Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitar1963 View Post

from the test images Djj posted it appears there are banding/clouding/uniformity issues, albeit slight, but still there nonetheless.

Definitely can start to see something with the extra long 5s and 7s exposure times, altho on the black image its very odd since the corners appear brighter in the pictures, but in everything else the corners are actually a bit dark. I'm wondering if there's something with the camera or way I captured the images that is causing this....BTW no VGA D-sub 15pin for analog PC use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjaeger View Post

Definitely can start to see something with the extra long 5s and 7s exposure times, altho on the black image its very odd since the corners appear brighter in the pictures, but in everything else the corners are actually a bit dark. I'm wondering if there's something with the camera or way I captured the images that is causing this....BTW no VGA D-sub 15pin for analog PC use.

Thank you for pictures. I am bit disappointed with performance of EH6000. But first what is your backlight setting? From my experience if black screen captured with 5" exposure look like this you should see this lighter spots easily by eye.
Television info reviewed 40 inch models, but this should not be issue with this type of backlight. I am leaning towards 46-50inch model, are they some owners with smaller models than 60"?

As far as I know there is no longer D-sub on 2012 Samsung models.
post #123 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 10:04 AM

Liked: 12
Why is there a visible backlight bleed and clouding when the LED is already directly behind the panel ?
post #124 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 10:45 AM

Liked: 11
Since January I have owned (and returned):

LG 60PV250
Samsung UN60D7000
Samsung PN59D7000 (only returned due to buzzing, actually liked the PQ)

And now I have the Samsung UN60EH6000. I like the picture on this better than all of them. And I'm pretty picky.
post #125 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 11:37 AM

@syntax53

i had a samsung d8000 for a month, i really like the picture quality (best i ever seen in my old lcd) but returned to back light issue

d8000 is pretty similar to d7000, now you are sayng that the eh6000 series is comparable to last year d7000 series and may be better?

my concern is about the motion, eh6000 pannel is native 120hz significantly more slow than native 240hz of d7000

there is some ghosting when there are bright element on black screen in fast motion?

can you do for us a short comparation of what do you remember

d7000 vs eh6000

pro and con

black level
level of detail
color
motion
ecc ecc

thxxxx

p.s.

televisioninfo in their reviews set the backlight to 20,

are they crazy? or there is a difference from eh and d serie's backlight ?

in d8000 backlight to 20 can burn the retina
post #126 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 AM

This set is 120hz, not 60hz. The motion feature brings it to 240, though no one uses it. I have no motion issues at all. No ghosting or artifacts. Watching the Flyers hockey game right now and it looks phenomenal.

i didn't like the d7000 LED due to the color quality. No matter how much I messed with the settings (many hours over many days) everything seemed to be washed out. I was never 100% happy with it. I also had pretty bad flashlighting with that set. Black level on this set is much much better and no flashlighting due to being direct-lit.

Here are the current settings I'm using now:

Mode: Standard
Backlight: 18
Contrast: 87
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 5
Color: 37
Tint: G51/R49
Color Space: Auto
White Balance: All 25s (no calibrator, qq)
Gamma: 0
Dynamic Contrast: Medium (yes, medium. I feel it makes it better and I have no flickering issues at all)
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
Motion Lighting: Off
Color Tone: Warm1
Size: Screen Fit
Digital Noise Filter: Off
Film Mode: Off
Auto Motion: Clear
LED Motion: Off
post #127 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 12:23 PM

This seems to be the world's only thread about the unXXEH6000 model. I can't even found a single video review on any of the EH tv's on youtube. It has come to my attention that this tv, according to the manual does not detects HDD drives, but only usb flash drives. That's a deal breaker
post #128 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax53 View Post

This set is 120hz, not 60hz. The motion feature brings it to 240, though no one uses it. I have no motion issues at all. No ghosting or artifacts. Watching the Flyers hockey game right now and it looks phenomenal.

i didn't like the d7000 LED due to the color quality. No matter how much I messed with the settings (many hours over many days) everything seemed to be washed out. I was never 100% happy with it. I also had pretty bad flashlighting with that set. Black level on this set is much much better and no flashlighting due to being direct-lit.

Here are the current settings I'm using now:

Mode: Standard
Backlight: 18
Contrast: 87
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 5
Color: 37
Tint: G51/R49
Color Space: Auto
White Balance: All 25s (no calibrator, qq)
Gamma: 0
Dynamic Contrast: Medium (yes, medium. I feel it makes it better and I have no flickering issues at all)
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
Motion Lighting: Off
Color Tone: Warm1
Size: Screen Fit
Digital Noise Filter: Off
Film Mode: Off
Auto Motion: Clear
LED Motion: Off

Do you experience any SOE (soap opera effect) on this set? Or can you take care of that by turning off the motion stuff?

