post #721 of 2571 Old 10-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMaDnEsS View Post

Yes i was playing it on movie mode most of the the time with the BR at 10 and JR at 0,tried all the rgb setting on my 360,PS3,Satelite box,Blu-ray player and ofcourse the TV itself.
Played around with the Amp on Clear,Custom,and Smooth,tried my 2 year old Sony tv plays fine with every device.Went to two of my local Best buys and a HHgregs and they all are CHO1 on the box,
Made the managers bring out every box he had in the back at my local best buy,no luck..So where do i go from here i just want my new TV to play Decent,do i go with a different model or try the same one,but they all are CH01?At my local Best buy and HHgregs ,they have a Sony KDL55BX520 LED, Samsung PN60E530 Plasma, that were pretty nice and with in my price range,Don't know which to go with just
don't want these problems anymore.Wish i could find a TS02 model of this Sammy in 46 or 55 inches but none are to be found around here.Im sure this TV is amazing if you get the right panel....

I wouldn't touch the Sony BX520 with a 10ft. pole. Leave it be. It's not an LED it's CCFL. It has clouding/flashlighting and the motion resolution might as well not even be on the tv because it doesn't work. Not sure on the Plasma but with a plasma comes all the "plasma-issues" that most don't care for. If you're contemplating the BX520 you should take a look at the LN46D630 from Samsung. The only minor flaw is the AMP feature. Smooth/Standard/Custom/Off do not work. Too much juddering/stuttering. Clear is the only one that gives you good motion resolution. Better PQ than BX520 and EH6000 and it's $670.00 new. SQ01 Panel has the best viewing angles and better picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2571 Old 10-13-2012, 11:10 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1395734/official-samsung-unxxeh6000-owners-thread/660#post_22437881 (Version No: MH01)
I don't know what panel the code Mxxx refers to, but if you are willing to enter the service menu, take a pic of the home screen, and then exit by pressing the power button on the remote you can find out. As long as you don't press any buttons upon entering the SM, it should be very safe. Knowing what panel type you have could help you determine whether the viewing angle issue with your set is panel type related or not.

65L1AFOD,US,6000,NONE

Is that the right string?
post #723 of 2571 Old 10-14-2012, 06:47 AM

I found this (translated) thread about which panels are used but could not figure out what mine is.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1113353-lcd-matrices-differences-what-models-placed-34.html

So far, all I can figure out is that mine is made by AU Optronics. Right?
post #724 of 2571 Old 10-15-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyronn View Post

Just set up my new UN60EH6000.... first odd thing noticed: It's tilted back about 5 degrees on the stand. Is this normal? All screws in tight. Thx in advance.

I had the same experience with my UN60EH6050. I was getting a reflection of my ceiling lights and then realized that the TV was tilting slightly upwards. The screws were tight but it took me awhile to realize that the stand had not “snapped into” the tv and was not actually flush with the back of the tv even though the screws were tightened. Hope this helps…
post #725 of 2571 Old 10-15-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:

What do you have AMP set to? Try Clear or Custom: BR 10 and JR 0
Also, check the white sticker on the back of the TV to see what panel you have. If it doesn't start with Txxx, it's not a Samsung S-PVA and that could explain why you're having the issues you are.

yeah it says CS01. What a load of ****. I'm gonna return it does anyone have any other tv recommendations. Strictly using this thing for video games and want it to be a 46 inch screen. Also as an added note, I want in game posters to be clear and I don't want black lines to shoot off everything when there's a bright light behind it
post #726 of 2571 Old 10-15-2012, 12:10 PM
DYH

Greetings all - I have picked up some good info from this thread - thought I would share my experiences with my 60EH6000.
My set was made in Sept 2012 and is an HS01. The firmware is 1017.1 which looks to be the latest.
So far I have been very happy with my set - the colors are great as are the black levels. I am using the TV for cable and Blu-ray only, no gaming. I only have a few minor complaints with the picture - on full white or very light screens there are two darker strips maybe an inch in width down both the left and right side of the TV. The corners are also a tad darker on same white/light screens. These are not major issues for me and have not affected my enjoyment of the set.
As far as motion goes, I noticed a high variability based on the actual channel broadcast. Football broadcasts have been smooth with no issues. Most of my HD channels (through Bright House) have been good - with occasionally a channel producing some jumpy movement.
I did hook my XBOX 360 up to see if I had any issues and saw none (I tried Forza 3 and Halo Reach and both played great). I will say that the dark strip issue seemed more apparent in the short time I had my XBOX connected - probably because by default games will bring up the white screen more often than TV viewing.
I did go in and look at the main service menu screen - I did not browse into any of the menus, just checked the main TV info and then exited with the power button. This actually reset all of my picture settings on both HDMI inputs. Not a big deal, but I don't know if this was just an isolated thing (or maybe related to the firmware).
All in all I am very happy with the TV - my room was too bright for plasma so for the price the set has been great.
post #727 of 2571 Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pomaski View Post

yeah it says CS01. What a load of ****. I'm gonna return it does anyone have any other tv recommendations. Strictly using this thing for video games and want it to be a 46 inch screen. Also as an added note, I want in game posters to be clear and I don't want black lines to shoot off everything when there's a bright light behind it

I've mentioned it before earlier in this thread and I'm not trying to push anything on anyone but the LN46D630 (Samsung $650 or so) is a great CCFL LCD. Has excellent PQ that is better than the EH6000 IMO. My only complaint is motion resolution. AMP settings do not work! Clear is the only one that gets rid of juddering. Off, Smooth, Standard, and Custom have bad juddering. I have not seen any juddering/stuttering issues with games though (PS3). I've personally had many tvs over the summer (EH6000 55" and 50", ES6100 55", Panasonic UT50 55", Sony BX520, Vizio M3D550KD, and the LN46D630) and the Samsung D630 is by far the best tv overall minus the auto motion plus feature. Putting it on Clear resolves the issue though. Good Luck.
post #728 of 2571 Old 10-15-2012, 03:20 PM

Liked: 17
Really wish I had known that just entering the service menu erases pic settings (though not much else it seems ie channels etc.). Luckily I had enough documented that it's no catastrophe but if you're going in make sure you note all of yours!
post #729 of 2571 Old 10-16-2012, 01:11 PM

Having a samsung tech come over to look at the ts02 un40eh6000 soon.
post #730 of 2571 Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM

Because of the smearing.
post #731 of 2571 Old 10-16-2012, 08:14 PM

I bought the 46 on the box it says TS02. Noticed on the TV blink disc it looks like there is some unevenness/banding during the cloud pan video.

Should I return it and try again, or is this common for this TV?
post #732 of 2571 Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 47
I'm not sure how a firmware upgrade would fix smearing...
post #733 of 2571 Old 10-16-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:

normal, it bothered me at first but now it's barely noticeable... I too have the 46" EH6000 with the TS02 panel. What firmware does yours have? Mine has 1014. (You can check in the support menu under contact samsung, page 2/2)

Let's see... 1014.1

It sucks with that banding. I think it is worse on mine because there is some sort of cleaning agent on the screen that is impossible to get off. I tried cleaning it with a microfiber cloth and distilled water, but it just streaks the screen.
post #734 of 2571 Old 10-17-2012, 02:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

I'm not sure how a firmware upgrade would fix smearing...
It wont. Which is a good reminder that this is an owners forum and not an expert forum. Everything you read here should be taken as opinion and not a final answer. I would hate to see someone waiting on some magical update and then it is too late to return a bad panel.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #735 of 2571 Old 10-17-2012, 02:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkshot View Post

Let's see... 1014.1
It sucks with that banding. I think it is worse on mine because there is some sort of cleaning agent on the screen that is impossible to get off. I tried cleaning it with a microfiber cloth and distilled water, but it just streaks the screen.
If you are not happy with the tv then return it or contact Panasonic immediately. Dont let other people who have settled for bad panels tell you that defects are normal and should be tolerated.

post #736 of 2571 Old 10-17-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:

same firmware as mine (not relevant to the banding, but I was curious if you had newer firmware than me since you have the same panel)
I wouldn't try cleaning the screen as it's not actually dirty... the banding/screen non-uniformity can indeed appear as DSE (dirty screen effect) on solid colors/grays/whites. Can you take a pic or make a video of the banding? If it really bothers you, you should consider something else than the EH series. However, I'm willing to bet whatever that is will also have some issues of it's own.

Actually it is both DSE and a dirty screen. There is a soap film that can be seen when I shine a flashlight on the screen. I have already tried to clean it, just it is taking a while.
post #737 of 2571 Old 10-17-2012, 10:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yes, you are right but that applies to all posters.
Thats the only way I can translate "Everything" that you read here....

post #738 of 2571 Old 10-17-2012, 07:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I know you ended up getting the Panasonic 60" ST50 Plasma. Was that and the 60" EH6000 the only two sets you looked at or were there others?
I stuck with LED/LCD because I was originally looking at a 40" set and then opted for a 46" set instead, which just barely fits on my TV stand/in my room without the edges going over the sides of the stand and the TV leaving no room for anything else near the stand. A 50"+ plasma wasn't really an option for me, mainly because it was too big and heavy and a model like the 50" ST50 would be $1,100 or so at a local retailer for me.
As far as LED/LCD sets go, my EH6000 was the best I could find under $1,000 (paid $730 for mine at Best Buy) and I did get the best panel (Samsung S-PVA). I avoided IPS panel LGs and Panasonics since I wanted the best blacks from an LED/LCD set in this price range/screen size. I also avoided edge-lit LED models due to reasons like flashlighting, clouding, and bright spots.
With that price and the Samsung panel you did well. The EH gets a great picture if you can get a good panel. Edge lit was not an option for me either. I researched about a dozen tvs but quickly narrowed it down because of price. The 60EH and 60ST were the only 2 I took home. I have a LG47LH90 full LED that I moved to the bedroom to get something bigger in the living room. I have never had a plasma and really didnt want one but I ran across the ST and the more I looked at the specs and reviews the better it looked. It was about the only other 60" that I could afford and after the nightmare with Samsung I figured I would give it a try and if I didnt like it I could always return it (got it from Amazon). It gets as good a picture as the EH, cost less, is 3d and network capable. I love it so far. Plasmas are a little finicky but if you break it in properly and dont do anything dumb it should be as trouble free as an LED for the short term. LED is the way to go for long term reliability in my opinion (Full LED that is) but I probably wont be keeping either of these tvs for 10 years or longer really (maybe the LG as long as nothing happens to it). I got it with an extended warranty (about the same price as the EH alone) and if something happens to the plasma after 5 years I will just dump it and get something else.

post #739 of 2571 Old 10-18-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Yeah, the way I look at it, if you want a set under 50", LED/LCD is the way to go (really the only way unless you want an entry-level 1024 by 768 "720p" Plasma). For 50"/51" and up, Plasma can be a great option and the Panasonics are by far the best this year.

Are there any other LED backlit at the eh6000 price point? Manufacturers are making it hard to find out by their descriptions.
post #740 of 2571 Old 10-18-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:

BTW, what is the TV Blink Disc? Do you have a link?

http://www.tvblink.com/index.html

It is a kind of panel integrity test disc. It works, but it might be a little more effective if it was HD.
post #741 of 2571 Old 10-18-2012, 07:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkshot View Post

Are there any other LED backlit at the eh6000 price point? Manufacturers are making it hard to find out by their descriptions.
I assume you mean full LED. None that I know of. The eh is a bit of an exception really. It is the beginning of an effort by Samsung to stop making CCFL displays (standard LCD). All manufacturers are headed this way. This was big news when the eh came out and it was hyped as the "affordable" full led. Then they decided to name it "direct lit" so that it would not be confused with edge lit. What they dont advertise is that they saved cost by using fewer leds. My LG 47" full led has 1500 leds. My understanding is that the 46eh has 400 leds. This is part of why there are many complaints of screen non uniformity. The lights are too far apart so you have dark spots in between them. LED is a great tech but it has been bastardized into something of a catch phrase and a way for manufacturers to charge more for their tvs. That is why they make it so difficult to get details. Most people dont even know the difference between full and egde lit. They just see "LED" on the box and think it is a high end tv.

post #742 of 2571 Old 10-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I assume you mean full LED. None that I know of. The eh is a bit of an exception really. It is the beginning of an effort by Samsung to stop making CCFL displays (standard LCD). All manufacturers are headed this way. This was big news when the eh came out and it was hyped as the "affordable" full led. Then they decided to name it "direct lit" so that it would not be confused with edge lit. What they dont advertise is that they saved cost by using fewer leds. My LG 47" full led has 1500 leds. My understanding is that the 46eh has 400 leds. This is part of why there are many complaints of screen non uniformity. The lights are too far apart so you have dark spots in between them. LED is a great tech but it has been bastardized into something of a catch phrase and a way for manufacturers to charge more for their tvs. That is why they make it so difficult to get details. Most people dont even know the difference between full and egde lit. They just see "LED" on the box and think it is a high end tv.

Even though there are less LEDs in the EH it's still pretty damn bright for me. I've had many LED sets over the last few years and the EH was the first one that I had turn the backlight down by over half and it was still too bright for me. I think the "direct-lit" set-up is nice and can't wait for more mfrs to use "direct-lit" instead of edge-lit. Obviously "full-array" is better but more $$$. Kudos to Samsung for possibly ending uniformity issues with something that simple.
post #743 of 2571 Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I agree the EH series is plenty bright enough, even in Movie mode (nearly 50 fL in Movie mode with backlight and contrast maxed). The main benefit of more LEDs would be a more uniform screen and possibly a thinner profile (because the LEDs could be closer to the back of the LCD panel since there are more of them).
That is exactly right and very perceptive. This is the reason that the eh does not have the ultra slim profile. They had to set them farther back because there are fewer of them. It is not a brightness issue though but a uniformity issue. You could put an aircraft light in the back and it would be plenty bright. I am not saying the eh gets a bad picture. Just relaying the facts as I understand them.

post #744 of 2571 Old 10-19-2012, 03:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

Even though there are less LEDs in the EH it's still pretty damn bright for me. I've had many LED sets over the last few years and the EH was the first one that I had turn the backlight down by over half and it was still too bright for me. I think the "direct-lit" set-up is nice and can't wait for more mfrs to use "direct-lit" instead of edge-lit. Obviously "full-array" is better but more $$$. Kudos to Samsung for possibly ending uniformity issues with something that simple.
Samsung deserves no Kudos. It is not their original idea. They are doing it out of necessity because they know everyone is heading this way until OLEDs can be more refined and cost effective. They were just the first to push it into production. I think you will see several of these type by various manufacturers in 2013 and they will be more refined. If you can explain it briefly and dont mind....why have you had "many LED sets over the last few years"? I am just curious.

post #745 of 2571 Old 10-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Samsung deserves no Kudos. It is not their original idea. They are doing it out of necessity because they know everyone is heading this way until OLEDs can be more refined and cost effective. They were just the first to push it into production. I think you will see several of these type by various manufacturers in 2013 and they will be more refined. If you can explain it briefly and dont mind....why have you had "many LED sets over the last few years"? I am just curious.

Samsung sucks and they only deserve a little credit for actually making a nice uniform set like the EH Series. I'm sure other mfrs will refine this set up and direct-lit and full-array will be the norm in the near future. My first LED set was the Samsung UN55B6000. It was the last great, quality tv Samsung put out (2010). The AMP went out on it and warranty program issued a new panel. It took almost 8 weeks for the new panel to arrive only to find it was bent. After another 4 weeks Geed Squad decided to junk out my set and offer me a replacement. I ended up with the UN55ES6100. It was a terrible tv. Flashlighting and poor PQ were my biggest complaints. I returned and asked for my B6000 back but it had already been sold. I now have the Samsung D630 (CCFL) but before that I also had the LG 5700, Vizio M3D550KD, EH6000, and Samsung D6000. The D6000 had great PQ and nice blacks but flashlighting was bothersome for me. The EH was the brightest I've seen.
post #746 of 2571 Old 10-20-2012, 08:12 AM

Alright, so I've been researching the unxxeh6000, the 6100 and the Sony KDL46HX750... Based on a general consensus both here and on many other websites (excluding CNET) it seems like the 6000 is the best option out of the three (considering both price and PQ). I'm not interested in 3D or smart TV capabilities. I'm only interested in PQ. I recently purchased the un46eh6000 and am so far impressed. My Dad has a KDL40EX640 and the samsung eh6000 blows it out of the water, which is why I'm shying away from the KDL46HX750. However, I just noticed at bestbuy.com that there's a new unxxeh6030 that is 3D and WIFi enabled... It's also cheaper than the unxxeh6000... I compared the specs of both TV's and apparently the 6030 is offering 3D and WIFI along with the same internal components of the unxxeh6000, but at a cheaper price:confused:? If this is the case (unless anyone can prove me wrong) then I am returning my 6000 and buying the 6030 and putting $50 back into my pocket...
post #747 of 2571 Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawson07 View Post

Alright, so I've been researching the unxxeh6000, the 6100 and the Sony KDL46HX750... Based on a general consensus both here and on many other websites (excluding CNET) it seems like the 6000 is the best option out of the three (considering both price and PQ). I'm not interested in 3D or smart TV capabilities. I'm only interested in PQ. I recently purchased the un46eh6000 and am so far impressed. My Dad has a KDL40EX640 and the samsung eh6000 blows it out of the water, which is why I'm shying away from the KDL46HX750. However, I just noticed at bestbuy.com that there's a new unxxeh6030 that is 3D and WIFi enabled... It's also cheaper than the unxxeh6000... I compared the specs of both TV's and apparently the 6030 is offering 3D and WIFI along with the same internal components of the unxxeh6000, but at a cheaper price:confused:? If this is the case (unless anyone can prove me wrong) then I am returning my 6000 and buying the 6030 and putting $50 back into my pocket...
I really cant offer anything more than an opinion. Research the hell out of the 6030 because that juwt sounds fishy. If you are satisfied that it is a good tv then get it but make sure you have a good return policy.

post #748 of 2571 Old 10-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawson07 View Post

The EH6030 looks very similar to the EH6070. The EH6070 came out a few months ago. It's basically the same as the EH6000 but with Active 3-D and has a different bezel. I'm not sure what's exactly different about the 6030 vs. 6070 as they look identical.
post #749 of 2571 Old 10-20-2012, 10:25 AM

Nothing fishy about the eh6030. It is widely available here in the uk - whereas we can't get uk versions for the eh6000!
post #750 of 2571 Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:

How good was the 3D on the 6070? This 6030 certainly sounds tempting, assuming the 2D is as good as on the 6000. I have about a week left before the return period ends for my 6000 at BB.

I returned my 6000 got a 6030. Has a ts01 panel. Haven't had it more than an hour, so I can't comment on the display yet.

Seems to have more features. Interface looks different. Ooh, it has blue mode! HDMI ports on the rear instead of the side, USB is still on the side. Doesn't look like there is CEC. I do not think it is truly a smart TV (no apps/internet) but meh. Also don't care about 3D. Hmm... the vignetting on the corners appears to be not there? More updates later.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030 , Samsung Ln46c630 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page