Official Samsung UNXXEH6000 Owners' Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 2571 Old 05-05-2012, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We just picked up the 60" version last night at BB. Does anyone have any calibration settings?

Samsung 46A750, Panasonic BD35, Dish 722
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 2571 Old 05-05-2012, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgregryc View Post

Just FYI - this solved it for me. I spent probably 4 hours over the course of the last 2 weeks trying to get this solved with Samsung Customer Support and this was their exact solution also. I expect that there will be a firmware update to address the problem eventually - although CS tried to tell me this was "as designed". HA! Stupid design, if so.

It was quite frustrating for me when I first got the TV--the SOE kept returning every time I'd turn the TV back on even though the AMP was still set to Off, and I'd cycle back through to the Off setting to eliminate it, only to have it return again the next time I turned the TV back on! I finally tried the custom settings on 0, and voila! Problem solved. It's definitely a firmware issue, and hopefully they'll fix it--although I no longer have that model. There are no SOE issues with the 60hz EH5000.
post #183 of 2571 Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test Pattern View Post

It was quite frustrating for me when I first got the TV--the SOE kept returning every time I'd turn the TV back on even though the AMP was still set to Off, and I'd cycle back through to the Off setting to eliminate it, only to have it return again the next time I turned the TV back on! I finally tried the custom settings on 0, and voila! Problem solved. It's definitely a firmware issue, and hopefully they'll fix it--although I no longer have that model. There are no SOE issues with the 60hz EH5000.

So I assume the 50" EH5000 thats supposed to be coming out soon is going to be 60 hz also? I wonder what the pricing will be on that?

-Guru
post #184 of 2571 Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjfoien View Post

We just picked up the 60" version last night at BB. Does anyone have any calibration settings?

The best thing you can do for settings is to use something like Disney WOW Blu-ray or the FREE AVS HD709 discs for making your own Media Assisted Settings, since others would not likely work well for you room lighting and individual TV . . . even if it's the same model.

Here's the link for the AVS HD709:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496

You can download this version in ISO format and burn it to a DVD using IMGBurn playable in HD on a Blu-ray player.

AVCHD (.exe) or AVCHD (.7z) - See Download Note A
post #185 of 2571 Old 05-05-2012, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListedGuru View Post

So I assume the 50" EH5000 thats supposed to be coming out soon is going to be 60 hz also? I wonder what the pricing will be on that?

-Guru

http://www.abt.com/product/59448/Sam...N50EH5000.html
post #186 of 2571 Old 05-05-2012, 11:40 AM

How does the eh6000 handle motion? I am looking for a mid-range 37-40 inch tv and was wondering which tv I should go with, the eh5000 or the eh6000. I would prefer 120hz as I kind of like the soap opera effect with some things, but I only want 120hz if it is smooth. I also have heard it works well with sports like football.

Thanks!
post #187 of 2571 Old 05-05-2012, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw86 View Post

How does the eh6000 handle motion? I am looking for a mid-range 37-40 inch tv and was wondering which tv I should go with, the eh5000 or the eh6000. I would prefer 120hz as I kind of like the soap opera effect with some things, but I only want 120hz if it is smooth. I also have heard it works well with sports like football.

Thanks!

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm
post #188 of 2571 Old 05-07-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium08 View Post

How does the EH6000 handle pixel smearing when used as a PC monitor?

I'm using mine (55") as a monitor for my PC. I could try to answer your question, but I'm not sure what pixel smearing is -- can you tell me what I'd be looking for?

All I know is that by making sure it was plugged (DVI->HDMI) into HDMI1 and setting the port to "PC" mode, it looks super nice and crisp, no blurry or overly-sharp / jaggy text or anything. Gaming is amazing on this.

Quote:

Try setting it to Custom, and then set both Custom parameters to 0. I had this same problem when I briefly had this television, and that solved it (i.e., the motion interpolation/SOE stayed off when the TV was turned off and then back on again).

