Official Samsung UNXXEH6000 Owners' Thread - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1441 of 2567 Old 12-21-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewlaybrothers View Post

HDMI black level is inoperative in Movie Mode because IIRC the set is regulating the video levels at their widest. I think this is optimal based on many different settings I've tried.
As for Film Mode, it will only function if you're using an -i / interlaced signal like 1080i. This is my visual preference over Samsung's AMP because I think it allows more consistent de-interlacing by the set and better frame pulldown, so I set my blu-ray player to it also. If you switch to most antenna or cable/satellite HD you'll likely notice Film Mode enabled there since those sources are rarely progressive.

I'd rather watch Blu-ray Disc movies at their native 1080/24p instead of converting it to 1080/60i. It can be helpful though for watching Netflix Streaming or DVDs without 2:3 pulldown on a 120Hz set (since devices like the PS3 output those in 1080/60p only, not 1080/24p).


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1442 of 2567 Old 12-21-2012, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by smp0887123 View Post

Does anyone know how to perform a firmware update on this thing?
Also was is the most current up to date version?

depends on your specific set (model number)

check the support section of the Samsung website

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #1443 of 2567 Old 12-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Member
 
bewlaybrothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewlaybrothers View Post

HDMI black level is inoperative in Movie Mode because IIRC the set is regulating the video levels at their widest. I think this is optimal based on many different settings I've tried.
As for Film Mode, it will only function if you're using an -i / interlaced signal like 1080i. This is my visual preference over Samsung's AMP because I think it allows more consistent de-interlacing by the set and better frame pulldown, so I set my blu-ray player to it also. If you switch to most antenna or cable/satellite HD you'll likely notice Film Mode enabled there since those sources are rarely progressive.

I'd rather watch Blu-ray Disc movies at their native 1080/24p instead of converting it to 1080/60i. It can be helpful though for watching Netflix Streaming or DVDs without 2:3 pulldown on a 120Hz set (since devices like the PS3 output those in 1080/60p only, not 1080/24p).

Unfortunately my BR player wants to try and output everything in 24p after playing a disc which supports that mode, and it looks terrible for everything but BR discs because the TV is "frame jerking." So selecting 1080i and film mode is the best compromise I have. I wonder if other players switch more intelligently.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bewlaybrothers is offline  
post #1444 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Newbie
 
checkingthingso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I'm thinking about buying an EH6000 because I don't care about the smart features or 3D. Two questions:

1.) Is the panel for the EH6000 better or worse than the EH6100?

2.) What is the difference between the 6000, 6003, and the 6030 model?


I have a htpc (7 TB) and a boxee box so that's what I'll be watching most of my shows on.
checkingthingso is offline  
post #1445 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Newbie
 
cathicool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi
I am new to this forum! I've got a few questions:

I just purchased a samsung uh46eh6000, version cs01. Does anyone know if the 46" size has a different version available--like the Txxx version? I've read the first 20 pages of this thread and would like a Txxx version, but so far, it seems that everyone who has posted about their 46" size has the CS01 version. I will go back to BB to try and get the Txxx version if it exist in the 46" size. I really wanted the SPVA panel.

I also purchased a Panasonic TC-L47E50. I bought both tv's for the same price.

I will be using the tv exclusively for gaming....I'm thinking the Samsung is the better TV. Anyone disagree?


Thanks!!!!
cathicool is offline  
post #1446 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Member
 
nwener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathicool View Post

Hi
I am new to this forum! I've got a few questions:
I just purchased a samsung uh46eh6000, version cs01. Does anyone know if the 46" size has a different version available--like the Txxx version? I've read the first 20 pages of this thread and would like a Txxx version, but so far, it seems that everyone who has posted about their 46" size has the CS01 version. I will go back to BB to try and get the Txxx version if it exist in the 46" size. I really wanted the SPVA panel.
I also purchased a Panasonic TC-L47E50. I bought both tv's for the same price.
I will be using the tv exclusively for gaming....I'm thinking the Samsung is the better TV. Anyone disagree?
Thanks!!!!

I think the panel types are mainly controlled by the manufacture date. At this point most new 46EH6000s will have the CS panel. You can either go on the hunt for a new set that was made a while ago (could be difficult to find that), or you could consider the EH6030. That has 3D and, as far as I've seen, a Samsung panel. I believe that Samsung started manufacturing the 6030 and switched the manufacturer for the 6000 panel over to Chi Mei.

