Official Samsung UNXXEH6000 Owners' Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 2567 Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone,

Don't know if this has been discussed as I didn't go through all 13 pages of this thread but has anyone else had problems with off angle viewing? I just bought the 60 inch eh6050 two weeks ago and after major tweeking got it to look pretty good from straight on. But if I move as much as 2 sofa cushions over the picture becomes noticeably less clear and kind of washed out or cloudy looking. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 2567 Old 06-20-2012, 01:15 AM

Liked: 11
Thanks again Jomari! I'm hoping it'll drop a few bucks, any little bit helps right..lol

I'm pretty stoked about getting a new TV and a fairly large screen (for us) to game on and watch movies with the wife.

Zinger I saw that post and was what I referred to when I made my first post. So I was hoping you would pop back in. When gaming do you use any special game mode type of thing? I saw you turned some things off and used movie or standard but I wasn't sure is that was for general use or just gaming or both. What system do you use to play BF3?

I know this is also kinda dumb, but should I purchase a new HDMI cable. I'm still using the one I got with the 360 many moons ago.

Thanks
post #363 of 2567 Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 AM

No need for new hdmi cable.

Regarding game mode,personally I don't use it. I posted my settings earlier too if you want to give it a try.

i hate autocorrect spellcheck!
sent via smoke signals on tapatalk 2
post #364 of 2567 Old 06-21-2012, 05:43 PM

Has anyone noticed if the red LED on their set is on during some kind of activity?

I noticed mine is on at times (32EH5000), but I can't figure out exactly when; I just noticed it is on, for a couple of times - and because I haven't quite figured out when it is on, I can't know for sure if it is normal or some faulty behaviour... I just finished watching a movie with the WDTV Live, connected by HDMI, and the LED was on, same for the PS3 (HDMI) in the afternoon - but when I changed to TV input, it was off... Is it normal to be on during HDMI play? I can't quite remember if it has been on all the time I've been using HDMI connected equipment...

Even so, I thought it was supposed to be on only when the set itself is off...
post #365 of 2567 Old 06-21-2012, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounty70 View Post

Hey everyone,
Don't know if this has been discussed as I didn't go through all 13 pages of this thread but has anyone else had problems with off angle viewing? I just bought the 60 inch eh6050 two weeks ago and after major tweeking got it to look pretty good from straight on. But if I move as much as 2 sofa cushions over the picture becomes noticeably less clear and kind of washed out or cloudy looking. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thats typical of most LCD/LED screens, they have a narrow viewing angle.
The plasma sets are the ones that have a wide viewing angle if you need it.
post #366 of 2567 Old 06-21-2012, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I see that a new model in the EH6xxx series has just come out this past week, the UN55EH6070 which adds 3D but not smart internet features.
The EH6030 series and the EH6070 series appear to be the same TV but the EH6070 bundles in a Samsung 3D blu-ray player with the TV.
I've seen the UN55EH6070 is already in stock at amazon, and some Best Buy and Sears stores.
Like other EH models these have some LED backlight behind the panel, not edge-lit, and are not ultra-slim, these are about 3.6" deep.
But for folks who use it on a table stand, the thicker panel can offer advantages, better sound from the speakers and possibly little or no flashlighting and clouding effects?

Might be a good 3D Samsung LED alternative to the more expensive ultra-thin edge-lit LED ES6xxx and higher models.
Thes EH6030/EH6070 have a minimum of inputs, only 2 HDMI, 1 USB, 1 ethernet (no wireless) but have both analog and digital audio output.
post #367 of 2567 Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmith2 View Post

Thanks again Jomari! I'm hoping it'll drop a few bucks, any little bit helps right..lol
I'm pretty stoked about getting a new TV and a fairly large screen (for us) to game on and watch movies with the wife.
Zinger I saw that post and was what I referred to when I made my first post. So I was hoping you would pop back in. When gaming do you use any special game mode type of thing? I saw you turned some things off and used movie or standard but I wasn't sure is that was for general use or just gaming or both. What system do you use to play BF3?
I know this is also kinda dumb, but should I purchase a new HDMI cable. I'm still using the one I got with the 360 many moons ago.
Thanks

Heya!

Nope no special mode. I usually leave it on my customized standard and it plays great. I am on Xbox 360 for BF3. I run Diablo off a HTPC on it as well with the same Standard mode and it plays great too!
post #368 of 2567 Old 06-22-2012, 02:49 AM

i use the standard settings for my ps3,,,look back some posts u can find settings,,,they look great and game runs lag free,,,movie mode settings use only for movies standard settings for Euro 2012 and hockey and also ps3 and xbox 360,,,

settings if anyone interested:
Mode: standard
Backlight-14
Contrast-100
Brightness-46
Sharpness-28
color-43
Tint G45/r55
Advanced settings::
colorspace -auto
White Balance:
R-offset 30
G-offset 30
B-offset 30
R-Gain 38
G-Gain 34
B-Gain 33
Gamma -1
Dynamic contrast med
Blacktone off
Flesh tone 0
Motion lightning off
Picture options
Color tone cool
size 16:9
Digital noise off
HDMI level normal greyed out
film mode off
Auto motion clear 9 Blur Judder 10
Led off
post #369 of 2567 Old 06-22-2012, 10:48 AM

