post #1531 of 2561 Old 12-28-2012, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarisn1 View Post

Im sorry if this is a newb question, but why are my settings changing for movie mode? I mean, the TV input movie mode is different than HDMI input movie mode. Isn't movie mode just over-arching no matter which input Im on? This sure is confusing!
So how many times do I have to adjust movie mode? Also, if I do have to manually adjust the movie mode for each input, can I just reuse the same settings or do I actually have to go through each one to set it?
Actually, I just thought about it, and I cant set TV input mode because the AVSHD 709 DVD wont play on TV input mode. What gives here??

you must copy your settings from whatever input you calibrated to the others you use as well, the TV input is for the coax input only so you can't play any external devices like a DVD or BD player via that input (use HDMI instead or Component if you don't have HDMI on your player)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 2561 Old 12-28-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwener View Post

Am I the only one that sets the Digital Noise Filter on Auto? I know most people seem to have it set to Off, but I've tried it both ways and I swear I notice no improvement in the picture with it Off and I think (though it could just be in my head) that setting it on Auto can sometimes reduce the splotchy effect you can get from a poor HD signal over cable.

it could make low quality sources a bit more watchable (in some cases) but should be left off for DVD/BD sources
post #1533 of 2561 Old 12-28-2012, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

it could make low quality sources a bit more watchable (in some cases) but should be left off for DVD/BD sources

Ah, that explains it. I rarely watch BlueRay so I've set my TV mainly for watching cable.
post #1534 of 2561 Old 12-28-2012, 11:25 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:

don't underestimate the value of a proper calibration (even a 'basic' one that leaves the white balance and gamma settings alone)... I've posted this before elsewhere on the forum, but here is a basic overview of what you should be adjusting on the EH 6 series
--Picture menu
Mode: Movie (start with Movie pic mode for best results, Standard mode is the next best choice but has undefeatable auto-dimming)
Backlight: (set to achieve desired light output)
Contrast: (set with a white clipping pattern/color clipping pattern like on AVSHD709 or GCD)
Brightness: (set with black clipping pattern like on the two discs mentioned above)
Sharpness: 0 (zero is the neutral setting but you can use a setting up to 10 without noticeable edge enhancement)
Color: (set with blue-only mode if your set has it (like the EH6030 or EH6070) or use blue filter instead with HD color bars pattern)
Tint: (same as 'Color')
Advanced settings submenu
Color space: Auto (don't use Native as it provides less accurate primary/secondary colors)
White Balance: [see below] (leave alone unless you have a spectroradiometer or colorimeter and calibration software)
Gamma: (same as white balance)
Dynamic contrast: Off (always leave off, makes calibration impossible)
Black tone: Off (always leave off, causes black crush/black clipping)
Flesh tone: 0 (always leave at zero, messes with reds/pinks)
Motion Lighting: Off (disabled and grayed out by default in Movie mode, turning this off in Standard mode still doesn't fully disable it (same thing as 'auto-dimming' mentioned above)
White Balance submenu
R-Offset:
G-Offset:
B-Offset:
R-Gain:
G-Gain:
B-Gain:
Picture options submenu
Color tone: Warm2 (or Warm1 instead if Warm2 makes whites/grays too pink)
Size: Screen Fit (must be set twice, once for 720p sources and once for 1080i/p sources)
Digital Noise Filter: Off (leave off to preserve fine picture detail and avoid adding motion blur to the source material)
HDMI black level: Low (only needs to be set for RGB signals (Low for 16-235/video levels and Normal for 0-255/PC levels)... if grayed out, don't worry about it)
Film mode: Auto (Auto1 if you have the EH6030 or EH6070... don't set to Off (or Auto2); otherwise, 480i/1080i film signals with look wrong due to lack of reverse 2:3 pulldown/improper de-interlacing)
Auto motion plus: Custom (use these settings for BD movies playing at 1080/24p; otherwise, use Clear)
-- Custom settings:
Blur reduction: 10
Judder reduction: 0
LED Motion Plus: Off (leave Off unless you want the image to lose half it's light output with no visible reduction in motion blur)

