SHarp questions, 70" vs 80" and Sharp 3D questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-19-2012, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I currently have the Sharp 70" 623 and am wanting to up-size to either the current 80" 632 or wait for the Sharp 844 80 incher.

My questions are,,,,

Is the fake 240hz Auqa Motion on the newer 70" Sharps that much of a difference from my 120hz on the first gen 632 70" Sharp ?

How is the active 3D on the current Sharp 70 incher as compared to other panels with active 3D.

Im not a big fan of active 3D (I get eye strain and headaches from active) but I have not been able to check out Sharps active 3D to see if it is any better than active 3D from Panasonic or other active panel makers (LCD or plasma).

Im really on the fence about getting the current Sharp 80 incher and not waiting for the new 80 incher in April,,, the main reasons I was going to wait was for the 3D option and the 240hz of the new Sharp 80 incher,, but if Im going to get eye strain and a headache from watching Sharps active 3D and if the 240hz is not going to give a big jump in PQ then there is no reason to wait for the Sharp 844.

Perhaps Im better off getting the current 80 incher and then also getting a passive 3D panel for 3D viewing only.

Any opinions on my random thoughts ????

Cheers
Davyo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-19-2012, 01:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
You'll still get the headache from active 3D. 120 vs 240 isn't all the hype it's said to me. If I were in your position. (which I am) I'd upgrade to the 80 now. Mainly because I'd get it cheaper vs the new model.

Your two main reasons you said you wouldn't want to get it are spot on.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
davyo, why not wait to see if the LG 84 inch 4K set makes it to stores. If it does make it, it will have both the size and the passive 3D.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-19-2012, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

You'll still get the headache from active 3D. 120 vs 240 isn't all the hype it's said to me. If I were in your position. (which I am) I'd upgrade to the 80 now. Mainly because I'd get it cheaper vs the new model.

Your two main reasons you said you wouldn't want to get it are spot on.

Yep,, we are on the same page,,,, some good prices on the 80 incher right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post

davyo, why not wait to see if the LG 84 inch 4K set makes it to stores. If it does make it, it will have both the size and the passive 3D.

YEA !!!!,,,, I would love to have the 84 incher,,,,, my understanding is that there is not a good chance for it to come out in 2012 and "if" it does the price could be very very high.

But a big YES,,,, if the 4K 84" LG had a published price and release date for the very near future, that would be the TV to get !!!!!

Cheers
Davyo
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page