Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 45 Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAMDchip View Post

Here is the picture taken of the red lines. I thought that Only Red pixels were suppose to be lit and not all of them, even though the green and blue or dimly lit.

Second picture is supposed to be a big red circle

Link below is same tv model with 4:4:4 working, i am confused.

http://larchive.avsforum.com/www.avs...5&postcount=97

make sure you open the belle-nuit chart and maximize the window, but do not hit F11 which will stretch the image to full screen. also if you have a magnifying glass handy you should verify that your eyes see what the camera sees. apparently my crappy camera was distorting the image. i thought my UN32D5500 was failing the test until i grabbed a magnifying glass and took a closer look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 02-27-2012, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter_ View Post

make sure you open the belle-nuit chart and maximize the window, but do not hit F11 which will stretch the image to full screen. also if you have a magnifying glass handy you should verify that your eyes see what the camera sees. apparently my crappy camera was distorting the image. i thought my UN32D5500 was failing the test until i grabbed a magnifying glass and took a closer look.

Yes i did display the Belle-nuit found on the forums here, and did use magnifier first, and also the picture was not being zoomed or shrunken and was displayed right on-screen. The picture my camera got is the same thing i saw with the magnifier. So i take it then doing the test right something is wrong. Any idea's i should try?
post #33 of 45 Old 02-27-2012, 08:52 PM

Try to label the input as "PC"(it wasn't necessary in may case, but it couldn't hurt and i'd recommend to use the "PC mode" anyway).

Also, try another DVI port.
post #34 of 45 Old 02-28-2012, 12:21 AM

As porter pointed out, make sure you're opening the image with WIV (Windows Image Viewer) and make sure the image is maximized but not in fullscreen. Your other option is to open the image with WIV and then press Ctrl+O. That will display the image at it's proper size for the window size you have open.

Also JoshZH asked you if you were using a Nvidia or an AMD/ATi video card but he never got a reply. It's crucial you let us know because Nvidia cards can require registry changes in order ot have working 4:4:4.
post #35 of 45 Old 02-28-2012, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

The Video card i am using is a AMD Radeon 6000 Series "6870"
I finally got the 4:4:4 Chroma working. It seems i only could get it to work by using the mini-display port. So i get several adapters daisy chained finally going to the tv's. I do not get why it did not work on the GPU's HDMI or DVI with HDMI adapter. It is very confusing. I attached some pics

Picture 1 is the video cards port diagram

Picture 2 tv is 4:4:4 working via Mini-Displayport with MDP to DVI adapter to DVI to HDMI adapter to the tv's HDMI input 2. "Note with this used in CCC pixel format is no longer available, but was when hooked up via DVI or HDMI on GPU end."

Picture 3 is with the tv hooked up the the DVI port "reference on the chart i used the digital one and not vga one" with HDMI adapter to the tv. I failed to get 4:4:4 working.

So it's working now but why is it that everyone else uses there DVI ports to get the job done and i couldn't with my video card. Could this have something to do with the video card being eye infinity ready?
LL
LL
LL
post #36 of 45 Old 02-28-2012, 01:35 PM

Well, if "pixel format" in the control center is available even with DVI-HDMI, it could mean your particular video card can carry audio through DVI(many NVIDIA cards do, but i didn't hear about AMD ones, until now, that is), thus disabling 4:4:4.
post #37 of 45 Old 02-28-2012, 04:09 PM

Liked: 12
Go into the Host Diagnostics screen (directions here - link).

If the Host Diag / DVI/HDMI Status says "Mode: DVI", then you're operating in monitor mode and 4:4:4 should work. If it says anything else such as...

Mode: HDMI
AVI:
- Aspect Ratio: 16x9
- Active Format AR: Undefined Value (8)
- Color Space : YCbCr 4:4:4
- Colorimetry: Undefined Value(3)
- Extended Colormetry: XVYCC709

... 4:4:4 will fail (even though color space says 4:4:4).