Extremely good post. This should make a huge improvement in PQ. This should be the bare minimum you do if you tweak your set, and will probably be enough to satisfy most people. If you get a meter, you can take things a bit further:cool:
post #1535 of 2561 Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

you must copy your settings from whatever input you calibrated to the others you use as well, the TV input is for the coax input only so you can't play any external devices like a DVD or BD player via that input (use HDMI instead or Component if you don't have HDMI on your player)

GREAT! Thank you! I didn't remember reading this anywhere so I was a bit shocked! haha eek.gif
post #1536 of 2561 Old 12-28-2012, 03:37 PM

So I just picked up a new UN46EH6000 for cheap on Amazon (still is cheap, fyi) and had it overnighted. Lucked out on the panel lottery, or so I thought, and got a TS02 version.

Wow. Is this TV as terrible as I think it is?

Viewing angles are hilariously bad. Straight on from ~6ft, I only get full contrast in a circle covering about 40-50% of the screen.

Shifting a foot in either direction moves the "halo".

It's also got very noticeable vertical banding on certain scenes.

(Please excuse the cellphone photos biggrin.gif )
Is this par for the course for this set? I'm not sure what to really expect for 600 bucks...
post #1537 of 2561 Old 12-28-2012, 05:42 PM

Read this in case if you are planning to purchase 65 inch version of the TV.

UN65EH6000 - Picture mode : Movie , color temp : WARM2 is way too cold. Measured RGB levels against D6500 standard and blue was 150% more comparing green and Red.
There is no way to bring down such huge blue color with two point white balance. I am requesting Samsung tech support to revisit the latest firmware posted on Samsung website and correct it to reasonable level. I did extensive research every other screen size in 6000 series have reasonable RGB except 65 inch.

I posted UN65EH6000 readings at below blog.

http://samsung65led.blogspot.com/

I am getting very interesting responses from Samsung team.

My uphill battle with Samsung Techs and their responses can be followed at

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-581363/un65eh6000-picture-mode-movie-color-temp-warm2/?tag=contentBody;threadListing
post #1538 of 2561 Old 12-28-2012, 05:56 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzack View Post

So I just picked up a new UN46EH6000 for cheap on Amazon (still is cheap, fyi) and had it overnighted. Lucked out on the panel lottery, or so I thought, and got a TS02 version.
Viewing angles are hilariously bad. Straight on from ~6ft, I only get full contrast in a circle covering about 40-50% of the screen.

Is this par for the course for this set? I'm not sure what to really expect for 600 bucks...

What settings are you using, and how high is the backlight turned up?
post #1539 of 2561 Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 47
Quote:

I'm not sure what the picture is, but that look irregularly bad. Looks closer to a laptop screen than a TV. Did the sets in the store look like that? If not, perhaps you should call a tech or exchange it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMI_13 View Post

UN65EH6000 - Picture mode : Movie , color temp : WARM2 is way too cold. Measured RGB levels against D6500 standard and blue was 150% more comparing green and Red.
There is no way to bring down such huge blue color with two point white balance. I am requesting Samsung tech support to revisit the latest firmware posted on Samsung website and correct it to reasonable level. I did extensive research every other screen size in 6000 series have reasonable RGB except 65 inch.
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-581363/un65eh6000-picture-mode-movie-color-temp-warm2/?tag=contentBody;threadListing

I agree that the color temp is too cool, and it would be nice if they would somehow patch it to tone down the blue push.

I assumed it was on all the sets and not just the 65", since my 40" is also pretty cool/blue.
post #1540 of 2561 Old 12-28-2012, 09:34 PM

Well its been a day here with the tv and i finally have found the glory with this tv and the reason it has so many high end user reviews on various sites like Amazon.

This tv was a little tricky to tweak, but now that i figured it out....all i can say is this tv is a total steal for the pricepoint for how gorgeous this screen is, a 55" this good, at that price, i didnt think could happen. I am just totally in love with the set now, gorgeous vibrant and clear pictures, great angles for a normal room, the blacks are incredible if you tweak it just right, the whites are top notch, no flashlighting, no pixelation...

