Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 51 Old 01-22-2012, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by net_synapse View Post

Out of warranty TV fails, Sony is contacted and offers HX820 at reduced price. Story unfolds as follows:

Replacement Set #1
(Customer claims unit is defective)

Replacement Set #2 (Customer claims unit is damaged by carrier while unpacking)

Replacement Set #3
(Customer claims unit is damaged by carrier while unpacking)
Sony claims this unit was fine.

Replacement Set #4
FREE UPGRADE TO HX929, (Customer claims unit is defective)

As a last resort Sony offers to give FULL REFUND on replacement unit and still offers FREE REPAIR of original out of warranty defective unit.

Sony is rewarded by customer bad mouthing company on forums and Facebook.

Customer tries to erase all traces of his ridiculous rants in order to sell HX929 on Craigslist at a profit.

You make the call...

i dont understand why your taking up for sony, he wants to keep the HX929 cause it better than the FULL REFUND their giving him and whats the big deal, they should fix this man tv, its sony sending him defective tvs, not the other way around and he says he going put up youtube video up soon about this...... all in all, the man just wants his HX929 Fix, thats all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 Old 01-22-2012, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergames View Post

i dont understand why your taking up for sony, he wants to keep the HX929 cause it better than the FULL REFUND their giving him and whats the big deal, they should fix this man tv, its sony sending him defective tvs, not the other way around and he says he going put up youtube video up soon about this...... all in all, the man just wants his HX929 Fix, thats all...

I suggest that you read Post# 30 in this thread for the answer to that question.

Also, since you seem to have the "Give this poor guy a break" attitude you obviously were not aware of the ridiculous tirades
he has posted here and on Facebook but Sony still is trying to help him.

PS: You should also ask yourself:

1. Why if he was such a great guy is he trying to sell the unit on Craigslist without any mention of this glaring defect?

2. He states Sony has terrible build quality/customer svc. so why does he not just get the refund and purchase a Panasonic
(which he has previously claimed was his preference)?

TWC (Southern Manhattan) | 4640HDC | ODN 7.3.0_29
post #33 of 51 Old 01-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by net_synapse View Post

Out of warranty TV fails, Sony is contacted and offers HX820 at reduced price. Story unfolds as follows:

Replacement Set #1
(Customer claims unit is defective)

Replacement Set #2 (Customer claims unit is damaged by carrier while unpacking)

Replacement Set #3
(Customer claims unit is damaged by carrier while unpacking)
Sony claims this unit was fine.

Replacement Set #4
FREE UPGRADE TO HX929, (Customer claims unit is defective)

As a last resort Sony offers to give FULL REFUND on replacement unit and still offers FREE REPAIR of original out of warranty defective unit.

Sony is rewarded by customer bad mouthing company on forums and Facebook.

Customer tries to erase all traces of his ridiculous rants in order to sell HX929 on Craigslist at a profit.

You make the call...

Ok maybe his integrity is questionable. But I was commenting on his current HX929 issue and about Sony stating it's not defective and won't service under warranty.
post #34 of 51 Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 PM

Liked: 10
Sony or any company. Customer service at some point tosses in the towel. I don't know his story. But if that is the story. Any company would call it's quits, and offer refund. Best way to get away from someone they can't make happy.

XBR55HX929/HT-CT550W, LN46A750/HT-WS1R, PS3 60g(now 320g WDblack), Xbox 360 60g, Wii, Gaming PC. Xbox Live:Fordlighting, PSN:Gatorsnack.
post #35 of 51 Old 01-22-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHome View Post

Ok maybe his integrity is questionable. But I was commenting on his current HX929 issue and about Sony stating it's not defective and won't service under warranty.

Warranty does not have to start with the new tv. It is on his old tv that he tossed.

XBR55HX929/HT-CT550W, LN46A750/HT-WS1R, PS3 60g(now 320g WDblack), Xbox 360 60g, Wii, Gaming PC. Xbox Live:Fordlighting, PSN:Gatorsnack.
post #36 of 51 Old 01-23-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHome View Post

Funny people are so quick to jump to conclusions. I wonder if these people realize that whoever responded to my ad, asked why such the heavy discount and I told them exactly why. I simply stated it has a color shift that I cannot look past, which others apparently are able to; considering how many own this set and have the exact same issue.
post #37 of 51 Old 01-23-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlightning View Post

Warranty does not have to start with the new tv. It is on his old tv that he tossed.

My brand new HX929 came with an 18 month manufacturer warranty and still has 14 months left.
post #38 of 51 Old 01-24-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedensmore View Post

Funny people are so quick to jump to conclusions.

I took my time to reach a conclusion, which is that Steve gamed Sony too many times and lost, ironically when he actually may have had an issue, though there is a lot of doubt in my mind on that 929 issue. It seems fewer people than can be counted count with one hand have expressed the problem he claims, yet he calls them legion.

