Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE844U Owners thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Newbie
 
jonv8944s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

You are decidedly in the minority here but thats ok. I had a UN65C8000 and felt it to be not that significantly better pq wise. Of course with the horrid build quality I had to go through five defective ones and finally had samsung buy it back. An audio lag while certainly irritating isnt enough to put this set under a samsung but thats my humble opinion

But you are comparing a LCD to an LCD. I was comparing the 64D8000 to it, which is a Plasma vs the LC80's LCD. I am no videophile as I have explained many times before but I know what looks good, and the 64d8000 looks better then the lc80. To each his own.

To add a bit more 'feedback' When they came to get the 80 inch TV the installer actually said 'yeah my cousin got one, and I told him to return it, because of they sound sync issue.' I about fell out of my seat. I told him thats the exact reason I was returning this. And he said 'yeah, and you better not play video games on it, its slow responding.' I told the guy 'wow you just made me feel a whole lot better, I thought I might be crazy as I was trying to explain this to the ABT service center, and they thought I was crazy.'

Anyways, I understand mine is just one of the many opinions, and its only valid for me, but I am telling everyone, SEE the tv first. Don't make the rookie mistake I made, I ordered it sight unseen.

GL with whatever folks get, including the 'new version' of this tv (the point in this thread). Hopefully its rocking!
jonv8944s is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Newbie
 
jonv8944s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post

ABT is amazing. I live in Chicago (the "real chicago not the suburbs) and, despite the taxes, they do there BEST to match crazy internet pricing while providing simply unmatched support.

We shall see how much the
80" 847
70" 945

These are my 2 choices.

Will be sitting about 8 feet away and use it for HTPC/Windows Desktop (typing on 73" dying DLP now)/PC Gaming/XBOX etc.

lol. I used to tell people that all the time, 'I live in REAL Chicago' and would explain that if their license didn't say 'Chicago, IL' then they didn't live in 'Chicago.' But I stopped caring, if people want to 'claim' a city they don't actually live in.. let em. But I'm with ya, F the burbs ;-)

Yeah, no 844s were in yet, but they had the prices on the computer, which he showed me. Guy was super cool, it was a bit of a 'trek' out there (again living in chicago), but it was worth it. I picked the TV on Friday, they came today to swap it out. They took away the 80 incher

Oh and 80 inches and 8 feet away, uh.. don't do it. We were 11 feet away when I had mine on our wall, and that was just about minimum without getting nauseous or headaches from your eyes scanning across side to side to see the image. GL in your choice though!
jonv8944s is offline  
post #33 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
a review ...

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...c80le844u.html


seems Maybe or Maybe Not ! that 240 IS a AquoMotion software on these ...
( the review says one thing then refers to Aquamotion later in the review SOO the book is still out on if it's really a native 240 or software i'd guess)

more

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...4u-prices.html

still more


http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...fications.html

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
post #34 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
SonyHome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

a review ...

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...c80le844u.html


seems Maybe or Maybe Not ! that 240 IS a AquoMotion software on these ...
( the review says one thing then refers to Aquamotion later in the review SOO the book is still out on if it's really a native 240 or software i'd guess)

more

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...4u-prices.html

still more


http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...fications.html

Have you seen any information on dimension for 80" 844? I'm waiting for this but wanted make sure it fits in my entertainment center.

Thanks.
SonyHome is offline  
post #35 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Suzook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHome View Post


Have you seen any information on dimension for 80" 844? I'm waiting for this but wanted make sure it fits in my entertainment center.

Thanks.

Should be same as 80 632
Suzook is offline  
post #36 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHome View Post

Have you seen any information on dimension for 80" 844? I'm waiting for this but wanted make sure it fits in my entertainment center.

Thanks.

I read it has the same bezel as the 632 80" .........IIRC.......

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
post #37 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Suzook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post


I read it has the same bezel as the 632 80" .........IIRC.......

Too slow ;-)
Suzook is offline  
post #38 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
SonyHome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Should be same as 80 632

Thanks. That should fit.
SonyHome is offline  
post #39 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
SonyHome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is there any way you can have these LCD sets have there stand be set so screen is flush with front on entertainment center? I'm assuming balance would not be optimal if you did that and would need some type of harness to secure it. I was just thinking it would not look nice if the TV was set several inches inside the cabinet.