Just a tv that does one thing, look great. No frills or anything extra, just a 55" screen that merits all the great user reviews.

I tried the Cnet settings and all i can say is that whomever used those settings was a total moron, because it made the set look terrible. Ive found they are pretty hit or miss overall, not the be all end all.

What i find more accurate is when you read a couple hundred 4.5/5 star reviews from buyers that is pretty constant, rather than one single guy who actually sat down and documented a review. Dont go by the Cnet review, i cant stress that more than enough. I am amazed that i spent what i did on this set and have one hell of a 55" LED set that is gorgeous. Im so glad i didnt return this set, so glad.

Looking for a mature gaming forum? Come check out www.gamingoutsiders.com
post #1541 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 01:27 AM

Liked: 20
Peeped the 60" 6050 at costco.

The price has dropped to as low as $1050 recently, and is going now for a still pretty reasonable $1250. The picture looked very nice in-store; I wonder if they turned off demo mode accidentally, since the picture looked pretty natural rather than ridiculously over-saturated and punchy. It has AMP as well. If it had 3D it would literally be the perfect TV, at least at this price point.

Also considering the 46" 6030 with 3D at a far lower price point.

I can sit up to 11' feet away if need be, but right now, I often sit within 6' of the tv as I currently have a 40" TV.

Should I go for the really big screen or the 3D?????
post #1542 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncourt View Post

The price has dropped to as low as $1050 recently, and is going now for a still pretty reasonable $1250. The picture looked very nice in-store; I wonder if they turned off demo mode accidentally, since the picture looked pretty natural rather than ridiculously over-saturated and punchy. It has AMP as well. If it had 3D it would literally be the perfect TV, at least at this price point.
I can sit up to 11' feet away if need be, but right now, I often sit within 6' of the tv as I currently have a 40" TV.

Its possible that the EH6030 does not support Full HD in 3D mode. At least Samsung says that it only supports 1080p in 2D Mode.
Seems like they used the same slow chipset as in the D6000 series...
post #1543 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 08:34 AM

MUTE ICON
I searched this thread and didn't see an answer, apologize if it's already been asked. I use a Harmony 520 remote to auto change from watching tv using tv speakers to watching tv using the receiver and my surround speakers. I tried having the remote send a mute signal to mute the tv speakers when turning on the receiver, but a mute icon appears on the screen. - Not enjoyable to watch a movie with it showing. I know I can manually go through the menus to change to external speakers, but that defeats the purpose of the harmony remote. WAF is zero for this solution and I have to return the tv unless someone has a solution. Please help.
post #1544 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 08:51 AM

MUTE ICON
Think I may have answered my own question. I'm not sure what changed, but no when I turn on movies (WMC through AVR to TV) I have the remote sending a mute signal to the TV so I only hear the audio through my AVR speakers. As before the mute icon bounces around. I hit the mute on the TV remote and the mute icon disappears, but no audio goes comes through my TV. It is recognizing the audio is going through the AVR (I'm guessing). I'll have to try not sending the original mute signal and see if the audio still only comes through the AVR speakers, or add another mute command for the TV.
post #1545 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 09:25 AM

Liked: 17
I posted newer adjusted settings for my 46" 6000 set here.

This latest round was prompted by getting to dislike the backlight being at it maximum 20. It was making the picture too blown-out in dark scenes or screens, especially because I choose to have Gamma at +2 to bring out shadow detail.