Thanks Joxer! Yeah, I had read that the LED's had a more narrow viewing angle than the plasmas but this model seems to be worse than most other LED's I've seen. Would have been nice if they had included a swivel stand. That would have helped some. Have to decide if I'm going to keep this, get another LED or try out a plasma.
post #370 of 2567 Old 06-22-2012, 11:43 AM

Liked: 17
I'm surprised at the "bad viewing angle" comments. Granted this is my first HD set but as I type this I'm at least 45 degrees from center and as I look over the picture still looks close to perfect on my UN46EHetc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #371 of 2567 Old 06-22-2012, 02:13 PM

More than likely this is the case. The uniformity and dark levels of my picture are good but if I go so much as 10-20 degrees off center I lose fidelity in the picture. It's still fairly clear but it looks a lighter and washed out.
post #372 of 2567 Old 06-22-2012, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Check out this recent online review of the EH6000:
http://www.televisioninfo.com/content/Samsung-UN40EH6000-LED-LCD-HDTV-Review/Viewing-Effects.htm

They note:
"Interestingly, the Samsung UN40EH6000 had an increase in contrast between a 0-10% angle from the center of the screen (due in part to a shift in its deepest black level), but contrast takes a sharp decline anywhere beyond an approximately 31% off-center viewing angle, giving a 61% total viewing angle"
post #373 of 2567 Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 PM

Interesting. I definitely don't notice an increase in contrast when I move slightly off center. But again, it may vary from panel to panel. And yeah, that 30 degrees sounds about right. If I'm sitting in the corner of my L-shaped sofa I'm probably at about 35 degrees off center.
post #374 of 2567 Old 06-24-2012, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Heres something else some of you might need to know, if your using this tv in the bedroom and you have the tv high up on a wall and your watching the tv in your
bed, you better have that tv angled to you vertically ( thats up and down) or you will never be able to dial that tv in, you will have contrast problems and the tv wont
look right. This is the problem I had with my 46EH6000 in the bedroom. I put 2 pieces of wood underneath my tv stand in the back 1X1X6 which made the top of the tv
move foreword about 3 inches and that made a BIG difference in the picture quality. When you got a tv high up on the wall and the tv is pointed high up to the opposite
side, your picture will look like crap.... hope that helps somebody
post #375 of 2567 Old 06-26-2012, 02:33 PM

Hey Guys, I'm sitting on the edge of buying this TV. I've read through every page of this post and I'm still not sure. Right now, it's between a 55" EH6000 or last years 55D6000 Sammy. This is going to be used in a basement, and yes I know the general rule, plasma's r better for a basement. I'm mostly using this for tv and gaming (360, not ps3). I never ever watch blu rays, just reg dvds. And I play to use my laptop with it via hdmi alot to watch online movies.

has anybody who had a D6000 or even d7000 compare the EH to this set. I've read the 1 poster who said they had 4 tvs and settled on this one. I wonder if there has been anybody else who switched to this EH6000 yet.
post #376 of 2567 Old 07-01-2012, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I guess everybody is happy with their EH-6000. nobodys talkin.... I know i am real happy with mine but this is my second one. My first one got run over by a forklift
truck.....oops, but my second one works like a candybar.....Sweet! smile.gif
post #377 of 2567 Old 07-01-2012, 08:38 PM

Well, today provided my first cause for concern in this beautiful set (46 inch) which continues to impress.

The thing powered off without me asking it to twice today. Marathon sessions of Netflix, looking gorgeous at 1080p.

I researched the issue and I think it might have been related to the Eco Solution settings for no power without user activity (ie the remote) for 4 hours. I think the two incidents did happen more or less 4 hours apart. I hope that's what it is and not some fault in the electronics, or bulb, or overheating (it has been hot here but not that hot...and I did recently increase the backlight to max). So, I turned all of that except the screen saver off and pray that does the trick.

Gorgeous picture on this thing. Shame if I had to exchange it and be in that "panel lottery" again. Anyone else have this possible non-issue? There's a lot of talk of this problem with Samsungs but not this specific model, and there was even a YouTube video up by Samsung describing how to disable these features to prevent the issue.

post #378 of 2567 Old 07-01-2012, 09:41 PM

Syntax, do you have any idea what about the AMP feature was changed in the firmware update 1012?
post #379 of 2567 Old 07-02-2012, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecorey View Post

Syntax, do you have any idea what about the AMP feature was changed in the firmware update 1012?
I do not. I never had any motion issues before the firmware update and still don't after. I haven't noticed any increase in PQ either, though I'll admit I've been lazy and hadn't tried to re-calibrate yet.
post #380 of 2567 Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 AM

I have the 60" I absolutely LOVE this screen, one question that has been asked again and again through this thread that has been answered, but maybe not clearly has been screen reflective quality. I would call this a matte screen, it definitely is not the super glossy of most of the samsung line. The PQ is absolutely unchallenged in this pricerange IMO. I havn't seen any issues with purple trailing, dirty screen, or any other effects with the exception of Soap Opera Effect which was easily remedied within the settings.