So the key is to figure out settings that gets the DVI/HDMI status to say "Mode: DVI". For me, using a DVI->HDMI cable was the only way to do it. Messing around with the 'Pixel Format' in Catalyst does nothing.
post #38 of 45 Old 02-28-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoohcontinuum View Post

That is a pretty neat little feature. To bad that's not in every make/model.
post #39 of 45 Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoohcontinuum View Post

If the Host Diag / DVI/HDMI Status says "Mode: DVI", then you're operating in monitor mode and 4:4:4 should work. If it says anything else such as...

Mode: HDMI
AVI:
- Aspect Ratio: 16x9
- Active Format AR: Undefined Value (8)
- Color Space : YCbCr 4:4:4
- Colorimetry: Undefined Value(3)
- Extended Colormetry: XVYCC709

... 4:4:4 will fail (even though color space says 4:4:4).

So the key is to figure out settings that gets the DVI/HDMI status to say "Mode: DVI". For me, using a DVI->HDMI cable was the only way to do it. Messing around with the 'Pixel Format' in Catalyst does nothing.

I did exactly as you said and it does say "Mode: HDMI"
So is there a setting i can change the the tv, or do i have to buy a cable like you said?

Update Turns out i have a Female DVI to Male HDMI adapter lying around so i was about to use the video cards DVI output with a DVI cable and plug directly into the HDMI port on the tv with the adapter and sure enough the 4:4:4 is working and the host config menu you mentioned switched it to "Mode: DVI"

So is there any difference between the first method i found vs the new one i came up with (thepoohcontinuum) help other than using less adapters and being simpler?
post #40 of 45 Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAMDchip View Post

I did exactly as you said and it does say "Mode: HDMI"
So is there a setting i can change the the tv, or do i have to buy a cable like you said?

Update Turns out i have a Female DVI to Male HDMI adapter lying around so i was about to use the video cards DVI output with a DVI cable and plug directly into the HDMI port on the tv with the adapter and sure enough the 4:4:4 is working and the host config menu you mentioned switched it to "Mode: DVI"

So is there any difference between the first method i found vs the new one i came up with (thepoohcontinuum) help other than using less adapters and being simpler?

Glad to hear you got it working.

Using an adapter is the same thing as using an actual DVI>HDMI cable. People usually use the actual cable though just to eliminate any possible variables.
post #41 of 45 Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Just a little update and quick question. The tv now my monitor has been working great. I just noticed the other day that the when certain colors are displayed "steam program menu that the pixels throughout the whole screen seem to go berserk, its like there interference or picture being displayed gets this alternating fuzz put on top the screen and the whole screen faintly flashes, like a florescent light that is near the end of its life and flickers but not terribly. If I can't fix this faint panel flashing and pixel snow noise thing this will be a deal breaker. I need it to maintain a the picture being displayed and back light output as well. Also it is most noticeable when the picture mode is at vivid which is pretty bright. I appreciate the help as always.
post #42 of 45 Old 03-03-2012, 08:37 AM

Can you make a photo ?

Also, which picture mode are you using ?
post #43 of 45 Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

The picture mode is VIVID. As for the picture i will try but am doubtful because the distortion is so small in the pixels, it will be difficult to show.
post #44 of 45 Old 03-12-2012, 12:03 AM

LG XXLK450 is the best TV i have found so far, but it has terrible blacks. A650 series is the best IMO, but you can't buy them anymore...
post #45 of 45 Old 03-12-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrescottX View Post

LG XXLK450 is the best TV i have found so far, but it has terrible blacks. A650 series is the best IMO, but you can't buy them anymore...

The best blacks come from a A-MVA panel as far as I can tell. Not a lot of displays use them though and both of the DX-32L230A12 sets I went through prior to them being discontinued had defects in the screens. That could be an issue with Dynex/shipping/etc. and not the AUO screens but there is no telling with such a small "sample group".
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page