Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE844U Owners thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
ha ha. I would hazard a guess to say they are too big to fail scenarios. what I would do is buy the tv with an amex and then the extended with amex. That way if anything goes wrong you have triple coverage.

I have been a member since 1988 and they will pretty much bend over backwards to keep me happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
post a few pages back the differences between SquareTrade & Sharp .. there are alot things that ST don't tell you
Quote:

you have Sharps extended warranty & they will replace the display with very few hassles if the the display is defective with a current model of the same value & Size .I know of some who had just one visit from a Sharp tech to get a new TV & some who just sent in Photo's of the display problems & they sent out a new Display.
Sharp will deliver a new Display & pick-up a defective display , as well box up the old one.

Square Trade @ Costco= where they have a lot of hoops to jump thru to get a replacement( multiple visits by a tech ) & then they just cash you out anyway @ what "they figure" is the current cash value of the display (keyword is what they "figure" ) even thou you bought a say = 3k value policy it's what they want to pay , sorta like a pro-rated tire wear warranty on your car's tires .
I know a few who got pooched like this from them & then you can only get that when the Display MFGer's warranty has run it's coarse , You can see where this is going Right ? Say after 15 months of the Original Sharp warranty coverage they then figure the display is not worth the full amount what you paid for it due to it being 15 months old , the older it gets the less they will pay .

this is a huge difference that is really spelled out on the SquareTrade policy ,
short form the Sharp coverage will replace the Display fully with a new Current model
& SquareTrade will only 'cash-you-out' at a Price they " feel " is what they " Think " is current market value & then only after the Sharp Original warranty has expired
these are wildly different scenarios
But it's your money just be informed on which way you want to go.

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #183 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Panel price talk and where-to-buy discussion belongs in the deal thread. That's why we made it. Thanks.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #184 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

80" deals thread ===>http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post21847384

Mike

post #185 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

post a few pages back the differences between SquareTrade & Sharp .. there are alot things that ST don't tell you
this is a huge difference that is really spelled out on the SquareTrade policy ,
short form the Sharp coverage will replace the Display fully with a new Current model
& SquareTrade will only 'cash-you-out' at a Price they " feel " is what they " Think " is current market value & then only after the Sharp Original warranty has expired
these are wildly different scenarios
But it's your money just be informed on which way you want to go.

Actually the Sharp & Sq trade warranty's are the same.

The manufacturer (sharp) will repair or replace your Television an Unlimited # amount of times during the first year .

After the first year Sharp (Like Sq trade) will repair your TV as long as the sum of all repairs are less then the purchase price of the TV. Once this is reached your coverage has ended.

If they replace your TV (after the first year) you get that 1 replacement and your warranty ends .

In either case you are purchasing an expensive TV. I couldn't see racking up $5k worth of repair bills in 5 years . Going with sharp at least you know they will be around.
post #186 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 AM

Liked: 10
I love all the conversation but does anybody have a review anywhere??? Not that crap thing that was hodgepodge together. I want one of these things on my wall by baseball season if possible! Provided it doesn't suck of course ;-)
post #187 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean M View Post

I love all the conversation but does anybody have a review anywhere??? Not that crap thing that was hodgepodge together. I want one of these things on my wall by baseball season if possible! Provided it doesn't suck of course ;-)

Ive had a bello 7848B empty since last march in my new home sitting over a Studiotech U22T TV Cabinet. I've tried a couple 65" and returned them .

This TV is the exact width of that floor cabinet. which makes it fit ascetically but I too am waiting for some favorable reviews before submitting. . I found that all of the larger TV's with the 120hz had really bad (at least to me) motion problems during live events so Ive been waiting. I have really high hopes that the true 240hz will be enough to make it work.
post #188 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

Ive had a bello 7848B empty since last march in my new home sitting over a Studiotech U22T TV Cabinet. I've tried a couple 65" and returned them .

