post #721 of 3654 Old 04-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser View Post

I measured it on my system - back 12 feet from the center of the screen you can go about 9-10' on either side of the center line before there starts to be a significant decrease in picture quality.

Thank you, that's what I need to know. I'm looking forward to getting my display

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 3654 Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzegart View Post

Chris at Cleveland Plasma used Dayton Freight with me. They pulled up in an 18 wheeler and it was securely crated.

As I mentioned the driver started off a bit reluctant for inspection but utilizing Chris's step by step inspection sheet as leverage he was more than helpful in assisting and carefully unpacking the TV for inspection.

All in all a positive experience and it was just Chris's standard delivery. I mention that because after reading the terms of other distributors white glove service they really do not provide essential services that would warrant the additional cost.

I asked Chris for white glove service. He did not feel it was necessary and basically explained to me and reverified what I had read on other distributor sites. He also had some other interesting ideas to share and stress in the delivery process. Interesting how often you see people here having issues as a result of poor delivery. Again Chris demonstrating even more value added that he makes available to his clients. His simple explanation here does not do justice to the time he spends explaining all things to you.

I had called Chris one day last week and he talked to me for a good 20 minutes to address all of my questions about the delivery process, and that is why I will be ordering my 844 from him as soon as I have my checking account ready to take the big hit.

No one has ever taken that kind of time to talk things over, and I really appreciate it greatly.

I'm looking forward to getting the delivery inspection checklist as well.
post #723 of 3654 Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwilso View Post

I had called Chris one day last week and he talked to me for a good 20 minutes to address all of my questions about the delivery process, and that is why I will be ordering my 844 from him as soon as I have my checking account ready to take the big hit.

No one has ever taken that kind of time to talk things over, and I really appreciate it greatly.

I'm looking forward to getting the delivery inspection checklist as well.

yup,this is what i get from him every time i called.

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #724 of 3654 Old 04-26-2012, 11:49 AM

I am planning to get the 80 incher. I have a perfect room (24' x 21') with clear wall. Is this beast wall-mountable? If so, at what height? If I go with table-top setup, what should be the optimal height of the stand.

Can someone suggest a wall-mount for this, which has a low profile. I don't need to swivel or tilt, just want to be mounted plush to the wall.

Thanks
post #725 of 3654 Old 04-26-2012, 03:35 PM

so get this ...

After the original 632 TV was taken down yesterday (and a bit josselled) the triangular dead spot disappeared when put back on the stand! The haze was still there, but the dead area was GONE!

I was shocked. Turned the hockey game on and everything and yup, it was gone! Was pretty darn amazed ... Figured, the rotation of getting the TV down, etc... jumbled things around inside and fixed 1 of the 2 issues.

Well ... come to find out today, the triangle MOVED from the bottom, to the very right side now! THE EXACT SAME SHAPE MOVED, from the bottom, to the right side, a good 3 feet away!!!!!

I'm thinking that perhaps these "triangles" are actually something inside (something soft, perhaps felt or insulation) is coming loose and moving when being installed.

I need to get pictures for you guys!

For those that still have the triangle(s), give this a shot.

Take the TV of the stand or mount. Turn it so the bottom is facing you or your partner helping you. Then turn right side up and see if the spot is in the same area!!!!! If its not, that means something is loose and its not a screen issue I don't think!
post #726 of 3654 Old 04-26-2012, 04:02 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRUSTYx View Post

so get this ...

After the original 632 TV was taken down yesterday (and a bit josselled) the triangular dead spot disappeared when put back on the stand! The haze was still there, but the dead area was GONE!

I was shocked. Turned the hockey game on and everything and yup, it was gone! Was pretty darn amazed ... Figured, the rotation of getting the TV down, etc... jumbled things around inside and fixed 1 of the 2 issues.

Well ... come to find out today, the triangle MOVED from the bottom, to the very right side now! THE EXACT SAME SHAPE MOVED, from the bottom, to the right side, a good 3 feet away!!!!!

I'm thinking that perhaps these "triangles" are actually something inside (something soft, perhaps felt or insulation) is coming loose and moving when being installed.

