Any Solution to the Infamous TCL Firmware Fail? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-23-2012, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
After purchasing one of the Amazon bargain basement TCL 40 inch LCDs over black friday, I was starting to get the HDMI cutout more and more (no audio or picture for a few seconds, then back to normal).

I followed the precise instructions to install a firmware upgrade for the set and had the same problem that it seemed countless others have had according to Amazon and the web. No video, not even the TCL bootup message. The firmware upgrade seems to effectively kill any and all video output to the set.

Has anyone found a factory reset or another firmware or ANYTHING I can do or does the firmware file they have posted to the site actually kill their sets for good?

I'm astounded by this actually, after seeing the firmware posted and poised to solve the exact problem my set was having, to see it brick my TV and so many others...Pretty scary stuff.

Was hoping that someone at AVSForum had found a way to fix. I still hear sound so I know the set is still working. Video just totally died on it post-firmware just like everyone else's.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page