AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax-jp View Post

It's not cracked!

Yayyy, but I see some clouding behind the guy on the left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 3653 Old 05-29-2012, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post

Yayyy, but I see some clouding behind the guy on the left.

*shakefist*

Nice reflection.. I didn't have my speedlight on the camera so I was shooting with the flash.. I'm working on getting the picture configured.
The biggest issue I have is that I have to wait 2 weeks for the theater store I use to come hang it because it's summer and they're freakin busy.

I'd hang it myself but.. with my luck.. you know..

The worst part is, no center channel for 2 weeks!
post #1173 of 3653 Old 05-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Does anyone know which mount this is? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigaz View Post

Took some pics of the mounted behemoth my brother-in-law has just put up. I love the picture quality and size. Can't wait to watch 3D movies on this thing, any suggestions for which 3D movies to get?

post #1174 of 3653 Old 05-29-2012, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepen View Post

Does anyone know which mount this is? Thanks.

God that's so high.......
post #1175 of 3653 Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 PM

Sweet.. store called and said they had a cancellation tomorrow! Looks like I get the TV mounted at 1pm. Sweet.
post #1176 of 3653 Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
My 844u has been just great so far and I'm happy with it so far. One thing I noticed is when I switch to HDMI2 and my PS3 is not powered on I notice some clouding (?) in some parts on the screen. I don't see this when there is signal. Should the screen show solid uniform black when no signal is being sent? Would this be considered a defect? Anyone else notice this? This is the only fault that I can see with this TV so far.
post #1177 of 3653 Old 05-29-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHome View Post

My 844u has been just great so far and I'm happy with it so far. One thing I noticed is when I switch to HDMI2 and my PS3 is not powered on I notice some clouding (?) in some parts on the screen. I don't see this when there is signal. Should the screen show solid uniform black when no signal is being sent? Would this be considered a defect? Anyone else notice this? This is the only fault that I can see with this TV so far.

Normal and doesn't show up in pq. Can be minimized with settings
post #1178 of 3653 Old 05-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Normal and doesn't show up in pq. Can be minimized with settings

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried few settings but really have not found any thing I like better than OOTB "User" setting with OPC on and 240hz.

If anyone has something better than "User" setting please share it with the group.
post #1179 of 3653 Old 05-30-2012, 08:25 AM

Liked: 11
Well, I've had it now 3 weeks and it is going back to the store on Friday. They are exchanging it - so maybe I just had some type of defect? No matter what I did, I could not fix the problems.

Certain channels (USAHD, TNTHD, Locals, etc) are were subject to what I"ll call "jittering"... the motion of people's faces, their gait as they walked, etc all looked very unnatural - like the input data was missing some frames....almost like someone would push "pause/play" at extremely high speeds. Had an AV guy out here and he was like "dude, that ain't right".

So, I spent the weekend trying the various combinations:
1. Played a Bluray via PS3 - picture looked fine, no jittering
2. Watched USAHD. Big problem. Other channels - same problem. Tried a new DTV box that I know had no issues - same problem.
3. Watched History HD (Hatfield & McCoys) - same problem.
3. Then replaced all the HDMI cables - same problem.

It's almost like the TV can't process signals less than 1080p without losing something in translation. It does seem to be worse when the source material is darker, rather when the screen is lighter, such as a baseball game.

Any ideas anyone?

So, a replacement (new) one is coming on Friday. I hope that this fixes my problem - as I do like this TV! I just want it to work correctly!

But when you can't even watch "Law and Order" without going nuts due to all the stopping and starting of the picture - and my old Sony 70" SXRD NEVER exbibited these characteristics - its pretty hard to justify keeping a TV.

Am I the only one with these extreme issues with this TV?
post #1180 of 3653 Old 05-30-2012, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

ok I am going to go out on a limb and say if your ps3 source was fine then it comes down to two options. Your cable feed is crap and causing it. Or the HDMI port is fubar unless its the same you tried the ps3. just my two cents
post #1181 of 3653 Old 05-30-2012, 08:43 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

ok I am going to go out on a limb and say if your ps3 source was fine then it comes down to two options. Your cable feed is crap and causing it. Or the HDMI port is fubar unless its the same you tried the ps3. just my two cents

Could also be this: the PS3 signal may be getting passed through your AVR unscathed, whereas the STB signal is getting touched by the video processing in your AVR.

Sometimes sending a signal through video processing twice (ie once in the STB, say as it tries to convert everything to 1080i, then again as the AVR does whatever it is doing) can really screw things up.

