Grainy Picture - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-14-2012, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My set up is Samsung 46 LCD with directv HD dvr in main living room going thru yamaha rvx667 receiver and another hd dvr to my bedroom Samsung 46 LCD . My main living room tv has occasional grainy , fuzzy hard to describe picture, see attached picture for better understanding. It happens quite frequently and when it does it continues with my apple tv in the same tv thus I'm not convinced its directv dvr issue , you think it is tv issue? Already changed the HDMI cable 2 times with no success. Again Apple tv is not connected thru HDMI and has the same issue.Need desperate help, thanks

Attachment 237319
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 07:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
A grainy picture normally occurs when a poor quality upscaling chip is used to upscale a lower resolution to higher resolution. The cable is not the cause. What is the native resolution of your TV and what resolution are you sending the program content to the TV in from the DVR. A pixelated picture normally is caused by a bandwidth reception problem in the DVR. How are the DVR's connected to the DirecTV antenna?
post #3 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Directv hd dvr is set at 1080 and is connect thru hdmi cable thru my yamaha rvx 667 receiver and from there to my 2011 model Samsung LCD (also set at 1080 resolution) via another hdmi cable.
post #4 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Bypass your yamaha and connect directly via HDMI to your tv. If it still continues, it's likely your tv.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 05:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Are your TVs 1080p models or 720P models?
You did not answer how the two separate DVRs were connected to the same antenna?
post #6 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Both TVA are 1080 living room version where the problem
Is one with 3d and the bedroom is regular 1080.

I'll try to bypass receiver if I have long enough cable. But if it happened this way I'm Not sure how we can conclude why it might be the tv and not the directv receiver issues??? Next week ill switch the living room tv and bedroom tv for apples to apples comparison and if it continues then its either the dvr or the receiver for sure!All directv receivers re connected thru swim installed by directv and have the network connection.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqua55 View Post

Both TVA are 1080 living room version where the problem
Is one with 3d and the bedroom is regular 1080.

I'll try to bypass receiver if I have long enough cable. But if it happened this way I'm Not sure how we can conclude why it might be the tv and not the directv receiver issues??? Next week ill switch the living room tv and bedroom tv for apples to apples comparison and if it continues then its either the dvr or the receiver for sure!All directv receivers re connected thru swim installed by directv and have the network connection.

An easy way to find out is connect you apple tv directly to your tv with HDMI. Apple tv will connect via wifi, so no running extra cables needed, just an HDMI cable. This is all you need to do. If it works fine, then you have a receiver problem. If you had you apple tv connected through your Yamaha receiver and had the same problem, connecting directly to you tv will rule out your DirecTV and TV as the problem if it displays correctly.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks problem is it comes and goes making this whole mess harder to pinpoint. Almost feels like it starts with fast moving scenes and bright light back grounds and once it's starts then it keeps going for couple of hours and then might stop and not do it whole night?so frustrating i guess I can plug the apple directly once it starts doing it and see what happens?
post #9 of 9 Old 06-11-2012, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

After all it was the TV with defective machanism and they have replaced it for me! Thanks for all your input!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page