Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 284 Old 05-13-2012, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisrdsx View Post

i got mine from best buy open box for $609..

Attachment 246497
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 284 Old 05-14-2012, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisrdsx View Post

I got mine from best buy open box for $609..

Curious about the exact model. What did you get?
post #153 of 284 Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100/40 View Post

Curious about the exact model. What did you get?

panasonic 42e50
post #154 of 284 Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 AM

Has Anybody with A Panasonic l42E5 dlp led been having a fluctuating brightness problem (best way I can describe it) When Im playing a game and say Im scrolling through a item menu. When I move to certain items on the menu the picture gets brighter and then when I scroll down or up to another item it goes back to normal. This happens more with blue backgrounds or there just easier to notice. I see it most with a game call tales of graces

The same thing happens when watching cable and say a bottom bar with a person names comes on the screen the picture will get brighter and as soon as the name is gone it goes back to normal.

Now I have found a few ways to help this problem like switching black level to dark and Cinema mode seems to help but I have not tested it enough yet

So I am wondering If anyone elses Panny E5 have these problems since I am still in my 30 day return window
post #155 of 284 Old 05-15-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I've been browsing for a new 42 in and came across the Sears site and they have the TC-L42U5 . Checed both sears and Panny's tech specs and no mention of the IPS Alpha screen. the IPS panal makes ,at least IMHO, Panasonice among the best LCD pictures on the market.
Haven't had a chance to check it out in person yet. Has anyone viewed this model or have any experience with it?
post #156 of 284 Old 05-19-2012, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
So, just picked up the L47E50 from Amazon. So far, I'm liking it quite a lot. Two questions for any other owners:

(1) How do you get the red power indicator light to not turn on? It's on all the time when the TV is powered on, which gets incredibly annoying.

(2) Any good settings? The last TV I bought was back in 2008 and it took me quite a while to get satisfied with the settings. Would rather do it more quickly this time :-P. I've got it set to Game Mode to turn off all post-image processing and went from there (Warm, etc.).
post #157 of 284 Old 05-19-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridneptune View Post

So, just picked up the L47E50 from Amazon. So far, I'm liking it quite a lot. Two questions for any other owners:

(1) How do you get the red power indicator light to not turn on? It's on all the time when the TV is powered on, which gets incredibly annoying.

(2) Any good settings? The last TV I bought was back in 2008 and it took me quite a while to get satisfied with the settings. Would rather do it more quickly this time :-P. I've got it set to Game Mode to turn off all post-image processing and went from there (Warm, etc.).

Unfortunately it's not possible to turn of the red indicator. It's probably the only problem I have with the tv but one I can live with. Maybe putting tape over it?

You can look in page 5 of this thread for my settings. Hopefully they'll help you out.
post #158 of 284 Old 05-19-2012, 11:47 AM

Yeah, I'm going to stop by the hardware store and pick up some electrical tape. Can just cut out a little square and put it over the red light - just rather annoying.

I did use your settings, but upped the contrast and brightness a little bit. It's satisfactory - I'm still a bit shell-shocked at the DPI loss from my old 32-inch TV (it was 1080 as well). I really enjoy the iPhone remote, though it's not terribly useful.

One thing I did find is rather annoying gaming lag and audio delay if not using Game Mode. I have my inputs routed through my soundbar / HDMI switch and there is a distinct delay between sound and video if Game Mode is off. I don't mind keeping it on, but do you know if there's any substantive difference between it and Cinema? I can still change every setting (bar the post-processing settings) in Game Mode.

Another quick question - do you know if the TV supports 5.1 passthrough via HDMI and / or Optical out? I know HDMI 1.4 supports audio return channel and that the TV supports it, but I'm not sure about my receiver. I'm using an old Sony HT-CT100 soundbar with my inputs hooked up through its HDMI inputs - so it's serving as an HDMI switch as well as a sound device. I'd like to be able to use the soundbar to receive audio through the same cable.
post #159 of 284 Old 05-19-2012, 07:50 PM

Hi everybody. I am from Venezuela. I just bought a ET5 model, and i think this is an awesome tv. Just wanted to know if you have the amazon instant video app installed or you got it in the market, because i cant find it, though in the panasonic and amazon website says this model is compatible with the app.