The 6030 is supposed to be the exact same as the 6000, although there is some confusing issue as to whether the 6030 is truly 120 hz when viewing content in 2D. I still haven't seen a definitive answer on that.
nwener is offline  
post #1447 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Member
 
Dellamorte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So here's some pictures showing how bad the off-angle viewing is on the EH6000:


The first picture is looking at the TV straight on and the rest are all at an angle.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




- I was also told by a seasoned retail employee that products that are on sale right before/on Black Friday are of lesser quality and are given to the stores specifically for BF sales. She told me to return the TV and get the exact same model and it will be better quality.

I originally bought the TV on 11/20 at a Target Pre-BF sale.

What do you think? Should I take her advice and return it?
Is there a way to fix the poor off-angle viewing for this TV or am I stuck looking at a washed out picture? I've already turned down my gamma to -1.
Dellamorte13 is offline  
post #1448 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwener View Post


The 6030 is supposed to be the exact same as the 6000, although there is some confusing issue as to whether the 6030 is truly 120 hz when viewing content in 2D. I still haven't seen a definitive answer on that.

It's similar in some ways but definitely not exactly the same. I have the UN46EH6030 (TS01) currently (decided to keep it) and had the UN46EH6000 (TS02) before.

Differences include:

-6030 doesn't have AMP but 6000 does

-6030 does 3D but 6000 doesn't

-6030 may 60Hz in 2D mode while 6000 is 120Hz

-6030 has deeper blacks and more accurate colors than the 6000

-6030 has a clearer image with fast motion and so fast moving content looks better on it (like HD console games)

-the menu system is more like the ES series models on the 6030 while the 6000 uses a more basic menu system (with features like RGB only mode and Natural pic mode on the 6030)... just like on the EH5300

-6030 has N/D modes (CAL-NIGHT and CAL-DAY) that can be activated in the SM, but 6000 does not


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #1449 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellamorte13 View Post

So here's some pictures showing how bad the off-angle viewing is on the EH6000:
The first picture is looking at the TV straight on and the rest are all at an angle. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




what pic mode and backlight setting are you using in those pics?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #1450 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewlaybrothers View Post

Unfortunately my BR player wants to try and output everything in 24p after playing a disc which supports that mode, and it looks terrible for everything but BR discs because the TV is "frame jerking." So selecting 1080i and film mode is the best compromise I have. I wonder if other players switch more intelligently.

you should check the setting for 24p output from your BR player... it should be set to an 'automatic' setting as opposed to one that forces 24p output for everything


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #1451 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Member
 
Dellamorte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

what pic mode and backlight setting are you using in those pics?

It's in Movie Mode and backlight is at 13.

EDIT: Never mind, it was at 20. 13 looks much better.
Dellamorte13 is offline  
post #1452 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Member
 
johnny hotsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

It's similar in some ways but definitely not exactly the same. I have the UN46EH6030 (TS01) currently (decided to keep it) and had the UN46EH6000 (TS02) before.
Differences include:
-6030 doesn't have AMP but 6000 does
-6030 does 3D but 6000 doesn't
-6030 may 60Hz in 2D mode while 6000 is 120Hz
-6030 has deeper blacks and more accurate colors than the 6000
-6030 has a clearer image with fast motion and so fast moving content looks better on it (like HD console games)
-the menu system is more like the ES series models on the 6030 while the 6000 uses a more basic menu system (with features like RGB only mode and Natural pic mode on the 6030)... just like on the EH5300
-6030 has N/D modes (CAL-NIGHT and CAL-DAY) that can be activated in the SM, but 6000 does not

Great comparison, thank you!

I actually just got the 55EH6030 but it's still in the box, from reading this thread I'm half tempted to return it because of the prior post that this TV is only 60hz in 2D and I'm on the fence of what to do. Mine does have the TH01 panel and all the 55EH6000's at the BB's by me tend to have the CH01 panels.

I guess my main reason I'm debating about returning this is that I wanted a more modern overall set, I'm currently using an old 42" Dynex LCD that I bought in 2007 which is 60hz and I guess mentally that buying a new set that's 60hz makes me feel like I'm buying last decades technology which most out there today are 120hz for today's sets.

As far as options, I didn't want 3D and I'm not interested in the smart hub since my BR and xbox 360 both have similar smart features built in and my main concern is the best bang for the buck for PQ in regards to gaming, movies and sports. In regards to HDMI inputs, if a set only had one it wouldn't bother me because I have 6 in on my HT reciever. I went with the EH because it's backlit as opposed to edge lit which seems to offer better uniformity and less light bleed and it seems that most of the competitors in this price range seem to be edge lit.