I am still running the factory firmware, I am horrible about updating stuff like this, always more headache than it is worth for me it seems.
post #381 of 2567 Old 07-02-2012, 10:56 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblincoe View Post

... I am still running the factory firmware, I am horrible about updating stuff like this, always more headache than it is worth for me it seems.

If you're happy, don't update. Over the past four years, updating firmware has probably caused more problems than it solved. I've been running version 3 that came with my 4-year old Samsung, and, while they released about 10 later versions, the consensus among owners was that versions 2 and 3 were the best.
post #382 of 2567 Old 07-02-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

If you're happy, don't update. Over the past four years, updating firmware has probably caused more problems than it solved. I've been running version 3 that came with my 4-year old Samsung, and, while they released about 10 later versions, the consensus among owners was that versions 2 and 3 were the best.

On the 46" model though, the newest firmware (1012 I believe, from June 3) did completely solve the Auto Motion switch issue that happened on my set between powering the set off and back on. That was a major annoyance. I can't say if the PQ has improved at all, it was great to begin with.

post #383 of 2567 Old 07-02-2012, 11:35 AM

Bit of a weird one but my screen looks good as in no backlight problems but when i go close to the tv and look down at it or directly to the side up close I can see white lines of light down the screen from top to bottom?
post #384 of 2567 Old 07-02-2012, 11:38 AM

This is only on a blank screen with nothing that's being displayed btw like a inactive source
post #385 of 2567 Old 07-02-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

Thanks, this is exactly what I am concerned about, seems like by the time I go through the trouble of updating, they will either come out with another update on top of that one, or users will start realizing that more bugs are created then are fixed.
post #386 of 2567 Old 07-02-2012, 04:47 PM

if it aint broke, dont fix it. unless your bothered by the AMR settings, its not necessary.

ive also posted this awhile back, and after the update, confirmed it was not addressed by the firmware update...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomari View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

no, but is does have the annoying auto-dimming backlight that kicks in whenever the screen goes black/blank
"Beyond those light blacks, the UNEH6000 has another issue. Its backlight also had an annoying tendency to flash on and off when displaying a black screen, an issue that was distracting to say the least when it happened in the middle of watching a movie. I saw such flashes at 12:10 in "I Am Legend" when Robert closes up his house, for example, and I'm sure they'll also appear in other midmovie fades to black."
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-un60eh6000/4505-6482_7-35159625-2.html?tag=rvwBody;paginate
was curious about this, and tried it when i just got home (im exhausted and hate accompanying wife shopping after work frown.gif )...
anyways, i tried it out and as mentioned in the review, it does happen.
he closes the windows, closes shop and on the last one, it appears the set turns off. i wish my set had the deep blacks to get that close, but unfortunately, as much as ive calibrated mine, its there. its noticeable when transcending from a complete black scene to a lit one.
does it bother me? i dunno, i cant say, im biased right now being tired, and well, im not certain it would bother MY personal experience in the movie.
like some experiences, id definitely trade it for a better picture. there are things i can accept, some things i cannot. for the meantime, my experiences with are good.

im not really bothered by it that much, since it rarely affects my viewing experience.
post #387 of 2567 Old 07-05-2012, 06:19 PM

Anyone know why the fit to screen option is greyed out?
post #388 of 2567 Old 07-06-2012, 12:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrider View Post

Anyone know why the fit to screen option is greyed out?
Only is active on certain input resolutions like 1080i or 1080p.
post #389 of 2567 Old 07-07-2012, 04:56 AM

i tried the i am legend about the tv turning black when he closed his house and it went black for a second and normal its not the case ,,,because my 7000 does the samething its the movie,,,so far no problems for me this tv is great picture is beautiful when adjusted and calibrated,,
post #390 of 2567 Old 07-08-2012, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gexxxy View Post

settings if anyone interested:
Mode: movie
Backlight-12
Contrast-100
Brightness-32
Sharpness-18
color-44
Tint G48/r52
Advanced settings::
colorspace -auto
White Balance:
R-offset 33
G-offset 31
B-offset 30
R-Gain 38
G-Gain 34
B-Gain 33
Gamma : 2
Dynamic contrast med
Blacktone off
Flesh tone 0
Motion lightning off
Picture options
Color tone warm1
size 16:9
Digital noise off
HDMI level normal greyed out
film mode off
Auto motion clear 9 Blur Judder 10
Led off
personally i had the lg55lv4400 it sucked so i changed it for this set couldnt be more happier if that helps..

Are you doing all of these settings by eye? With or without a calibration disk?

Jack
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030 , Samsung Ln46c630 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page