Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE844U Owners thread - Page 24 - AVS Forum
First ... 22  23  24 25  26  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE844U Owners thread
planetweckesser's Avatar planetweckesser 05:16 PM 04-24-2012
[quote=jzegart;21943843]So excited...

Ordered my Sharp 80 LC80LE844U from Cleveland Plasma Friday. I live in Prospect, KY and received it Monday morning and absolutely love it! Chris (866-651-0049) at Cleveland Plasma couldn't had been more professional to work with. Did I mention competitive pricing and AAA service too? Even came with a pair of Sharp 3D AN3DG20B glasses which I didn't expect.

Chris (who never sleeps) can best be described as a person who under promises and over delivers. He thinks of everything that can go wrong too. He sent me complete instructions regarding the importance and how to inspect the TV BEFORE signing off on the delivery. The delivery person seemed hesitant, but when I produced Chris's step by step instructions he quickly cooperated.

.QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly - I bought a second 844 from Chris (first came from Paul's) and it was a very pleasant experience - ordered on Sunday afternoon and had the TV this afternoon - no defects noted so far - I had a hockey game on the DVR so I could potentially pick up on the defects I had with my first unit - no problems. The 3D glasses were a pleasnt surprise.

Now the bad news - Sharp is exchanging another TV for my first 844 since it had the problems mentioned in previous posts - that came today also and, just before we mounted it to the articulating arm bracket, I thoght I would follow Chris's advice (even though this was an exchange) - lo and hehold (see attachment) - this is what a cracked LCD looks like on the 844 - needless to say shipment was refused and now Sharp is working on a 2nd exchange - and hopefully some form of compensation for all the time spent. The pic shows all three TV's - the one in the immediate background is from Chris (to be mounted later in a bedroom) and the one behind that is the defective (but still watchible) mounted in family room.

Guess I have some sort of jinx with Sharp TV's - of course the exchange unit was actually a shipping defect, not manufacturing like the first defect. I hope they get it right the third time around.
LL

aupton's Avatar aupton 05:49 PM 04-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

I am using a TX-NR5008. I haven't seen any Sync issues but I did change the input settings to on the HDMI port to thru so the receiver did not do any image processing.

You wouldn't want the receiver and the TV to both do image processing .

Is your netflix output going through the receiver or the TV speakers? If it is coming through the TV speakers and you have Sync issues then something else is going on.

Thanks for your reply, I already have all HDMI ports set to "thru" for the resolution. I don't recall there being a setting for audio, but I'll double check tonight.

Yes the netflix output is going through the TV speakers, I was testing with mostly 80's movies, SD content, Ghostbusters (My favorite movie ) and the lag was significant. I'll test further tonight with other movies, perhaps it was just netflix acting buggy at the time or maybe the embedded netflix client is buggy.
aupton's Avatar aupton 05:51 PM 04-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post

I'm using a TX-NR609B and experienced sync issues initially. I now have the video set to 'DIRECT' or 'GAME' so the receiver does not do any processing for the video portion. I still have occasional sound lag, but far less frequently, but then, I've always had that with my cable. Other sources seem to be ok so far.

Thanks for your reply, I'll compare and take notes tonight. Perhaps there is something common.
turbo_dan's Avatar turbo_dan 07:23 PM 04-24-2012
I'm going to be ordering an 80" here soon. Any chance someone could post up that delivery inspection list? Thanks!

Dan
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 07:42 PM 04-24-2012
Your dealer of choice should go thru those details with you, if they truly care about your overall satisfaction that is.
billdag's Avatar billdag 10:35 PM 04-24-2012
[quote=stebrock;21946269]
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post

I tried with the HDMI cable removed and can confirm, that, on my set, the LED's remain active and undimmed.

"The ED's remain active and undimmed". By this are you saying "black screen"?