How are you liking your 6030 so far? Any regrets that it's only 60hz or if you had to do it all over again would you have returned it?

Thanks!
johnny hotsauce is offline  
post #1453 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny hotsauce View Post

Great comparison, thank you!
I actually just got the 55EH6030 but it's still in the box, from reading this thread I'm half tempted to return it because of the prior post that this TV is only 60hz in 2D and I'm on the fence of what to do. Mine does have the TH01 panel and all the 55EH6000's at the BB's by me tend to have the CH01 panels.
I guess my main reason I'm debating about returning this is that I wanted a more modern overall set, I'm currently using an old 42" Dynex LCD that I bought in 2007 which is 60hz and I guess mentally that buying a new set that's 60hz makes me feel like I'm buying last decades technology which most out there today are 120hz for today's sets.
As far as options, I didn't want 3D and I'm not interested in the smart hub since my BR and xbox 360 both have similar smart features built in and my main concern is the best bang for the buck for PQ in regards to gaming, movies and sports. In regards to HDMI inputs, if a set only had one it wouldn't bother me because I have 6 in on my HT reciever. I went with the EH because it's backlit as opposed to edge lit which seems to offer better uniformity and less light bleed and it seems that most of the competitors in this price range seem to be edge lit.
How are you liking your 6030 so far? Any regrets that it's only 60hz or if you had to do it all over again would you have returned it?
Thanks!

Having owned a EH6000 (TS02) before, I can honestly say the EH6030 (TS01) is better overall. The 60Hz vs. 120Hz issue in 2D mode doesn't matter to me since without AMP, the only time you get a benefit from a 120Hz refresh rate in 2D mode is while watching 24fps content (movies) and as far as that goes, this set displays 24p content very smoothly compared to a 60Hz set like the EH5000 (which I also had in the past). In fact, I'm convinced the EH6030 is not doing 2:3 pulldown for 1080/24p input signals since I used the panning video clip found on Sony BD movies (press 7669 on the top menu screen) and saw that the motion was too smooth for it to be using 2:3 pulldown.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #1454 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
chicolom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwener View Post

I think the panel types are mainly controlled by the manufacture date. At this point most new 46EH6000s will have the CS panel. You can either go on the hunt for a new set that was made a while ago (could be difficult to find that), or you could consider the EH6030. That has 3D and, as far as I've seen, a Samsung panel. I believe that Samsung started manufacturing the 6030 and switched the manufacturer for the 6000 panel over to Chi Mei.

I don't see why a 46" Samsung would only be using S-MVA panels. Perhaps they're just low on stock for S-PVAs.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chicolom is offline  
post #1455 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Member
 
nwener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellamorte13 View Post

- I was also told by a seasoned retail employee that products that are on sale right before/on Black Friday are of lesser quality and are given to the stores specifically for BF sales. She told me to return the TV and get the exact same model and it will be better quality.

I don't understand this. Is the suggestion that an EH6000 bought around Thanksgiving will be inferior to the same EH6000 purchased before or after Thanksgiving? I have never heard that before. I have heard that some of the holiday-specific models (e.g., EH6030, ES6003) are inferior in quality to the standard models (i.e., as compared to the EH6000), though there doesn't seem to be any actual confirmation of this.
nwener is offline  
post #1456 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Member
 
nwener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

I don't see why a 46" Samsung would only be using S-MVA panels. Perhaps they're just low on stock for S-PVAs.

Because there are only so many S-PVA panels to go around and they decided to put those in the EH6030 model since that model should sell well for the holiday season.

It's conjecture on my part, but I can tell you that in my local area, at least, it is quite easy to get your hands on a Samsung panel in the EH6030 and damn near impossible to find a Samsung panel in the EH6000 at this time.
nwener is offline  
post #1457 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Newbie
 
