Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE844U Owners thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 3653 Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandborn View Post

Thanks for the reply...so with sports, is it the motion blur that bothers you? Have you tried turning off or lowering the aquo motion or setting it to off?For me, as long as blu ray and hd tv look great, I can live with the other issues...More pics when u can my friend and thanks again!

I tried all the settings from Aquamotion to Off, and I found that "Off" was the solution, espeically when I'm watching NHL. When "Off", there's no trail for the puck, but when I set to a higher setting, there's seems to be double vision on the puck. Again, I'm not sure if there's other settings that I can set to eliminate that, but, nonetheless, I still think this TV is great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 3653 Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post

What happens when you watch sports? Do you get lag or tails? I thought the 240hz would help that.

I thought so too, but I guess it doesn't work properly because the only way to eliminate that is to have it "Off" mode.
post #543 of 3653 Old 04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post

What happens when you watch sports? Do you get lag or tails? I thought the 240hz would help that.

We have the 632U up and running, and I have not seen a lot of motion issues watching sports.
post #544 of 3653 Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by devious996TT View Post

I thought so too, but I guess it doesn't work properly because the only way to eliminate that is to have it "Off" mode.

Unfortunately this set is not 240hz .
post #545 of 3653 Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by devious996TT View Post

Thanks!

I can't really say it's better or not better, but I can tell you that when watching bluray movies, it does give me that wow factor, the PQ and the sheer size! I'm sure other commpetitors will have its pros and cons, but the major downfall, in my opinion, is when I watch sports. Not sure if I have the settings correct, but even at factory settings, it's still poor. Other than that, I think the TV is great even when watching regular HDTV.

That is disappointing. I watch a lot of sports and TV. More so than BRs.

What provider do you have, if you don't mind my asking.

Any owner here with Fios TV?
post #546 of 3653 Old 04-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

We have the 632U up and running, and I have not seen a lot of motion issues watching sports.

Unfortunately, if you have the 632U set to 120 Low or High you sometimes get a duplicate puck or golf ball when watching Hockey or Golf. Quite distracting actually, so I have to turn off the 120Hz mode those times. Otherwise, it seems to work fairly well. Wish I could say the same for the film mode but it leaves some very strange artifacts around objects in motion when they interact with something else in the scene. I love my set but I have to honestly say that Sharp's are fairly mediocre in the motion processing enhancements. This is pretty good news for the purists, I guess, but I've never been a fan of 24FPS judder.
post #547 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 01:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post

Unfortunately, if you have the 632U set to 120 Low or High you sometimes get a duplicate puck or golf ball when watching Hockey or Golf. Quite distracting actually, so I have to turn off the 120Hz mode those times. Otherwise, it seems to work fairly well. Wish I could say the same for the film mode but it leaves some very strange artifacts around objects in motion when they interact with something else in the scene. I love my set but I have to honestly say that Sharp's are fairly mediocre in the motion processing enhancements. This is pretty good news for the purists, I guess, but I've never been a fan of 24FPS judder.

Interesting since i never used lcd, if you have 120hz off, can the tv still accept and sync at 23.967 fps for movies?
post #548 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post

That is disappointing. I watch a lot of sports and TV. More so than BRs.

What provider do you have, if you don't mind my asking.

Any owner here with Fios TV?

I have Fios TV. I watched a bunch of the Masters both in 3d and normal HD broadcast and it looked great. I was watching a little hockey last night and everything looked crisp and clear. Any specific Fios questions?

Overall, I'm very happy even though I have one red pixel which I can't even see unless my nose is on the screen and 2 dimmer pea-sized areas during all white scenes.

I got the extended warranty from Sharp and after the calibration from ChadB, I'll make a decision if I want to call them about the 2 dim areas.
post #549 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 67
What if they want to exchange your set after you've paid for the calibration. Just wondering
post #550 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I would like to see the 80 ich 844 in action. Does magnolia at BB have any of these setup? I live in Northern VA, near DC if anyone knows of a place to view.
post #551 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback View Post

I would like to see the 80 ich 844 in action. Does magnolia at BB have any of these setup? I live in Northern VA, near DC if anyone knows of a place to view.

