Official Samsung UNXXEH6000 Owners' Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 2566 Old 04-04-2012, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a few questions for owners of this television.

1. Has anyone tested to see if this TV has 4:4:4 chroma subsampling support?

2. Is there a PC mode?

3. How does the TV handle fast motion like in football?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 2566 Old 04-07-2012, 04:33 PM

Liked: 15
4. Isn't the EH6000 series natively a 100 hz and the EH5000 series 50hz?

5. Does this tv have 1:1: pixel mapping?

6. This could be the perfect gaming tv. I would really like to see an actual figure for the input lag for both models. Can someone please make a measurement?
post #33 of 2566 Old 04-11-2012, 08:20 AM

Liked: 11
I picked up the UN60EH6000 from best buy on Monday. So far I like it. Screen uniformity seems good. Clarity is great. Still working on the colors a bit but overall I think it's a great set. I like the picture better than the UN60D7000 actually. I haven't gotten a chance to game on it but I will either tonight or Friday night and will post an update.

Would love for someone with a calibrator to post some settings.
post #34 of 2566 Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax53 View Post

I picked up the UN60EH6000 from best buy on Monday. So far I like it. Screen uniformity seems good. Clarity is great. Still working on the colors a bit but overall I think it's a great set. I like the picture better than the UN60D7000 actually. I haven't gotten a chance to game on it but I will either tonight or Friday night and will post an update.

That is a very interesting tv, could you measure the input lag?
post #35 of 2566 Old 04-11-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...alibration.htm
post #36 of 2566 Old 04-11-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEdortheHighway View Post

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...alibration.htm

That's not a very detailed calibration. No white balance numbers, mode used, color space, tint, color tone, etc.
post #37 of 2566 Old 04-11-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruudboek View Post

That is a very interesting tv, could you measure the input lag?

I don't use the sound on the TV as I run everything through a receiver.
post #38 of 2566 Old 04-11-2012, 07:20 PM

Here are the settings I'm using now. I'm still not 100% satisfied with the color. A little pastel-ish at times. I don't have a calibrator though.

edited post as I posted updating settings here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post21937767
post #39 of 2566 Old 04-12-2012, 06:15 AM

Played some modern warfare 3 on it last night and had a great experience. Again, I don't use the sound on the TV so I can't comment on any sound lag. But I didn't notice any ghosting and thought the color was great.
post #40 of 2566 Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 AM

Here is the information about the so-called "full array" LED lighting of this TV. Samsung calls it, "direct-lit."

http://www.twice.com/article/481604-...e_For_2012.php

Quote:

Samsung formally unveiled its 2012 TV lineup here last Tuesday, but despite all of the advanced new technologies, a lineup of new midline “direct-lit” LED LCD TVs may have the biggest impact on TV unit sales in the year ahead.

The new direct-lit LED TVs are part of Samsung’s EH-model assortment, featuring screen sizes from 26 to 65 inches across four model series, all designed to give consumers a cost-effective alternative to lessenergy- efficient CCFL-based LCD TVs on mainstream selling floors.

Dave Das, Samsung TV product marketing VP, said the new direct-lit EH LED TVs will serve as a stepping stone between a narrowed assortment of entry CCFL models and higher performing Slim Line LED LCD TVs that use an edge-lighting approach that affords thinner panel depths and further improvements to picture performance.

All of the EH models will offer better power efficiency than their CCFL counterparts, as well as improved brightness and contrast, while offering roughly the same panel depth as those entry units.

(...)

All of the EH models use a so-called full array LED mounting system, where LEDs are positioned all the way across the LCD panel back plane. This has traditionally been positioned by Samsung and others as a superior form of LED technology. But Das said to reduce the price, the new sets use fewer LEDs than earlier full-array models. Samsung is not disclosing exactly how many LEDs or how many sectors of LEDs are employed.

post #41 of 2566 Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 AM

I'm interested in picking up this set but was hoping someone could confirm something for me first. I have a device I need to hook up that has DVI out for video and dual RCA out for audio. Can the UNXXEH6000 link the HDMI1 input (via DVI-HDMI cable) with the RCA audio inputs? I'm assuming so since it's labeled HDMI1(DVI) but haven't seen this confirmed in the manuals or reviews. Thanks for the help!
post #42 of 2566 Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:

Played some modern warfare 3 on it last night and had a great experience. Again, I don't use the sound on the TV so I can't comment on any sound lag. But I didn't notice any ghosting and thought the color was great.

