Official Samsung UNXXEH6000 Owners' Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 2562 Old 07-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I recently bought un50eh6000 at BB and I'm my only concern is that the picture has a slight purple or violet tinge or tint to it. It's on both my Tivo and PS3 via two HDMI cables. I was under the impression that it was normal since a lot of TVs, especially Sony, have a blue tint or tinge to them but when I called Samsung they said it wasn't normal for this model. Anyone else having this issue???
Justin Sullins is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 2562 Old 07-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Member
 
bewlaybrothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

I recently bought un50eh6000 at BB and I'm my only concern is that the picture has a slight purple or violet tinge or tint to it. It's on both my Tivo and PS3 via two HDMI cables. I was under the impression that it was normal since a lot of TVs, especially Sony, have a blue tint or tinge to them but when I called Samsung they said it wasn't normal for this model. Anyone else having this issue???

Try changing the color balance preference to "warm 1" or "2" although there are even more precise controls for color. The color temperature may tend to be on the cool side for these (which might appear subtly purplish in some conditions). I remember when I got mine noticing that soon after I began using it. The giveaway tends to be in flesh tones. However if no adjustments like that help then you may have a faulty set.
bewlaybrothers is offline  
post #453 of 2562 Old 07-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I've tried everything. I have it on Standard with the color temp on Standard. I've tried warm 1 and 2 and it still exists. You're right about the flesh tone but it's also very annoying on my TIvo Guide. The guide is dark blue but it looks violet on this TV. All the blues, whites, and greys are purplish no matter what setting I have it on. The prison clothes in the Shawshank Redemption also looked purple. I have a Geek Squad Tech coming on Tuesday to look at it. I might just go ahead and return it even though I don't want to and get the LNxxD630 and save up for an OLED whenever they start rolling out.
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #454 of 2562 Old 07-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
The dark areas do seem a bit purple but I am mainly referring to the whites, greys, and flesh tones. They seem to be a bit too purplish. The guide on my Tivo is violet instead of solid blue because of this issue. I've had more than a few HDTVs in my time (high-end and mid-range) and have never experienced this issue before other than a few sonys and older samsungs that have a light-blue tint to them which didn't bother me in the slightest. Samsung told me that there should not be any tint to this model and that I should check my cables. I have in fact checked my cables and even hooked another HDMI cable up to my TV from my Tivo and it's still purple or violet. I even took it a step further and just had my PS3 connected (via HDMI) to the TV and no Tivo and the purple was still noticable. I put in Doom (the movie) and their faces were slightly tinted purple.
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #455 of 2562 Old 07-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Member
 
bewlaybrothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
That does sound like a faulty set. I believe that when LCD/LED panels go bad that tint is one thing they can display. One time I came to my desk computer at work and it had a bad purple tone, but reseating the cable fixed it (of course this was a DVI or VGA cable though). Have you tried both HDMI ports however? Possible that one of them is bad but not the other (not that that's acceptable either of course).
bewlaybrothers is offline  
post #456 of 2562 Old 07-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I've tried both HDMI ports and the same result. It's not an overpowering purple but it just looks like there's something off with the picture. My Wife doesn't see it but anybody who's married knows how that goes...In her defense we've been dealing with buying/returning/buying/returning/buying/returning until finally we find this one. Aside from the color prob the EH6000 is a moderate replacement to my B6000. I'm actually thinking about returning the EH6000 for LN46D630 anyone know much about the d630? Haven't found too much on other threads.
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #457 of 2562 Old 07-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Senior Member
 
BriscoCountyJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I've seen a type of purplish tint on the small 22" Samsung LED TV, but not on larger LCD models.
Could it be caused by the type of panel used?
BriscoCountyJr is online now  
post #458 of 2562 Old 07-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Just got a visit from Geek Squad and he thought it was normal for the purple tint to be there. He suggested asking Best Buy for a free calibration. Should I ask for the free calibration or should I exchange this eh6000 with another eh600 and hope that I just received a fualty set?
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #459 of 2562 Old 07-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

try an exchange (also see if you can get a different panel version, which should be on the white sticker on the box)

I have a 50eh6000 so there were no clips on the bottom of the box. Needless to say the box got destroyed to get the TV out so I can mount it on my wall. I threw it away since the TV looked great for the first 3 days. I might spend the extra $300 to get the 55inch eh6000 and go ahead and ask for the free calibration. I also found a store model UN55B6000 on Amazon for $998 that I'm seriously considering.
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #460 of 2562 Old 07-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Newbie
 
LazzyWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anybody post pics of their set with the lights on and off please ?
LazzyWolf is offline  
post #461 of 2562 Old 07-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

could be and the LEDs themselves could play a role as well

I have the 50 inch EH6000. The 50'' is actually not even listed on Samsung's Website. I checked the support menu and it has firware v.1014. From what I gathered on the Samsung website the latest firware version is 1012. Could this purple issue be caused by the firware update 1014 and is only on the 50 inch eh6000 and not 55'' and 46''? Anyone with the EH600 have any of these issues?
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #462 of 2562 Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

I have the 50 inch EH6000. The 50'' is actually not even listed on Samsung's Website. I checked the support menu and it has firware v.1014. From what I gathered on the Samsung website the latest firware version is 1012. Could this purple issue be caused by the firware update 1014 and is only on the 50 inch eh6000 and not 55'' and 46''? Anyone with the EH600 have any of these issues?

For some reason I left out the "M" in Firmware.
The Geek Squad Tech that came yesterday said a Calibration would probably fix this issue. Anyone with EH6000 get it calibrated through Geek Squad?
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #463 of 2562 Old 07-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Newbie
 
Lord Bricks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
posted this in another thread where feedback for the specific model was requested but I think it would also benefit this thread..

I bought the UN55EH6050F at Costco and 9 days later the tv won't turn back on after being off overnight. Costco was AWESOME and let me return it, refunded my money and allowed me to walk away or buy something else all over again. I thought to myself, I have never had any issues with Samsung televisions in the past so this last one had to been a fluke. So I buy the same model again at Costco paying close attention to buy a different version - first one was TH01 which was manufactured in Feb. 2012, second time was CH01 which was manufactured in April 2012 - lo and behold not even 24 hours after setting up the tv (with 3 hours of successful viewing the night of unboxing mind you) the tv will not power on.

In both cases the tv has entered an endless power up/down cycle and does not respond to the remote control or the on-tv joystick. This has been the worst electronics experience ever with a manufacturer. THANKFULLY Costco is truly a great place to buy big ticket items like this as their customer service is second to none. I have not had the chance to bring back the second tv to Costco yet but I fully expect they will allow me to return it for a full refund.

Your mileage may vary but needless to say I will not be purchasing another Samsung tv for a long time.

they build better mouse traps, we build better mice..
Lord Bricks is offline  
post #464 of 2562 Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
 
jomari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

For some reason I left out the "M" in Firmware.
The Geek Squad Tech that came yesterday said a Calibration would probably fix this issue. Anyone with EH6000 get it calibrated through Geek Squad?

Yes, someone did have their set calibrated via Geek Squad.
jomari is offline  
post #465 of 2562 Old 07-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Senior Member
 
silvershark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a 55" TV and I am trying to play my movies on a usb drive that i ripped using handbrake... For some reason it doesnt recognize them...

Any ideas how i can get these to work on my new TV?
silvershark is offline  
post #466 of 2562 Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Ticmxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bricks View Post

posted this in another thread where feedback for the specific model was requested but I think it would also benefit this thread..
I bought the UN55EH6050F at Costco and 9 days later the tv won't turn back on after being off overnight. Costco was AWESOME and let me return it, refunded my money and allowed me to walk away or buy something else all over again. I thought to myself, I have never had any issues with Samsung televisions in the past so this last one had to been a fluke. So I buy the same model again at Costco paying close attention to buy a different version - first one was TH01 which was manufactured in Feb. 2012, second time was CH01 which was manufactured in April 2012 - lo and behold not even 24 hours after setting up the tv (with 3 hours of successful viewing the night of unboxing mind you) the tv will not power on.
In both cases the tv has entered an endless power up/down cycle and does not respond to the remote control or the on-tv joystick. This has been the worst electronics experience ever with a manufacturer. THANKFULLY Costco is truly a great place to buy big ticket items like this as their customer service is second to none. I have not had the chance to bring back the second tv to Costco yet but I fully expect they will allow me to return it for a full refund.
Your mileage may vary but needless to say I will not be purchasing another Samsung tv for a long time.

WOW 2 for 2 on bad Samsung sets. I'm glad Costco is good to deal with. I joined 2 weeks ago and bought a Samsung ES7150, so far so good. But Costco's 90 day return policy is sweet. I just wish they carried a few more models.

So what will you return the bad set for? Maybe a ES6150 for $280 more. Or the Panasonic LED Model TC-55LE54 for $100 less
Ticmxman is offline  
post #467 of 2562 Old 07-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomari View Post

Yes, someone did have their set calibrated via Geek Squad.

AND?!!! How does it look??????????????? SA!
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #468 of 2562 Old 07-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
 
jomari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomari View Post

Yes, someone did have their set calibrated via Geek Squad.

