Sharp 2012 models - Page 9 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > LCD Flat Panel Displays > Sharp 2012 models

LCD Flat Panel Displays

Fastslappy's Avatar Fastslappy
12:39 PM Liked: 753
post #241 of 270
03-12-2012 | Posts: 6,775
Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

I dont completely agree with your theory but its possible. On the other hand, releasing this unit as a direct competitor to your high end line seems fairly stupid given the various sku's they already have in the 70 inch size. I mean there is at least 5 model numbers for the 70 inch sharps at last count.....

the fly in the ointment is the pulsing/cyan issue now with the Elite"s

all the 70's are edge lit & that's Not a plus by any stretch .
but releasing a 80" Full Back Lit with all the bells & whistles except L/D as the Top model is a easy substitute for a product (945)that is not ready for prime time .
it's all a guess by us anyway Sharp is really tight with details on the future
the Sharp marketing Rep's seem to love to start rumors as well ... that's what it seems to me after reading all the buzz they have said in the last few years about what was to come & some of it was BS .
it could also be that Sharp sees alot of fence sitters waiting for an Elite fix of it's issues before buying , waiting on the 945's as well as a cheaper substitute .
I was in the market for a Elite, but not with the issues now
6SpeedTA95's Avatar 6SpeedTA95
05:31 PM Liked: 12
post #242 of 270
03-12-2012 | Posts: 2,321
Joined: Nov 2004
Man I hope the 945 isnt shelved. I can't sell my wife on an Elite, no way, no how. The 945 was going to be my set if it handled motion and blacks as well as the Elite...or close to it.

Sony's 929 is awesome but doesn'tcome in 60 inch size.
rogo's Avatar rogo
07:36 PM Liked: 634
post #243 of 270
03-12-2012 | Posts: 30,410
Joined: Dec 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95 View Post

Man I hope the 945 isnt shelved. I can't sell my wife on an Elite, no way, no how. The 945 was going to be my set if it handled motion and blacks as well as the Elite...or close to it.

Sony's 929 is awesome but doesn'tcome in 60 inch size.

You can't justify the 65" huh?
papi4baby's Avatar papi4baby
09:34 PM Liked: 10
post #244 of 270
03-12-2012 | Posts: 231
Joined: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum801 View Post

Don't know if it's been posted but according to cnet sharp has said as of now the 945U is uncertain For right now , they didn't say anything more ? So it looks like all edge lit sets for now , other than the 80" 3d set which has no local dimming .



I guess Sony might be getting my money.
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma
11:58 PM Liked: 692
post #245 of 270
03-12-2012 | Posts: 12,416
Joined: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95 View Post

Man I hope the 945 isnt shelved. I can't sell my wife on an Elite, no way, no how. The 945 was going to be my set if it handled motion and blacks as well as the Elite...or close to it.

We do not see this cancelled as of yet...........in fact

MSRP will be as follows:

MSRP: $3,299.99 Sharp LC-60LE945U
MSRP: $4,299.99 Sharp LC-70LE945U
redrum801's Avatar redrum801
01:32 AM Liked: 10
post #246 of 270
03-13-2012 | Posts: 132
Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

We do not see this cancelled as of yet...........in fact

MSRP will be as follows:

MSRP: $3,299.99 Sharp LC-60LE945U
MSRP: $4,299.99 Sharp LC-70LE945U

I think they'll release it later this year , most likely end of summer right before football season , Around same time they'll probably announce the 2012 elite series

I'm sorry to say I won't be getting any of them , my 60" sxrd is pretty much kaput ( green haze ) Sony is offering me a 55" 2012 model for less than 1k , wife making me take the offer ( insert smiley face with ball and chain and whip here ) lol , best of luck to all of you with your new sets !
sjchmura's Avatar sjchmura
03:33 AM Liked: 13
post #247 of 270
03-13-2012 | Posts: 1,767
Joined: Jan 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

We do not see this cancelled as of yet...........in fact

MSRP will be as follows:

MSRP: $3,299.99 Sharp LC-60LE945U
MSRP: $4,299.99 Sharp LC-70LE945U

Thanks for the note. You have a customer waiting for the 70" One.....
6SpeedTA95's Avatar 6SpeedTA95
06:06 AM Liked: 12
post #248 of 270
03-13-2012 | Posts: 2,321
Joined: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

You can't justify the 65" huh?