Thanks.
SonyHome is offline  
post #40 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHome View Post

Is there any way you can have these LCD sets have there stand be set so screen is flush with front on entertainment center? I'm assuming balance would not be optimal if you did that and would need some type of harness to secure it. I was just thinking it would not look nice if the TV was set several inches inside the cabinet.

Thanks.

center of balance would not allow it , that's why alot of us are going with the wall mount instead .. I was entertaining putting straps on the base & a retaining wires on the back upper bolt holes & but then that got Way Too Buzy looking & a mount would look cleaner .. one guy on the 832 80" thread has his on a mount inside his Entertainment Center

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
post #41 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Suzook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post


center of balance would not allow it , that's why alot of us are going with the wall mount instead .. I was entertaining putting straps on the base & a retaining wires on the back upper bolt holes & but then that got Way Too Buzy looking & a mount would look cleaner .. one guy on the 832 80" thread has his on a mount inside his Entertainment Center

Why not use an articulating mount to push it out?
Suzook is offline  
post #42 of 3648 Old 03-10-2012, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
that's what I'm using is a articulating mount as my 80" has to clear my fireplace mantel & at the same time be low enough that the display is not @ the ceiling .
I've seen an entertainment center that had doors that closed fully & when you opened the doors the Display was also on a articulating mount that the display was to be pulled out & then angled for the best viewing . It was a very high end set-up . But his wife didn't want the display dominating the room when it was not in use there for the reason for the doors & the mount .. Me ,I'm not that picky thou I do like a clean look . & the Sanus 228 fits that bill ..for me

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
post #43 of 3648 Old 03-11-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
anthonymoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: ny, ny usa
Posts: 5,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Hmm I'm a touch skeptical of that "review" as it's really not much of a review, and the set in the photo could easily be a 632. It's possible they got an early 844, and I know they're due shortly. Still, that left me wanting (much!) more...

Thanks for posting though, and verrrrrry interesting about the street price in the other thread! I can only imagine it'll push the 632 that much lower. Egads.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
anthonymoody is offline  
post #44 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
samendolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Malbar, FL
Posts: 1,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
I've Been waiting a long time with an empty wall mount . Not too many large screens around which aren't edge lit.

I have do have high hopes for this unit . I'll wait to see some reviews to see of the sync issues or lag are present before I waste my time.

3D gaming on an 80" screen should be quite impressive.
samendolaro is offline  
post #45 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Suzook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I wonder who will be first to get one !!!!!!
Suzook is offline  
post #46 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
rjruby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nazareth, PA, USA
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

I wonder who will be first to get one !!!!!!

I hope Chad B so he can do a review and calibration.
rjruby is offline  
post #47 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Suzook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
well they should be in stores any day so maybe Chad will be the first !!
Suzook is offline  
post #48 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sjchmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,764
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yes, I can't wait to see how much longer it takes him to calibrat QuadPixel^2 vs. the first one!
sjchmura is offline  
post #49 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post

Yes, I can't wait to see how much longer it takes him to calibrat QuadPixel^2 vs. the first one!

QuadPixel plusV2 could just be a simple software update ,
marketing is marketing !
I'll believe it when I seen it or when Chad does a calibration & gives his unbiased report .....
I wish I was in his area ...

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
post #50 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
 
ordo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Bumped into a Sharp rep. at Sear's today. Because of poor sales quantities they will only get the lower end models. Unless they sell more they will not get the new 80 inchers and if they get last years it will only if they have too many 832's to sell. He also said that the new 80 inch 844 model has Aquamotion 480. I asked if he was implying that the panel itself was a true 240 . He said it was the only one in their line (except fore the Elites) that were.
ordo is offline  
post #51 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Suzook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordo View Post


Bumped into a Sharp rep. at Sear's today. Because of poor sales quantities they will only get the lower end models. Unless they sell more they will not get the new 80 inchers and if they get last years it will only if they have too many 832's to sell. He also said that the new 80 inch 844 model has Aquamotion 480. I asked if he was implying that the panel itself was a true 240 . He said it was the only one in their line (except fore the Elites) that were.