A few tips I can share with others from the latest round:

-FINE COLOR ADJUSTING (inexpensively): if you have no blue mode or blue filter glasses, or an expensive meter, you can still do some admittedly less accurate fine color adjusting (white balance) by eye. The trick is to dial up a grayscale pattern (AVS disc, Misc. Patterns, A1) and go into the RGB gain/offset menu and deliberately go too far in either direction of the middle 25 on one or another slider (I had luck beginning with R-Gain) and work your way toward neutrality based on what you see. Eventually you'll get to a point where the greys especially will appear more or less neutral, not too "hot" or "cold". Then switch to Misc. Patterns A3, the color step chart, and readjust to try and get as close to clear gradients on the high ends of the steps as you can. Blue is VERY hard to get right on this set - people are right when they say these sets are biased too cool in color temp. But after the adjustment whites and skin tones really benefitted. And don't forget that the master Color level can be important too. It may need to go up or down which affects everything else. I like to push it as far as it will go on the color step chart as a last adjustment, without making things bleed into one another.

-SHARPNESS - the AVS chart under Basic Settings, #5 which shows you the overscan pattern is also very useful for adjusting this. Look at the fine curved/straight line patterns in the upper left quadrant. If sharpness is too low, you won't be able to make out many of these. If too high (much easier to go in this direction of course) you'll see unnatural "moire" patterns forming in them. You likely won't eliminate moire completely, but you can minimize it.

Also, after much deliberation, I've reverted back to allowing my Blu-ray player to output in progressive - but to me Auto Motion Plus has one acceptable setting (besides Off, of course) and that's it - Clear. If it even works for Netflix, it's got to be the one. Everything else is a distortion.

Happy hunting!
post #1546 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sounds like you got a lemon. I had that exact set (UN46EH6000 with TS02 panel) and had no such issues. There was some mild vertical banding on solid gray/white screens but nothing I would call a deal-breaker.
post #1547 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMI_13 View Post

Sounds like an issue with the factory white balance calibration... if you can get them to change your main board if should resolve the issue (since the internal white balance calibration/settings are stored in the service menu, which resides on the main board). For now, I guess you could lower the blue gain to zero and raise the red and green gains to compensate (while lowering contrast to avoid clipping).
post #1548 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncourt View Post

There are many things I like about my 46" EH6030, but the 3D is not one of them. There is just far too much crosstalk with nearly every source I have tried viewing on it. It's 2D picture is second to none in my opinion, though, and is the reason why I chose it over the EH6000 I had before it. Perhaps you should compare the 55" EH6030 to the 60" EH6050, as they are closer in comparison.
post #1549 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl55amg View Post

Its possible that the EH6030 does not support Full HD in 3D mode. At least Samsung says that it only supports 1080p in 2D Mode.
Seems like they used the same slow chipset as in the D6000 series...

You could be right but since I don't use 3D mode due to excessive crosstalk, it really doesn't matter to me whether the 3D is 720p or 1080p.
post #1550 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAsking View Post

MUTE ICON
I searched this thread and didn't see an answer, apologize if it's already been asked. I use a Harmony 520 remote to auto change from watching tv using tv speakers to watching tv using the receiver and my surround speakers. I tried having the remote send a mute signal to mute the tv speakers when turning on the receiver, but a mute icon appears on the screen. - Not enjoyable to watch a movie with it showing. I know I can manually go through the menus to change to external speakers, but that defeats the purpose of the harmony remote. WAF is zero for this solution and I have to return the tv unless someone has a solution. Please help.

one idea would be to just lower the volume to zero, another would be to use external speakers all the time (using optical out or analog out to your receiver, if you have one)
post #1551 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 01:05 PM

Ok so I just purchased the UN60EH6003FXZA which is apparently the holiday shopping model only put out in Nov. it's $200 cheaper than the 6000 bc it doesn't have an optical audio output you also can't shut the speakers off. Other than that apprears to have same specs. Purch at BB for 1099 figured I was saving $200 and getting same tv. Hooking up the Samsung crystal sound bar and a BR and BB mgr gave me a work around since there's no optical audio output. Trying that today. However completely baffled about how to calibrate the PQ. Read about 600 of these posts and copied some calibration methods and TV does look better.

How can I tell what panel I won in the lottery ? Where is that info?

Also does can a clueless guy who has no idea what most of the settings mean work his way through a Disney wow calibration?

