Forum Jump: 

Old 04-20-2012, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by surma884 View Post

Does anyone seem to have a problem with the HDMI ports being on the side?

As djjaeger noted, they're significantly recessed from the edge, so I haven't found it to be a problem at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 11:13 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjaeger View Post

I was worried about this too, but since they're recessed in quite a bit from the edge of the TV, being on the side isn't a problem (aka wires not hanging out the side etc). I can take a picture of that later tonight if you want.

Cool...would appreciate it if you could take a pick. I'll search for some until then.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just a reminder, guys, that televisioninfo.com actually preferred the picture quality of the EH5000 over that of the more expensive EH6000:

I diddnt really understand that when I read it. How can a 60 Hz tv (EH5000) be better
Then a 120 Hz tv (EH6000)? The only thing I can think it might be is both of those
tvs were 40 inch. It has to make a big difference the bigger the tv gets wouldnt you
think?
djjaeger, I think that tv looks sweet! and I agree with everybody about having your
online movies (netflix,cinama now,,,,,) all seperate from the tv,it seems easyer to
just be able to plug them into your stereo that way, and I also disagree with the guy
that said a 3 way HDMI switch would degragate your picture quality. I does not and
their 30 bucks....
Old 04-20-2012, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Cool...would appreciate it if you could take a pick. I'll search for some until then.

Here are some good photos--the HDMI ports are just to the left of the recessed square on the back:

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...to-Gallery.htm
Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:

True, but EH5000 isn't available in the larger sizes (only up to 46" from what I can tell on the sammy website). I also noticed a 6050 series which looks the same as the 6000 but with the touch of color (redish) frame.

All 3 EH Models, EH5000, EH5300 and EH6000 are going to have a 50" option sometime in June, possibly May. In addition, David Katzmaier's Cnet table for all 2012 tv models compared lists a 65" EH6000 as TBD. I would assume there will be a 50" version of the EH5050 as well for the warehouse stores.

A number of sites are already taking pre-orders for the 50" versions of all 3 models.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEdortheHighway View Post

All 3 EH Models, EH5000, EH5300 and EH6000 are going to have a 50" option sometime in June, possibly May. In addition, David Katzmaier's Cnet table for all 2012 tv models compared lists a 65" EH6000 as TBD.

A number of sites are already taking pre-orders for the 50" versions of all 3 models.

50"? pssh
Old 04-20-2012, 11:25 AM

anyone know if the screen finish of eh5000 and eh6000 its equal? (in the middle from matte and crystal), i really like it in djjaeger's image

for the owners.... do you notice a dark spot in the edge during normal vision?

how about clouding, banding, light bleeding? (and other bad uniformity issue like in edge led )
Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthstar View Post

Just a reminder, guys, that televisioninfo.com actually preferred the picture quality of the EH5000 over that of the more expensive EH6000:

I diddnt really understand that when I read it. How can a 60 Hz tv (EH5000) be better
Then a 120 Hz tv (EH6000)? The only thing I can think it might be is both of those
tvs were 40 inch. It has to make a big difference the bigger the tv gets wouldnt you
think?

According to the review of the EH6000, there were motion artifact issues that weren't present with the lower refresh rate of the EH5000. But aside from the motion issues related to the motion interpolation functions of the 120Hz model, the televisioninfo.com reviewer also thought that other aspects of picture quality--contrast, color accuracy, viewing angle, etc.--were better on the EH5000. Sounds like he was a bit surprised at that result, also.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aracnoz View Post

anyone know if the screen finish of eh5000 and eh6000 its equal? (in the middle from matte and crystal), i really like it in djjaeger's image

how about clouding, banding, light bleeding? (and other bad uniformity issue like in edge led )

To my eyes, the screen finishes of the EH5000 and EH6000 were the same (I had them both, at one point). Also, they are both identified as being the same version--TS02--which may indicate that they use similar panels. The EH5300 I had (yes, I tried all 3 ) was a different version and, to my eyes, the finish looked a bit more matte than on the 5000 and 6000.

Also, I have not noticed any significant darkness on the edges or in the corners, clouding, banding, light bleeding, or any other uniformity issues. However, I haven't performed any special tests using black, white, striped, or checkerboard slides, etc.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:56 AM

Liked: 24
Has anyone with an EH5000 or EH6000 looked to see the panel part number and look it up on panelook.com? From what I see Samsung uses mostly S-PVA panels.

I would expect the EH6000 is one part number (120HZ) and the EH5000 is another (60HZ).

Could any present owners peak behind the grill slots in the back or somehow find and post the LCD panel number for each. It would be great to find out more specific detailed specs to see why the EH5000 may have a better PQ than the EG6000.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Yea Thread Starter, Thing about it is nobody here seems to have those problems
on their tvs. you would think somebody here would have said something about
it, but they havent..... Thats a good sign Mark
Old 04-20-2012, 03:51 PM

djjaeger

I attached 2 images, if you could take some shots of them in dark room. You will need to use M mode on your camera, I looked in exif in your shots and your sony WX10 is able to, I dont know if you are familiar with settings.

black test - 1s and also something like 5s exposure (stand will be needed here)
grey test - try 1/25s - this will show banding and backlight uniformity problems if any.

