Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the following devices:

HD STB (has 1 HDMI output)
Onkyo HT-R380 (has 3 HDMI inputs & 1 HDMI output)
Samsung B2230 Full HD Monitor (has 1 VGA & 1 DVI-D Dual Link input)

If I connect as follows:
HD STB ---HDMI--->Onkyo HT-R380---HDMI--->Samsung B2230 (using HDMI to DVI-D adapter), I get video/images with a pink hue/tint.

I also have my computer connected similarly. Computer ---HDMI--->Onkyo HT-R380---HDMI--->Samsung B2230 (using HDMI to DVI-D adapter). I get perfect video/image.

If I connect HD STB directly to Samsung B2230 via HDMI (using HDMI to DVI-D adapter), I get perfect video/image.

Why is it giving me a pink tint/hue when connected with Onkyo HT-R380 in the middle of the chain?

Its not a problem with the HDMI cable or HDMI inputs in Onkyo HT-R380. Tried changing the inputs and cables as well. The above observation is consistent.
Initially I thought it must be an HDMI handshaking issue. So I tried all permutation & combinations of powering up of the three devices. Unfortunately none helped.

I have a feeling that somehow the HDMI output from HD STB is in YCbCr color space (instead of sRGB), when its connected to Onkyo HT-R380, and is in sRGB color space when connected to Samsung B2230 directly. If so, who is making this automatic switch & why and how do I rectify this?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page