The Magnolias in the Chicagoland area that I've visited didn't have it. Abt has it though and I was glad to be able to see it there.
post #552 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Same here. I have now watched golf, baseball, soccer, hockey, tennis, football, and Nascar and haven't noticed any motion problems. I have finally reached the point where I am enjoying the game/race instead of looking for blurs.
post #553 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrbaughra View Post

Same here. I have now watched golf, baseball, soccer, hockey, tennis, football, and Nascar and haven't noticed any motion problems. I have finally reached the point where I am enjoying the game/race instead of looking for blurs.

No blurs on my 80" 632 & I have mine set @ 120 low
I also have watch all of the above as rohrbaughra has as well
I seen one ball make a trail/streak @ "The Masters" BUT that was always the same camera shot on the 17th hole the rest was great !! Even the hook shot that won for Bubba was no motions issues as well ....

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #554 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser View Post

I have only had my new 844 running yesterday and today and didn't notice this initially (but now I do all the time) - was watching hockey with half of the screen white due to ice and I noticed a large lighter area in the lower part of the screen with white lines outlining it - also noted 2 small triangular shaped (1" on the side) darker areas - one on the lower right part of the screen and one almost in the center about an inch up from the bottom - present on all inputs - called Sharp Aquos service and they had me go through a reboot process and it still showed up. They are going to have me send in pics - sounds like I get a replacement!

Anyone else seen this on other LCD's?

Attaching pics - you can see the V shaped area near CUP in the lower left part of the pic and then a small triangle about an inch away and then on the right hand lower corner another triangle.

Still love the set but another hassle to go through.

Just spoke with Sharp today - the senior engineer thinks that it might be internal damage to the diffusion plate so they authorized a replacement TV - should be shipped from their Memphis warehouse in the next day or so and I should have it by end of next week. They also said they would take the current TV down and remount the new one. So far so good!
post #555 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

Interesting since i never used lcd, if you have 120hz off, can the tv still accept and sync at 23.967 fps for movies?

Yes - and you can still use the film mode settings if you want. If you wish to avoid the film mode artifacts you should use OFF or STANDARD (if available).
post #556 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC26 View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-LC80LE844U-80-inch-3D-LED/dp/B0076LY88Q/

I'm thinking about buying this in the next week and was wondering if this was a good deal. What did you guys pay?

No price talk in this thread. There is a special thread for deals/pricing.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1386054

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #557 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 269
So I saw this one at Frys and they had a demo loop with trailers for blurays of several movies (serious soap opera effect everywhere and really bad skin tone for the original Superman). Also, a soccer clip had stutter every 15secs or so (the screen would freeze then resume several frames later). Unfortunately, that loop only ran on that set so no idea where/what the problem was. It's terrible what they do with these things.

Other than that, I thought the picture was quite crisp and blacks looked pretty good. But then I looked at a Sammy plasma and holy black levels batman! Eek. Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.

They also had the 732 model playing one of the star wars prequels (they all melted in my mind into one big sucky goo). Didn't see motion issue except for the SOE. I think maybe the 844 is sharper, but I could just be fooling myself.

What are reasons to prefer 844 if you don't care about 3d at all?

Edit: sorry, the other model is the 632 (80") not 732
post #558 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
barth, never just a tv at the store, plain and simple.

As for the benefits, 80 inch size, class leading price and oh very very very good pq.

And take a look at the posts here and see how few complain about the pq.

case closed
post #559 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post

What are reasons to prefer 844 if you don't care about 3d at all?

you don't consider a 844 then.......................................
you save yourself 1K+ & buy a 632 80"

Mike

post #560 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 PM

Today i receive my TV, great picture, but when i tray to see sonething in 3d it was with a lot of blur and vibrating it was just impossible to see, how can i fix these?
post #561 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
gecampos, need you to post your settings before we can try to help
post #562 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 PM

Suzook

In general is in the factory settings; in system options the 3D depth contro is in auto, in av mode is in movie (3d), opc off, the motion enhancement i can not selected, quad pixel plus is in advanced, film mode is advanced +3, digital noise reduction is in the middle, monochrome is in off, range of OPC max -2, min -16.