I could but that gets really cramped in our living room. Hell the 60 is cramped...but i talked the wife into it
6SpeedTA95's Avatar 6SpeedTA95
06:12 AM Liked: 12
post #249 of 270
03-13-2012 | Posts: 2,321
Joined: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

We do not see this cancelled as of yet...........in fact

MSRP will be as follows:

MSRP: $3,299.99 Sharp LC-60LE945U
MSRP: $4,299.99 Sharp LC-70LE945U

Fantastic news lets hope it holds. And those are about 200 dollars lower than i had anticipated.
Suzook's Avatar Suzook
07:07 AM Liked: 27
post #250 of 270
03-13-2012 | Posts: 5,483
Joined: Jun 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95 View Post


Fantastic news lets hope it holds. And those are about 200 dollars lower than i had anticipated.

And actual street should be much lower
sjchmura's Avatar sjchmura
09:41 AM Liked: 13
post #251 of 270
03-13-2012 | Posts: 1,767
Joined: Jan 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95 View Post


Fantastic news lets hope it holds. And those are about 200 dollars lower than i had anticipated.

Agreed. And I am sure CP will sell them for cheaper to all their friends here


Still, the news from CNEt and others "in the know " worry me. I mean the 84" vapor ware LG has MSRP.

When they have a ship date I will believe it!
TagsDad's Avatar TagsDad
05:11 PM Liked: 10
post #252 of 270
03-28-2012 | Posts: 29
Joined: Mar 2012
Just noticed that that Amazon has Paul TV's listing for the 70" 70LE847U, but I haven't seen a specific thread or much information about it. Between this and the 735, which is better?

Thanks,
John
rogo's Avatar rogo
05:44 PM Liked: 634
post #253 of 270
03-28-2012 | Posts: 30,410
Joined: Dec 1999
The 847 is a 2012 model. It should be better, but absent some actual observations and tests, it's speculative to say so.
sjchmura's Avatar sjchmura
06:03 PM Liked: 13
post #254 of 270
03-28-2012 | Posts: 1,767
Joined: Jan 2002
80" 844 sounds like the one to get. Full array backlight and true 240 panel (to 480), QuadPixel2... should be stunning. Already shipping..... 5k? Not bad
TagsDad's Avatar TagsDad
08:12 AM Liked: 10
post #255 of 270
03-29-2012 | Posts: 29
Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

The 847 is a 2012 model. It should be better, but absent some actual observations and tests, it's speculative to say so.

But does the 847's edge-lit screen with the new QPP2 outshine the 735's full array? I suppose we'll have to wait for the reviews to come in.

If it is not vaporware, then I suppose I can hold off for the 70" 945 with full array and local dimming, if it comes to that. My old 46" XBR2 is looking so small and old though...

--John
maximuslcd's Avatar maximuslcd
12:50 PM Liked: 10
post #256 of 270
03-29-2012 | Posts: 1,934
Joined: Jan 2007
Great informative thread, was looking at the 2012 sammy's to replace my sharp, but now looking at the 60" 2012 sharp. looks impressive.

Any dates on the 60le945?
rogo's Avatar rogo
01:44 PM Liked: 634
post #257 of 270
03-29-2012 | Posts: 30,410
Joined: Dec 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsDad View Post

But does the 847's edge-lit screen with the new QPP2 outshine the 735's full array? I suppose we'll have to wait for the reviews to come in.

Yeah, I can't answer that, except to say that the 735's uniformity wasn't totally amazing, despite it being full array. I have no idea if the new edge-lit Sharp's deliver excellent uniformity however.
Quote:


If it is not vaporware, then I suppose I can hold off for the 70" 945 with full array and local dimming, if it comes to that. My old 46" XBR2 is looking so small and old though...

I guess we'll see if the vapor condenses or floats away within a few months. I'm not optimistic.
GlocksRock's Avatar GlocksRock
09:11 AM Liked: 10
post #258 of 270
04-05-2012 | Posts: 135
Joined: Oct 2005
Anyone have any word yet on how the 2012 edge lit models compare to the 2011 full backlit models? The edge lit vs full backlit thing is the only real issue I have right now. If I'm spending that much on a tv, it needs to be just right. I could hold off till next year if need be in hopes that Sharp will go back to full backlit models, but I'm not holding my breath.
Fastslappy's Avatar Fastslappy
09:20 AM Liked: 753
post #259 of 270
04-05-2012 | Posts: 6,775
Joined: Sep 2008
check out the 745 thread there are some reports about PQ there ..