Finally I shut off the auto motion plus and moved it to clear which got rid of the soap opera effect and ghosting but am I losing some of the possible PQ by doing this? Any help is appreciated
post #1552 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 01:09 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Sounds like you got a lemon. I had that exact set (UN46EH6000 with TS02 panel) and had no such issues. There was some mild vertical banding on solid gray/white screens but nothing I would call a deal-breaker.

I agree. Vertical banding seems to be an issue with all of the EH models and is probably due to the backlight design. The first EH6000 set I got had terrible vertical banding and tons of shadowing in the corners--it was like I had tunnel vision or something, watching the TV. Turns out the backlight was somewhat defective and I exchanged it for a different EH6000, which cleared up the problem bigtime. I can still detect some vertical banding when the background is all one color, but it happens rarely and does not bother me much. IMO it is much better than dealing with the uniformity issues you get with edge-lit models.
post #1553 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 PM

I have watched a few movies now on DVD and Blu Ray, and Im slightly annoyed that there is still a black bar at the top and bottom of the screen. I have the setting to screen fit and this happens. I thought these TVs were built for the movie size? Why am I still getting black bars?
Im using the Sony BDP-S590 blu ray player.
post #1554 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:

I have watched a few movies now on DVD and Blu Ray, and Im slightly annoyed that there is still a black bar at the top and bottom of the screen. I have the setting to screen fit and this happens. I thought these TVs were built for the movie size? Why am I still getting black bars?
Im using the Sony BDP-S590 blu ray player.

This totally depends on the Aspect Ratio (AR) of the film and the disc you're watching. It's normal. What you're seeing is called Letterboxing.

The standard AR of an HD set is 16:9 or 1.78:1. If a film is shot in any width above that (such as a very common one, 2.35:1) you will get noticable black bars, although they were much more pronounced on non-widescreen sets of the past. (You can zoom in with the TV and in some cases the disc player but will lose resolution and sometimes picture area too.) Even on many films shot in 1.85:1 you will get very small bars on top and bottom. You will also see bars on the sides for "square" (approx 1.33:1) film and TV material which can still be common.

On the other hand many HD programs are now shot 16:9 so they will fit the entire viewing area.

Screen Fit is designed to put the entire video picture within your TV's display - this may include any deliberate cropping for AR.
post #1555 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noideahowtouse View Post

Finally I shut off the auto motion plus and moved it to clear which got rid of the soap opera effect and ghosting but am I losing some of the possible PQ by doing this? Any help is appreciated

There is no loss of PQ that different AMP settings cause in the sense of adjustments to brightness, color, contrast etc. What those settings do is hopefully improve subjectively the "smoothness" of transitions between moving image frames of what you watch.

You have to experiment with it until you find a setting you like. Some users don't like it at all (I had it disabled for a long time in favor of Film Mode only) while many agree with us (at least for now) that Clear is the most acceptable setting.

The set came with AMP on "Standard" I believe out of the box and I thought it looked terrible. It was one of the first things I switched off until I settled on Clear.
post #1556 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewlaybrothers View Post

This totally depends on the Aspect Ratio (AR) of the film and the disc you're watching. It's normal. What you're seeing is called Letterboxing.
The standard AR of an HD set is 16:9 or 1.78:1. If a film is shot in any width above that (such as a very common one, 2.35:1) you will get noticable black bars, although they were much more pronounced on non-widescreen sets of the past. (You can zoom in with the TV and in some cases the disc player but will lose resolution and sometimes picture area too.) Even on many films shot in 1.85:1 you will get very small bars on top and bottom. You will also see bars on the sides for "square" (approx 1.33:1) film and TV material which can still be common.
On the other hand many HD programs are now shot 16:9 so they will fit the entire viewing area.
Screen Fit is designed to put the entire video picture within your TV's display - this may include any deliberate cropping for AR.