If this is an 100hz tv with only 16 ms input lag, that would make this a very interesting tv indeed.
Do you perhaps have a pc/laptop and a crt monitor at hand and could you do an input lag test?
post #43 of 2566 Old 04-12-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:

Here is the information about the so-called "full array" LED lighting of this TV. Samsung calls it, "direct-lit."

http://www.twice.com/article/481604-...e_For_2012.php

Direct lit is much better then edge led. Barely any uniformity, clouding or flashlight issues with direct-lit.
It's beyond me why led-tv manufacturers choose to proceed with edge led instead of direct-lit.
post #44 of 2566 Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:

Direct lit is much better then edge led. Barely any uniformity, clouding or flashlight issues with direct-lit.
It's beyond me why led-tv manufacturers choose to proceed with edge led instead of direct-lit.

Because edge lit TVs are so thin!!! Duh!! Because the thickness of your TV matters so much! ... oh wait, no one gives a **** how thin your TV is.
post #45 of 2566 Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:

If this is an 100hz tv with only 16 ms input lag, that would make this a very interesting tv indeed.
Do you perhaps have a pc/laptop and a crt monitor at hand and could you do an input lag test?

I don't have a CRT but here is a lag test using just my laptop and the HDMI output: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCWIl1uKkGc

edit: I realize this only proves that the TV has a very similar response time as that of the LCD screen built into my laptop. My laptop has a pretty good screen though. It's a full HD 17" screen on an alienware m17x R3.
post #46 of 2566 Old 04-13-2012, 10:03 AM

Trying to narrow down between the 46UNEH6000 and the 46UNEH5000. Is the increase from 120 to 240 CMR worth the $100 price tag bump? I read the tv.com comparision and it made the 5k seem better than 6k, however that was with the 40" version.
post #47 of 2566 Old 04-13-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:

Because edge lit TVs are so thin!!! Duh!! Because the thickness of your TV matters so much! ... oh wait, no one gives a **** how thin your TV is.

You underestimate the impact a thin TV has on the general public. I'd be willing to wager 90% of people would rather brag to their friends about how thin their TV is rather than how their TV has .0002 fl darker blacks. I get a kick when my family comes over and sees my LCD. The first thing they do is check out how thin it is especially those that are still rockin their trustee CRTs.
post #48 of 2566 Old 04-13-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:

I don't have a CRT but here is a lag test using just my laptop and the HDMI output: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCWIl1uKkGc

edit: I realize this only proves that the TV has a very similar response time as that of the LCD screen built into my laptop. My laptop has a pretty good screen though. It's a full HD 17" screen on an alienware m17x R3.

Thanks for the input lag test, i appreciate it!
Yes, laptops screens tend to have very few input lag.
I'm trying to figure out how much the lag is, by pausing the youtube movie at different times, but i see a different figure every time. So it is difficult to determine.

By the way, have you tried to do the test with game mode on? That's usually the best mode to prevent input lag.
post #49 of 2566 Old 04-13-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the input lag test, i appreciate it!
Yes, laptops screens tend to have very few input lag.
I'm trying to figure out how much the lag is, by pausing the youtube movie at different times, but i see a different figure every time. So it is difficult to determine.

By the way, have you tried to do the test with game mode on? That's usually the best mode to prevent input lag.

I did try with game mode on I think there was zero lag. But the screen looks so bad with game mode on. I feel like there is zero lag in the test I posted too. If anything it's like 1ms.
post #50 of 2566 Old 04-13-2012, 05:22 PM

What is it about game mode that looks bad exactly? I've heard people say that. I have no choice but to use game mode on my samsung because of input lag. Also, how can setting automotion to "clear" actually produce less lag than setting it to "off"? I'm seriously curious about that.
post #51 of 2566 Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson777 View Post

What is it about game mode that looks bad exactly? I've heard people say that. I have no choice but to use game mode on my samsung because of input lag. Also, how can setting automotion to "clear" actually produce less lag than setting it to "off"? I'm seriously curious about that.

Game mode to me looks like the sharpness is jacked up all the way. Best way I can think to describe it.
post #52 of 2566 Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 PM

Can't you just turn the sharpness down?
post #53 of 2566 Old 04-14-2012, 03:54 AM

Quote:

I did try with game mode on I think there was zero lag. But the screen looks so bad with game mode on. I feel like there is zero lag in the test I posted too. If anything it's like 1ms.

I think there is another input measuring program that should give much more accurate results. It is called SMTT 2.0. It is very simple to use.
If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you be interested in having a go at a second input lag test with that software?