Thank you

Old 04-20-2012, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

Does anyone seem to have a problem with the HDMI ports being on the side?

I'd recommend using some right-angle HDMI adaptors with those sockets, available from monoprice.com
Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Here you go, hope this helps regarding the port placement
LL
LL
LL
Old 04-21-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek_k View Post

djjaeger

I attached 2 images, if you could take some shots of them in dark room. You will need to use M mode on your camera, I looked in exif in your shots and your sony WX10 is able to, I dont know if you are familiar with settings.

grey test - try 1/25s - this will show banding and backlight uniformity problems if any.

Thank you

Sure thing, i'll try to get this for you tonight or tomorrow night.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aracnoz View Post

On very bright scenes or in some of the solid color tests I can notice just a tiny amount of darkness in each of the 4 corners but it seems to be very uniform. I may also have a very very very gentle light spot on the left side of the set. I'll take some more photos of that in the evening when it gets dark (too many windows in my living room to do this during daylight)
Old 04-21-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase700B View Post

Has anyone with an EH5000 or EH6000 looked to see the panel part number and look it up on panelook.com? From what I see Samsung uses mostly S-PVA panels.

I would expect the EH6000 is one part number (120HZ) and the EH5000 is another (60HZ).

Could any present owners peak behind the grill slots in the back or somehow find and post the LCD panel number for each. It would be great to find out more specific detailed specs to see why the EH5000 may have a better PQ than the EG6000.

Does anyone know how to get into the service menu? I tried the info+menu+mute+power sequence I read somewhere else and didn't seem to work (tried both pushing all 4 keys at once and doing them one at a time). I saw on other fourms that the panel info can be found there, which would be easier for me than taking the tv off the mount to look thru the grille.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know how to get into the service menu? I tried the info+menu+mute+power sequence I read somewhere else and didn't seem to work (tried both pushing all 4 keys at once and doing them one at a time). I saw on other fourms that the panel info can be found there, which would be easier for me than taking the tv off the mount to look thru the grille.

It should work. But you need to press them one by one and you have to be quick.(And TV must be in standby)

Here is some description . Ignore the sticker identification method , the info is no longer available. Entering service menu will reset all TV settings to default(at least it reset on B and D models).

I am really interested what panels are in these "low end" models
Old 04-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax53 View Post

Check your facts, that review is completely wrong. That's not even what the TV looks like. I linked and quoted an article earlier:

http://www.twice.com/article/481604-...e_For_2012.php

Samsung's Dave Das also said........"to reduce the price, the new sets use fewer LEDs than earlier full-array models."
Old 04-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Just took delivery of my UN60EH6000, i've only had 15min with it but so far i'm very impressed. Here's some quick shots of the set and my setup. The screen is definitely not perfectly matte, but its no super glossy either, its somewhere in between (keep in mind I have windows all along the side of my living room and I didn't even bother closing the blinds. Screen uniformity looks reasonable to me so far in the daylight, i'll run some more tests and WOW calibrations later tonight. Definitely was surprised at how small the box turned out to be (The other brown box in the shot is the Sharp LC70LE632U thats going back to sears)

If anyone wants me to measure anything or take specific images please let me know and i'll be glad to oblige. I finally think after multiple TVs and returns this EH6000 direct-lit LED is going to meet my standards!

nice pix, u have a gr8 space and white wall behind set to take advantage of bias-lighting!

Old 04-21-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitar1963 View Post

Samsung's Dave Das also said........"to reduce the price, the new sets use fewer LEDs than earlier full-array models."

You dont need to many of them , unless you dont want to shut down(or decrease) backlight in very small areas. This is not the case with EH series so all you need is few leds for uniform backlight. Same as you needed only few CCFLs few years ago.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:19 PM

Liked: 24
Quote:

You dont need to many of them , unless you dont want to shut down(or decrease) backlight in very small areas. This is not the case with EH series so all you need is few leds for uniform backlight. Same as you needed only few CCFLs few years ago.

I agree and this is as much as Samsung has stated. They are essentially updating the mid priced CCFL TVs with LED back lighitng.

And with a proper diffusion panel behind the LED matrix and newer high emmisive LEDs fewer are requited I would think.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:

Here you go, hope this helps regarding the port placement

Cool...thanks for the pics.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:42 PM

Here's some images of the cross-hair:

Quote:

djjaeger

Thank you

LL
LL
LL
LL
Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 PM

And a few of the grey. The 1/25th shot i'm certain about, the auto shot i may have switched with one of the white solid backgrounds, they looked very similar.

Quote:

djjaeger

Thank you

LL
LL
Old 04-22-2012, 08:14 AM

Just noticed that Frys has an insane deal on this TV starting today (local stores only). Take a look on their website if you happen to have a Frys nearby, details posted in the "LCD Deals" sub-forum
Old 04-22-2012, 08:51 AM

Does the EH Series have a swivel stand?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badvideo View Post

Does the EH Series have a swivel stand?

No, unfortunately. I just put some felt pads under it though. Slides nice on my glass stand
Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

does it have a D-sub connect for PC?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

from the test images Djj posted it appears there are banding/clouding/uniformity issues, albeit slight, but still there nonetheless.

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030 , Samsung Ln46c630 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black