Could try setting your STB to output everything native. That was only the AVR is doing video processing. You can then focus on the avr's processing settings only.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #1182 of 3653 Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags44 View Post

Well, I've had it now 3 weeks and it is going back to the store on Friday. They are exchanging it - so maybe I just had some type of defect? No matter what I did, I could not fix the problems.

Certain channels (USAHD, TNTHD, Locals, etc) are were subject to what I"ll call "jittering"... the motion of people's faces, their gait as they walked, etc all looked very unnatural - like the input data was missing some frames....almost like someone would push "pause/play" at extremely high speeds. Had an AV guy out here and he was like "dude, that ain't right".

2. Watched USAHD. Big problem. Other channels - same problem. Tried a new DTV box that I know had no issues - same problem.

It's almost like the TV can't process signals less than 1080p without losing something in translation. It does seem to be worse when the source material is darker, rather when the screen is lighter, such as a baseball game.

Any ideas anyone?

So, a replacement (new) one is coming on Friday. I hope that this fixes my problem - as I do like this TV! I just want it to work correctly!

But when you can't even watch "Law and Order" without going nuts due to all the stopping and starting of the picture - and my old Sony 70" SXRD NEVER exbibited these characteristics - its pretty hard to justify keeping a TV.

What is your setup with regard to signals to STB - direct to TV or intermediate to AVR? What is your carrier - cable or Satellite? I had something similar with one program that was recorded on my HD-DVR and I presumed it was the HD-DVR (old DirecTV model). I have a new HR24/200 HD-DVR and no problems so far.
post #1183 of 3653 Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 AM

Liked: 10
^^ sounds to me like there is some type of data compression or signal degredation. have you contacted your provider and have them do a line test? They can ping your gateway or whatever your provider uses and test the bandwidth. On my old sammy plama, I used to watch HD movies on HBo and when there was a lot of explosions or other material like that on the screen I would see a lot of compression artifcats. They turned the gain control setting on their server end and it helped a lot with the compression artifacts. As far as the hdmi port..HDMI is digital so either u are going to get a signal or u are not...It probably is a defect on the tv though if you did not experience this b4, but if you still get this with the replacement tv, I would explore the above
post #1184 of 3653 Old 05-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandborn View Post

^^ sounds to me like there is some type of data compression or signal degredation. have you contacted your provider and have them do a line test? They can ping your gateway or whatever your provider uses and test the bandwidth. On my old sammy plama, I used to watch HD movies on HBo and when there was a lot of explosions or other material like that on the screen I would see a lot of compression artifcats. They turned the gain control setting on their server end and it helped a lot with the compression artifacts. As far as the hdmi port..HDMI is digital so either u are going to get a signal or u are not...It probably is a defect on the tv though if you did not experience this b4, but if you still get this with the replacement tv, I would explore the above

My Pace DVR 758D occasionally shows a kind of strobing/ half-stopping motion. I fix it by pausing for a second and then starting it again. NOTHING else that is hooked up to my 80-632U shows this effect. That includes an HTPC, PS3, WD multimedia player, Hi Def camcorder, and Nintendo Wii. I always assumed it was an anomaly caused by the DVR's interaction with crappy Mpeg2 cable feed.
Try ABC or FOX with 720P broadcasting and see if that helps. Make sure you're not upconverting somewhere in the link to your TV. Your TV should show 720P in the top right corner when the broadcast starts.
post #1185 of 3653 Old 05-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Any ideas anyone?

I tried TNTHD channel to see Law and Order and it seems like there is some funky camera action with this show. Commercial between parts seems OK but as soon as this show comes on I'm also seeing jittery scenes. Same type of thing on USAHD when watching NCIS. History HD looks fine watching Hatfield & McCoy.

I have DTV like you.

Update:
I tried setting STB to output Native as Anthony Moody suggested and it does seem to help but I'm not running my signals through AVR. I also tried turning motion and film mode settings off and it made no difference.
post #1186 of 3653 Old 05-30-2012, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:

I tried TNTHD channel to see Law and Order and it seems like there is some funky camera action with this show. Commercial between parts seems OK but as soon as this show comes on I'm also seeing jittery scenes. Same type of thing on USAHD when watching NCIS. History HD looks fine watching Hatfield & McCoy.

I have DTV like you.

Update:
I tried setting STB to output Native as Anthony Moody suggested and it does seem to help but I'm not running my signals through AVR. I also tried turning motion and film mode settings off and it made no difference.

sounds like a bug in the processing ..

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #1187 of 3653 Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:

I have DTV like you.

