 4.02.62 firmware doesn’t turn off and on during normal operations.

I also notice that when I first turn the TV on in the morning that after about an 1 hour and 10-20 minutes it always powers off and on.

To test my theory I have removed the network dongle which prevents the TV Smart Share devices from being detected and should prevent the problem. I'll post back my results.

Update 6/7/2012

Since I removed the network dongle 1 1/2 days ago there has been no problems with the TV turning off and on. I notice the HDHomeRun firmware had an update so I installed it to see if that may help. I plugged in the network dongle to see if that may fix this. Right after I turned the TV back on, it run for 15 minutes before turning off and on again and is back to turning off and on every 1 to 3 hours now. I differently think the TV is having a problem with one of the HDHomeRun devices.

I've also noticed that the TV model/type is GLOBAL-PLAT3 and serial number is SKJY1107. I read that the service tech should have gone into the service menu and set it back to the correct numbers. Anyone know the key code commands to activate the service menu?

Update 6/9/2012

The service tech came out and he changed the TV model and serial number.  He talked by phone to his support person and after testing for several other possible reasons for this problem, they have asked me to remove the network dongle and use a direct network connection to see if that has any affect. They said if that doesn’t fix the issue then I should remove the HDHomeRun devices from my network or run the TV without the network. I was hoping that the support person would at least suggest that maybe the 4.03.02 firmware update was at fault (since the original 4.02.62 firmware worked fine) and that they would look into this issue, but of cause, I was being too optimistic.

So, that’s it. I’m on my own. I will update this post if the direct network connection does fix this issue. Otherwise, I’ll have to go back to the original 4.02.62 firmware or use the TV without a network, or maybe take it back to Costco.

post #218 of 308 Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 PM

I had the same problem once after the update. Should have noted it, but I think it was about 4 hrs. after the update. Hasn't happened again.
post #219 of 308 Old 06-09-2012, 11:25 AM

jackinca,
If you go into the TV Menu and on the far right side under Smart Share, do you have any devices listed?
Also see my update in post #217.
Burt
post #220 of 308 Old 06-11-2012, 07:48 AM

Liked: 11
So, I'm thinking of going for this set because they are on clearance everywhere, and the 2012 replacement models don't seem to be providing anything other than a glossy screen.

Reading the last few pages, am I correct in assuming that I probably should not upgrade the firmware at the moment? Or do these problems only show up in the apps/shared devices aspects? I plan on using my PS3 as a media hub and not using any of the SMART TV features at all.
post #221 of 308 Old 06-13-2012, 05:04 PM

Well, finally pulled the trigger and ordered the 55LW5700 yesterday. Dell (.ca) has had various sales on this unit either alone or in combination with the BD660 player. I could no-longer get a price match at any local BestBuy (none left) and the latest deal was just too tempting ($1150, free shipping). I'll be using my PS3 with it, at least initially. Do I need to do anything to enable 3D playback? (my PS3 is pretty up-to-date system-upgrade-wise). How do I access the service menu to enable local dimming and other features? I heard there was a way using a Harmony remote.
post #222 of 308 Old 06-14-2012, 08:53 AM

Hi guys, this thread is so helpful!!

My tv is going to be delivered any day and I have some questions.

Can I use my Rogers remote on this tv and if yes does anyone know the steps and code to do so?

Can I access the ez_menu with my Rogers remote? I do have an Android tablet, is the paid app easy to access the ez_menu with?

This tv says it is smart ready but it means there is a dongle of some sort to stick in a usb slot?

I understand my magic remote (ordered from Amazon.com for $15) needs to have something plugged into a usb as well? Can it go in usb 2 or does it matter?

I use an iPhone, is there an app that can access the service menu on there? Or just the remote?

thanks!
post #223 of 308 Old 06-14-2012, 01:18 PM

I will try and answer some of your Questions.

Can I use my Rogers remote on this tv and if yes does anyone know the steps and code to do so? I am not sure what the rogers remote is. I used the Android app and it includes ez_menu as well as the advanced.