AND?!!! How does it look??????????????? SA!

SA? I'm assuming smart @ss?

Mr. Sulllin,did you even try searching this thread? If you did you'd probably see the details and possibly asked the owner if you liked.

sent via tapatalk 2
jomari is offline  
post #469 of 2562 Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Member
 
doggghouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

For some reason I left out the "M" in Firmware.
The Geek Squad Tech that came yesterday said a Calibration would probably fix this issue. Anyone with EH6000 get it calibrated through Geek Squad?

I had mine calibrated through Geek Squad as part of the Silver Premier membership (free!). They did a good job overall... I've been playing with the settings since then and for the most part I don't think I could do a better job myself.

Here are the important settings that should help achieve the right color balance:
Picture Mode: Movie (most important! settings behave differently depending on this)
Color Temp: Warm 2
White Balance:
Offset R, G, B: 25, 27, 25
Gain R, G, B: 12, 25, 25
Color: 48
Tint: 50/50
HDMI Black Level: Low (if you can change it... mine disables for Bluray Player)

FYI, those calibrations were done with the following brightness/contrast:
Backlight: 16 (extra bright, I have changed to 11 since)
Contrast: 98
Brightness: 43

I'm not totally convinced that this is a pure 6500K white (my colorimeter disagrees) but I haven't spent the time to tweak it on my own. I just got some calibration software working on my laptop yesterday so I'll spend some time this weekend fiddling with it.

Let us know if those settings get rid of the tint you're noticing.
doggghouse is offline  
post #470 of 2562 Old 07-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggghouse View Post

I had mine calibrated through Geek Squad as part of the Silver Premier membership (free!). They did a good job overall... I've been playing with the settings since then and for the most part I don't think I could do a better job myself.
Here are the important settings that should help achieve the right color balance:
Picture Mode: Movie (most important! settings behave differently depending on this)
Color Temp: Warm 2
White Balance:
Offset R, G, B: 25, 27, 25
Gain R, G, B: 12, 25, 25
Color: 48
Tint: 50/50
HDMI Black Level: Low (if you can change it... mine disables for Bluray Player)
FYI, those calibrations were done with the following brightness/contrast:
Backlight: 16 (extra bright, I have changed to 11 since)
Contrast: 98
Brightness: 43
I'm not totally convinced that this is a pure 6500K white (my colorimeter disagrees) but I haven't spent the time to tweak it on my own. I just got some calibration software working on my laptop yesterday so I'll spend some time this weekend fiddling with it.
Let us know if those settings get rid of the tint you're noticing.

Thanks for the settings. It helped somewhat. I still see hints of purple though. I'm going to return this set tomorrow and get the LN46D630 and save for KDL-xxHX850. From what I read the HX850 is one of the best TVs of 2012. I appreciate all the input I received regarding the EH6000.
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #471 of 2562 Old 07-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

I realize this is an old post, but I agree completely with the point you're making. Current sets are much pricier and generally worse in the PQ department, especially when comparing current edge-lit LED-LCDs to the best CCFL-LCDs of recent years (and full array LED-LCDs are pretty rare and mostly very expensive).

In the last month I've had a Samsung ES6100 which had some bad color issues and a terrible clear-coat screen which made the colors even worse, a Sony KDLBX520 which had a fair picture for a CCFL backlit LCD but had serious clouding and backlight bleed, a Panasonic UT50 which had an amazing picture, great color, and obviously no backlight issues but was just too dark for my taste and it seemed to have a lot of "dithering" , i think that's the term, and EH6000 that has a purple/violet tint to the picture no matter what settings I use, which could be only on the 50" model. (50'' with firmware v.1014.1)
So, I agree with you. Over the last two years Sony and Samsung have made some very ****** TVs. They care more about cramming these TVs with Apps and 3D rather than actually making the picture great. I'm sorry if I offend anyone but it seems to me that 85% of the TVs being made today are for idiots who care more about 3D and Internet Apps. 3D is a fad that hopefully will pass soon. It does nothing for me. I have just as many apps, maybe more, on my PS3 and Tivo and don't need 'em on my TV. I bought a UN55B6000 LED two years ago and although it did have some slight flashlighting it was very subtle and the picture was amazing! This was a series 6. I'm sure series 7 and 8 were better than mine but my mid-range TV had better PQ than most of these new "Smart TVs" their putting out today for upwards of $2500 and $3K.
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #472 of 2562 Old 07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Member
 
doggghouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

Thanks for the settings. It helped somewhat. I still see hints of purple though. I'm going to return this set tomorrow and get the LN46D630 and save for KDL-xxHX850. From what I read the HX850 is one of the best TVs of 2012. I appreciate all the input I received regarding the EH6000.