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1397137&page=3
TagsDad's Avatar TagsDad
06:15 PM Liked: 10
post #260 of 270
04-08-2012 | Posts: 29
Joined: Mar 2012
So hhgregg has 15% off the 60" 847 which is on sale $2199. So that's about $1870. Good deal? Worth it or should I wait for the mythical 945 this summer?

John
portony's Avatar portony
04:28 AM Liked: 10
post #261 of 270
04-26-2012 | Posts: 82
Joined: Oct 2010
Hello,
I have a simple question but maybe there is not a simple answer. Is the 70" 945 model still scheduled for release in June?

Thank you,
Tony
Fastslappy's Avatar Fastslappy
06:04 AM Liked: 753
post #262 of 270
04-26-2012 | Posts: 6,775
Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by portony View Post

Hello,
I have a simple question but maybe there is not a simple answer. Is the 70" 945 model still scheduled for release in June?

Thank you,
Tony

see this thread , it seems It Might Be !
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1397136&page=2
billlh's Avatar billlh
02:36 PM Liked: 11
post #263 of 270
05-08-2012 | Posts: 193
Joined: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum801 View Post

I think they'll release it later this year , most likely end of summer right before football season , Around same time they'll probably announce the 2012 elite series

I'm sorry to say I won't be getting any of them , my 60" sxrd is pretty much kaput ( green haze ) Sony is offering me a 55" 2012 model for less than 1k , wife making me take the offer ( insert smiley face with ball and chain and whip here ) lol , best of luck to all of you with your new sets !

Ok Jack,

Give Shelley our best
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma
08:50 PM Liked: 692
post #264 of 270
05-10-2012 | Posts: 12,416
Joined: Jun 2005
My one network pulled The 945U models off there Sharp Price sheet. I hope its just a glitch.

My other Sharp guy just confirmed a release of the 90" Sharp mid June. Inventory will be tight I was told and the MSRP will be $10K .
Fastslappy's Avatar Fastslappy
08:59 PM Liked: 753
post #265 of 270
05-10-2012 | Posts: 6,775
Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

My one network pulled The 945U models off there Sharp Price sheet. I hope its just a glitch.

My other Sharp guy just confirmed a release of the 90" Sharp mid June. Inventory will be tight I was told and the MSRP will be $10K .

I'll start saving my pennies now ,,,
Any word if it's gonna be a Elite ,seems to be a Elite price ... L O L ....
Suzook's Avatar Suzook
09:28 PM Liked: 27
post #266 of 270
05-10-2012 | Posts: 5,483
Joined: Jun 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

My one network pulled The 945U models off there Sharp Price sheet. I hope its just a glitch.

My other Sharp guy just confirmed a release of the 90" Sharp mid June. Inventory will be tight I was told and the MSRP will be $10K .

4k premium for ten inches. Boo on sharp
Suzook's Avatar Suzook
09:30 PM Liked: 27
post #267 of 270
05-10-2012 | Posts: 5,483
Joined: Jun 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post


I'll start saving my pennies now ,,,
Any word if it's gonna be a Elite ,seems to be a Elite price ... L O L ....

No way. Its already been stated that even an 80 might be a stretch and at 10k plus. The model just doesn't likely justify it.
Fastslappy's Avatar Fastslappy
09:56 PM Liked: 753
post #268 of 270
05-10-2012 | Posts: 6,775
Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

No way. Its already been stated that even an 80 might be a stretch and at 10k plus. The model just doesn't likely justify it.

Hey don't Dash My Dreams will Ya ?!?!
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON
10:10 PM Liked: 560
post #269 of 270
05-10-2012 | Posts: 9,485
Joined: Mar 2007
I'll stick with my 70" if the 90" is 10k.

I'll give you a call if I win the lotto, but until then...
Suzook's Avatar Suzook
05:11 AM Liked: 27
post #270 of 270
05-11-2012 | Posts: 5,483
Joined: Jun 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post


Hey don't Dash My Dreams will Ya ?!?!

No my good friend I am just hoping you can buy me one as well :-)

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3