nx720 keep or trade? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-20-2012, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
whats up guys this is my first post thought thought yall could give me some pointers on this. im not a nerd(though i wish i was at times) but i like tvs and maybe yall can teach me some things my mugel eyes havent caught yet.

i recently purchased an nx720 from best buy for a steal price. it was marked at 1500 then it was an open box, do to someone cutting the box in the store so i got it for 1350 i was pressured into buying it by my parents (ive been annoying them about getting a 55" tv for a while hehe) i still have 23 days left to return it.

anyways.. i love this tv cant say anything bad about it.. really wish it was more user friendly like the LG 55" 3D or the samsung d7000(and up) series. but i am super picky about details,and clarity..

should i return it and get a hx820? i know the price is a little higher but 240Hz is it really that big a difference? also is the contrast better as well?(nerds i need your help here ) mine is 120Hz and it does not have the Pro Engine X or something. compared to hx820

I play PS3 (bf3 and CoD mainly),Netflix, Blu-Rays, and regular cable in that order...

should i switch it for 240Hz? 3D isnt really that big right now but im not gonna get a tv a longgg time after this so i dont mind having a good 3D tv right now. so your advice is def. taken!

thanks,

Jofosho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
General advice. If you get a good tv for a good price, and you like the way the pic looks and you can't find any glaring problems, you keep it. The next tv could have all sorts of anomolies and issues.

When you get a good one, enjoy it.

By the time it dies, there will be much better 3D tvs available. If you don't want 3D now, don't pay more for it.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 06:58 AM
aod
Advanced Member

Two simple words..... Keep it

post #4 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Definitely keep it. You have a very good tv at a very good price with no problems.

Steve S.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 AM

There is only 2 differences between the HX820 and the NX720, 240Hz and a better processor.

You will not see the difference between 120Hz and 240Hz. The only place where you might see it is for the 3D (because you only receive half the frames), but even then it is very marginal. The 3D is already good on the NX720.

As for the better processor, it is not really useful because the NX720 needs less processing power due to only displaying 120 frames per second. Also, you will most likely disable all kind of processing because most of them alter the images in a bad way (at least in my opinion).

Bottom line: Keep it.
Not only the HX820 is not really worth the price difference, but you are happy with the current NX720 so consider yourself lucky!
post #6 of 6 Old 02-21-2012, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

much thanks guys. Def gonna keep it! considering you guys know much more in detail about tv tech then I do lol. again thanks for the replies. much appreciated=)

thanks

jofosho
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page