Official Samsung UNXXEH6000 Owners' Thread - Page 87 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2581 of 2584 Old 06-26-2015, 10:18 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Originally Posted by theturcs View Post
Hello all,
I have a UN50EH6000 (CH01) I got last year and I recently started to have some issues. it started about a month ago when I found my TV wouldn't turn on. Standby light would start to pulse then after 5 seconds would shut off then go back to being solid. I left it for about a day and I went to try it again and it started functioning normally. Since then however, the TV randomly power cycles during use, taking about 5-8 seconds after the screen cuts before it is back on. It was only happening once every few hours but it happened 4 times within 30 minutes the other day. No further issues with turning the TV on though.
I just started having the same problem a couple of days ago, and now the TV constantly cycles on and off within a couple seconds. Did you find a solution? What can I do about it?
Sponsored Links
post #2582 of 2584 Old 07-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Liked: 11
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
Sure. I'll let you know in a couple of hours.
1.5 years later....
Anyways id like to know also Ive had this for while now but just picked up rasberry pi 2 loaded openelec *kodi* and would like to use my remote but there are no options in TV menu yet 3 year older Samsung TV in living room does..go figure

Last edited by demo23019; 07-04-2015 at 12:31 PM.
post #2583 of 2584 Old 07-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have the updated firmware 1024 and everything has been working great... All my settings carried over. The best change is the fix for being able to disable auto motion plus.
post #2584 of 2584 Old 09-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Liked: 0
There is no official CEC support on the EH6000. You can enable the Anynet+ menu from the extended service menu but in my experience CEC doesn't actually work, I've been trying to make it work with 3 different devices (rpi1, pulse-eight usb CEC injector on a openelec machine and a chromecast V1) but none of them can talk CEC to the TV set (and of course I'm using a HDMI cable with pin 13 wired, did the power cycle trick, etc.). tried this with FW 1024 and 1012 and I'm only getting the no device found in the Anynet+ search device menu.

Also ex-link in this tv (at least my UN46EH6000F) is a bust, after sending any hex command (with or without framing) to the port in autowall or MDC mode I only get a 7e flag back, sometimes 7e 5e too but nothing else, with UART switched to debug mode the output is a constant stream of non readable stuff (with a serial terminal @ 9600 or 115200, nothing is working for me), I've tried MDC mode and sent MDC codes too, tried ON1 and ON2 modes all of this to no avail. tried this with the settings; "auto on" on and "eco mode" off, NADA!

[rant] I've spend too much time on this, I think Samsung wins this one, though I'm not upgrading any time soon I'm building an IR blaster for my HTPC and call it quits for now Also in my research I've learned a lot about Samsung's QA, customer service and user satisfaction... maybe this is only a thing in the North america region and the Tijuana plant but I really doubt my next TV will be a Samsung. [rant]
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Samsung , Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un46eh6000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030 , Samsung Ln46c630 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page