Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

What a shame for all those poor people that had to suffer with 3-D at the theaters instead of the "amazing" in-home experience. It was at least a 10:1 ratio of experiencing that inferior passive last year and it will likely repeat this year -- especially with several mfrs. committed to passive in home.

You cannot compare the experience of passive 3D in the theater to passive 3D in the home. The difference in resolution alone is incredible. The loss of resolution, by half, in the home has a substantial effect on PQ. There isn't a single passive 3D display that can compete with the best active 3D displays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 01-16-2012, 11:02 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

You cannot compare the experience of passive 3D in the theater to passive 3D in the home. The difference in resolution alone is incredible. The loss of resolution, by half, in the home has a substantial effect on PQ. There isn't a single passive 3D display that can compete with the best active 3D displays.

I hear ya, but the 3D on my st30 just doesn't do much for me. Sure, the resolution is higher, but to my eyes I want a dynamic 3D, and without eye strain. Active 3D not only causes me bad eye strain, but it also doesn't excite my senses the way the LG passive did. And, to be honest, I really didn't notice the lack of resolution because the 3D was soooo good.

When is a company finally going to make the perfect tv, lol!
post #33 of 34 Old 01-19-2012, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

I owned the 65" Vizio passive 3D panel for a while and got to compare it with my friends 65" Panasonic active 3d panel,,,,, I noticed almost no loss of resolution with passive,,,, and Im not the only one to have that opinion.

Both passive and active have their pros and cons,,,, for me active gives me eye strain and a massive headache if I watch active for an extended amount of time,,, Im also not the only one that suffers from eye strain and headaches when watching active.

Headaches and eyestrain aside,,, I happen to like passive 3D more than active, to me it looks better and a hell of alot brighter.

Im sure you love acitve 3D because that what you own, glad your happy with it,,,, but active is not for everyone.

Passive and active can both produce a very good 3D image,,, I dont slam active because it does not work for me, I realize and know they both have a place,,,,,, why are you being so one sided and slamming passive 3D ?

Your comment that passive cannot compete with active is rediculous to say the least.

Cheers
Davyo
post #34 of 34 Old 01-19-2012, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I'm on my 2nd 3D active PDP. However, I'm switching to passive once LG releases their 4k 3D set. With the bump in resolution on that set it will be "all's quiet on the western front" as far as the resolution controversy. The only problem I had with active is the lower level of brightness and Samsung not releasing a larger screen for 2012.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page