55" LCD Recommendations - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
ListedGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a 55" LCD (maybe an LED) with the following:

-Must have a matte finish screen.
-Max budget of $1,000 (less is better).

TV will be used for 90% watching HD cable and the other 10% watching blu ray. I'm not a gamer. I also want to make sure I can get rid of the soap opera effect as I'm not a fan

Any suggestions?

-Guru
ListedGuru is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 01-24-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
You can get a 60" Sharp LC60LE6300U for that price at Best Buy this week. Unless you have space restrictions limiting your size, I would be looking at that. Otherwise I highly recommend the LG 55LK520.
Jay1 is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 04:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
6athome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
My son was looking at the 60 sharp and said Dad your Lg LV9500 led nano just rocks and make the sharp look like @@@t..
If you can find a LV9500, buy it!
6athome is offline  
post #4 of 5 Old 01-26-2012, 08:41 AM
 
TerrenceQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
find out Sharp 52LE810UN or bigger size with a little over your budget 60E78UN,
http://tv-compare.blogspot.com/2011/...c-60e78un.html
TerrenceQ is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 02-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
sadmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6athome View Post

My son was looking at the 60 sharp and said Dad your Lg LV9500 led nano just rocks and make the sharp look like @@@t..
If you can find a LV9500, buy it!

That set is roughly twice his budget. Your post wasn't the least bit helpful.

OP, if you arent concerned with a thin TV with all the bells and whistles, look into the Sony KDL-55BX520. IPS panel with a very nice picture. Saw it at Walmart recently for $998.

XBL Gamertag: RagingPhinsFan
sadmaker is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off