This TV is the exact width of that floor cabinet. which makes it fit ascetically but I too am waiting for some favorable reviews before submitting. . I found that all of the larger TV's with the 120hz had really bad (at least to me) motion problems during live events so Ive been waiting. I have really high hopes that the true 240hz will be enough to make it work.

same here... I have a 60 inch Sony nx720 as part of the replacement deal and I would like to dispose of it for this if it is comparable.
post #189 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I too am waiting for some favorable reviews before submitting. . I found that all of the larger TV's with the 120hz had really bad (at least to me) motion problems during live events so Ive been waiting. I have really high hopes that the true 240hz will be enough to make it work.

I have the 632 80" & I have not seen an issue with motion on my 80" . Being the 844 is just about the same panel ,I would guess that the 844 is the same on motion BUT you are right to wait to see reports & view one yourself . I did that with the 632 80" as well . I read all the reports ,then went & looked at the 80" thou I have to say most of the viewing I did on the 632 in stores did NOT look that great .( except one BB/Magnolia store) , At Costco the display sucked(flat lifeless) , another B&M sucked as well .There I was strong armed into consideration of a Sammy ( I took that to mean they wanted the Dog Sammy off the floor ) .
The person buying has to educate themselves on each set . Some that got the 632 brought their own Blu-Ray & applied settings that were posted on the 632 thread in the store . At the cost of these sets it's much like buying a new car , a test ride is a must . Proper set-up is a must as well .........I M O

Mike

post #190 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

I wanted 3D on my next set but was not impressed by any of the 65" 3d units . I was about to pull the trigger on the 70" sharp but then I saw the 632 at BJ's and it looked great. When I looked it up I saw that the 844 was coming and I thought I would wait.

80" is as big as I can go and 3D viewing should be much better on a larger set like this. My main concerns In order of importance:

1) Clouding / flash-lighting (Samsung's are the worst I have ever seen with these issues)
2) Gaming Lag - (How is the lag on the 632)
3) Motion Jerkiness

I know these are LED backlit (no LD) but how many LED's are we talking about? Hopefully its enough that clouding is not an issue.
post #191 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

1) Clouding / flash-lighting (Samsung's are the worst I have ever seen with these issues) Minimal to none as reported by most here
2) Gaming Lag - (How is the lag on the 632) Use game mode for lag free play
3) Motion Jerkiness Minimal to none
post #192 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Your going to make me pull the trigger early....
post #193 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

glad I could help....

Ive had mine since the end of October. Havent regretted it one bit (the 632 that is)
post #194 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I just set-up my extended Sharp warranty on my 632 80" $219.99 for a total coverage of 4 years +3 months . it's a true 3 year added coverage package.

Mike

post #195 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just set-up my extended Sharp warranty on my 632 80" $219.99 for a total coverage of 4 years +3 months . it's a true 3 year added coverage package.

Eggscellent smithers
post #196 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Right about the time sharp comes out with 110 inch model
post #197 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Are you sure ? I read their policy and it mentioned that it started from the date of purchase.
post #198 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Are you sure ? I read their policy and it mentioned that it started from the date of purchase.

Extended starts at month 16. Conf w sharp rep
post #199 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

SquareTrade coverage is the MFGer's warranty included in their time period not past it . I have a friend who got a 3 year ST policy on his Onkyo 5008 , it died & Onkyo would NOT cover the unit as he didn't buy from a authorized dealer (Ebay) THEN SquareTrade would not cover it until the 2 year Onkyo time period had ended even thou he paid for 3 years . So he has to throw it a box for 2 years & then ST will only give him market value on a 2 year Old AVR , which will not be what he "thought" he had his policy for was a full refund ..
So you decide , if the SquareTrade is a better deal .

Mike

post #200 of 3654 Old 03-30-2012, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I asked that question 4 times while I was on the phone with Sharp & was assured that it was a policy that extended out 4 years, 3 months .

Mike

post #201 of 3654 Old 03-31-2012, 08:43 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Your going to make me pull the trigger early....

I just "pulled the trigger" - really wasn't planning on it but I keep seeing the prices drop on the Amazon vendors down to the $4550 range (including shipping) (Paul's TV, Huppins etc) and wondered what was going on since this is only 300-400 more than the 632 online - I talked with a customer relations guy at Pauls and he indicated that Sharp will be curtailing shipments to vendors that sell online at Amazon (after April 1) - he indicated Sharp was not so happy seeing the TV fall to this price level so quickly when it has only been available for a few days - I am not so sure this was accurate but Paul's does have a 30 day low price guarantee.

I have already spent a good amount of time on several occasions going over the 632 (that was calibrated pretty well) at my local Best Buy so it is not a sight unseen purchase - I figure the display quality of this TV should be improved in several areas over the 632.
post #202 of 3654 Old 03-31-2012, 09:02 AM

The picture looks good but after pushing the view mode it always says 480i on dvds or cable. Ive looked at the manual and can't find where to change that setting
post #203 of 3654 Old 03-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I believe the 480i indication is what the tv is receiving.....no setting on the tv is going to change that....

You may need to change a setting on whatever is giving the signal to the tv.....

Shelly
post #204 of 3654 Old 03-31-2012, 10:00 AM

Okay, I just found a great deal... is this TV worth it? I can have it delivered tonight but is it better than or at least equal to a Sony NX720 in picture quality?? SOMEBODY must have calibrated this thing and compared it with some other televisions.... I am stuck indoors and cannot get out to do any side-by-side comparisons.

If I do pull the trigger I can just get an extended warranty from Sharp?
post #205 of 3654 Old 03-31-2012, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean M View Post

Okay, I just found a great deal... is this TV worth it? I can have it delivered tonight but is it better than or at least equal to a Sony NX720 in picture quality?? SOMEBODY must have calibrated this thing and compared it with some other televisions.... I am stuck indoors and cannot get out to do any side-by-side comparisons.

If I do pull the trigger I can just get an extended warranty from Sharp?

You could always return the unit if your not happy .
Sharp has a great extended warranty coverage 3 years after the Original warranty expires

Mike

post #206 of 3654 Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:

You could always return the unit if your not happy .
Sharp has a great extended warranty coverage 3 years after the Original warranty expires

thanks... pulled the trigger anyway. Decided to have delivery on Monday... will give me some time to see if I can arrange for some Crestron programming same day.

Now, I have to get some glasses.......oh, mount recommendations??
post #207 of 3654 Old 03-31-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly40 View Post

I believe the 480i indication is what the tv is receiving.....no setting on the tv is going to change that....

You may need to change a setting on whatever is giving the signal to the tv.....

Shelly

The problem being I can never get it to go higher then 480i no matter what I'm sending it. Either Espn hd or any other channel and even sending Blu ray Avatar on a blu ray player.
post #208 of 3654 Old 03-31-2012, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeculolias View Post

The problem being I can never get it to go higher then 480i no matter what I'm sending it. Either Espn hd or any other channel and even sending Blu ray Avatar on a blu ray player.

Its your source not the tv. Via the hdmi the source tells the tv what res it should display
post #209 of 3654 Old 03-31-2012, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just got the word from Chris @ CP that my TV shipped yesterday. Delivery scheduled for Monday/Tuesday.
post #210 of 3654 Old 03-31-2012, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebrock View Post

Just got the word from Chris @ CP that my TV shipped yesterday. Delivery scheduled for Monday/Tuesday.

Unboxing video and pics when it arrives please.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Sharp Lc80le844u 80 Inch 3d Led Tv , Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc 70le632u Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch Lcd 70 Class Quattron Led Smart 3d Tv , Sharp Aquos Lc 80le844u 80 Inch Led Hdtv , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv
Gear in this thread - Lc80le844u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page