Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

How about a sound bar !
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_022YAS101/Yamaha-YAS-101.html?tp=47366
Later , smile.gif
G. 

I think the Sony 550 would be a better buy...it has HDMI and DTS Master HD/Dobly TrueHD decoding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 284 Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is a good tv the et5 in 32 for pc games? is sharp the image as a monitor or wil be better a 27" monitor for pc games? The price is similar and i will have 5" more.
post #273 of 284 Old 11-20-2012, 03:15 PM

I didn't like the ET5 for 3D gaming at all due to terrible xtalk/ghosting. The panel is far too reflective, the off angle viewing even by a few degrees is very poor, there was bad backlight bleed and banding too.
That was the larger set (55") so don't know if all the same issues will apply to the smaller set but the 3D xtalk will definitely due to the passive technology.

Regarding screen size for gaming, I would go as big as you can afford and just sit back a bit.
I have been gaming on a 40" for the last 6 years as it was my main pc monitor.
Got the 55" panny to replace that, but due to all the issues that had I sent it back and am awaiting a refund at present.

Will be getting the optoma HD33 to replace that and a 100" screen.

The bigger the better, especially for 3D.
post #274 of 284 Old 11-21-2012, 06:12 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusarilliuS View Post

I didn't like the ET5 for 3D gaming at all due to terrible xtalk/ghosting. The panel is far too reflective, the off angle viewing even by a few degrees is very poor, there was bad backlight bleed and banding too.
That was the larger set (55") so don't know if all the same issues will apply to the smaller set but the 3D xtalk will definitely due to the passive technology..

Sorry, I've got to strongly disagree with you there. Earlier this year I went through two 55" Panny plasmas and the ET5 and the passive 3D on the ET5 had far less crosstalk than the active 3D models. In fact, there was hardly any crosstalk at all, as is the case with most passive 3D. Is there any chance you are watching the TV from a vertical angle? The passive 3D only really works if you are on the same vertical level as the set but the horizontal angles were great. Otherwise I would say that you must have gotten a bad set. There IS banding on this model but I only saw it on bright, glowy things in game mode so it wasn't a big deal to me. I returned the set due to uneven backlight issues but the 3D was great.
post #275 of 284 Old 11-21-2012, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by izotz View Post

Is a good tv the et5 in 32 for pc games? is sharp the image as a monitor or wil be better a 27" monitor for pc games? The price is similar and i will have 5" more.

You've probably already tried this, but in case you haven't, here's my out-of-date take on this.

I'm guessing that a gaming forum will yield critical information that might not be quite as common here. The only reason I mention this is that back when I was playing Unreal Tournament 99/2k4 (the top first person shooters of the day) the forums of the gaming clans had tons of information about the peculiarities of every single LCD model.

True, back then, things weren't anywhere near what they are now even for monitors, (video tear was horrrrrrible for example without paying uber-$$), but the gaming folks are severely critical. We had to be: given the hours of unblinking terror in our eyes it's easy to utterly hate the slightest thing wrong. Remember, when you're watching a TV you're relaxed. When you are playing a game you are hyper alert and need all your senses on hyper-drive.

ALL that hooey adide, the thing I'd point out is this...from the deeply immersed gaming crowd that I'm still in touch with it still seems that if what you want is a gaming display, then get a computer monitor. The differences are quickly vanishing but according to them, still pronounced.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #276 of 284 Old 11-21-2012, 03:45 PM

Were you just watching movies, or doing any gaming? It works alright for movies, but for gaming it is not fit for purpose.

The angle was perfect for viewing it. Made no difference. Also even the slightest horizontal deviation form completely straight on and the colour saturation starts to wash out.

Overall, not impressed at all.

Most passives do exhibit xtalk/ghosting. The only tech available today that doesn't is DLP projectors with active glasses.
post #277 of 284 Old 11-24-2012, 05:28 PM

I'm having the same problem. Did you get an answer to this?
post #278 of 284 Old 11-25-2012, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbryant23 View Post

I'm having the same problem. Did you get an answer to this?

You mean the ghosting?