Can I access the ez_menu with my Rogers remote? I do have an Android tablet, is the paid app easy to access the ez_menu with? See above

This tv says it is smart ready but it means there is a dongle of some sort to stick in a usb slot? It comes with a Wifi Dongle that you plug in to the TV to connect to the internet. You can also hard wire if you choose. Once youa re connected to the internet you can download and use your Smart TV apps…Netflix,facebook and so on

I understand my magic remote (ordered from Amazon.com for $15) needs to have something plugged into a usb as well? Can it go in usb 2 or does it matter? I think it has to be in USB 1, Also you should move the receiver around (block box you fix to the TV) until you find the sweet spot. The instructions that come with it are crap.

I use an iPhone, is there an app that can access the service menu on there? Or just the remote? No iPhone App for the Service menu’s only the TV remote. It’s very good though.

Hope that helps you out.
post #224 of 308 Old 06-14-2012, 02:04 PM

Thanks, sorry Rogers is the cable TV provider here in the Toronto, Ontario area.

My magic remote will require me to use the 2nd usb slot?
post #225 of 308 Old 06-15-2012, 08:53 AM

Correct yes it takes up one of the USB slots.
post #226 of 308 Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtjohnson View Post

jackinca,
If you go into the TV Menu and on the far right side under Smart Share, do you have any devices listed?
Also see my update in post #217.
Burt
Sorry for the delay.
I'm not using a HTPC, but I have 2 entries.
Media Link
DLNA (network computer name)
post #227 of 308 Old 06-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
55LW5700 vs. 47LW6500

I need your opinion on this one guys, least sale price currently for the 55LW5700 is $1150 vs. $950 for the 47LW6500. For sure bigger is better, and the glossy LW6500 is already a deterrent factor, but assuming everything else is not that important, my question is there a noticeable effect for 120hz vs. 240hz when it comes to passive 3D ?

I have read several articles about how active shutter 3D makes a better a use of the increased refresh rate for less ghosting and less flicker, but these are not issues to start with with passive 3D ?

In theory LG True 3D as it attempts to display full image per each eye would make a better use of increased refresh rate, but the real question is ... would that be really noticeable ?

Additionally, as newer doesn't always mean better, is there any other perks you guys know about that the 5700 has which is missing on the 6500 (does both have an IPS panel) ?

Thanks in advance smile.gif
post #228 of 308 Old 06-16-2012, 01:10 PM

Well, it got delayed and only shipped out on Friday, so no new TV for Father's Day frown.gif I may have to call in sick on Monday though smile.gif

Rogers in Toronto uses Cisco cable boxes (the older 8300 or the newer 8642). As far as I know those remotes can't be used to access the service menus. However I downloaded Python and the short python script and am planning on using that. If you've got a wireless home network (and who doesn't) and since this TV has the wireless dongle included, it's probably the easiest thing to do -- assuming you are already going to be programming your wireless network credentials for the TV.
post #229 of 308 Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM

I have this http://reviews.cnet.com/blu-ray-players/panasonic-dmp-bdt210/4507-9991_7-34468896.html?tag=subnav it has wifi on it, does that mean I don't need to use the wifi dongle on my tv?
post #230 of 308 Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 PM

Yes, but it means you always have to power up your player to get any of the network content (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) Right now I have to juggle three remotes -- one for my TV, one for the cable box and one for the PS3. In order to watch Netflix I turn on the TV and set it to the correct input using the TV remote, then I pick up the PS3 remote and turn that on, then go to Netflix. And because the audio levels are very different between the PS3 and the cable box I have to adjust volume if I go from Netflix to cable. In short, having it on the TV would make it easier (of course I have not yet used the TV's native Netflix app -- maybe it's not worth the convenience). Anyhow, if you have the LW5700 then it comes with the wifi dongle in the box.
post #231 of 308 Old 06-20-2012, 12:19 PM

Another question that someone might know, a friend told me I can back-up all my blu rays (100+) to a 3TB external HD and use that to watch my movies conveniently - how do I know if the 5700 will read a HD that big or I guess my Blu Ray player can do it?