When in the movie is not movement looks okey but if there is action its makes a lot of blur.

thanks
post #563 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 10:56 PM

Is it possible to just plug in the TV and power it up as it is still sitting in the box in order to inspect the screen upon arrival?

I'm just curious about what other owners have done when their TVs were delivered, as I assume (maybe incorrectly?) that the delivery people wouldn't assemble and attach the stand to the TV, for example.
post #564 of 3653 Old 04-18-2012, 11:34 PM

What glasses are you using for 3D?
post #565 of 3653 Old 04-19-2012, 02:57 AM

Okay now that my TV finally is on it's stand, it seems a little shaky. Not that earthquakes are frequent out here in DC but we did have a good shaker last year, what do people do to anchor the TV? It just seems like it could topple due to it being 21" up on the stand I have.
post #566 of 3653 Old 04-19-2012, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterslacker View Post

Okay now that my TV finally is on it's stand, it seems a little shaky. Not that earthquakes are frequent out here in DC but we did have a good shaker last year, what do people do to anchor the TV? It just seems like it could topple due to it being 21" up on the stand I have.

you can attach a steel cable to the mounting holes on the back & attach that to wall
That would give you piece of mind , I did that with my 60" Sharp before I got the 80"
Sanus now holds the 80" up on the wall now
if you need the bolt size PM me & i'll check the extra bolts that came with my mount , I used heavy picture frame wire & some large area washers , lag bolt into a wall stud

Mike

post #567 of 3653 Old 04-19-2012, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwilso View Post

Is it possible to just plug in the TV and power it up as it is still sitting in the box in order to inspect the screen upon arrival?

I'm just curious about what other owners have done when their TVs were delivered, as I assume (maybe incorrectly?) that the delivery people wouldn't assemble and attach the stand to the TV, for example.

yeah you can ! the box is a 2 part'er
the 80" sits in a cradle of sorts (blocks of foam ) in a bottom box.
the top part of the box is pulled up & away ,
the box bottom is a separate piece & the power input is about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom as well as the HDMI inputs also . both are on the left side as you look at the 80" from the front .

Mike

post #568 of 3653 Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecampos View Post

Today i receive my TV, great picture, but when i tray to see sonething in 3d it was with a lot of blur and vibrating it was just impossible to see, how can i fix these?

After a lot of experimentation, I found that Game Mode (3D) produced the least image crosstalk. I haven't had a chance to see if I can tweak movie mode for the same results. One of the things I noticed is that Game Mode uses a lower setting for the 3D brightness boost, which I think helps.

You can also experiment with changing from Auto to Manual 3D depth control, but I find that this just lets you find a general compromise. So basically the crosstalk shifts from things that appear close to things that appear far away, or you lose depth perception. I ended up liking the Game Mode the best. it was a little low on color so I boosted that a bit too. I think that's all I changed, but not 100% sure.
post #569 of 3653 Old 04-19-2012, 05:55 AM

OK...I received mine Tuesday and everything is good to go. One strange thing that I believe should be easy to fix, though...

I tried streaming Netflix and it worked fine in terms of logging into my account and navigating the interface. But, the audio never switched from the original feed (in this case TV via FIOS). I run my DVR into my Denon AVR (4308) and then into the Sharp and everything else (i.e. Blu Ray, HDDVD, WD live Hub) etc. work fine. I started a program on Netflix and audio was coming from the Sharp along with the original feed through my Denon.

I get all of the apps on the Sharp via XBOX and the WD so i'm not overly concerned, just wondering why this is happening.
post #570 of 3653 Old 04-19-2012, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterslacker View Post

I live in an earthquake-prone area, so I put velcro strips (available at most hardware stores for a couple of bucks) on the bottom of the 80" Sharp stand and attached it to my TV/component stand. Unless the TV/component stand falls over (doubtful), the TV isn't going anywhere.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Sharp Lc80le844u 80 Inch 3d Led Tv , Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc 70le632u Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch Lcd 70 Class Quattron Led Smart 3d Tv , Sharp Aquos Lc 80le844u 80 Inch Led Hdtv , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page