Rick

Yes - the screen appears black but the LEDs are on their normal brightness. If you go up and tap the screen you will see the little light explosions wherever you tap. Hit the menu button and that will also confirm that the LEDs haven't dimmed or turned off in this case. From what you've said, I would think that your set behaves normally (re: black levels anyway......).
Are you aware that backlit LCD sets normal state is backlighting on ALL THE TIME (unless you have dynamic lighting turn off or have local zone dimming)?
The screen only appears black because the LCD pixels are not allowing the bright LEDs to shine through.
DannyBaker's Avatar DannyBaker 10:35 PM 04-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Your dealer of choice should go thru those details with you, if they truly care about your overall satisfaction that is.

Yes, they should, but not all dealers do, even authorized dealers who offer "white glove" service. Come on, this isn't like sharing calibration settings that you've worked hard to achieve. This is just industry-standard lookee-sees.

Give a friend a break and let us in on the specific things we should look for when receiving a set for delivery. (Please! )

dB
Suzook's Avatar Suzook 02:59 AM 04-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBaker View Post

Yes, they should, but not all dealers do, even authorized dealers who offer "white glove" service. Come on, this isn't like sharing calibration settings that you've worked hard to achieve. This is just industry-standard lookee-sees.

Give a friend a break and let us in on the specific things we should look for when receiving a set for delivery. (Please! )

dB

Simple. Looked for a sealed box. Look for any obvious dents on the shipping box. If you can remove the top.shipping box prior to them.leaving, do.so and inspect front of panel flashlight for any damage or.issues. Best option is to have them completely inbox and allow a source to check for bad pixels etc.
rjruby's Avatar rjruby 05:33 AM 04-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_dan View Post

I'm going to be ordering an 80" here soon. Any chance someone could post up that delivery inspection list? Thanks!

Dan

OneCall's info: http://www.onecall.com/LandingPage.aspx?lpID=615
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 06:57 AM 04-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Simple. Looked for a sealed box. Look for any obvious dents on the shipping box. If you can remove the top.shipping box prior to them.leaving, do.so and inspect front of panel flashlight for any damage or.issues. Best option is to have them completely inbox and allow a source to check for bad pixels etc.

Actually on LED's, in some cases a crack can not be seen unless the unit is powered on. As the picture above at the top of this page shows, it is obvious if a screen is cracked. The bottom line is unbox, inspect, power on before the driver leaves. No Exceptions !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBaker View Post

Come on, this isn't like sharing calibration settings that you've worked hard to achieve. This is just industry-standard lookee-sees.

dB

Geese, you pried it out of us
Suzook's Avatar Suzook 06:59 AM 04-25-2012
Quote:

Actually on LED's, in some cases a crack can not be seen unless the unit is powered on. As the picture above at the top of this page shows, it is obvious if a screen is cracked. The bottom line is unbox, inspect, power on before the driver leaves. No Exceptions !

Actually we consider it a trade secret.

Ok that too
Suzook's Avatar Suzook 07:05 AM 04-25-2012
Quote:

Geese, you pried it out of us.

CP US Appliance has it for 44xx shipped. Can you match

sorry move to pricing thread
alleybj's Avatar alleybj 09:30 AM 04-25-2012
Thanks
samendolaro's Avatar samendolaro 10:10 AM 04-25-2012
[quote=planetweckesser;21946988]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzegart View Post

Guess I have some sort of jinx with Sharp TV's - of course the exchange unit was actually a shipping defect, not manufacturing like the first defect. I hope they get it right the third time around.

You do have some type of luck.... all bad

Was the box actually damaged ? It looks like they may have rammed another pallet into the box. Its looks like a crush and not a drop.
xRUSTYx's Avatar xRUSTYx 10:38 AM 04-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser View Post

Sorry to hear Planet!

I cancelled my dentist appt today because my 844 is being delivered! Hoping that since it only had to come 200 or so miles, it will be in better shape!

I'll keep this thread posted on outcome of the 844 via Sharp's Replacement Warehouse in Memphis.

Did the replacement come with 3d Glasses planet? Although you didn't keep it, did they come with? Just need to figure that out so I can go ahead and order some if they didn't!

Keep us posted planet!
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 11:39 AM 04-25-2012
Suzook >>> Close to there everyday price.......we include 2 pairs 3D glasses
xRUSTYx's Avatar xRUSTYx 01:46 PM 04-25-2012
844 had a crack in it .... Big 12 inch swirl ....

