Sony KDL46NX720 or Samsung UN46D6400? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-12-2012, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went to BB yesterday to look at the LG 46 LW5600 and fell in love with these two instead. I like the looks of the Sony better, but it looked like the viewing angle was much narrower.

Any thoughts / advice on these two?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-13-2012, 08:09 AM

Liked: 12
i always find sony is overprice. what you cant get from samsung compare to sony? in terms of feature and etc... spec comparison here, http://tv-compare.blogspot.com/2012/02/samsung-un46d6400-vs-sony-kdl-46nx720.html
post #3 of 7 Old 02-13-2012, 08:56 AM

Liked: 16
Some of those specs are way off. Both panels are 120hz and only the Sony has local-dimming. From what I have read, 3D on both sets is sub-par with cross-talk. Both have poor viewing angle. The samsung will be a lot brighter. I owned an NX720 for about a week and even with all the eco sensor bogus stuff turned off, it still was not as bright as my samsung. The sound was also AWFUL on the Sony. This wont matter for people with sound systems though. Other than that, the Sony has great realistic picture. The stand is flimsy as hell though.

If I could have gotten the sony for the same price of my samsung I may have considered keeping it. Also if the stand wasnt flimsy and the sound was better it would have definitely stayed home
post #4 of 7 Old 02-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

I don't think there really that much difference in viewing angle between the 2. I know that I always see more flash lighting in the corners on the Samsungs when they are displaying black bars. I'm sure it's there on the Sony's too, but much more noticeable on the 6000-6400 Samsungs to me.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-13-2012, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

When I was at BB, there was a HUGE diff in the viewing angles. Sony dropped off very quickly, white the Samsung seemed to have extremely good viewing angle.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

Some of those specs are way off. Both panels are 120hz and only the Sony has local-dimming. From what I have read, 3D on both sets is sub-par with cross-talk. Both have poor viewing angle. The samsung will be a lot brighter. I owned an NX720 for about a week and even with all the eco sensor bogus stuff turned off, it still was not as bright as my samsung. The sound was also AWFUL on the Sony. This wont matter for people with sound systems though. Other than that, the Sony has great realistic picture. The stand is flimsy as hell though.

If I could have gotten the sony for the same price of my samsung I may have considered keeping it. Also if the stand wasnt flimsy and the sound was better it would have definitely stayed home

Is $999 a good price for the Sony NX720?
post #7 of 7 Old 02-16-2012, 10:45 PM

You want the micro dimming. I bought a Samsung 6420 and had really bad flashlighting on two sets. They never went away because there wasn't micro dimming.

Then I got a Sony HX729 and while there is a tiny amount of flashlighting it was no way nearly as bad as the Samsung

--
PS3 40 gig (upgraded to 160 gig)
XBOX 360
Sony DG-810 Receiver
Yamaha 5.1 NS-P1600 Speakers

Latest Purchases:
Mad Men S1, Hellboy 2
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46d6400 Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46nx720 46 Inch 1080p Wifi 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page