Thanks, I'll give this a shot!
post #189 of 2571 Old 05-08-2012, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have the bottom of the EH line. I picked up a UN26EH4000F for the bedroom.
It's just a 768p, 60htz set. I have also noticed the darker corners but it's not a deal breaker for me.
I am impressed with the picture quality of the set and am very impressed with the tv tuner. I can pick up 18 stations with amplified rabbit ears. The Dynex set that the Sammy replaced picked up fewer stations. I find that the tuner can lock on a signal even if the strength is fairly low.
I'm very happy to have the extra channels!
post #190 of 2571 Old 05-08-2012, 06:32 PM

I don't know if price talk is allowed in here, but would anyone mind messaging me if they found a better price than the current one at amazon?
post #191 of 2571 Old 05-09-2012, 01:29 AM

How does this compare to the es6500 in terms of pic quality?
post #192 of 2571 Old 05-09-2012, 03:42 PM

Question for the owners of this 60 inch TV. Was there a screen protector that you had to peel off when you took it out of the box? I am wondering because I have two small scratches on the screen and I am not sure how they got there. My TV did not have any kind of screen protector. It just had the sticky stuff around the bezel.

Thanks
post #193 of 2571 Old 05-09-2012, 03:47 PM

I have the 46" model and it did not have a screen protector. It just had the sticky stuff around the bezel and a yellow energy saver sticker. No scratches on my screen though. Sorry to hear that yours had scratches.
post #194 of 2571 Old 05-09-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicsand View Post

I have the 46" model and it did not have a screen protector. It just had the sticky stuff around the bezel and a yellow energy saver sticker. No scratches on my screen though. Sorry to hear that yours had scratches.

Thanks for the quick answer. I guess I scratched it while taking it out of the box. No biggy, they are just small scratches and can't even see them when the screen is on. I just thought maybe I got an open box model or something. Good to hear that I didn't.

I picked it up at fry's for 1199 on sale last week. I am still trying to adjust everything to get it to look good.

It is replacing a Samsung LN46C750 and I can't for the life of me get it to look as good as that TV. Maybe it's just because its 60in and I can see the small imperfections (smearing, ghosting and pixelation) better but I'll give it a few more days to see if I can get it looking crystal clear like the LN46C750.

The hardest decision is what device should I allow to handle the upconversion and other video processing. I haven't try them all yet but I have Directv HD DVR HDMI-->Onkyo HT-S7300 HDMI-->Samsung UN60EH6000

Blurays from the PS3 look good but I cant get TV to look as good as it did on the 46in.

I'll let you guys know if I find a good combo.
post #195 of 2571 Old 05-14-2012, 10:17 AM

I just ordered a 55" inch EH6000 from Crutchfield. I looked at this set closely at Best Buy and it looks good up against the more expensive models, but I do like the fact it has the "direct lit" array in it or whatever the right term is

I am probably not as picky as some on this forum.

I dont wall mount my tv's so i dont really care about thickness, I want a good picture. One of my really old tv's finally died; a Sony Trinitron....now talk about a monolith!
post #196 of 2571 Old 05-14-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:

As it turns out, btw, I've had some issues with the "custom settings to 0" solution. It is NOT the same as actually turning off the Auto Motion Plus entirely.

If you watch, for example, a program that has a photograph that is panned across (many Ken Burns documentaries are good examples), you will see quite a bit of hitching in the picture. You see a definite difference between the OFF setting for Auto Motion Plus and the CUSTOM "set at zero" setting. OFF still wins.

I think I'm done waiting for a fix for this. The TV is going back to Costco.
post #197 of 2571 Old 05-14-2012, 03:22 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespuff View Post

I'm using mine (55") as a monitor for my PC. I could try to answer your question, but I'm not sure what pixel smearing is -- can you tell me what I'd be looking for?

All I know is that by making sure it was plugged (DVI->HDMI) into HDMI1 and setting the port to "PC" mode, it looks super nice and crisp, no blurry or overly-sharp / jaggy text or anything. Gaming is amazing on this.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot!

Nice, a 55" for a primary monitor.. how far are you at? Im guessing the 55" uses a different panel with a wider viewing angle 'cone' as Im having issues on my 32" on about 2inches from both edges that appear to have more contrast ratio on them.

Try to go to this page with smooth scrolling enabled in Firefox or Google Chrome

http://www.guru3d.com/article/corsai...b-ssd-review/2

You might be able to see the corsair brand and Force logo smear/ghost through the grey background on the sticker. I also have mine on PC mode and it does that.

Also when scrolling the text on websites becomes blurry but its not a big issue since I dont read while its in the scrolling animation.
post #198 of 2571 Old 05-18-2012, 10:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 69

Yay! I finally joined the 21st century! Just got the 40" online at BB for store pickup for $678.99. Best price I have seen for it. They better not bait-and-switch me. Amazon has it for the same exact price, now, too, so I think it must be legit.

w00t!