Its going back to sharp.

i'll keep ya'll posted. so disheartening

EDITED:
The crack/dead spot was about the size of a half dollar right in the middle of the screen. The crack fanned out from there.

Much like a rock through a window - you have the big spot where the impact happened, then cracks that lead away from it.

Same thing ... I'm guessing some sort of corner of a pallet/fork lift/etc... is what nicked it. Box was in perfect shape however.
xRUSTYx's Avatar xRUSTYx 02:09 PM 04-25-2012
Sharp is sending TV #3 ...

There (2) distribution centers around here ... 1 is located in Memphis (where TV #2 was shipped from) and 1 is located in Illionois. I requested a TV from the Illinois distribution center for TV #3.

Seeing as both Planet & I got TV's from the Memphis Center, I figured, I might as well try a different one.

now the wait begins again ....

I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH -- SHARP BUYERS, RECORD A HOCKEY GAME. WHEN THE TV COMES, IMMEDIATELY PUT IT ON. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE ALL DISCREPANCIES WITHIN THE SCREEN WITH A WHITE BACKGROUND.
planetweckesser's Avatar planetweckesser 02:27 PM 04-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRUSTYx View Post

Sharp is sending TV #3 ...

There (2) distribution centers around here ... 1 is located in Memphis (where TV #2 was shipped from) and 1 is located in Illionois. I requested a TV from the Illinois distribution center for TV #3.

Seeing as both Planet & I got TV's from the Memphis Center, I figured, I might as well try a different one.

now the wait begins again ....

I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH -- SHARP BUYERS, RECORD A HOCKEY GAME. WHEN THE TV COMES, IMMEDIATELY PUT IT ON. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE ALL DISCREPANCIES WITHIN THE SCREEN WITH A WHITE BACKGROUND.

I did just that with the one from Cleveland Plasma (non-defective set) and everything checkout out 100%.

Mine came from Memphis also - Memphis to Orlando 1 day and then to Sarasota 2 days later. The crew that delivered it was rather scruffy - unmarked white truck. Did you get yours from NVC logistics by the way. I can't believe the number of cracked screens - this is the third one I have heard about on this thread (at least) - perhaps it is the large screens that are difficult to transport or the bad delivery services

What was the problem with your first TV?
mnahmia's Avatar mnahmia 02:33 PM 04-25-2012
I have a question for the members posting in this thread:
Would like to move up to a 65 plasma or 80 LCD.I have a large family room which is very bright during the day with lots of windows.Light control in practice only at night.Should I go for top image quality but smaller screen or size.I currently have a Panasonic 50ST30,and can't really visually distinguish a well adjusted tv set from one that is,barring very obvious motion defects.Personally I am more tempted by size,but I would appreciate your opinions.
planetweckesser's Avatar planetweckesser 02:58 PM 04-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnahmia View Post

Would like to move up to a 65 plasma or 80 LCD.I have a large family room which is very bright during the day with lots of windows.Light control in practice only at night.Should I go for top image quality but smaller screen or size.I currently have a Panasonic 50ST30,and can't really visually distinguish a well adjusted tv set from one that is,barring very obvious motion defects.Personally I am more tempted by size,but I would appreciate your opinions.

I have big sliders in my family room with lots of light - Sharp works fine - you get both size and quality - no contest over a 65" screen
planetweckesser's Avatar planetweckesser 03:30 PM 04-25-2012
Quote:

xRUSTYx

What was the problem with your first TV?

I answered my own question by looking back on your posts - you had the "blob" and small triangle issue like I did - lets hope the third time is the charm .

It should be standard practice for everyone not just to power up the unit but to put on a source with a lot of white screens e.g. Hockey games - if you have extension power cord ready to go and a long HDMI cable hooked up to your HD-DVR- the whole process should take 5 minutes or so
xRUSTYx's Avatar xRUSTYx 03:39 PM 04-25-2012
yup ...

Mine came via NVC Logistics too ....

The guys that delivered mine were scruffy as well, although nice.

The TV itself was not secure in the truck ... When I saw that, I figured we might have problems.

