Forum Jump: 

post #1081 of 2561 Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncourt View Post

Does this tv have AMP frame interpolation? Someone who has bought this tv please let us know!

It has LED Motion Plus setting which you can turn on or off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 2561 Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase700B View Post

I agree. That's a bunch of "hooey". It makes no sense that Black Friday units are produced and then held on the side only for that day or weekend.rolleyes.gif
Now that this is called out be sure that those who say these things will now look for and and post "reliable sources" ( rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif ) who will uphold such claims. This just sounds like some trumped up spin to help justify an earlier purchase for a TV and be "one up" on the rest of us. tongue.gif
It may be that some models are released in TIME for the Holiday buying season. But there is no evidence that Samsung has intentionally produced units with cheap components for just this season to bilk the buying public. Why would they want to risk their reputation?

Phase700B -

1. Best Buy salespeople will tell you, with no hesitation or remorse, that these "special" versions are made especially by Samsung for Best Buy to be sold during BF and the ensuing holiday season as it turns out.
  2. Why would Samsung produce a 55" LED 1080p 120Hz set called UN55EH6001FXZA when they've been selling basically the same television since early spring (UN55EH6000FXZA)?
  3. It's not about bilking the public. It's about competition from less expensive brands during the peak selling season. Realistically, if your average Joe (like me, for instance) with a limited budget walks into a Best Buy and sees that he can get a Samsung (normally listed at $1499) for the same $799 as the BB house brand Insignia (normally listed at $899), he'll select the Samsung every time!

I didn't make up these numbers. These are the sets and prices currently listed on the BB web site. The only 55" LED 1080p 120Hz currently cheaper than the Samsung BF model I bought is a refurbished LG for $50 less.

Samsung can't afford to risk losing sales at this time of year to Insignia, LG or any other manufacturer. So they do this "special" to make sure they don't. And I doubt their reputation will take much of a hit because the average Joe will bring the set home, plug it in and think it's great. In my case, once I resolved the "soap opera" effect by disabling Clear Motion Plus, the picture looked great. It's only because I did a little extra research (unfortunately it was after I'd already purchased the set) that I discovered there was a difference. I just need to decide if I want the slightly more expensive version with the Samsung panel or can live with the AU Optronics panel I currently have.
post #1083 of 2561 Old 11-28-2012, 10:23 PM

I just picked up one of these 55", the UN55EH6001FXZA. First, it came with the wrong base! The base has a cylindrical part but the tv has a flat rectangular (with curved corners) area where a stand should fit, but the one in my box sure won't. Second, I think it has -terrible- bleed in all four corners, like I have a giant X on the screen. If there's any color you cannot tell, but if the screen is black they are bright. In a letterboxed movie they are very obvious and obnoxious. I've played with the settings and even with the backlight and/or brightness way down the light in the corners stands out. I was looking for some second opinion on if this looks just plain wrong, like defective. I have a 60" Sony Bravia and I could maybe see a tiny faint glow in the corners if the room was totally black, unless for some reason LED-LCD's bleed more but that seems silly.

Had trouble getting a picture with my d40 so best I have is this from my cell. You can see the shape and location of the bleed through, and I'll just say it looks worse in person. wtf? I just want 52-55" with a decent screen for like 800-900; I was going to get the Sharp Aquos 52, it was 799 and no one around had one and the next day it was 1099. I bought this thinking it must be ok if its Samsung but I guess not.

That picture was with backlight at 12, brightness at 45 in movie mode with color tone to warm1.
post #1084 of 2561 Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 47
Some things to keep in mind regarding refresh rate:

LCD's don't refresh the same way CRTs do. There is no flicker with LCDs because of the sample-and-hold technique they use to display frames so there isn't a need to change the refresh rate the same way there was on CRTs.

Also, no HDTVs actually accept anything above a 60hz signal. No consoles or cable boxes can output a greater than 60hz signal either. At the moment, only 3D monitors can accept and display greater than 60hz signals.

Just because an LCD accepts a refresh other than 60hz doesn't mean its changing its own refresh rate to display it. They can use pulldown instead.

When I hook up my EH5000 to a pc with HDMI it will report that it will accept either 23, 24, 29, 59, or 60hz signals. For either 59 and 60hz signals, the TV simply displays either "@60Hz" or "/60p" depending on whether you have the input labeled as "PC". For all other refresh rates except those two, I can see that the TV leaves 4:4:4 mode and starts subsampling pixels, and it also stops reporting the refresh rate as "@xxHz" and switches to "/xxP" instead. For 29hz it reports "/30p" and for 24 or 23hz it reports "/24p".