I need to get pictures for you guys!

For those that still have the triangle(s), give this a shot.

Take the TV of the stand or mount. Turn it so the bottom is facing you or your partner helping you. Then turn right side up and see if the spot is in the same area!!!!! If its not, that means something is loose and its not a screen issue I don't think!

Very interesting - sounds plausible that not only the triangle but your "blob" and my white line area could mean foreign material - i.e. they need to make sure they have a "clean" production line. That is why they are anxious to get these back, open them up and see what the problem is.

BTW - did you get a tracking number and delivery date on the next TV yet? I am still waiting on mine - they keep saying it is still "in process" . They also mentioned about compensating me for the time and trouble involved and one rep mentioned an upgrade (he must be new - after he looked it up I already have the current top of the line for that screen size). Anyway, if your next TV is bad, if I were you, I would pitch a fit and see if they would upgrade you to the 844.
post #727 of 3654 Old 04-26-2012, 04:06 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by stebrock View Post

DTV showed up today to check out thepr signal. No obvious problems. Hooked up a seperate DVR from the bedroom... made no difference. The picture nioise is still there. The tech said the image didn't even look like Hi Def. The noise "softens" the brighter images and removes detail. Called the Aquos hotline (had to eliminate DTV first). He took me through a reset but nothing changed. He then called a service center and I'm now awaiting a return call for the appointment.
Rick

Tech came by today and ran a few test screens. He said that the TV wasn't processing the incoming signals correctly. He called Sharp and they decided to replace the "main board" and one other "board" that I can't remember. I'll keep every one informed.
Rick
post #728 of 3654 Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:

Very interesting - sounds plausible that not only the triangle but your "blob" and my white line area could mean foreign material - i.e. they need to make sure they have a "clean" production line. That is why they are anxious to get these back, open them up and see what the problem is.

BTW - did you get a tracking number and delivery date on the next TV yet? I am still waiting on mine - they keep saying it is still "in process" . They also mentioned about compensating me for the time and trouble involved and one rep mentioned an upgrade (he must be new - after he looked it up I already have the current top of the line for that screen size). Anyway, if your next TV is bad, if I were you, I would pitch a fit and see if they would upgrade you to the 844.

Planet ... I've already been upgraded to the 844 First TV was a 632, told them I would prefer to wait until the 2012 models came out ... 6 weeks later, got an email asking if an 844 was good for a replacement. I said .. HECK YES! lol

I'd say that's pretty good compensation so far!!!

No tracking # on the new TV yet

As for the triangles, if you take note, MOST seem to be at the bottom of the TV's. Not the top. The right side was on the bottom for a couple minutes yesterday! I think I'm on to something!!! LOL
post #729 of 3654 Old 04-26-2012, 05:28 PM

Srinath,

I just got the TV wall mounted today on a mount from Monoprice: 844U

I took pictures but haven't had a chance to post yet but this mount was beyond my wildest imagination for the 80". It swivels, pulls out comfortably for "Rear Panel access" and tilts.

I'll post some pics once I have them. I bought the TV from ABT Electronics after people were posting about the special price and the transaction was done in like 5 minutes with delivery by AIT and a local delivery crew. One thing I wish I had known was that some crews don't climb stairs for liability reasons. In my case things worked out just fine when the guys who were mounting showed up and we just carried it up no problem.

Just calibrated with Suzooks settings and very satisfied with the HD display.
post #730 of 3654 Old 04-26-2012, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigaz View Post

Srinath,

I took pictures but haven't had a chance to post yet but this mount was beyond my wildest imagination for the 80". It swivels, pulls out comfortably for "Rear Panel access" and tilts.

I'll post some pics once I have them. I bought the TV from ABT Electronics after people were posting about the special price and the transaction was done in like 5 minutes with delivery by AIT and a local delivery crew. One thing I wish I had known was that some crews don't climb stairs for liability reasons. In my case things worked out just fine when the guys who were mounting showed up and we just carried it up no problem.

Just calibrated with Suzooks settings and very satisfied with the HD display.

