AVS Forum banner
524K views 4K replies 383 participants last post by  shpitz 
#1 ·
let's start a thread on this soon to released Sharp LCD 80" model ....

#3,560 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflguy  /t/1397134/official-sharp-aquos-lc-80le844u-owners-thread/3540#post_24018137

Do ytou use the glasses with the sharp 844U or do ypou have to use them with the playstation (which is connected to the 844u) ?

My playstation is used with a projector instead.

They are used with 844U. They are synced with the 844U via IR for the 3D.

#3,563 ·
I'm loving the Sony glasses as well, they work directly with the TV.

I also have Sharp 30's and some other 3rd party glasses which I can't think of the name (GPX or something...), which I like the least.

I find the Sony's to be a great fit for the adults, while the kids (ages 12 and 3) are better off with the Sharp 30's since their handles fit smaller heads, better than the Sony's.

They all come with 2 sizes nose clips (adult/child) and feel comfortable.

Any broadcast (Mediacom cable) through my Onkyo 1010 looks amazing, and like you guys above I prefer 1080i (NBC/CBS) more than 720p (ESPN/FOX). I also prefer the audio tracks CBS and NBC provide, it has a ton of nice effects with lots of bass, while FOX is pretty pathetic in that respect...

#3,564 ·

Well I'm new here but have used this websites for a ton of research (TV, A/V receiver, speakers/sub).  I figured that I would sign up and get involved a little.  I just purchased this TV open box this summer with absolutely no regrets.  The only issue that I have is the "soap opera effect" but other than that it's great!  I have a quick question.... Just ordered the PS3 3d glasses.  I know they can do SimulView.  Has anyone tried this or found a way to use it?  I read this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1368078/simulview-will-it-work-with-any-3d-tv .  Just wondering if anyone has given this a shot with this TV or comparable?

#3,565 ·

Thanks for your observation on this series. I have been debating for some time on this and I appreciate the viewpoints of one videophile to another. I currently have a Samsung UNB55 8500 which came out in later 2008. It like the Pioneer Kuro is also discontinued and I have been looking ever since for something to replace it. The 8500 was a full Array set with local dimming and it looks amazing. Sadly so many manufacturers have chosen to abandon the technology likely due to cost. Which is why I am now looking for a suitable replacement which I haven't found. Now while the 8500 may not be the most feature rich LED TV's out there. It will compete with the best of them at producing amazing black levels which are still more of a challenge then they should be at this stage.

The 8500 is very very close to NTSC standard color temperature (a.k.a. white balance) of 6,500 degrees Kelvin, or D6500K after calibration. Impressive considering it was a first generation LED set but now that I am in the market for a 70+ inch or larger set. That is proving to be more of a challenge then I was hoping for. As avid gamer and movie buff I won't accept anything less then what I have. So it is nice to see that the Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE844U might fit the bill. It's either between that  or the Samsung 75 F8000 series which also looks good but is a bit smaller then I was planning on.

#3,567 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrandon  /t/1397134/official-sharp-aquos-lc-80le844u-owners-thread/3540#post_24014660

Anyone have any settings they'd like to share? Tried a few on here, colors seem off. Thanks everyone!
I've been using the calibration settings from this link: http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/sharp-lcd-tv/sharp-80LE844U-calibration.html

AV Mode: Standard

OPC: Off

Backlight: +14

Contrast: +37

Brightness: -14

Color: -1

Tint: +3

Sharpness: -1
Advance Settings

Color Gamut Range: N/A

Motion Enhancement: Off

Active Contrast: Off

Gamma: +1

Black Level N/A

Film Mode: Off

Digital Noise Reduction: Off

Monochrome: Off
10-Point Settings: On

Position

1: (Red +29) (Green +12) (Blue +26)

2: (Red +7) (Green +3) (Blue +10)

3: (Red -2) (Green +1) (Blue -5)

4: (Red -9) (Green -2) (Blue -8)

5: (Red -14) (Green -1) (Blue -10)

6: (Red -17) (Green -1) (Blue -17)

7: (Red -18) (Green -2) (Blue -20)

8: (Red -18) (Green -1) (Blue -18)

