Samsung 750A Series (HL61/HL67) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-26-2012, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, never mind - my lack of functioning brain cells tonight 0 I saw 750A, but not LCD (vs LED) - duh!

==============================

Hello all!

Sorry I seem to be a bit late to the party, so to speak.

I have had my HL61 & HL67 (HL61A750A1FXZA/HL67A750A1FXZA) units since Jan '09. Showing how well I read the manuals on them, I never realized that the WiseLink was just their fancy name for a USB port (LOL) - I thought it was an additional piece of equipment. Now, in researching a way to play x264/mkv files without having to invest in a new BR player.

I have done a LOT of searching, but have only been able to find Samsung site references to the latest firmware (for each model) - could someone PLEASE post the latest version and instructions on how to upgrade it?

When I insert a USB sick with files on it, the ONLY options I get for it are PHOTO, MUSIC, and SETTINGS - *NOTHING* for video files.

I have no idea what version of firmware they have, nor how to access them.

Sorry for being such a n00b on this But many thanks for some help with it all.

I did notice a lot of people talking about writing letters to Tim Baxter about "unfulfilled promises" of 3D compatibility and full MPEG4/h264 playback from the USB port. I have had great success in the past in getting to corporate executives on issues (AND getting them resolved satisfactorily). This would not only be a class-action suite, it would also be a CLEAR case of false advertising, which, in itself, is a crime.

Before I can make any calls, however, I need to be sure I have the latest firmware from Samsung, in order to be able to test everything out.

Thanks much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-07-2012, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...HL67A750A1FXZA
Here is the link if you click on the upgrade guide it will show you how to check firmware and download. BY the way are you set up with 3D on this TV?
post #3 of 3 Old 03-07-2012, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted an update (with firmware details) in the correct forum for this model (the LED, not the LCD).

I am not setup for 3D on it - 3D & my eyes don't do so well I do ok in an IMAX, and some of the Real3D shows, but wouldn't bother with it at home. I'll wait for true holography
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page