Nice

Now everyone send me a $100 each.so I can get an 844 :-)
post #731 of 3654 Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 PM

hello everyone is there a site on the net to read a full review on this 844? What do all the new owners think of this tv? thank you
post #732 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 05:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTiCE88 View Post

hello everyone is there a site on the net to read a full review on this 844? What do all the new owners think of this tv? thank you

Look here:
https://clevelandplasma.com/store/20...rp_lc_80le844u

Mike

post #733 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:

my new one will be here in a few hours. I will report back
post #734 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigaz View Post

Srinath,

Thanks TWigaz.

How high is the TV base from floor after the wall mounting? I plan to purchase a component stand (possibly placing center channel on the top) that sits below the TV. I want to pick the stand with right height, so there is no obstruction to TV viewing.

Thanks again.
post #735 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1nath View Post

Thanks TWigaz.

How high is the TV base from floor after the wall mounting? I plan to purchase a component stand (possibly placing center channel on the top) that sits below the TV. I want to pick the stand with right height, so there is no obstruction to TV viewing.

Thanks again.

how high is the room ??
my 80" has only 34" from bottom edge to the floor & 18" from top edge to the ceiling

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #736 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM

happy to report the replacement TV is perfect
post #737 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:

Planet ... I've already been upgraded to the 844 First TV was a 632, told them I would prefer to wait until the 2012 models came out ... 6 weeks later, got an email asking if an 844 was good for a replacement. I said .. HECK YES! lol

I'd say that's pretty good compensation so far!!!

No tracking # on the new TV yet

As for the triangles, if you take note, MOST seem to be at the bottom of the TV's. Not the top. The right side was on the bottom for a couple minutes yesterday! I think I'm on to something!!! LOL

I got my tracking number but the TV hasn't been picked up yet - will probably happen this afternoon - same company (NVC Logistics) - same route through Orlando, Fl - I called NVC and had them note to the local agent in Orlando that I want an experienced crew and was unhappy with the last service - I will also follow up next week when the TV actually comes in to Orlando and gets assigned to a subcontractor.
post #738 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:

I got my tracking number but the TV hasn't been picked up yet - will probably happen this afternoon - same company (NVC Logistics) - same route through Orlando, Fl - I called NVC and had them note to the local agent in Orlando that I want an experienced crew and was unhappy with the last service - I will also follow up next week when the TV actually comes in to Orlando and gets assigned to a subcontractor.

Pro-Active ====> I like That!

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #739 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Pro-Active ====> I like That!

I have to - the last crew reminded me of the parking attendants who parked the fancy car in"Ferris Bueller's Day Off"
post #740 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 PM

No tracking # on mine yet. They said it shipped out last night, but won't have a tracking # till Monday?

sounds a bit bs-ish ... especially since you have a tracking # planet and yours hasn't even been picked up.

o well ... Keeping my fingers crossed on this one!
post #741 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:

No tracking # on mine yet. They said it shipped out last night, but won't have a tracking # till Monday?

sounds a bit bs-ish ... especially since you have a tracking # planet and yours hasn't even been picked up.

o well ... Keeping my fingers crossed on this one!

Ask to be connected with exchange deot. - they have access to different screens that should show it up - I got my tracking number this morning around 9:30 EST and put the page on my iPhone screen - just refreshed it and now status is "in transit" - if it follows thru like last time later this evening it will give expected delivery date.
post #742 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 02:06 PM

any chance u fellas who own the tv can post more pics and comments on the overall picture quality and pros and cons....

Sorry but am kinda getting tired of triangle artifact posts and tracking replacement comments, and other stuff...

NEED PICS OF BLU RAY AND HD TV ASAP!!!!

=) thanks!
post #743 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandborn View Post

any chance u fellas who own the tv can post more pics and comments on the overall picture quality and pros and cons....

Sorry but am kinda getting tired of triangle artifact posts and tracking replacement comments, and other stuff...

NEED PICS OF BLU RAY AND HD TV ASAP!!!!

=) thanks!