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
post #199 of 2571 Old 05-19-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveamantium View Post

Just got my UN55EH6000F from Amazon yesterday thought I'd share my experience. First I have the unit hooked up to a HTPC that I built and watch all my TV through the media center using an HDHomeRun Prime for my cable connection. I was a little surprised that the 1080p setting in the HTPC resulted in the picture "falling off" of the tv and the font in Windows looking terrible. Then I noticed the little "tip" in the TV's getting started guide that says to label the connection as "PC" if connected to a PC using an HDMI. As soon as I did this the TV resized the image to fit perfectly and the font was smoothed out! Now though I noticed that much of the TV settings beyond the basic "back lighting, contrast, brightness settings, etc." are ghosted (i.e., colors, motion plus, etc.)? Seems like the TV is letting the video card in the HTPC control the settings.

So after I get done tweaking the computer to make the TV look as it should, I peel off the protective tape on the bezel only to notice a hairline crack in the top left and bottom right corners. First I thought it was scratched but on closer inspection the bezel is truly cracked.

After talking to Samsung it looks like this won't be covered under warranty so Amazon is exchanging it. Hopefully this isn't a model specific defect so I thought I'd check to see if anyone else noticed this. Also, just wanted to see if anyone else is hooking this TV up to a computer and what experiences they've had with the settings. I'm using Catalyst 12-3 drivers and the two settings that I modified in there to make the TV shine was under the video, setting: type set to Theater, and clicking on Dynamic Range.

I have the same issue , but I used this video that I founded on You Tube to calibrate series 6 , and the quality on my 1080p mvk bluray movies is amazing, also the text on the desktop pc look much much better , the same setting I used on all my inputs , now for my eyes the image improve the way is mean to be

post #200 of 2571 Old 05-20-2012, 03:49 PM

nevermind. found out the answer.

Thanks.
post #201 of 2571 Old 05-21-2012, 09:38 AM

I bought the UN60EH6000 on Friday. I watched some Scott Pilgrim and all of Hanna on Blu-ray via PS3 HDMI and I was pleased with how it looked (the reds were a little harsh but I planned on white balancing that out or something; could've also been Hanna's source). Super Mario Bros Wii also looked fine on component.

However, I ran into a problem when I watched Fright Night, Braveheart, and the end of Sunshine (in other words, it wasn't just one disc). When a dark object moves against a light background, it's leaving a short purplish trail. This is especially pervasive in Fright Night due to its palette. I ruled out all the TV processing (dynamic contrast, dark tone, etc.) and flipped between Y/Pb/Cb and RGB, so I'm afraid that it might be inherent to the TV panel itself. I'm too ignorant to know which problems to attribute to the panel vs. the TV's processor. If it's a processor problem, I could hope for a firmware update, right?.

I have yet to try:
swapping HDMI cables
feeding 60p instead of 24p
update firmware
play Fright Night on another TV

Here's an image of what I'm dealing with. I don't know if this qualifies as "ghosting."

EDIT: Another question: Is there a consensus on whether pressure on the housing causes white clouding? I fear that I caused clouding on my TV by setting it on a table that was smaller than the screen, thereby exerting pressure on the center and causing clouding on the right and left.
post #202 of 2571 Old 05-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehakas View Post

I bought the UN60EH6000 on Friday. I watched some Scott Pilgrim and all of Hanna on Blu-ray via PS3 HDMI and I was pleased with how it looked (the reds were a little harsh but I planned on white balancing that out or something; could've also been Hanna's source). Super Mario Bros Wii also looked fine on component.

However, I ran into a problem when I watched Fright Night, Braveheart, and the end of Sunshine (in other words, it wasn't just one disc). When a dark object moves against a light background, it's leaving a short purplish trail. This is especially pervasive in Fright Night due to its palette. I ruled out all the TV processing (dynamic contrast, dark tone, etc.) and flipped between Y/Pb/Cb and RGB, so I'm afraid that it might be inherent to the TV panel itself. I'm too ignorant to know which problems to attribute to the panel vs. the TV's processor. If it's a processor problem, I could hope for a firmware update, right?.

I have yet to try:
swapping HDMI cables
update firmware

Here's an image of what I'm dealing with. I don't know if this qualifies as "ghosting."