9: (Red -15) (Green 0) (Blue -5)

10: (Red -5) (Green 0) (Blue 0)
C.M.S

CMS Hue: (Red +8) (Yellow +1) (Green 0) (Cyan -4) (Blue 0) (Magenta 0)

CMS Saturation: (Red 0) (Yellow 0) (Green 0) (Cyan 0) (Blue 0) (Magenta 0)

CMS Value: (Red +5) (Yellow -6) (Green +30) (Cyan +30) (Blue -4) (Magenta +10)

#3,568 ·
Hello

I had my 844 for about a year and one half. I have just come across a problem. Some scenes have a clear force field around them. Its like a magnifying glass around peoples bodies. This is the only way for me to say it. Has anyone else come across this? And is there a fix? Its not there most of the time but its there.

Thanks Rob

#3,570 ·
#3,571 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDec  /t/1397134/official-sharp-aquos-lc-80le844u-owners-thread/3540#post_24064209

Hello

I had my 844 for about a year and one half. I have just come across a problem. Some scenes have a clear force field around them. Its like a magnifying glass around peoples bodies. This is the only way for me to say it. Has anyone else come across this? And is there a fix? Its not there most of the time but its there.

Thanks Rob

can you take a picture of the effect? does it happen with TV or BD? connected through an AVR or directly?

#3,573 ·
I see. Try to change 'Motion Enhancement' setting (off, 120Hz low/high, 240Hz, etc...), try different AvMode's (standard, user, movie, game, etc...) and see if anything eliminates the issue.

#3,577 ·

I got some playstation 3d glasses in, charged a pair up, and tried to use them but they didn't work.  Since I had multiples I tried another pair but no luck with them either.  Both pairs were charged until the red light went off so I know they are fully charged.  I used the camera on my phone to see if the ir emitter is sending a signal and they turn on when 3d is turned on.  What might be the problem?

#3,578 ·

Upon further investigation I figured out the glasses work if I am 1 foot from the emitter.  I also noticed that the emitter puts out a very weak signal compared to my other remote controls looking through my camera phone.

Remotes:

TV Emitter:

What do you guys think?

#3,580 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophlin  /t/1397134/official-sharp-aquos-lc-80le844u-owners-thread/3570#post_24097449

I got some playstation 3d glasses in, charged a pair up, and tried to use them but they didn't work.  Since I had multiples I tried another pair but no luck with them either.  Both pairs were charged until the red light went off so I know they are fully charged.  I used the camera on my phone to see if the ir emitter is sending a signal and they turn on when 3d is turned on.  What might be the problem?

From the manual:
Code:
Code:
[CODE]Q:  How do I charge my 3D glasses?
A :  Plug the included USB cable into the top of the glasses (lift up the tab nex t to the pow er button), and plug the other end
into your PS3. The power light will turn on when charging begins and turn off w hen charging is complete. [B][COLOR=blue]Be sure the battery
switch (located on the inside of the right arm) should is set in the [U]"on"[/U] position[/COLOR][/B]
[/CODE]

Have you done that? Ignore the PS3 requirement, I just plug into a Win7 PC...

#3,582 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophlin  /t/1397134/official-sharp-aquos-lc-80le844u-owners-thread/3570#post_24101315

Yes, I followed that to the T.  They work if I am a foot away from the TV emitter.

Do you have other glasses that work fine? if yes, then the Sony's are bad, otherwise, could be the tv...

#3,583 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpitz  /t/1397134/official-sharp-aquos-lc-80le844u-owners-thread/3570#post_24102123

Do you have other glasses that work fine? if yes, then the Sony's are bad, otherwise, could be the tv...
No, I purchased 8 pairs and tried 2 of them.  I guess I could try another pair but considering I had the same problems with the 2 that I tried I figured there is something else going on.

#3,584 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophlin  /t/1397134/official-sharp-aquos-lc-80le844u-owners-thread/3570#post_24103846

No, I purchased 8 pairs and tried 2 of them.  I guess I could try another pair but considering I had the same problems with the 2 that I tried I figured there is something else going on.

I have 2 pair of the PS3 glasses and they both work fine at my normal 15 ft sitting position from the 844.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.