That's too bad... sounds like you may have ended up with a lemon. I'd return yours, and see if the floor model EH6000 has the same noticable purple tint. Maybe play with the settings and switch it to Movie & Warm2 for a quick calibration. If the PQ is still a bit off, then I'd recommend going with another set like you mentioned.

For what it's worth, I messed with my TV settings at lunch today, and according to my colorimeter the Geek Squad calibration was still on the blue side. I don't know if that has anything to do with the tint you're seeing... anyway, I had to drop my Blue Gain to 8 for my colorimeter to register perfect white (D65). The rest of the settings seemed fine.
doggghouse is offline  
post #473 of 2562 Old 07-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Member
 
shaggy2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denton TX (DFW Metroplex)
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I see several different calibration settings in this thread. Is there an overall consensus on what is the best for this tv?
shaggy2002 is offline  
post #474 of 2562 Old 07-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Newbie
 
cypher1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It depends a lot on your room, preferences, and lighting conditions.

Any of the calibrations posted here will probably get you into the ballpatk.

If you want a better calibration, check out the free calibration tools posted earlier in the thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1395734/official-samsung-unxxeh6000-owners-thread/420#post_22233258

And if you want it to be ideal, you're probably going to have to pay a professional for a calibration.
cypher1024 is offline  
post #475 of 2562 Old 07-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Member
 
scrambler3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher1024 View Post

It depends a lot on your room, preferences, and lighting conditions.
Any of the calibrations posted here will probably get you into the ballpatk.
If you want a better calibration, check out the free calibration tools posted earlier in the thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1395734/official-samsung-unxxeh6000-owners-thread/420#post_22233258
And if you want it to be ideal, you're probably going to have to pay a professional for a calibration.

I have received my blue filter so I completed the calibration and updated the thread referenced above.

As I now mention in the thread
I have updated the numbers below, but realize that copying someone else's calibration value is like playing Poker, the chances that they actually match your set are very slim (each TV is different). If it does not hurt to try someone else's settings, given the simplicity of this calibration process, I highly recommend to do that rather than copying someone else's settings. (even if you only do the Brigtness / Contrast / Sharpness ones)
scrambler3 is offline  
post #476 of 2562 Old 07-29-2012, 01:11 AM
Member
 
bewlaybrothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
What could cause this set to forget most of my picture settings? I just discovered this annoying condition and the only thing I've done recently is add an HD antenna. Why would that do it? I just want the same settings to be remembered and applied to all sources. (Guess I need to note them down for myself once again.)
bewlaybrothers is offline  
post #477 of 2562 Old 07-29-2012, 01:42 AM
Member
 
bewlaybrothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Discovered something potentially useful for all (don't know if it relates to my last post question):

Folks, DO NOT use the "Native" setting for video, use "Auto." I just discovered another big reason why (this was one of the settings which were forgotten without my adjusting them). When watching HD signal TV the set will actually choose the right aspect ratio - no annoying 4:3 stretching and back to 16:9 per channel as it should be. I was amazed to discover this, and pleased. It's something you see on a lot of uncalibrated sets and it's annoying.
bewlaybrothers is offline  
post #478 of 2562 Old 07-29-2012, 05:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Ticmxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewlaybrothers View Post

What could cause this set to forget most of my picture settings? I just discovered this annoying condition and the only thing I've done recently is add an HD antenna. Why would that do it? I just want the same settings to be remembered and applied to all sources. (Guess I need to note them down for myself once again.)

Each source input has its own settings. Once you enter them for a input they should be in memory till a reset.
Ticmxman is offline  
post #479 of 2562 Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 AM
Member
 
bewlaybrothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thanks, that's interesting (something I could've missed in that poorly formatted foldout map they call a manual). But I could have sworn that the settings were forgotten for my bluray player too. And what's weird is that not all the settings for the antenna or the br resorted, only some (but they were major enough to alert me).
bewlaybrothers is offline  
post #480 of 2562 Old 07-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Member
 
JOgden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Today is my second day with this TV, and so far I love it. I'm glad that I could find a back-lit LED. No flash lighting, no stuttering or juddering. The black levels are really black. I've been watching a lot of SciFi, playing Xbox 360, etc. and so far it has performed very well. I ended up buying the 60" model and it fits our large living room very well.

Here' a few photos:
NewTV-1.jpg 589k .jpg file

NewTV-2.jpg 488k .jpg file


Attached Images
File Type: jpg NewTV-1.jpg (588.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg NewTV-2.jpg (487.7 KB, 9 views)
JOgden is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030 , Samsung Ln46c630 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off