I noticed you returned a couple of nice plasmas. I currently have a cheapo 50" Samsung plasma which I actually like. It handles motion beautifully with no SOE (which I can't stand). I'm looking for something in the 60" size range and this seems decent. I won't have to worry about IR anymore. Plus it sounds like this screen would probably have less glare than my Samsung plasma which seconds as a mirror

-Guru
post #129 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 06:10 PM

I just ordered an UN60EH6000 from Frys at price $1399 and waiting for their delivery. From the below link, we can see acturally this UN60EH6000 is using a low cost direct backlit. As a CCFL replacement, it's pretty awesome.

ledinside.com/node/15054
post #130 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListedGuru View Post

Do you experience any SOE (soap opera effect) on this set? Or can you take care of that by turning off the motion stuff?

-Guru

I have the 56" version. I've turned the motion stuff off and the SOE is pretty bad to me. MW3 on xbox seems to be fine, most HD content via Apple TV or PS3 seems to be good, but the SOE is horrible with SD video.

I'm using the settings posted from televisioninfo.com which does help the TV look better. Aside from the SOE issue, I can also see some sort of backlight issue on scenes with a blueish background. I can see vertical lines in some scenes. Odd.

I've spent the last 5 years with a Samsung LED DLP and that TV blows away this TV. I'm contemplating a return but I'm trying to learn more.

Craig.
post #131 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 PM

Do you have auto motion set to anything but clear? Do you have led motion and film mode turned off? I don't have any SOE at all. Do you have thetuner correctly on all of your inputs if you're using different ones?
post #132 of 2571 Old 04-22-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:

Do you have auto motion set to anything but clear? Do you have led motion and film mode turned off? I don't have any SOE at all. Do you have thetuner correctly on all of your inputs if you're using different ones?

Have you played with game mode vs. non-game mode? I think I may see a little bit of motion blur myself. Previously I had auto motion set to clear, no I'm trying it set to off. Not sure exactly what the differences are in all the settings, just doing some experimentation. I did notice that turning game mode on seemed to completely change the picture calibration, so i'll have to go thru a full check again if I'm serious about testing that mode/feature.
post #133 of 2571 Old 04-23-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:

Have you played with game mode vs. non-game mode? I think I may see a little bit of motion blur myself. Previously I had auto motion set to clear, no I'm trying it set to off. Not sure exactly what the differences are in all the settings, just doing some experimentation. I did notice that turning game mode on seemed to completely change the picture calibration, so i'll have to go thru a full check again if I'm serious about testing that mode/feature.

I haven't noticed anything different with game mode really. And yes, game mode is a completely different set of settings. They should have just made it a mode along with Dynamic/Standard/Movie.
post #134 of 2571 Old 04-23-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:

I haven't noticed anything different with game mode really. And yes, game mode is a completely different set of settings. They should have just made it a mode along with Dynamic/Standard/Movie.

Definitely agree with you, separate mode would have been best. Any idea if the settings are saved separately from game mode on and off? Or it won't save those as their own set of settings? Also curious if anyone has quantified the input lag with/without game mode yet. Is the benefit worth the image degrade etc
post #135 of 2571 Old 04-23-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:

Definitely agree with you, separate mode would have been best. Any idea if the settings are saved separately from game mode on and off? Or it won't save those as their own set of settings? Also curious if anyone has quantified the input lag with/without game mode yet. Is the benefit worth the image degrade etc

They are saved separately. That's what I mean. By turning on game mode you basically change the mode to a 4th mode. At least it seems that way anyway. And I don't think there is actually any degregation of quality as once you adjust the settings properly (dynamic contrast on high is on by default on game mode, along with 50 sharpness which are the primary reasons it looks so bad at first), it looks normal. Also, according to my lag tests, game mode doesn't seem to do anything for you anyway. Maybe it disables some features that I had disabled in standard mode anyway
post #136 of 2571 Old 04-23-2012, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I was wondering if any of you have noticed that the picture (when the room is dark)
gets a little wiered contrast wise at night. some people have said the light senser on
the front of the tv picks up a bright picture on the tv and changes the contrast level
to fast because the senser is incorrect. has anyone seen this?

■■Motion Lighting (Off / On): When on, the TV automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen in response to the brightness of the room. In bright light, the screen brightens. In dim light, the screen dims.
✎✎Available in Standard mode only.

Other people from other threads have mentioned this and have said to turn the
Motion lighting feature off. I pulled this out of the manual off the Samsung web site.
post #137 of 2571 Old 04-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitokaito View Post

This seems to be the world's only thread about the unXXEH6000 model. I can't even found a single video review on any of the EH tv's on youtube. It has come to my attention that this tv, according to the manual does not detects HDD drives, but only usb flash drives. That's a deal breaker

It should support it. The manual says "USB Mass Storage Class Device" which includes some external HDDs. Can someone who has the EH give it a try?
post #138 of 2571 Old 04-24-2012, 09:50 AM

What does the following things do?

White Balance
Black Tone
Flesh Tone
Film Mode
Auto Motion
LED Motion
post #139 of 2571 Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 PM

About to pull the trigger on either the 40" EH5000 or 40" EH6000. I read a review saying that the EH5000 had better picture quality. Which model should I purchase? It will be used as a bedroom TV for gaming and movies.
post #140 of 2571 Old 04-25-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamyemma View Post

Anybody know what type of panel Samsung uses in the EH5000? Is it an IPS?