Well the TV arrives Friday so I will probably have lots more questions. It would be cool if someone put together an FAQ for setting up your new 5700 - I know the info is in the thread and I have been bookmarking certain posts but I am a real beginner with this stuff, so if it was spelled out in a guide it would be awesome!
post #232 of 308 Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 PM

Well, finally got a call for Purolator to set up a delivery time. Hopefully I'll be able to set something up for Thursday afternoon.

The first post has pretty much all the info you need. There is a link to a tutorial (wiki page) on how to access the hidden menus to make the set behave like a 5600 (with local dimming and everything else), then there are links to two ISF calibrations -- you can use one for each of the two Expert modes. Done.
post #233 of 308 Old 06-22-2012, 07:51 AM

Thanks, you are right...I am just not that savvy.

When I hook this up should I put my cable to my Blu Ray player first then out to my TV? What is the difference if I do it directly to the TV? Is one way better than the other?
post #234 of 308 Old 06-22-2012, 08:44 AM

Do you have an entertainment system? If so all devices should be plugged into that. Then you run one HDMI cable from your System to your TV.

If you don't have an Entertainment system then plug the devices in directly to the TV using HDMI....If your devices support that, otherwise Component.
post #235 of 308 Old 06-22-2012, 09:21 AM

Thanks. My blu ray has wifi, so I was thinking then I won't have to use the dongle for the TV if I plug cable into the blu ray player first, or can I do it that way anyways?
post #236 of 308 Old 06-22-2012, 12:45 PM

In 16:9 the picture is not very sharp, mostly it looks good in the little square, does that sound right?
post #237 of 308 Old 06-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Advanced Member

Hello guys,
I would be grateful if any one can tell me the dimensions (W X D) of the stand that comes with the 55LW5700 I have looked online and all specs gives the dimensions of the TV with the stand so I lose the stand width.
TIA
post #238 of 308 Old 06-23-2012, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
21 3/4in wide. 13in deep.
aasoror likes this.
post #239 of 308 Old 06-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowop View Post

21 3/4in wide. 13in deep.

Thanks so much.
post #240 of 308 Old 06-24-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg123 View Post

Thanks. My blu ray has wifi, so I was thinking then I won't have to use the dongle for the TV if I plug cable into the blu ray player first, or can I do it that way anyways?

Plug the dongle in (and program the TV for your home wifi network settings); it's useful for more than just the smart TV functions (e.g. firmware upgrades) and, besides, you may have some apps on the TV that are not on your player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg123 View Post

Thanks, you are right...I am just not that savvy.
When I hook this up should I put my cable to my Blu Ray player first then out to my TV? What is the difference if I do it directly to the TV? Is one way better than the other?

If by "cable" you mean the tv signal from the wall outlet, then that should go into your cable set-top box (not player or TV). You would only plug cable into your TV if it came from an antenna for OTA reception. If you have an AV receiver then plug all components (cable box, blu ray player, gaming system, etc.) into the receiver, then connect the receiver out to your TV (using HDMI). If you don't have an AV receiver then plug your cable box and payer directly into the TV. I believe it has 3, maybe 4 HDMI inputs. Remember which one is on which input so you that you know what input to use if you are watching TV versus movie or playing a video game.

P.S. I got mine on Friday and it's still in the box frown.gif Spent all Saturday assembling some IKEA furniture for the kids' bedrooms. Since I have some re-cabling to do for the new TV (we're putting it up on the mantle which is on the other side of the room from the cable outlet) I'm not in a great hurry.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Displays , Lg 55lw5600 55 Inch Class 3d Led Tv Full Hd 1080p With Basic Accessory Kit 2 Hdmi Cables 1 Rgb Cable , 3d Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lg , Lcd Hdtv , Lg 55 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Smart Tv 55lw5700
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page