It also doesn't report that it will accept 50hz signal, and if I try and force a 50hz signal the TV WON'T accept or display it. This all leads me to believe that the TV is using pulldown to display the different refresh rates and is not actually changing its own 60hz refresh rate.
post #1085 of 2561 Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 PM

Liked: 14
who makes the MH01 panel on this tv? It seems the 65" at Best Buy all have Version MH01.
post #1086 of 2561 Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter520 View Post

who makes the MH01 panel on this tv? It seems the 65" at Best Buy all have Version MH01.

Someone said the service menu says 65L1AF0D. It could possibly be an AU Optronics, but I won't say for sure....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
How to decrypt the designation of the matrix in the service menu example Type 40A1UF0C ?

40 - Inch
A - Vendor

A - Samsung
D - Chimei Innolux
L or R - AU Optronics
I - Chunghwa Picture Tube
Р - CMI
Н - Sharp

1 - Panel frequence

6 - 50/60Hz
1 - 100/120Hz
2 - 200/240Hz

U - Panel type

A - AntiGlare
T - TN
U - Ultra Clear

F - Resolution

F - FullHD,
H - HD ready,
U - Ulthra D

0 - generation panel /Panel 1st/2nd (1st:0, 2nd:1…)

0 -
1 -
2 -

C - BLU (BackLight Unit) - type backlight

C - CCFL,
L - LED,
D - Direct LED
E - Edge LED
post #1087 of 2561 Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Advanced Member

post #1088 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 01:38 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonetommygun View Post

wrong. This TV is for all intents and puposes a 60hz TV with a 3D mode. Also 120hz sets are not always 120hz, in fact they're probably 60hz unless you specifically use 120hz or 240hz modes. See: every computer monitor ever made.

What do you mean 'for all intents and purposes?' If it has frame interpolation it is a 120 hz tv in both 2D and 3D. There aren't any 60 hz LCD/LED sets on the market with frame interpolation.

What do you mean they are 'probably' 60 hz? Your language is laughably unclear.
post #1089 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 04:06 AM

Liked: 17
Has anyone with screen unevenness issues tried "massaging" (heh) the screen with a microfiber cloth in those areas? I'd give it a shot. Anecdotal reports out there are that it helps, of course skepticism is warranted. Can't hurt unless you apply way too much pressure or the wrong material...
post #1090 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qes27 View Post

That picture was with backlight at 12, brightness at 45 in movie mode with color tone to warm1.

Would anyone offer a second opinion if they think this amount of bleeding in the corners is absurd and defective? Or is this what one expects with an LED backlit screen (certainly hope not)?

It's an AH01 version; I forgot to write down the type code from the mute-1-8-2 menu but it was odd something-R1AFOD is what I recall. No adjustment I can make seems to improve this. I cannot fade the bleed out without darkening the entire picture far to much, and I cannot brighten it to make the whole screen more sort of washed out, the corners always stick out like a sore thumb (but only in dark scenes).

I realize this is a "cheap" TV, but what I expected was a lack of inputs and options but still a mediocre panel without a major issue like this. Instead, I can adjust white balance and gamma and a bunch of stuff that doesn't matter when the corner is glowing grey. I'm no AV expert, but I have a Sony 60", a Vizio 47" and and old 37" Olivia along with a slew of pc monitors, like four Samsung 2343's (2048x1152) and none of them are anywhere near this ridiculous. Motion on this 55" Samsung also just looks odd. It was jerking and tearing until I turned off the motion settings but it still looks "off". Sigh... I've been shopping for a while like many of you in this thread and have been looking for the right deal all week. This is miss #2. It's already boxed back up and going in the car this morning for a return visit to BB after work.
post #1091 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 06:23 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Would anyone offer a second opinion if they think this amount of bleeding in the corners is absurd and defective? Or is this what one expects with an LED backlit screen (certainly hope not)?

I'm "anyone" so I think I can comment smile.gif

IF and only IF this was the result after a careful calibration.. I'd send this back.. no repairs or further adjustments. Chalk this up as another casualty of the panel lottery.

Insert pithy comment here
post #1092 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

Answer: "no, 1080p on a 65" screen will not look as sharp as 1080p on a 40" screen."

That is the expectation I had going from the SONY 46EX400 to the Samsumg UN55EH6001.

But the UN55EH6000 model in the store had a much better image than the UN55EH6001 that I bought. So you cant completely rule out that some panels may not be as good as other panels.

Sure Samsung didn't pump out the 6001 models in a hurry. But why did they make the 6001 as late as Oct. They could have kept more inventory of the 6000 models and I bet they would have sold well even at $879. I didnt like the fact that they sold out the EH6000 models long before BF and then bought in a lot of 6001 models for BF, which had the panel no one here knew. The 6001 model is still $799 where as the 6000 model is 1299 now and only available at 1 BB store in a 30 mile radius! Why?

Not that everyone here ay AVS has OCD and are very picky. I compared the UN555EH6000 at the store and my 6001 just didnt look like that. I paid $950 after tax and protection plan and that is a not a small amount to live with a lousy image.

The store didnt display the 6001 model at all. If someone has seen them both side by side and say that both look the same, then one could argue that 6000 panels are not better than the 6001 panels. Otherwise the statistics of posts here and the returns at BB only show that the 6001 is not the same as 6000. Like I said before, there were 2 returns of the 55" 6001 model on BF. The 2 panels are not made by the same company.. So one cant argue that they are coming out of the same assembly line.

Even the same panels made by the same company can be different. Who follows the 6-sigma rule strictly? So if the 2 panels are coming from different companies, there are chances that one could be better than the other.

Keep in mind that these are like commodities made offshore with very low quality control. So we dont have to have a lot of faith that they are made to superior standards. The only goal of these companies is to make profit using cheap labor. Gone are the 80's and 90's where genuine "made in Japan" consumer electronic goods with high quality were imported into US. Those vintage items still have a lot of value. The best FM tuner is the one made back in the 80's! I have the Kenwood tuner made back in the 80's and it picks up stations even without an antenna. I got it for $25 on eBay. You just cant get the same quality from the mass market AVR's made now.
post #1093 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSide View Post

I'm "anyone" so I think I can comment smile.gif
IF and only IF this was the result after a careful calibration.. I'd send this back.. no repairs or further adjustments. Chalk this up as another casualty of the panel lottery.

I'm not sure I'd claim to have done a "careful' calibration. I didn't use light meters and special software. But I did look through the thread and try several settings suggested by others, as well as trying to adjust through the entire range of many settings. No setting brings the bleeding light down enough that I would call it ok I guess.
post #1094 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:

I just picked up one of these 55", the UN55EH6001FXZA. First, it came with the wrong base! The base has a cylindrical part but the tv has a flat rectangular (with curved corners) area where a stand should fit, but the one in my box sure won't.

The stand is comprised of two parts that have to be attached first to one another and then to the rear of the panel while it's laying flat. The two parts are the base and the part that attaches to the base and to the panel. There should also be 8 screws in a plastic bag. It sounds like maybe your box didn't have the part that attaches to the rear of the TV. My packing materials also included a QCR code that you can scan with a smartphone that launches a video instruction on assembling the stand. Clever little innovation.
post #1095 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

The 6001 model is still $799 where as the 6000 model is 1299 now and only available at 1 BB store in a 30 mile radius! Why?

Mupi - as of last night, BB was offering the 6000 model for 998.99. I just checked the BB web site again and now it's showing as sold out, but a phone call or a trip to the store may result in their locating one for you. It's how I was able to find a 6001 when those were showing as sold out and it's what I plan to do to replace my 6001 with the 6000 model.

I also just checked Froogle, which does now confirm the 1299 price you state. But I also saw that AllTimeTVs, which has a 5-star seller rating on Froogle, is also carrying it for $998 and free shipping. My bet is that BB would gladly match the price rather than take back your 6001 and also lose a sale.

Good luck.
post #1096 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i just want to say thanks to yall on this thread. i was dead set on getting a $799 UN55EH6001FXZA. after reading all the complaints and the different panels i decided to get an LG 55" led on walmart website for the same price. i saw it on display at sams club and i thought it looked good.
post #1097 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daalchemist View Post

Thanks Chicolom. The reason i thought it was 60hz is that samsung website says in their spec sheet that : 120Hz Panel refresh rate (in 3D mode).
http://www.samsung.com/us/system/consumer/product/un/55/eh/un55eh6030fxza/7946_LED_55_6030_V7.pdf.pdf
They don't mention this for any other tv. From, what i have read: A 3D television displays two different images, seemingly simultaneously. Since they can't truly display them simultaneously, the TV has to switch back and forth between left and right images. This effectively doubles the necessary refresh rate.
Is there a way to find out the refresh rate?

According to the specs it also says, Full HD 1080p (in 2D mode). What does this mean? That the 3D mode won't have Full HD 1080p?

Also I was reading other manufacturers specs and all of them do 60Hz for 1080p, even though 120Hz and 240Hz is mentioned.
post #1098 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny-zed View Post

The stand is comprised of two parts that have to be attached first to one another and then to the rear of the panel while it's laying flat. The two parts are the base and the part that attaches to the base and to the panel. There should also be 8 screws in a plastic bag. It sounds like maybe your box didn't have the part that attaches to the rear of the TV. My packing materials also included a QCR code that you can scan with a smartphone that launches a video instruction on assembling the stand. Clever little innovation.

Interesting. There was definitely no second part or any screws with mine. I kept searching through the box dumbfounded for about 15 minutes before giving up and accepting that somehow they didn't even get the appropriate stand or parts into the box. I don't want to think about what's screwed up inside the TV if they can't even package it right. I'd love to try another of the same model and see if the bleeding corner light was less, but I got the last one of these in a 100 mile radius.
post #1099 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 AM
DYH

That looks ridiculous (the bleeding in qes27's corners). I have a 60EH6000 and I am amazed at the black levels of my TV and the black screens are uniform - I was just looking at the low prices of the 600x models that have come out and thinking how I paid a bit more - but based on what everyone is saying about the new models I am definitely glad I got a 6000.
post #1100 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 AM

Liked: 11
You know, if there is something to this panel lottery and certain TV manufacturers putting inferior panels in their holiday season TVs, that's really dissapointing. I'm not naive--I know they'd rather sell a cheap TV for cheap than an expensive TV for cheap. But you'd think that companies like Samsung would try harder to protect their brand. If they sell a ton of junk TVs people are going to think their brand is junk. It won't matter when the person bought it--if it says "Samsung" on it and it's clearly a piece of junk, people are going to stop respecting the brand.

Are there any brands out there that DON'T do this stuff? I'm considering going with Sony on the (completely unconfirmed) suspicion that they would protect their brand more.
post #1101 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwener View Post

You know, if there is something to this panel lottery and certain TV manufacturers putting inferior panels in their holiday season TVs, that's really dissapointing. I'm not naive--I know they'd rather sell a cheap TV for cheap than an expensive TV for cheap. But you'd think that companies like Samsung would try harder to protect their brand. If they sell a ton of junk TVs people are going to think their brand is junk. It won't matter when the person bought it--if it says "Samsung" on it and it's clearly a piece of junk, people are going to stop respecting the brand.
Are there any brands out there that DON'T do this stuff? I'm considering going with Sony on the (completely unconfirmed) suspicion that they would protect their brand more.

Most people don't know about the panel lottery. And judging by the 32 "customer" reviews so far of the now infamous BF special UN55EH6001FXZA, the Samsung brand seems intact, at least for now. 27 out of 32 would recommend to a friend. 28 out of 32 give it either 5 or 4 stars. People who value quality and consistency above price are more likely to do the extra research and will ultimately pay a little more but be just as satisfied. People who simply want a great deal will more likely rave about it because they are tickled at how much money they saved.

That being said, I'm considering posting a review on BB's web site with a caveat emptor message. Not that my set is terrible by any means, but I just think consumers should be informed that there is a difference and that there is a choice (with the tradeoff being price of course). The only problem is that these sets will essentially be gone after the holidays so people looking for TVs once January rolls around will not likely be able to read any reviews of this transient model.

In the meantime, someone shopping for a reasonably-priced LED television will walk into my local BB over the next several days and will be thrilled to discover an open box UN55EH6001FXZA (i.e. the set I'm returning) priced at even less than the advertised $799. Their head will likely explode with joy and they will write a review of the exact same set I had previously bought exclaiming how awesome it is, especially since they bought it so cheap. And everyone will be happy, me included.
post #1102 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:

What do you mean 'for all intents and purposes?' If it has frame interpolation it is a 120 hz tv in both 2D and 3D. There aren't any 60 hz LCD/LED sets on the market with frame interpolation.
What do you mean they are 'probably' 60 hz? Your language is laughably unclear.

that's the thing genius, it does NOT have frame interpolation, there is no AMP on this set, and LED motion plus just dims the backlight for all i can tell, it does nothing different. the only thing 120hz about this set is the fact that it has 3D (which requires 120hz). By "probably" i meant most TVs are running at 60hz refresh rate no matter what chicolm says, and the only time they don't is when special processing is activated (3D, AMP, etc.). Of course the only way to know for sure is to test it, but i doubt anyone has. If TVs natively ran at 120hz they would easily be able to work as gaming monitors for PCs, no? So really, your reply was itself laughable.
post #1103 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:

Most people don't know about the panel lottery. And judging by the 32 "customer" reviews so far of the now infamous BF special UN55EH6001FXZA, the Samsung brand seems intact, at least for now. 27 out of 32 would recommend to a friend. 28 out of 32 give it either 5 or 4 stars. People who value quality and consistency above price are more likely to do the extra research and will ultimately pay a little more but be just as satisfied. People who simply want a great deal will more likely rave about it because they are tickled at how much money they saved.
That being said, I'm considering posting a review on BB's web site with a caveat emptor message. Not that my set is terrible by any means, but I just think consumers should be informed that there is a difference and that there is a choice (with the tradeoff being price of course). The only problem is that these sets will essentially be gone after the holidays so people looking for TVs once January rolls around will not likely be able to read any reviews of this transient model.
In the meantime, someone shopping for a reasonably-priced LED television will walk into my local BB over the next several days and will be thrilled to discover an open box UN55EH6001FXZA (i.e. the set I'm returning) priced at even less than the advertised $799. Their head will likely explode with joy and they will write a review of the exact same set I had previously bought exclaiming how awesome it is, especially since they bought it so cheap. And everyone will be happy, me included.

Or, perhaps 1080p monitors from reputable brands generally look excellent when fed an HD source.

The descriptors folks are using in this thread: "lousy" "fuzzy" a picture "tearing" apart seem like exaggeration and hyperbole. What are the odds of avs posters in particular, being hit with bad panels all at once while most everyone else receives a fantastic panel? That seems unlikely. The most likely explanation is that avs posters are explicitly SEARCHING FOR, EXAGGERATING OR EVEN IMAGINING faults in their new tv's.

Notice there are no photos of these fuzzy, lousy, or torn pictures. This is all subjective perception which cannot be perceived among 99.99% of consumers who bought the same tv's and surprisingly, aren't fretting for hours days weeks on end on an internet forum.

edit: to put it another way, if you're going to accuse consumers who disagree with your opinion and enjoy these tv's of being non-discerning, then be prepared for another possible interpretation: perhaps you are too anxiety ridden and negative to enjoy your great tv set, and therefore are predisposed, and perhaps even on a mission to find, or even invent problems with your tv.

What's good for those goose...
Noubourne likes this.
post #1104 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 01:09 PM

Well, there has been a photo or two posted from other members, but as I've said, my picture looks fine.

In my case, it's a matter of simply wanting the "standard" Samsung model as opposed to what I believe is a cheaper version made specifically for Black Friday that may or may not be built using inferior components. I wanted and bought a Samsung because I equate Samsung with quality. I didn't know at the time that I was buying a one-off model and I'm simply not as comfortable with it as I would be knowing I bought the "standard" model that's been available since early 2012 and will still be available in 2013. If I really only wanted the cheapest set, I'd be OK with my purchase, but I'm willing to spend an extra couple of hundred bucks to gain a little peace of mind.
post #1105 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:

Well, there has been a photo or two posted from other members, but as I've said, my picture looks fine.
In my case, it's a matter of simply wanting the "standard" Samsung model as opposed to what I believe is a cheaper version made specifically for Black Friday that may or may not be built using inferior components. I wanted and bought a Samsung because I equate Samsung with quality. I didn't know at the time that I was buying a one-off model and I'm simply not as comfortable with it as I would be knowing I bought the "standard" model that's been available since early 2012 and will still be available in 2013. If I really only wanted the cheapest set, I'd be OK with my purchase, but I'm willing to spend an extra couple of hundred bucks to gain a little peace of mind.

This is a figment of your imagination. Which components are you speaking of?

As far as panels, samsung sources different suppliers for their 'regular' lines as well. You'll be back to square one.

And what if your samsung panel has evidence of some of the well known lcd/led issues?

My sense is that many of those complaining will simply never be satisfied with their tv purchase. If so, as I have suggested before, it's due to personal issues with anxiety, negativity and OCD rather than with supposedly defective panels or 'inferior' components.

Reading this board is as much about a projection of psychological issues as it is of tv tech, if not more so.
post #1106 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:

This is a figment of your imagination. Which components are you speaking of?

It doesn't matter. It goes back to the question of if and how they cut costs in order to produce this "special" edition. I have no idea one way or the other.