Yea, I got rid of it smile.gif

Waiting for a refund and going to get an Optoma HD33 with 100" screen instead, as DLP is the only tech at present which gives you zero xtalk. It's also cheaper than the ET5.
post #279 of 284 Old 12-08-2012, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just watched Battleship Blue-ray last night, the first Blur-ray movie to be played on my 47WT50, and I absolutely love the performance of Cinema Mode.
post #280 of 284 Old 12-08-2012, 12:24 PM

I have a tc-l42u5 i recently purchased with a problem, I think, which is the usb port doesn't seem to detect anything. Usb flash drives, mobile phones, etc...
What to do?
post #281 of 284 Old 12-24-2012, 10:57 AM

Hi guys, I just purchased a TC-L42E5 and i was wondering if any one had calibration settings for it? Cant find any on the site.
post #282 of 284 Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
I just got the TC-L55ET5 today. Exchanged a 55UT50 plasma for it through Amazon. I had the plasma for a couple weeks but couldn't live with the buzz that I could hear 10+ feet away over dialogue in bright scenes (a tech came and changed out screws--didn't help) and was starting to get annoyed by IR from games and ESPN. Amazon was sold out of the UT50 so trying another wasn't an option, and I was pretty sure Plasma just wasn't for me since I have a brighter room, watch hours of ESPN and play a decent amount of games.

After a few hours (TV was delivered around 10am) with the new set, I'm very happy with it. Completly silent, not buzz at all. Picture is awesome. Blacks and motion aren't as good as on the plasma a expected, but colors pop much more, the set is much better with my blinds open (though I still wish the screen wasn't glossy) and the 3D is surprisingly clearer. I expected the 3D to be worse being passive vs. active. But it looks better to my eyes (less double image/blurring of things far forward in the field). And I love not having to mess with batteries, turning glasses on etc. Picture uniformity seems solid, minimal light bleed in the corners as best I can tell. I'll preface all that by saying I"m not a videophile type and won't spend much time looking for problems.

I tuned the picture settings using the Disney WoW disc, and this is what I came out with.

Picture Mode: Cinema
Back Light: 25 (just left that where it was)
Contrast: 97
Brightness: 57
Color: 78
Tint: +2
Sharpness: 25 (didn't seem to make any difference to me turning it up or down (everything is hooked up via HDMI through my Denon 1312 receiver) so just put it at 25 fairly randomly
Color Temp: Warm
Color mgmt: off
A.I. picture: off
C.A.T.S. Off
Video NR: Off

Aspect Adjustments: Use Size 2 so you aren't losing 5% of picture with overscan in Size 1

HDMI Settings: Content type=Graphics

Advanced Picture:

Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off
Motion Picture Setting: Off
Black level: light

I'm using those for 2D and 3D now (have to set 3D seperate--display 3D content then go into the picture menu)--both look great to me. The glasses don't seem to darken the picture much in 3D, unlike on the plasma where I had to bump contrast some for 3D.
post #283 of 284 Old 04-06-2013, 08:32 AM

Settings of 42ET50 shows contrast at 240+ in service menu.

Seems messed it up.

Can any one please share share settings from service menu ...Please guys... share the settings...
post #284 of 284 Old 04-06-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusarilliuS View Post

Most passives do exhibit xtalk/ghosting.

Completely disagree. One of the few things that LG *did* manage to get right was having far less cross-talk than any active demo I had ever seen. You *do* get a bit of limitation in vertical FOV, but (for example) the 55LM7600 had me underneath it trying to get it to fail and I couldn't easily. The problem is with having the filter at a different plane than the LCD array elements. This runs the risk of having the filter affecting the wrong scanline if you move up or down.

Actives (all the demos I saw) exhibited a slight sync problem that was detectable and causes a different kind of crosstalk no less annoying. If the shutter is open ever so slightly off (and this isn't hard to do----I'm guessing this is especially so if they're attempting this at the same time they're attempting a pulse technology) it'll bleed L/R frames into R/L eyes.

Most of the people I know against passive have not seen LG's latest versions of it.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc L55wt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc L55dt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc L55e50 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page