I got amazon prime, so i was hoping to watch some movies through this app, but it seems panasonic removed it.
post #160 of 284 Old 05-20-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloseduardo View Post

Hi everybody. I am from Venezuela. I just bought a ET5 model, and i think this is an awesome tv. Just wanted to know if you have the amazon instant video app installed or you got it in the market, because i cant find it, though in the panasonic and amazon website says this model is compatible with the app.

I got amazon prime, so i was hoping to watch some movies through this app, but it seems panasonic removed it.

Hi - i am looking to purchase this TV also - would you be able to tell me more about it - Picture - Blacks - watching 3D - day time and night time
anything you can - would be great

thank you
post #161 of 284 Old 05-20-2012, 09:21 AM

Alright, going to return the E50. It's a very nice-looking set with decently accurate color reproduction and pretty deep blacks. However, there's minor but noticeable banding on my set. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to find an LCD / LED that can satisfy me right now. Going to maybe try Plasma at some sale or wait for OLED.
post #162 of 284 Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridneptune View Post

Yeah, I'm going to stop by the hardware store and pick up some electrical tape. Can just cut out a little square and put it over the red light - just rather annoying.

I did use your settings, but upped the contrast and brightness a little bit. It's satisfactory - I'm still a bit shell-shocked at the DPI loss from my old 32-inch TV (it was 1080 as well). I really enjoy the iPhone remote, though it's not terribly useful.

One thing I did find is rather annoying gaming lag and audio delay if not using Game Mode. I have my inputs routed through my soundbar / HDMI switch and there is a distinct delay between sound and video if Game Mode is off. I don't mind keeping it on, but do you know if there's any substantive difference between it and Cinema? I can still change every setting (bar the post-processing settings) in Game Mode.

Another quick question - do you know if the TV supports 5.1 passthrough via HDMI and / or Optical out? I know HDMI 1.4 supports audio return channel and that the TV supports it, but I'm not sure about my receiver. I'm using an old Sony HT-CT100 soundbar with my inputs hooked up through its HDMI inputs - so it's serving as an HDMI switch as well as a sound device. I'd like to be able to use the soundbar to receive audio through the same cable.

Sounds like the lag is coming from your sound bar and possibly your HDMI cables. The ARC function is only needed when you don't have an optical cable. I'd suggest and optical cable which is what I use and I see no such lag, works great. The 5.1 depends on the source of the sound. Sound bars however are 2 channel so 5.1 is really not an option even if available. They try do duplicate a 5.1 sound with a 2.1 if that makes sense. If you need cables just go to Monoprice.com, they'll have any cables you need. Dont be fooled by the high prices at retail stores, cables shouldn't be that expensive.
post #163 of 284 Old 05-26-2012, 06:03 PM

I have HDMI going from a Cisco Explorer 8640HDC cable box to a Panasonic TC-L37E5. Audio out on the Explorer is set to Dolby Digital, which is supposed to send 5.1 to HDMI and optical out.

For typical viewing, I turn off the TV speakers, don't connect an audio out of the TV, and run an optical connection from the Explorer to my receiver, which produces 5.1 audio.

The Panny has Netflix and Amazon apps built in, and I want to take advantage of the 5.1 sound in those streams. But if I run an optical audio cable from the TV to the receiver, and not from the Explorer to the receiver, I only get 2-channel sound, whether I'm streaming something or watching regular TV.

Is it possible this Panasonic TV does not pass through 5.1 via optical digital audio? Or is more likely that the HDMI from the Explorer isn't sending 5.1 to the TV to begin with? Or could it be something else?
post #164 of 284 Old 05-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Just got it today. Much better colors than the Samsung close by, much more natural skin tones, no blue shift. Been watching HD feeds on DirecTV and its great.

Anyone else???

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post

I've been browsing for a new 42 in and came across the Sears site and they have the TC-L42U5 . Checed both sears and Panny's tech specs and no mention of the IPS Alpha screen. the IPS panal makes ,at least IMHO, Panasonice among the best LCD pictures on the market.
Haven't had a chance to check it out in person yet. Has anyone viewed this model or have any experience with it?

post #165 of 284 Old 05-30-2012, 06:03 PM
esj

any comments on the pana TC-L55ET5 as far as likes,issues,was looking to purchase one soon and want feedback please
post #166 of 284 Old 05-30-2012, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post

The U5 (and smaller C5) do not use an IPS Alpha panel. It seems that this year Panasonic is outsourcing their CCFL models to another manufacturer. These models also lack an SD Card slot and replace the optical audio out with a digital coaxial.

ht Panasonic 60" ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Radius 90HD; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Sony KDL-32W650A, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Marantz PM8004, JVC T-X3 tuner, Monitor Audio Silver RX1, REL T3, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT, Sennheiser HD598
lr Panasonic 50" ST60, Sony BDP-S5100, Apple TV
pc Energy CB-5, Audioengine D1, FiiO A1
post #167 of 284 Old 05-31-2012, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Has anyone tried the new 47" WT50 > link :

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-L47WT50

If so please post , thanks.

G. 
post #168 of 284 Old 06-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I have a question on the Netflix app on these Panasonic Smart Vera TVs:

Does the Netflix have a SEARCH (and add movies to queue) feature?
Does the Netflix app have a SUB TITLE feature?

Thanks.
post #169 of 284 Old 06-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

The U5 (and smaller C5) do not use an IPS Alpha panel. It seems that this year Panasonic is outsourcing their CCFL models to another manufacturer. These models also lack an SD Card slot and replace the optical audio out with a digital coaxial.

Been using this one for a week and this is probably the best quality budget TV you could get.

I don't need 3d, the Blu-ray player (also a Panny) handles the streaming capability, and the playback of the various input streams is very good. Can't tell the difference between 120HZ and this unit 60hz.
post #170 of 284 Old 06-04-2012, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

that's ashame, I first ended uip getting the Samsung LNE550 but just couldn't get the skin tones under control and consistant and it had horrible off angles. but blacks were fairly deep for this range.

I went to best buy and they had this Panasonic on display along with all the other major brands 40-42 budget lines LG, Sony, Samsung, Toshiba.
Dead on the Panasoic 42 looked among the better ones but the LG did have the very wide viewing angle. It does appear, from other threads , that they do use the IPS panal. I swapped out my Samsung and got the LG., it does have very wide viewing angles.

Too bad about the Panasonic outsourcing their smaller units now. We got my inlaws a 32 Panasonic for Christmas and that does have the IPS Alpha, and I have to tell you that has one of the best picture qualities on any HDTV I've seen. Colors are rich and deep, blacks are solid and viewing angles are among the best in the business.

i would say if anyone looking for an non LED Panasonic, look for the IPS panal, you won't be dissapointed.
post #171 of 284 Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM

I finally found some time to calibrate my new TC-L55E50 using a Spyder3 colorimeter and dispcal + Argyll CMS. The source I used is a circa-2007 Core Duo Mac mini I use as an HTPC with XBMC. XBMC translates everything to sRGB, so I targeted that with a white level of 100cd/m2, partly because I found 120 a bit too bright and 90 a bit too dark, but mostly because I found it was the sweet spot on my set for getting the best contrast.

My baseline was Cinema mode with color temp set to Warm. Normal was way off from sRGB, so if you use XBMC, don't choose that. Not sure what anyone would use Cool for..

The default settings for Cinema mode were not as bad as I expected: deltaE of 2.9, gamma of 2.13, and black level of 0.19cd/m2. Not fantastic, but not unwatchable or anything.

I first set out to try to dial the color in a bit better. I found that cranking Brightness to 65+ stabilized the color, but at the expense of the already-poor contrast ratio (black level of 0.21) and gamma (measured 2.0), which was expected. For some reason the red gain is low and slightly unstable until brightness is set at 65 or greater.

So I dialed Brightness back ten points below the default to 40 and pushed the Backlight to 29. dispcal reported the best contrast ratio with these settings. I set Color to 70 and left Tint alone (eyeballed them first to get in the ballpark). Preliminary measurements looked good, so I fired off the calibration and got these results:

sRGB coverage: 97.1% (excellent!!)
Black level = 0.15 cd/m^2
White level = 95.93 cd/m^2
Aprox. gamma = 2.19
Contrast ratio = 654:1
White chromaticity coordinates 0.3121, 0.3286
White Correlated Color Temperature = 6538K, DE 2K to locus = 4.7
White Correlated Daylight Temperature = 6538K, DE 2K to locus = 0.1
White Visual Color Temperature = 6367K, DE 2K to locus = 4.5
White Visual Daylight Temperature = 6534K, DE 2K to locus = 0.1

I'm pleased with these results. It doesn't have the greatest black levels and color isn't as stable as I'd like, but for a $1200 55" TV I'm very happy.

Here are my final settings for the Mac mini if anyone wants to use them as a starting point:

Picture Mode = Cinema
Backlight = +29
Contrast = +95
Brightness = +40
Color = +70
Tint = 0
Sharpness = +25 (probably should be 0, but it looked too soft to my eye)
Color Temp = Warm
Color mgmt = Off
A.I. Picture* = Off
C.A.T.S. = Off
Video NR = Off
Mosquito NR = Off
Motion Picture Setting = Weak (personal preference)
Black Level = Light
HDMI Range = Nonstandard (needed for PC sources)

And I calibrated my PS3 by eye using the AVSHD patterns. The PS3 color range was set to Limited:

Picture Mode = Game
Backlight = +30
Contrast = +90
Brightness = +54
Color = +64
Tint = 5
Color Temp = Warm
Color mgmt = Off
A.I. Picture* = Off
C.A.T.S. = Off
Video NR = Off
Mosquito NR = Off
Black Level = Light
HDMI Range = Auto

* As an aside, I really wanted to like A.I. Picture (it definitely does help black levels), but turned it off in the end for a couple of reasons. The big issue is that it would be hard to calibrate properly, but secondarily, it just reacts too slowly, taking almost a half second or so to adjust between very bright and very dark scene changes. It also seemed to get really confused on animated material, pulsing widly on some scenes. Most of the time it's OK, so it's obviously a personal preference (better black levels a lot of the time vs occasional wonky backlight behavior).
post #172 of 284 Old 06-11-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingai View Post

I finally found some time to calibrate my new TC-L55E50 using a Spyder3 colorimeter and dispcal + Argyll CMS. The source I used is a circa-2007 Core Duo Mac mini I use as an HTPC with XBMC. XBMC translates everything to sRGB, so I targeted that with a white level of 100cd/m2, partly because I found 120 a bit too bright and 90 a bit too dark, but mostly because I found it was the sweet spot on my set for getting the best contrast.
My baseline was Cinema mode with color temp set to Warm. Normal was way off from sRGB, so if you use XBMC, don't choose that. Not sure what anyone would use Cool for..
The default settings for Cinema mode were not as bad as I expected: deltaE of 2.9, gamma of 2.13, and black level of 0.19cd/m2. Not fantastic, but not unwatchable or anything.
I first set out to try to dial the color in a bit better. I found that cranking Brightness to 65+ stabilized the color, but at the expense of the already-poor contrast ratio (black level of 0.21) and gamma (measured 2.0), which was expected. For some reason the red gain is low and slightly unstable until brightness is set at 65 or greater.
So I dialed Brightness back ten points below the default to 40 and pushed the Backlight to 29. dispcal reported the best contrast ratio with these settings. I set Color to 70 and left Tint alone (eyeballed them first to get in the ballpark). Preliminary measurements looked good, so I fired off the calibration and got these results:
sRGB coverage: 97.1% (excellent!!)
Black level = 0.15 cd/m^2
White level = 95.93 cd/m^2
Aprox. gamma = 2.19
Contrast ratio = 654:1
White chromaticity coordinates 0.3121, 0.3286
White Correlated Color Temperature = 6538K, DE 2K to locus = 4.7
White Correlated Daylight Temperature = 6538K, DE 2K to locus = 0.1
White Visual Color Temperature = 6367K, DE 2K to locus = 4.5
White Visual Daylight Temperature = 6534K, DE 2K to locus = 0.1
I'm pleased with these results. It doesn't have the greatest black levels and color isn't as stable as I'd like, but for a $1200 55" TV I'm very happy.
Here are my final settings for the Mac mini if anyone wants to use them as a starting point:
Picture Mode = Cinema
Backlight = +29
Contrast = +95
Brightness = +40
Color = +70
Tint = 0
Color Temp = Warm
Color mgmt = Off
A.I. Picture* = Off
C.A.T.S. = Off
Video NR = Off
Mosquito NR = Off
Black Level = Light
HDMI Range = Nonstandard (needed for PC sources)
And I calibrated my PS3 by eye using the AVSHD patterns. The PS3 color range was set to Limited:
Picture Mode = Game
Backlight = +30
Contrast = +90
Brightness = +54
Color = +64
Tint = 5
Color Temp = Warm
Color mgmt = Off
A.I. Picture* = Off
C.A.T.S. = Off
Video NR = Off
Mosquito NR = Off
Black Level = Light
HDMI Range = Auto
* As an aside, I really wanted to like A.I. Picture (it definitely does help black levels), but turned it off in the end for a couple of reasons. The big issue is that it would be hard to calibrate properly, but secondarily, it just reacts too slowly, taking almost a half second or so to adjust between very bright and very dark scene changes. It also seemed to get really confused on animated material, pulsing widly on some scenes. Most of the time it's OK, so it's obviously a personal preference (better black levels a lot of the time vs occasional wonky backlight behavior).

So does this 55" version have an IPS panel? How is the viewing angle? Also does if have the soap opera effect (SOE)? If so can it be eliminated? I'm coming from a plasma and I don't like the SOE. Also how glossy is the screen?

Thanks,

-Guru
post #173 of 284 Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingai View Post

I finally found some time to calibrate my new TC-L55E50 using a Spyder3 colorimeter and dispcal + Argyll CMS.
Picture Mode = Cinema
Backlight = +29
Contrast = +95
Brightness = +40
Color = +70
Tint = 0
Color Temp = Warm
Color mgmt = Off
A.I. Picture* = Off
C.A.T.S. = Off
Video NR = Off
Mosquito NR = Off
Black Level = Light

Out of curiosity I entered your MacMini settings for the onboard Netflix App, alot of detail was obscured and the picture seemed too dark. Wood had a fake look to it.

I have the 42E50.

Here is how I have my Netflix App dialed in just using my personal preference prior to testing your setting.

Picture Mode = cinema
Backlight = +100
Contrast = +95
Brightness = +50
Color = +50
Tint = 0
Sharpness = +50
Color Temp = normal
Color mgmt = on
A.I. Picture* = on
C.A.T.S. = off
Video NR = auto
Mosquito NR = off
block nr auto
Motion Picture Setting = strong (Haven't noticed Soap Opera Effect with Netflix - I think it is disabled no matter the setting for Netflix app)

Black Level = Light

I used Dog Day Afternoon as my Netflix source material when testing your settings.

The AI picture goes wonky when white credits are displayed over a black background and when the white text dissolves to a completely black screen, AI picture dims the whole screen, other than that I hadn't noticed AI picture doing it's job.
post #174 of 284 Old 06-11-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListedGuru View Post

So does this 55" version have an IPS panel? How is the viewing angle?

Yes, and it is amazing. Contrast drops as you go wider, but it's visible from any reasonable angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ListedGuru 
Also does if have the soap opera effect (SOE)? If so can it be eliminated?

Yes, if you set it to Medium or Strong. Weak, however, is actually quite good to my eyes, and I'm pretty annoyed by the SOE too. But if it still bothers you, you can turn it off completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ListedGuru 
Also how glossy is the screen?

Very. My 3 year old's first comment regarding the new TV was that we "bought a really big mirror!"

So you do want to keep control of lighting when watching it.

-j
post #175 of 284 Old 06-11-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRONTY View Post

Out of curiosity I entered your MacMini settings for the onboard Netflix App, alot of detail was obscured and the picture seemed too dark. Wood had a fake look to it.

Remember the Mac mini outputs full-range RGB. You do not want to use my Mac mini settings on anything other than computer source or some other device that also outputs RGB. Even then, my settings likely won't be perfect for you, but it might be a good starting point.

You could try my PS3 settings for the built-in apps if you want. That might be closer to "correct".
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRONTY 
I have the 42E50.
Here is how I have my Netflix App dialed in just using my personal preference prior to testing your setting.

Your settings will produce a very, very bright picture with really poor black levels. Obviously, if you like it, keep it, but just letting you know.

I personally use Custom and some reasonable settings (to my eye) for the built-in stuff. I'm not too worried about getting it perfect, plus I'm not sure how I'd even calibrate it. I suppose I could use DLNA to play the AVSHD test patterns, but I'm just not sure I'll bother with it.

I'd at least back down the Backlight and Sharpness if I were you. I'd also disable Color mgmt (it just over saturates everything). I don't know if the Motion Picture Setting does anything for the built-in apps because they probably are all 30fps anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRONTY 
The AI picture goes wonky when white credits are displayed over a black background and when the white text dissolves to a completely black screen, AI picture dims the whole screen, other than that I hadn't noticed AI picture doing it's job.

You might notice it less because you've got your backlight pushed way bright. Your blacks are going to be pretty awful regardless of what AI Picture does, I'd think.

Like I said, I like what AI Picture does when it works well, but it's not as responsive as I'd like at times. And the wonky pulsing with animated material is really, really annoying.

-j
post #176 of 284 Old 06-11-2012, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I know I have asked this before , but does anyone have the 47" WT50 ?

I sure would like a personal review / opinion smile.gif

Many thanks , later !

G. 
post #177 of 284 Old 06-11-2012, 04:49 PM

post #178 of 284 Old 06-12-2012, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey Donke, Thanks for the link , I only wish I could have a chance to get a review from someone whom has purchased a US model.

But still good info , I thought the stand was metal , instead they mention plastic eek.gif , I`m with them in thinking Panasonic should have gone with a metal stand.
The design is fine but plastic ???? I don`t know , I would sure like to see one in person.

A stand and how it looks is important because I won`t be wall mounting it , just placing it on my tv stand.

O__well , I suppose maybe someone ( store like BB / Magnolia ) might have one in a few months rolleyes.gif

Take care , smile.gif

Me 
post #179 of 284 Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
So not many ET5 series owners yet, eh? I keep searching the web for more info on the ET5 series...but so far not having much luck frown.gif
post #180 of 284 Old 06-12-2012, 09:27 AM

Ok, it's only been 3 days, but the Panasonic TC L47E50 is great so far. More detail later. it tunes in a lot more HD channels off the antenna. Screen is more reflective than 2 year old matte-screen Vizio but with the ISP panel, I can sit off center, to avoid window reflection. I did measure it's reflectivity next to LG6200 and Samsung LEDs, and it was LESS reflective than those. I'll post the measuring tool in a separate post tomorrow.

Special Kudos to Adorama for fast shipping. Great price and GREAT packaging. The Panasonic box and styrofoam is NOT great, but Adorama put the whole thing in a larger box with solid foam padding at each corner. Despite this special packaging, the internal Panasonic styrofoam cracked, and the box split open at the bottom when we tried to lift the box out of the Adorama box.

TC L47E50 is mounted to a Monoprice full - articulating, somewhat stiff-flexing wall mount. This thin TV is surprisingly flexible (where the thicker Vizio was rigid). Pushing inward on left and right bezels to get the wall mount to collapse into the cabinet opening made it bend a bit, so now I sorta push on the bottom bezel with my knee at the same time. Angling the TV was no problem, and pulling it away from the wall didn't create much bend.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc L55wt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc L55dt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc L55e50 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page