Update:

I see the same thing watching these shows on FIOS on all of my TVs. I think it's something TNT, TBS and USA are screwing up, honestly. It doesn't happen constantly. If I watch Conan, in the middle of the show I'll get jitter randomly. I don't think it's the TVs.
post #1188 of 3653 Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 AM

Oh yea, they wall mounted it yesterday.

post #1189 of 3653 Old 05-31-2012, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Looks nice
post #1190 of 3653 Old 05-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Are those 760's?

Quote:

Oh yea, they wall mounted it yesterday.

post #1191 of 3653 Old 05-31-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepen View Post

Are those 760's?

850 Sigs.
I had 760's, but I sold them to a friend when I got the 850's.
I apparently was one of the lucky few who was able to get 850 sigs.
post #1192 of 3653 Old 05-31-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser View Post

What is your setup with regard to signals to STB - direct to TV or intermediate to AVR? What is your carrier - cable or Satellite? I had something similar with one program that was recorded on my HD-DVR and I presumed it was the HD-DVR (old DirecTV model). I have a new HR24/200 HD-DVR and no problems so far.

Sorry I got back to this so late - for some reason, even though I set email notification, I never got one?

My setup is:

Directv HR24 receiver and PS3 -> directly into a Pioneer Elite SC-55 receiver. HDMI out from the receiver into HDMI 1 on the set.

Using High Speed HDMI cables.

The issue, as I had mentioned, are mostly during dark scenes - Law and order, movies, etc.

I have a new TV coming tomorrow (exchanged the old one). Hopefully that will solve my problem!
post #1193 of 3653 Old 05-31-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:

I have DTV like you.

Update:

The interesting this is, with my Sony SXRD this NEVER occurred - nor does it on 3 42" LCD sets (2 year old models) in our home. It is specific to this TV - and I've even tried 2 different satellite boxes!
post #1194 of 3653 Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Sorry I got back to this so late - for some reason, even though I set email notification, I never got one?

My setup is:

Directv HR24 receiver and PS3 -> directly into a Pioneer Elite SC-55 receiver. HDMI out from the receiver into HDMI 1 on the set.

Using High Speed HDMI cables.

The issue, as I had mentioned, are mostly during dark scenes - Law and order, movies, etc.

I have a new TV coming tomorrow (exchanged the old one). Hopefully that will solve my problem!

My bet is that the new TV will look same - the AVR may be the culprit (unless you have already tested this and plugged the HDMI from the HR24 directly into the TV and then optical audio out from the TV to the AVR) I have not seen this problem with an HR24 direct to TV (and I do watch Law and Order quite a lot).
post #1195 of 3653 Old 05-31-2012, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

I have to concur, I dont think the tv is the problem. If the PS3 is fine then its the content pure and simple
post #1196 of 3653 Old 05-31-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser View Post

My bet is that the new TV will look same - the AVR may be the culprit (unless you have already tested this and plugged the HDMI from the HR24 directly into the TV and then optical audio out from the TV to the AVR) I have not seen this problem with an HR24 direct to TV (and I do watch Law and Order quite a lot).

I do have an extra HDMI run - so I could do this option - which I may have to, if I can't get it to work any other way.....
post #1197 of 3653 Old 05-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I see the same thing watching these shows on FIOS on all of my TVs. I think it's something TNT, TBS and USA are screwing up, honestly. It doesn't happen constantly. If I watch Conan, in the middle of the show I'll get jitter randomly. I don't think it's the TVs.

I agree.
post #1198 of 3653 Old 06-01-2012, 10:47 AM

sup fellas....TV should be delivered between 1-5pm today....Can't wait....Cars moved out of the garage, extension cord plugged in at the ready....box cutter on standby....iphone/camera in my pocket for damage box.tv pics....

Seem like I got it all covered? I'm ready....Wish me luck and no damage.... I will post pics when all is up and running....
post #1199 of 3653 Old 06-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandborn View Post

sup fellas....TV should be delivered between 1-5pm today....Can't wait....Cars moved out of the garage, extension cord plugged in at the ready....box cutter on standby....iphone/camera in my pocket for damage box.tv pics....

Seem like I got it all covered? I'm ready....Wish me luck and no damage.... I will post pics when all is up and running....

You need a beer, too or some other adult beverage.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #1200 of 3653 Old 06-01-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

You need a beer, too or some other adult beverage.

S~

hehe..Well, it's 1030 Am here in Cali, but perhaps i'll brew up some java for the added power boost....Hell, mayb i'll do a shot of patro'n when I see the truck pull up...=)
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Sharp Lc80le844u 80 Inch 3d Led Tv , Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc 70le632u Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch Lcd 70 Class Quattron Led Smart 3d Tv , Sharp Aquos Lc 80le844u 80 Inch Led Hdtv , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv
Gear in this thread - Lc80le844u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page