Lg 65" lw6500 or sharp 70" ??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-22-2012, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
cannot decide on which tv to get! I want as big as I can afford but at the same time I like 3D sometimes and dont want to be left out if 3d starts to catch on more, especially in a few weeks if the Star Wars TPM 3d is good then It would be a must buy for me when available on blu-ray. However, now with this weeks super bowl sales the sharp 70" 632u is even cheaper than the LG 65" so i'd be paying more money for a smaller size with the lg just for 3D. Has anyone had the opportunity to view both sets, which has better 2D viewing?

I'd really like to get the 80" sharp but havent found a good enough deal I could afford yet, ofcourse when the 90" hits I will be drooling over that one! I used to have a 118" projector setup so I like a huge pic and these big sharps are getting big enough now to suffice not having a projector setup in my living room, and thats not feasible for me right now anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-22-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I am not an owner, but if you like a big screen and had a projector I would think you would like the Sharp better. The prices for models from both company's should be dropping very soon. I think Sharp is going to have new models out first. However, if I was looking at a 65" and wanted 3d I would grab a Panasonic 65" ST model, it will be the cheapest with the best 3D.

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
post #3 of 4 Old 01-22-2012, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellG View Post

I am not an owner, but if you like a big screen and had a projector I would think you would like the Sharp better. The prices for models from both company's should be dropping very soon. I think Sharp is going to have new models out first. However, if I was looking at a 65" and wanted 3d I would grab a Panasonic 65" ST model, it will be the cheapest with the best 3D.

Well the reason for me wanting the 65" lg for 3d is because its passive 3d which i prefer, do not want to open that can of worms, lol! Also, im not a big plasma fan and i like the soap opera effect the lcd\\leds can do, again dont wanna open that can of worms either! I could wait for all new models to hit but they will be way higher than these clearanced prices.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I am still waiting to jump on the 3d bandwagon. I actually prefer passive too, and if thats the case, your only choice of the 2 you listed is the LG. Unless you want to look at Vizio. I actually want to see that new Cinewide 71" TV they showed at CES. Unfortunately I don't know if it will ever make it to market. LG did anounce a 72" at CES, but it's ugly compared to the sleek new 9600 model. If they would have made the 72" in the 9600 frame, I would have waited. Now I am looking at Sharp for a 70" or 80".

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 55lw6500 Hdtv , Lg Infinia 47lw6500
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page