IPS is LG tech so it could be VA.
post #141 of 2571 Old 04-26-2012, 08:13 PM

Why so little info about this tv? Regardless I just picked up one. Best Buy had a decent deal. I will try and post some pictures after the setup.
post #142 of 2571 Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 AM

Thanks
post #143 of 2571 Old 04-27-2012, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtnzr View Post

Why so little info about this tv? Regardless I just picked up one. Best Buy had a decent deal. I will try and post some pictures after the setup.

Thanks for posting this. Going to go to BB today and get the $200 difference in price. This TV just gets better and better!
post #144 of 2571 Old 04-28-2012, 03:45 PM

I have 3 problems with this tv mabee someone can help......

1. the off color bar at the top of the screen

2. and the horiz bars that go accross the screen in dark screens which i thought might be the directv feed or somthing. I hooked up my ps3 and still have the same lines. I have my settings as posted by the person on the last page and it looks great except for those 2 problems. I already brought 1 tv back to costco for the problem with the lines. should i bring this back too.

3. slight motion blur

I got a great deal $1550 from costco but im kind of dissapointed as I kind of want to go back to my 50in samsung DLP which is 7 years old and a new bulb. looks good but and as good as the new one
LL
LL
post #145 of 2571 Old 04-28-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1montess View Post

2. and the horiz bars that go accross the screen in dark screens which i thought might be the directv feed or somthing. I hooked up my ps3 and still have the same lines. I have my settings as posted by the person on the last page and it looks great except for those 2 problems. I already brought 1 tv back to costco for the problem with the lines. should i bring this back too.

I don't have any such lines/bars on my set.
post #146 of 2571 Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 PM

I just picked this up at Costco this week. Same (nearly) as UN55EH6000.

I'm having an issue with Auto Motion Plus. If I set it to off in the menu (which is my preference for movies), it's clear that the motion interpolation is off. Good so far.

If I then turn off the TV, and turn it back on, the motion interpolation effect is clear back. In order to turn it off again, I have to go back to the menu, toggle the feature on and back off again, and then effect is off again.

I have the latest firmware (didn't need to update the TV - it had the latest). I have confirmed this problem on all sources (Tivo, BD, Xbox360 video streaming, etc).

I troubleshooted with Samsung tech support and they have scheduled a service appt for me, but I suspect this is simply a firmware bug that will need work from their engineering department to fix.

Can anyone else confirm this issue? I'm curious if its limited to just this model or not.
post #147 of 2571 Old 04-28-2012, 10:55 PM

Regarding AMP not turning all the way off:

On my Samsung LN46B630, setting AMP to "off" doesn't turn it off (at least for HDMI sources). My solution is to enable Game Mode, which truly disables AMP, along with some other processing features which in my opinion aren't necessary for enjoying the TV.

Therefore, to turn off AMP completely, I suggest trying Game Mode.

How does the EH6000 handle 24p playback?
post #148 of 2571 Old 04-29-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1montess View Post

I have 3 problems with this tv mabee someone can help......

3. slight motion blur

I got a great deal $1550 from costco but im kind of dissapointed as I kind of want to go back to my 50in samsung DLP which is 7 years old and a new bulb. looks good but and as good as the new one

Well i shut the tv for alittle while. As I was playing with the settings for the first 4 hours and turned it back on and there are no problems i dont know what happened. all lines are gone and this thing looks great. hope it stays that way. lol
post #149 of 2571 Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgregryc View Post

I'm having an issue with Auto Motion Plus. If I set it to off in the menu (which is my preference for movies), it's clear that the motion interpolation is off. Good so far.

If I then turn off the TV, and turn it back on, the motion interpolation effect is clear back. In order to turn it off again, I have to go back to the menu, toggle the feature on and back off again, and then effect is off again.

I have the latest firmware (didn't need to update the TV - it had the latest). I have confirmed this problem on all sources (Tivo, BD, Xbox360 video streaming, etc).

I troubleshooted with Samsung tech support and they have scheduled a service appt for me, but I suspect this is simply a firmware bug that will need work from their engineering department to fix.

Can anyone else confirm this issue? I'm curious if its limited to just this model or not.

It could be that your set is erroneously in Store Demo mode. When you first turned it on, you were asked to select Store Demo or Home Use, which you should have selected. Store Demo resets all settings to default mode when you turn off the set.

You could check by changing one setting, say Backlight, turning the set off, turning it on again and see if it was reset. If so, you're in Store Demo mode. Check the manual to see how to change it to Home Use. Hope this helps.
post #150 of 2571 Old 04-29-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgregryc View Post

If I'm recalling correctly, I had this same issue when I briefly had this TV, and it definitely was set to home use and not store demo mode. The Auto Motion Plus soap-opera effect kept reappearing when I turned the TV off and back on, even though it was still set to "off" in the menu. I ended up setting Auto Motion Plus to "custom" and dialing down the two available settings to "0," and that seemed to do the trick. See if that makes sense in the menu settings (again, that's what I recall doing when I had this TV a couple of months ago), and let us know if it works.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030 , Samsung Ln46c630 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread - Un46eh6000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page