z06madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First off ,thank you Chicolom for all your time and knowledge , you are indispencable here dude i i appreciate all your doing for us here. I had a un55eh6001 delivered yesterday, fri. the 21st and it was bad right out of the box, red line vertically down the right side . The geek squad installer said he has seen numerous bad 6001's.He said mine was a returned BF special and not a brand new unopened and he showde me how he knew this one had previously been installed before, meaning, BB = Liars,, Needless to say i took it back to BB, read the riot act to the manager and and got the only thing they had compareable and that was a 55eh6000 FXZA, version TH02 i looked at the label on the box to see the version as now i was wise to whats going on thanks to this thread and i now have a TH02 version. Is the TH02 a Samsung S-PVA panel and a better tv. BB said it was 999.00 but gave it to me for 799.00 since they screwed me the first time. Kind of glad it happened cause i knew nothing of the roulette panel lottery that has been defined here. The geek squad will be here tomm morning to set this one up and calibrate it. I have direct tv with HD and wifi on my bell south dsl ,and bought a blu-ray with wifi to make this tv a smart tv, if i understood the guy at BB correctly. Do i need any special hdmi cables such as a high speed ethernet type or will the direct tv supplied hdmi cable suffice. The geek squad installer said the direct tv hdmi's i have are junk ,is this true ? Plus he said my surge protector is no good, and its a pretty good one i thought ,said i needed a special 75- 100 dollar one with special features for these tv's . I'm not sure if he's telling the truth. Thanks again and i will post the results of the install tomm and let you all know what the verdict is.
z06madman is offline  
post #1458 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Member
 
bewlaybrothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewlaybrothers View Post

Unfortunately my BR player wants to try and output everything in 24p after playing a disc which supports that mode, and it looks terrible for everything but BR discs because the TV is "frame jerking." So selecting 1080i and film mode is the best compromise I have. I wonder if other players switch more intelligently.

you should check the setting for 24p output from your BR player... it should be set to an 'automatic' setting as opposed to one that forces 24p output for everything

I've tried all of them. The issue happens any time a 24p disc is played until the player is power cycled. Since I watch Netflix streaming and DVDs or OTA TV more often, 1080I + Film Mode is the best choice anyway. If I play a 24p blu-ray I can always switch but I like Film Mode for most of them too.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bewlaybrothers is offline  
post #1459 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Newbie
 
cathicool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not wrong in trying to get a Txxx version panel, correct? I'd rather not make myself crazy (as if....), but I think from reading this thread that there is a big difference. I don't want to switch models, as I got the 6000 for a really good price ($568). Plus, it looks like BB doesn't have any of the 6030's available for purchase in any store or warehouse right now. I have until 1/24 to change my mind. But I am going to head to the store and see if they have any Txxx versions for the 6000 model that I just purchased.
cathicool is offline  
post #1460 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Member
 
ganzhimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm thinking of buying a UN40EH5000, it has the HS03 panel in it. Is that any good, or should I pass.
ganzhimself is offline  
post #1461 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Member
 
toy4x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just purchased the 46" at best buy and it has the TS02 Version. Is that the current version? This will be my fist LED tv, all my others are plasma Hopefully I like it or I'm taking it back for the Panny Plasma.
toy4x is offline  
post #1462 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Newbie
 
basu76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got UN60EH6000XFZA from local best buy during thanks giving. I was one of the earlier LCD adaptors, got a bigger Sharp TV in 2006 paying a lot, so had to wait until now get a newer one.

Any way, for some reason I am not satisfied with the picture quality and seem to always compare to my older tv. on some HD channels the picture is amazing. I have done the adjustments, that have been suggested earlier in the thread. Any way on some channels the back ground is very blurry.

For example, other day I was watching NCIS on USA (one of my fav shows). Gibbs was driving, all the greenery, that is generally visible was blurry. When more than one character is show, the character in focus in awesome, but the other character is blurry. I don't remember seeing the picture this way in my older Sharp TV. My other friend also complained the same thing.

Now I am contemplating returning this one back, and getting a panasonic plasma.

Your thoughts please, I would really like to keep this, if I can in any way adjust this.
basu76 is offline  
post #1463 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Newbie
 
cathicool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathicool View Post

I'm not wrong in trying to get a Txxx version panel, correct? I'd rather not make myself crazy (as if....), but I think from reading this thread that there is a big difference. I don't want to switch models, as I got the 6000 for a really good price ($568). Plus, it looks like BB doesn't have any of the 6030's available for purchase in any store or warehouse right now. I have until 1/24 to change my mind. But I am going to head to the store and see if they have any Txxx versions for the 6000 model that I just purchased.



So I went back to BB and swapped my Cxxx version for a TS02. I hope it's better than sliced bread!
And if it isn't, I do have the panasonic viera L47E50 as my "backup"...........