I asked sharp if they could send the TV WITH a tech out to make sure it go here safely = There response was a No Go, and they only have 1 way of shipping them ...

Here's praying the 3rd TV is the charm. My sharp rep has to hate me by this point.
teachsac's Avatar teachsac 04:01 PM 04-25-2012
Quote:

yup ...

The TV itself was not secure in the truck ... When I saw that, I figured we might have problems.

I asked sharp if they could send the TV WITH a tech out to make sure it go here safely = There response was a No Go, and they only have 1 way of shipping them ...

Here's praying the 3rd TV is the charm. My sharp rep has to hate me by this point.

I bet they hate the delivery people even more. That's their bottom line they're eating.

S~
teachsac's Avatar teachsac 04:03 PM 04-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnahmia View Post

Quote:

I have big sliders in my family room with lots of light - Sharp works fine - you get both size and quality - no contest over a 65" screen

Agree. I'm moving from a 65vt25 to the Sharp 844.

S~
xRUSTYx's Avatar xRUSTYx 04:08 PM 04-25-2012
We moved from a 65" Plasma to an 80" Sharp LED.

Sharp LED win's hands down. The large window is probably 2-3 feet from the TV and we've had no issues
stebrock's Avatar stebrock 04:13 PM 04-25-2012
DTV showed up today to check out thepr signal. No obvious problems. Hooked up a seperate DVR from the bedroom... made no difference. The picture nioise is still there. The tech said the image didn't even look like Hi Def. The noise "softens" the brighter images and removes detail. Called the Aquos hotline (had to eliminate DTV first). He took me through a reset but nothing changed. He then called a service center and I'm now awaiting a return call for the appointment.
Rick
wmwilker's Avatar wmwilker 04:40 PM 04-25-2012
I'm looking at getting the 80" display and wanted to know about the viewing angles. I will be 12' from the screen. How far off center can I get before there is a dropoff in picture quality?
planetweckesser's Avatar planetweckesser 05:57 PM 04-25-2012
Quote:

yup ...

Hey - you paid 5 grand + or - for a good TV - you should expect to get one without all this mess - I routinely call once or twice a day to get an update status - I am nice with them but persistent.

Now contrast your and my delivery from NVC logistics vs the delivery from the company that Chris from Cleveland Plasma uses - Averitt Express. I think that NVC logistics contracts out to private subs to do the final stage of delivery - there were 3 people in the truck and they had the TV from Orlando to Ft. Myers - stayed there overnight and then delivered it to my home the next day about 70 miles north of Ft. Myers - as I mentioned, unmarked white small truck with scruffy crew with regrigerator and other items onboard. It is no wonder things turned out the way they did. With Averitt (Cleveland Plasma) this BIG A... tractor trailor pulls up with Averitt signs all over (it was so huge I thought the guy wouldn't be able to turn it around at the end of my cul-de-sac). The TV was strapped securely to the side of the truck. There was only one guy but he had a long ground cart with hydraulics that was nearly the length of the TV - made it a breeze to get it to the house. He then brought it to where I wanted it and unboxed it (knew what he was doing - the NVC logistics crew never opened the top of the box to take out remotes etc. - they didn't even know that it came apart and lifted off - i had to tell them).

Sharp needs to get a better company that knows what they are doing in hauling TV's around the country - no matter how good their product, if they can't even replace it without a major fiasco then it would certainly give people a second thought about dealing with them.
planetweckesser's Avatar planetweckesser 07:25 PM 04-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmwilker View Post

I'm looking at getting the 80" display and wanted to know about the viewing angles. I will be 12' from the screen. How far off center can I get before there is a dropoff in picture quality?

I measured it on my system - back 12 feet from the center of the screen you can go about 9-10' on either side of the center line before there starts to be a significant decrease in picture quality.
Tags: Sharp , Sharp Lc80le844u 80 Inch 3d Led Tv , Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc 70le632u Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch Lcd 70 Class Quattron Led Smart 3d Tv , Sharp Aquos Lc 80le844u 80 Inch Led Hdtv , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv
First ... 22  23  24 25  26  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop