$10 paypal - how to get into service menu of iSymphony LED42IF80 LED LCD? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-07-2012, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got this TV for dirt cheap - iSymphony LED42IF80. I fully realize it's probably a piece of crap but for $200 for a LED LCD 42in, why not.

I'm hoping I can get into the service menu and try to adjust it using my colorimeter, but I can't seem to figure out how.

I'll pay $10 paypal if someone knows how. I've searched all over the web and can't figure it out.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-13-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 121
One of the major problems with 'no name' brands is what you are up against right now.
Try finding a service manual for this.

There are reviews at Amazon on this (but not that good);
http://www.amazon.com/iSymphony-LED4...owViewpoints=1

Not to be offensive, but to quote one reviewer;
Quote:

I bought this tv in a lightning deal, as did several others who have reviewed this product, and I basically feel like I was struck by lightning instead of getting a great deal.

But, for $200, I guess you can't say to much negative.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-13-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Oddly, their 32" version received far better reviews;
http://www.amazon.com/iSymphony-LC32...owViewpoints=1

I also found this that is interesting. Is that where you got it from?;
http://slickdeals.net/f/3902886-iSym...ke-New-230-FS?

Which includes this review;
Quote:

PROS:
- Panel looks very good when in 1080P via HDMI (other than a computer source, use VGA there) and in general looks clear and in focus on any typical 1080 feed. Not as good as some other more expensive TVs, but not poor.
- Super thin design was far smaller than any other TV I own.
- The tuner pulls in clear feeds of all the same stations in HD that all my other TV's that say they have a QAM tuner on them. So I am guessing that this TV does in fact have the QAM tuner as another SDer commented on.
- Standard VESA mount, which is nice after having a Vizio that doesn't mount that way.
- Most important for Slickdeals... PRICE. Still can't believe that I got this thing for just over 200 bucks. It's perfect for use in my bar.

CONS:
- Outside of a good 1080 feed the scaling on this TV is terrible. The picture looks garbled and is not worth watching. This is more of a problem with the image processor than the panel in my opinion knowing how good 1080 feeds look.
- The edge lighting is a little brighter on the edges and can be seen on all black backgrounds. It's not distracting, but you do see it, which is the case with several edge lit LED displays.
- The colors are washed out when compared to my Panny plasma, but that may just be a case of my lack of a calibration tool or poor ability to calibrate myself. If no one else can calibrate I will try to do so with a THX DVD or something, but we have a few guys here that are offering to try to calibrate.
- The remote and side panel button controls are very poor. Simple things like switching input can't be easily done with the side panel. There is an input button, but pushing it once turns on the menu and pushing it again turns it off. You have to know that (I think) the volume up and down buttons act like the arrows to select the different input and then you use the channel up to select the input before the thing will switch. VERY POOR design here. should only have to keep pushing the input button. Just make sure you don't lose the remote or you have a switcher going into one feed like I do.
- Sound is pretty tinny, but was easily fixed with a soundbar. Mine did bypass the TV speakers when I plugged it in, but overall the speaker wires are able to be cut through holes in the back of the display to the left of the stand mount point. They are a black and red wire that are very obvious. Just make sure that you really never want to use those internal speakers before you cut it!
- This is just picky, but the iSymphony logo makes it look like a low grade TV. I think I could fool people about the quality better if I could get that logo off of there (any ideas?)

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page