Thanks everyone for all your help! Happy Holidays!
cathicool is offline  
post #1464 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Member
 
ayeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganzhimself View Post

I'm thinking of buying a UN40EH5000, it has the HS03 panel in it. Is that any good, or should I pass.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406151/the-official-2012-samsung-eh4000-eh5000-eh5300-owners-thread/720#post_22687258
ayeaux is offline  
post #1465 of 2567 Old 12-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Newbie
 
jmiller284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

every set is different, not to mention that there are various different EH series models and panel types... even if you copy settings from someone who has the exact same screen size, model number, and panel version as your set, there is no guarantee it will work on your set
there are various calibration DVDs you can learn about in the calibration sub-forum and the Disney WOW DVD is a good one for beginners

Is it possible to calibrate this LED HDTV using a standard DVD (not BluRay) disc ..? For example Disney WOW is offered in both standard and BluRay versions .. I only have a standard / upconvert DVD player, not BluRay player.. Will it matter? What happens when you calibrate an HDTV using a DVD (not BluRay ? Does it mess up the settings or picture? Anyone try it without using BluRay ?
jmiller284 is offline  
post #1466 of 2567 Old 12-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Senior Member
 
johncourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

It's similar in some ways but definitely not exactly the same. I have the UN46EH6030 (TS01) currently (decided to keep it) and had the UN46EH6000 (TS02) before.
Differences include:
-6030 doesn't have AMP but 6000 does
-6030 does 3D but 6000 doesn't
-6030 may 60Hz in 2D mode while 6000 is 120Hz
-6030 has deeper blacks and more accurate colors than the 6000
-6030 has a clearer image with fast motion and so fast moving content looks better on it (like HD console games)
-the menu system is more like the ES series models on the 6030 while the 6000 uses a more basic menu system (with features like RGB only mode and Natural pic mode on the 6030)... just like on the EH5300
-6030 has N/D modes (CAL-NIGHT and CAL-DAY) that can be activated in the SM, but 6000 does not

What tech. does the 6030 use to reduce motion blur? It does not have amp, so it must insert black frames?

Also, how good is the 3D on the 6030?

Any and all 6030 owners feel free to chime in. smile.gif

I also saw the 60" 6050 at samsung for $1050.
johncourt is offline  
post #1467 of 2567 Old 12-23-2012, 04:09 AM
 
avsforumsdsd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got the 60" delivered from Frys today. Very nice upgrade from a 42" 720p Sammy plasma (HPT-4254), primarily used for PS3. Since my sitting distance isn't changing, I'm able to see a lot more detail. Unfortunately I can also see how pixelated 720p gaming content can be. It seems that activating Auto Motion Plus helps smooth the pixels out for me, even though it's meant more to deal with motion blurring, right? So either I see pixelation or experience the SOE that makes it seem like I'm watching a game trailer. Either way I've really wanted to upgrade and for various practical reasons a monster plasma was out of the question, so I plan to just get used to it.

Other than that, the biggest bummer is not having two antennae inputs for cable & OTA. I guess I'll have to shell out a couple bucks for a coax A/B switch.luojie
avsforumsdsd is offline  
post #1468 of 2567 Old 12-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Member
 
ganzhimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

...And that's a resounding DO NOT BUY.

Thanks.
ganzhimself is offline  
post #1469 of 2567 Old 12-23-2012, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwener View Post

I don't understand this. Is the suggestion that an EH6000 bought around Thanksgiving will be inferior to the same EH6000 purchased before or after Thanksgiving? I have never heard that before. I have heard that some of the holiday-specific models (e.g., EH6030, ES6003) are inferior in quality to the standard models (i.e., as compared to the EH6000), though there doesn't seem to be any actual confirmation of this.

The EH6030 is actually not a holiday-specific model and is identical to the EH6070 except that the 6070 comes with the BD player in the TV box whereas I got the BD player in a separate box with my 6030 from BB.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #1470 of 2567 Old 12-23-2012, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncourt View Post

What tech. does the 6030 use to reduce motion blur? It does not have amp, so it must insert black frames?
Also, how good is the 3D on the 6030?
Any and all 6030 owners feel free to chime in. smile.gif
I also saw the 60" 6050 at samsung for $1050.

I don't know exactly what the EH6030 is doing to have clearer motion than the EH6000 without AMP but I can tell you whatever it is doing works quite well based on my comparisons of the two when gaming or watching movies/TV shows. Perhaps it has a better video processor since it's 3D capable, but that is only speculation.

The 3D on it isn't really that good since while there is good depth and brightness there is far too much ghosting/crosstalk/double edges to images.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030 , Samsung Ln46c630 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off