You can download it here:

http://smtt.thomasthiemann.com/index_en.html

Here you can find an photo of what it looks like:

http://ic.tweakimg.net/ext/i/imageno...333121317.jpeg

Could you then perhaps also try to test in game mode?
I understand that it doesn't look good, but maybe that can be corrected later on with a firmware update or perhaps some tuning of settings.
post #54 of 2566 Old 04-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi all, Everybody's being kinda quiet on this thread,,, is that because you now have
the best Tv for the money you could have gotten and everybody just left and went to
watch Tv or is it because most people who bought this Tv dont know how to opperate
a computer lol...I just got this Tv for my mom and dad who are 80 years old and I picked this one because its the easyest one for them to use. Can some people tell me how they like the EH6000 that they have so I can feel better.. Thanks Mark
post #55 of 2566 Old 04-17-2012, 04:26 PM

Wow, i'm so glad I found this thread and info on the EH6000 series. I was just about to throw in the towel on finding a TV set that could meet my picky expectations. I started originally with a direct-LED sharp 52" a few years ago but thru warranty replacements I ended up with edge lit JUNK from sharp. After multiple replacements for clouding/non-uniformity they got sick of me and gave me my money back. The last 2 weeks I've tried 2 LG 55LK520s (CCFL backlit IPS with terrible off axis blacks/contrast), a Sony 55BX520 (similar IPS and terrible off axis blacks/contrast as the LG), and a sharp LC70LE632U (direct-LED with choppy motion, ghosting on dark images, diamond pattern from the direct LED on bright scenes). I really honestly was about to give up, I need something with a non-IPS panel (for the better blacks) and either CCFL or LED backlit to satisfy my desire for something halfway uniform.

Could it really be that the Samsung EH6000 is the answer to my prayers!?!
post #56 of 2566 Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 AM

This tv should be a pretty good lookin tv by the specs, 5,000,000 to 1 contrast, backlit or directlit screen instead of edgelit. even with CMR of 240 turned off its still
a 120 HZ tv which are real strong specs.
My parents live across the country from me so im very interested in how good of a
job it does since I cant see it. There suppost to get it tuesday. Thanks Mark
post #57 of 2566 Old 04-18-2012, 08:20 PM

Actually placed my order for this set thru Amazon early this morning, then went up to best buy to check it out in person. The design and look of the set is truly amazing. After being used to years of looking at backlit TVs with large borders and ugly design, this EH series samsung is definitely a fresh new look. The bezel is just about as narrow as all the edge lit models but with the image quality of a full array unit.

At first the whites looked very dull to me at the store, but after playing with the menu settings it was clear someone had turned on one of motion settings which dimmed the brightness by ~50% (just like the televisioninfo.com review said). Also had to adjust the brightness down a bit and once I did that the black levels were very dark and rich. Can't wait for it to be delivered Friday morning. I went with the 60", but of course in the store that seems so small, we'll see how it looks in my living room!
post #58 of 2566 Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
This EH-6000 doesn't use the 'ultra-clear panel' like its 2011 equivalent, right? how's the uniformity/any clouding and/or flashlighting? it's a S-PVA panel right? off-angle viewing still bad?
post #59 of 2566 Old 04-18-2012, 08:52 PM

Sorry i'm not 100% up to speed on the Samsungs, what was the 2011 equivalent model? Did they ever offer an LED full array backlit in 2011? I thought everything was LED edge-lit. Uniformity looked great, viewing angle to me looked really good.

In fact the viewing angle is really what killed me on the 55" LG IPS that I just took back to microcenter last weekend. Everyone raves over how great IPS panels are for viewing angle, but it turns out thats only for color reproduction. IPS panels are terrible for off-axis contrast viewing (the blacks all turn greyish/white from the side). I don't get how anyone can stand this kind of artifact. Personally the uniformity issues across the screen drive me more nuts than the absolute color/black. With the IPS LG, if I moved over 3 feet on the couch a different part of the picture would start to wash out with the greyish blacks, drove me nuts. Samsung looked great, I definitely encourage you check it out at your local best buy, they should already have it or be getting it soon in your area.
post #60 of 2566 Old 04-19-2012, 06:28 AM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjaeger View Post

Sorry i'm not 100% up to speed on the Samsungs, what was the 2011 equivalent model? Did they ever offer an LED full array backlit in 2011? I thought everything was LED edge-lit. Uniformity looked great, viewing angle to me looked really good.

In fact the viewing angle is really what killed me on the 55" LG IPS that I just took back to microcenter last weekend. Everyone raves over how great IPS panels are for viewing angle, but it turns out thats only for color reproduction. IPS panels are terrible for off-axis contrast viewing (the blacks all turn greyish/white from the side). I don't get how anyone can stand this kind of artifact. Personally the uniformity issues across the screen drive me more nuts than the absolute color/black. With the IPS LG, if I moved over 3 feet on the couch a different part of the picture would start to wash out with the greyish blacks, drove me nuts. Samsung looked great, I definitely encourage you check it out at your local best buy, they should already have it or be getting it soon in your area.

The Samsung 55EH6000 is NOT full array . . . . it is EDGE lit.

Here's a review:

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...n55eh6000.html

I have a 46" Mits with S-PVA panel and a 42" LG with S-IPS panel. the Mits has a bit better black level and off axis viewing, but not by much. However, the colors, depth, and clarity or the LG are better in every way.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030 , Samsung Ln46c630 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page