Quote:

And what if your samsung panel has evidence of some of the well known lcd/led issues?

Then I'll return it and buy a plasma! LOL!

Quote:

If so, as I have suggested before, it's due to personal issues with anxiety, negativity and OCD rather than with supposedly defective panels or 'inferior' components.
Reading this board is as much about a projection of psychological issues as it is of tv tech, if not more so.

You have a point there. Better re-up my meds. Seriously, though, you are right in that there is nothing evidential here, nor are there any guarantees that the standard set will look better. I do wish I had more substantive knowledge or information to contribute on the technical front and I also think this topic has pretty much run its course. Someone previously thought I made some good points. I'll just leave it at that. Looking foward to the ongoing discussions carried forth on this thread whether I participate in them or not.
post #1107 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

It's really a very simple concept to understand... BF models are not the standard, year-round models offered at a substantial discount. They are cheaper models that cost less and are sold at regular price..

You didn't answer my questions: What is the source for your information? Are you speculating?

It's OK to speculate, but some readers may interpret your posts as fact. Yes it is possible that they would use cheaper components, but it's also possible that they do not.

Again, what might be happening is that stores like Best Buy want to advertise deep discounts on Black Friday. But they don't want other stores to price match their sales. And Samsung may not want other stores to price match them. So they give them a special black friday model. I think the same thing is going on with the Costco 6050 models. Samsung may not let them advertise a low price unless they have their own unique model. I'm not stating this as fact, I'm speculating:)
post #1108 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 04:58 PM

It appears as if a member of this forum took to writing a review on the bestbuy tv:

I purchased this TV thinking I was getting a great deal on a 120Hz TV that was also 3D capable.
The advertising is very deceiving. This TV is only 120 Hz for 3D mode. It is 60 Hz in 2D!!!
See confirmation from Samsung below:
"Your Issue ID for this chat is XXXXXXXXXX.
Princess: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How can I help you today?
You: What is the panel refresh rate in 2d for the UN46EH6030?
You: The spec sheet does not say for 2d. It says "120Hz Panel refresh rate (in 3D mode)"
Princess: Please give me a few minutes while I check on it.
Princess: It's 240Hz.
You: I saw that that was the clear motion rate, but that is different from the actual panel refresh rate.

Princess: Let me correct my information that I gave you. The default refresh rate is 60Hz.
Princess: We have not heard from you. Do you wish to continue the chat?
Princess: It appears that you have been away from your computer for an extended period of time or that your questions have already been answered. To assist another customer who has been waiting, I need to close our chat conversation. I apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any further queries, please contact us again through Live Chat with the ticket ID XXX."

Oddly, someone on this forum contradicts this claim and states that the tv has led motion plus, which I understand is only available on 120 hz tv's on up.
post #1109 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1262
I purchased a 6050 model. 60". The panel is made by Sharp going by the info in this thread. I've owned it for two months now and I'm happy to say I have no complaints.
No clouding issues or any other issues. The PQ is very very good. I use this in my man cave in the basement along with my stereo gear for watching movies. Yes, there
are people who are happy with this TV. I have a calibrated 50" Panasonic 3D TV upstairs so I know what good PQ looks like. I'm actually quite thrilled with it for the price I paid.
Just thought I'd throw in a happy post.

Denon AVR4311CI
Magnepan 2.7QR's w/ MGCC3 Center
(2) Polk RT15i
(2) Sonotube Subs with 18" Stereo Integrity D4 Drivers
Behringer NU3000 & NU4-6000 Amps
Panasonic DMP-BDP210 - Projector: BenQ W1070
Panamax M5400-PM
60" Samsung TV
WDTV Live & Minix Neo X7
Some audio history: https://skydrive.live.c...
post #1110 of 2561 Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckIam02 View Post

I love the complaints about the BF Special Sammy 6001, come on people that model wasnt even out the BB shelves before BF. It is literally the same tv as the 6000 which has easily the highest return rate of the Samsung brand and the lowest customer satisfaction ratings. Th crappy picture is pretty noticeable even in store, which is why I always push people towards plasma. And ill tell you what Ive learned....people are stubborn. All they care about is a cheap price, popular brand name, and overall sexy tv (i mean who cares about something as pq anyway?) The Panasoni U50 has a better picture than even the Samsung 7100 lets be real here

Where is this information?

I am just boggled by the complete lack of sources in this discussion. NO ONE has a link, photo, anything to support their claims.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030 , Samsung Ln46c630 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page