Not surprised because when is the last time you hear anyone buying from Sears for larger tv's

No disrespect but to me Sears is more apt to go under before Best Buy
Suzook is offline  
post #52 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Not surprised because when is the last time you hear anyone buying from Sears for larger tv's

No disrespect but to me Sears is more apt to go under before Best Buy

Sears around here been selling the 632 80" cheaper than BB by $500 but they get on their credit charges of around 25% from the second you walk outta the door ......

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
post #53 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sjchmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,764
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Who would buy such a luxury item on credit?
sjchmura is offline  
post #54 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Suzook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
the only reason is if its interest free. no way I would ever pay a bank a dime of interest
Suzook is offline  
post #55 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post

Who would buy such a luxury item on credit?

Simple, buyer protection. It's the smart thing to do. If you buy it, and have problems within the first 30 days with the tv that the seller won't fix, you can get the cc company to reverse charges. Saves you hassles when buying online or locally. Then pay it off fully before interest accrues.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory"
wxman is online now  
post #56 of 3648 Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sjchmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,764
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post

Simple, buyer protection. It's the smart thing to do. If you buy it, and have problems within the first 30 days with the tv that the seller won't fix, you can get the cc company to reverse charges. Saves you hassles when buying online or locally. Then pay it off fully before interest accrues.

Oh, I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you meant "buy it and pay 25% interest".

Sometimes, depending on how you invest, if they offer 0% on 5k why not buy a tax free muni high grade bond fund paying 1.5% and call it - or stick it in Discovercard bank CD and make 1.1% (taxable) or pay down your home mortagage and get "instand interest" and save the next 12 months

Well, I am not insured to give financial advise (no I do not work for these companies just kill cancer)

DocACE911
sjchmura is offline  
post #57 of 3648 Old 03-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Senior Member
 
ordo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Sears around here been selling the 632 80" cheaper than BB by $500 but they get on their credit charges of around 25% from the second you walk outta the door ......

Funny as I too live in California L.A. area. I was told that Sears does not have and will not get the Sharp 80 inch sets. This was the Sharp rep I met in the store. It was also the same guy who told me that the soon to be released 2012 80 inch sets had Aquamotion 480. I asked if that meant that the panel itself was a native 240 and he nodded affirmatively. Does anyone know if he is correct on either???
ordo is offline  
post #58 of 3648 Old 03-13-2012, 03:10 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
anthonymoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: ny, ny usa
Posts: 5,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordo View Post

Funny as I too live in California L.A. area. I was told that Sears does not have and will not get the Sharp 80 inch sets. This was the Sharp rep I met in the store. It was also the same guy who told me that the soon to be released 2012 80 inch sets had Aquamotion 480. I asked if that meant that the panel itself was a native 240 and he nodded affirmatively. Does anyone know if he is correct on either???


Well the initial press release from Sharp on the 844 80" specifically mentioned a new 240 panel so it'd be consistent with that. Also, as discussed, it's a quattron panel whereas the 632 is not. So it's definitely a different panel, making native 240 possible.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
anthonymoody is offline  
post #59 of 3648 Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
anthonymoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: ny, ny usa
Posts: 5,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Just came across this video on the 844.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Q9l...e_gdata_player

One interesting thing the rep says is that we may see a model with local dimming in the not too distant future. Obviously noting substantive, but could be an Elite or 945.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
anthonymoody is offline  
post #60 of 3648 Old 03-14-2012, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post

Just came across this video on the 844.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Q9l...e_gdata_player

One interesting thing the rep says is that we may see a model with local dimming in the not too distant future. Obviously noting substantive, but could be an Elite or 945.

that's been around for awhile ..

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Sharp Lc80le844u 80 Inch 3d Led Tv , Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc 70le632u Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch Lcd 70 Class Quattron Led Smart 3d Tv , Sharp Aquos Lc 80le844u 80 Inch Led Hdtv , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off