Thank you for clearing this up! I guess I will have to play around with those aspect settings to find one that is acceptable. I understand what you mean by the sides getting chopped off to fit the height of the movie. I'll just have to decide which is best for my viewing preference. wink.gif
post #1557 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:

Thank you for clearing this up! I guess I will have to play around with those aspect settings to find one that is acceptable. I understand what you mean by the sides getting chopped off to fit the height of the movie. I'll just have to decide which is best for my viewing preference. wink.gif

Just keep in mind as I mentioned that if you use the hardware to zoom in or stretch the picture, you will degrade the quality (since you're stretching fewer pixels over more screen real estate) and could lose some of its area too since the fit won't be as intended. Viewing programs that have multiple ARs is just part of the experience now for people and something to get used to.
post #1558 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewlaybrothers View Post

Just keep in mind as I mentioned that if you use the hardware to zoom in or stretch the picture, you will degrade the quality (since you're stretching fewer pixels over more screen real estate) and could lose some of its area too since the fit won't be as intended. Viewing programs that have multiple ARs is just part of the experience now for people and something to get used to.

Yup, I understand. I guess I just thought that the newer technology in TV's would have illuminated these black bars by now. Guess I was wrong. But I do understand what you mean. Thanks. wink.gif
post #1559 of 2561 Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM

So probably one or two more updates from my end, but the tv has been fantastic since ive made some tweaks and finally hot the sweet spot. I really cant find many negatives with it, no tearing, no ghosting, no purple crap, or clouding etc...just a sweet, crisp HD picture with virtually every source i use. When it boils down too it, as we all know that when youre buying mid range youre not going to get "the best"....but that said, the 55" eh6000 set that i have is a lot more quality than i would think at that price range.

Sure it doesnt have any fancy crap, as if we all dont have enough access to apps and all that bs, its a tv....and what it does, it does well. And im very happy with it, to get a 55" as cheap as i did and the deal i got at Sears, i cant complain at all.

The other thing too is this, and i love coming to this site...but i gotta say its tough sometimes because you could have the greatest picture in the world, greatest certified tv ever...and somehow visiting this site and reading some peoples opinions would somehow get you to start hating your tv. So i think that is what happened at first with my EH6000, and i am reading all this stuff and thinking the grass is greener with other tvs, and the bottom line is that if you work it right, you can have an amazing set with this tv for its price.

Looking for a mature gaming forum? Come check out www.gamingoutsiders.com
post #1560 of 2561 Old 12-30-2012, 03:37 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savatage316 View Post

So probably one or two more updates from my end, but the tv has been fantastic since ive made some tweaks and finally hot the sweet spot. I really cant find many negatives with it, no tearing, no ghosting, no purple crap, or clouding etc...just a sweet, crisp HD picture with virtually every source i use. When it boils down too it, as we all know that when youre buying mid range youre not going to get "the best"....but that said, the 55" eh6000 set that i have is a lot more quality than i would think at that price range.
Sure it doesnt have any fancy crap, as if we all dont have enough access to apps and all that bs, its a tv....and what it does, it does well. And im very happy with it, to get a 55" as cheap as i did and the deal i got at Sears, i cant complain at all.
The other thing too is this, and i love coming to this site...but i gotta say its tough sometimes because you could have the greatest picture in the world, greatest certified tv ever...and somehow visiting this site and reading some peoples opinions would somehow get you to start hating your tv. So i think that is what happened at first with my EH6000, and i am reading all this stuff and thinking the grass is greener with other tvs, and the bottom line is that if you work it right, you can have an amazing set with this tv for its price.

The OCD and negativity on this site gets absolutely insane. It reaches a fever pitch with lcd/led tv's, as the hyper-critical, hyper-negative types will always post first, middle, and last, and with astonishing repetition, about their "issues" with a tv.

And you can't really address these issues logically ("maybe the problem is with the source, not the tv?" "Have you tried calibrating the set first?"), since the issue is due to the anxiety of the people posting, which cannot be easily addressed with a calibration disc.

There are tv's which are defective, but the defect rate, 3 - 5%, seems like 80-90% based on what's posted here because of the ridiculously skewed demographic on this forum, in which the hyper sensitive and sometimes flat out paranoid, are massively over-represented.
polarisn1 likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030 , Samsung Ln46c630 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page