Big green cloud Sharp 733u(after mounting) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-20-2012, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I tried to hang my Sharp 733u to my TV stand (its a mount and a stand). When I got it all together I noticed a big green looking cloud in the middle of the screen. I immediately took the TV off the mount and the spot was still there. I didn't over tighten the bracket or anything. I rubbed the spot very gently and it went away. Does anyone know what this could of been and should I try to hang it again? I dont want to risk damaging it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-20-2012, 02:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Make sure your mounting bolts are not too long and that the mount itself is not shifting in any way causing the display to flex (if it's a larger set then the mount needs to be very sturdy).

Was the spot on the screen directly in front of one of the mounting locations?

Jason
post #3 of 4 Old 02-20-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah it was def around the area of the mount I think this TV is just too big for my old mount. Do you think i should be worried about that green spot on the tv?
post #4 of 4 Old 02-22-2012, 07:43 AM

My 70" 632U had some green clouding in the middle of the screen on dark or black scenes. What I did was turn the TV off, then wipe the entire screen inside to out with a microfiber cloth applying very light pressure, similar to what you did. The green clouding completely disappeared. I got the idea from someone here on the forum with a similar problem. Mine has been fine ever since. So if it went away I wouldn't worry about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page