Originally Posted by bemosley
Yea they are on sale at HH Gregg For $2,399.99 with the 3D blu-ray player, and glasses! I will more than likely spend the extra 600 dollars there so I can purchase an extended warranty with it! Do you know what the differences are between the 7000 and 8000? Those may be the deciding factors for me? I know this may sound like a crazy question, is there a night and day difference between 120hz and 240hz? Clearly it was when doubling from the 60hz. I would imagine the same however I have not witnessed it.
Don't really know how large the difference is between 120hz and 240hz. I've heard it's subtle, if any at all.
Differences between 7000 and 8000:
1) 7000 has clear bezel - 8000 has chrome bezel with a glowing samsun logo (you can turn off glow feature). Also think the 8000's bezel is a tad smaller but not much.
2) 7000 has a 15,000,000:1 contrast ration - 8000 has a 25,000,000:1 contrast ratio.
3) 8000 has micro dimming plus which apparently helps alleviate the flashlighting/clouding problems persistent in the 7000
4) Clear motion rate is slightly higher on the 8000 (960 vs 720 on the 7000)
5) 8000 comes with 2 pairs of 3D glasses in the box....7000 does not.
I believe that's most of the major differences. Also, I'd shy away from HHGregg or any of the other B&M stores. You can find a much better deal online. And don't spend more then $200 on a 4 yr extended warranty. You purchase one of those from DTV Express/SquareTrade, etc. for around $180.