Sorry you were offended by our posts. I'm not so sure pictures would help to judge quality of this TV - this site has an upload limit of 585 KB so any pictures would be lo- res. IMHO this display is awesome - the blu-ray 3Ds that I have watched are better than the movie theater viewing. You should go to a local BestBuy - they may not have the 844 up yet but you can get some idea from the 632. Also read the review by a professional calibrator on the ClevelandPlasma website by Chad B - very informative
post #744 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Sorry you were offended by our posts. I'm not so sure pictures would help to judge quality of this TV - this site has an upload limit of 585 KB so any pictures would be lo- res. IMHO this display is awesome - the blu-ray 3Ds that I have watched are better than the movie theater viewing. You should go to a local BestBuy - they may not have the 844 up yet but you can get some idea from the 632. Also read the review by a professional calibrator on the ClevelandPlasma website by Chad B - very informative

Thanks for the reply bud...Actually I was joking...Ya, I do want to goto my local BB and frys but unfort. there not on display yet....I guess California is low State prority...I was dead set on the Sammy es75" but I doubt it will be out anytime soon. You say the pic quality on the sharp is awesome? That is great to hear....

Do u get the theater experience and the "pop" effect when watching? This is my numer one priority...I have a huge living room with a 7.2 set up and have been patiently waiting for a replacement tv. My 63" sammy plasma has retired to my bedroom wall and I am ready to pull the trigger...thanks again for the reply...
post #745 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzegart View Post

Simple 844 viewing review:

Out of the box- Good

After novice tweaking calibration- Excellent

3D (I replaced high end 63 inch Samsung) - Absolutely fantastic!!!

Hope that helps
JerryZ

perfect-thanks
post #746 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the reply bud...Actually I was joking...Ya, I do want to goto my local BB and frys but unfort. there not on display yet....I guess California is low State prority...I was dead set on the Sammy es75" but I doubt it will be out anytime soon. You say the pic quality on the sharp is awesome? That is great to hear....

Do u get the theater experience and the "pop" effect when watching? This is my numer one priority...I have a huge living room with a 7.2 set up and have been patiently waiting for a replacement tv. My 63" sammy plasma has retired to my bedroom wall and I am ready to pull the trigger...thanks again for the reply...

Yes the theater experience and pop are there. Even though you have a huge living room - try to arrange the primary seating so as to be back about 10 feet from the display - if you are back 12-14 feet the immersion effect will be lost.
post #747 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:

They should be on display at BB that have a Magnolia. The one by me put them out a week and a half ago.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #748 of 3654 Old 04-27-2012, 07:49 PM

The lower edge of the TV is probably sitting about 5 feet off the ground :-). I have to get the pics to you but they are on another camera right now.
post #749 of 3654 Old 04-28-2012, 04:53 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

They should be on display at BB that have a Magnolia. The one by me put them out a week and a half ago.

S~

BB Magnolia and HH Gregg in my area both have the 844 on display.

Neither of them have it set up to view 3D
post #750 of 3654 Old 04-28-2012, 11:37 AM

Just called BB here where I live in Cali...Man, these Magnolia reps...are they or are they not supposed to be adept, experts? This guy was a complete idiot. First, he wants to tell me that they are selling the 844u, but do not have any on display. And he says since the 844u is full backlit and last years 632 was edge lit, the 844u is so much better, not to mention it's a 240hz tv..

I tried to explain that the 632 was full array but, he just kept telling me I was wrong. Then I ask him about the Samsung ES8000 and he tells me that the sammy has a way better pic quality then the sharp. He also says that they have a 64" on display. I tell him are you sure it is a 64"? and that they just came out with the 60" and the 65 and 75 are still in the works. He says that samsung decided to go with the 64" instead of the 65"....

no where do I see a 64es8000 online...What do these ppl take us for? Do they really think we are idiots? I started spewing some tech jargain "AVS" style to make him aware I was not an idiot and he still acted like he knew it all...Oh well, i'm off to Best buy to see the NEW 64" inch Sammy and the edge lit 632u...Later
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Sharp Lc80le844u 80 Inch 3d Led Tv , Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc 70le632u Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch Lcd 70 Class Quattron Led Smart 3d Tv , Sharp Aquos Lc 80le844u 80 Inch Led Hdtv , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv
Gear in this thread - Lc80le844u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page