The rest of his actions speak to his character, including the obscenely rude PMs I was told he sent to people on FaceBook.
post #39 of 51 Old 01-24-2012, 05:49 PM

Not only on facebook, he was sending them on here as well. He sent a few to me as well. Now most of his rude posts have either been deleted by mods or he deleted the posts himself when he deiced to sell the tv on craigslist.

So in a nut shell he claims that since the sony engineer does not think it has a "defect" it should be ok to sell the tv to someone on craigslist. (poor buyer)

Finally, Mod had asked him to stop complaining in the main hx929 thread, so he was given his own thread which was closed soon after again because of his rudeness and attitude.

Now he has started in this thread .......
post #40 of 51 Old 01-24-2012, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

I have 55hx929, and it's pretty excellent. Bought it last may.
I've said this before - I suspect Steve might have photoshopped his pictures to try to scam Sony into giving him a free upgrade to 65hx929 or something.
post #41 of 51 Old 01-24-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladi123456 View Post

I've said this before - I suspect Steve might have photoshopped his pictures to try to scam Sony into giving him a free upgrade to 65hx929 or something.

Good guess, but you're wrong. I'll give you the phone numbers of the authorized service shops if you'd like to ask them yourself what their techs said about my set. I don't want any free upgrades, I want this television repaired; plain and simple.
post #42 of 51 Old 01-24-2012, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

its seems you never own a KDS A2000 or KDs A3000 or works for sony.... cause those pictures are not photoshopped.. this isnt the first time something like this has happen with sony....
post #43 of 51 Old 01-25-2012, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

I used to have two projection tvs from Sony, but don't remember model numbers as it was more than 10 years ago. One was 4:3 and the next one was 16:9. Both were great. My next Sony was 52v4100, also excellent. Now I have Sony 55hx929 and Sharp 70735. And i would love to work for Sony, never had any issues with them. Still have my Sony VCR I bought 15 years ago, it works great. Still have my 27 inch trinitron I also bought 15 years ago, never had any issues, still works great.
As far as photoshop, how can you be so sure? I can fabricate a pic like Steven's in less than 2 minutes. Add clouds and gradient - that's it...
post #44 of 51 Old 01-25-2012, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

well I had both KDS A2000 and KDs A3000 and thats how i know these picture are not fake....
post #45 of 51 Old 01-25-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:

I used to have two projection tvs from Sony, but don't remember model numbers as it was more than 10 years ago. One was 4:3 and the next one was 16:9. Both were great. My next Sony was 52v4100, also excellent. Now I have Sony 55hx929 and Sharp 70735. And i would love to work for Sony, never had any issues with them. Still have my Sony VCR I bought 15 years ago, it works great. Still have my 27 inch trinitron I also bought 15 years ago, never had any issues, still works great.
As far as photoshop, how can you be so sure? I can fabricate a pic like Steven's in less than 2 minutes. Add clouds and gradient - that's it...

Here's an unaltered Nikon RAW (.nef) image taken straight from my camera. Is that enough proof for you?

http://www.industryonly.com/temp/_DSC6916.NEF
post #46 of 51 Old 01-25-2012, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Still not good enough. I do photography on a side, and i know what can be done with selective lighting and longer exposures... In any case, as others have said - Sony went out of their way trying to please you...
post #47 of 51 Old 01-25-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Still not good enough. I do photography on a side, and i know what can be done with selective lighting and longer exposures... In any case, as others have said - Sony went out of their way trying to please you...

I'll supply indisputable proof when I get my Nikon D4 and can shoot high quality 1080p video. I'm sure even then you'll come up with some excuse as to how I "doctored" it.
post #48 of 51 Old 01-25-2012, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:

I'll supply indisputable proof when I get my Nikon D4 and can shoot high quality 1080p video. I'm sure even then you'll come up with some excuse as to how I "doctored" it.

You could invite us all over to your house so we can inspect it in person.
post #49 of 51 Old 01-25-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

You could invite us all over to your house so we can inspect it in person.

How far do you live from Michigan?
post #50 of 51 Old 01-25-2012, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Buying a D4 won't change the fact that Sony had sent you many many many many TVs before they gave up. Personally if I were Sony, my patience would have run out after the second replacement.
And congrats on getting the D4 - I have D3, they are awesome.
post #51 of 51 Old 01-25-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:

Buying a D4 won't change the fact that Sony had sent you many many many many TVs before they gave up. Personally if I were Sony, my patience would have run out after the second replacement.
And congrats on getting the D4 - I have D3, they are awesome.

Sure are! I've had the D3 since its release, held out on the D3s with hopes they'd add more features on the D4 to make the upgrade worth it.

It's not about patience, it's about fixing something that's not working properly. Sony's a major corporation and that's their obligation; especially to someone who's been a long-time loyal customer.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page