EDIT: Another question: Is there a consensus on whether pressure on the housing causes white clouding? I fear that I caused clouding on my TV by setting it on a table that was smaller than the screen, thereby exerting pressure on the center and causing clouding on the right and left.

What you are seeing is image trailing. Typical of LCDs and almost all Samsung LCD-LED Tvs I have seen have it. Its the panel.
post #203 of 2571 Old 05-21-2012, 04:06 PM

I just got back from the store with my UN46EH6000. With all the tests and images, so far it looks like I got a good one.

See attached pic. The pic shows the start screen for max payne 3. Notice the blocks of white grouped pixels. I plugged my samsung 40-69FX back up and notice something similar, but the blocks were not really in groups, but on a pixel by pixel basis.

Return it or is this normal?

LL
post #204 of 2571 Old 05-21-2012, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just got my mom and dad a UN46EH6000 and they love it. I cant find many people
in the reviews who do not like this TV,so,,, Today I bought one for the bedroom. Im not braggin but it is cool, I now have 4 TVs a Blueray Player and a microwave all by Samsung,,,,,67,61,46,and37...im also runnin a WDTV live where the 46 will be so the
internet stuff is no problem. This Tv is rear lit instead of side lit and may have a better
picture then the edge lit tvs. The two HDMI ports are no problem eather, you can buy
a 3 in 1 HDMI switch for about 30 bucks if you need more ports,so im giving it a shot.
Mark
post #205 of 2571 Old 05-22-2012, 08:17 AM

dandaroy, thanks for your quick response. I found some of your other posts about image trailing on your Samsung, and I ran that moving circle pattern WMV and I could clearly see the purple trailing against gray backgrounds, but not white backgrounds (this was expected). Then I hooked up my old TV (Samsung B630) with the same movie and everything (the only variable I changed was the TV) and of course there was natural motion blur but it wasn't purple.

The good news is that on the EH6000, I had brightness at 45, but when I turned it up to 50, the purple went away. It's a little unfortunate because 50 seems a little too bright for movies (letterbox bars on scope movies are more gray than I prefer) but I might try to get used to it. The alternative is returning the TV and rolling the dice on something else.

For the record, the screen finish of the UN60EH6000 is slightly more reflective than the B630, but it does fine in a room with dark curtains.
post #206 of 2571 Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 AM

Anyone tried watching hockey on this thing? Any problems with brightness, flashes or motion?
post #207 of 2571 Old 05-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Grt

Regarding some questions on back lit vs. edge lit: I submitted two questions to the Samsung BB rep to clarify what this set uses. The first response was it was edge lit. I checked with several reps at Samsung and they confirmed it was full array. I submitted the question a second time to BB, along with a link where the CEO of the company was quoted as saying it was full array, and the BB rep still said it was edge lit. I have had the same types of issues with reps regarding specs with LG and Sharp, so I would never take what they say as the final word. Often times they just refer to the web site and those are often incorrect as well. According to official Samsung press releases for this set, it is full array with no local dimming. It was also confirmed to be full array by CNET.
post #208 of 2571 Old 05-24-2012, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Is there any way to shut off the speakers and get variable audio out? I was playing with it and it seems like the analog audio out is only variable when the speakers are on. (Which seems incredibly stupid.)

My dad just bought a UN40EH6000 and I'm trying to make things as simple as possible. I'd like to have the TV's remote control control the volume level. As soon as I disable the internal speakers, the audio is fixed and the volume control doesn't work.

I also don't want to buy an additional programmable remote just to get the audio working properly.

Thanks,
BP
post #209 of 2571 Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehakas View Post

I have yet to try:
swapping HDMI cables
update firmware

I have the EH5000 and I see similar issues at rare occasions on my usage, I think its a panel limitation since samsung opted to use a slower panel on the EH series.
post #210 of 2571 Old 05-25-2012, 07:44 AM

I consider myself pretty darn critical of TVs (bought and returned *4* TVs before settling on this one) and I've noticed quite a bit of ghosting on various LCD computer monitors throughout my 20+ years of heavy gaming. I can honestly say that I notice literally zero ghosting or soap opera or any of those issues with this TV. Maybe I got lucky with my panel, but outside of the darker corners and some soft tones here and there (which I expect to be fixed once someone posts professional calibration settings), this TV is a winner for me.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030 , Samsung Ln46c630 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page