Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE847U & LC-70LE847U Owners Thread - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousdude View Post

cjre1 -- can you name the seller, so we can avoid them?

ALL TIME TVS
alltimetvs.com
They bill your CC under all time electronics inc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappler View Post

I'd like to know the seller too. I have a 70 getting delivered tomorrow afternoon and this story is getting me a little nervous. Who was the delivery company?

The delivery company is called AM Home Trucking
post #513 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 08:30 AM

Pics.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #514 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 08:32 AM

Pics.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #515 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 09:47 AM

Liked: 10
Just bought a new 70LE847U last week.
Absolutely loving it.
I dont write posts, but just wanted to let everyone know, thats its a fantastic tv.
PQ is great, Black levels are really good.
I would not know, why would anyone spend more money on a fullarray, with the kind of black level on 847U.
I did a lot of research before deciding on this tv.
Been looking since the past 6 months, reading reviews, visiting stores etc.
Screen uniformity is good, black levels are good, lots of ports & good sound too.
If you are an average user like me, then u would definitely love this set.
post #516 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax_singh View Post

Just bought a new 70LE847U last week.
Absolutely loving it.
I dont write posts, but just wanted to let everyone know, thats its a fantastic tv.
PQ is great, Black levels are really good.
I would not know, why would anyone spend more money on a fullarray, with the kind of black level on 847U.
I did a lot of research before deciding on this tv.
Been looking since the past 6 months, reading reviews, visiting stores etc.
Screen uniformity is good, black levels are good, lots of ports & good sound too.
If you are an average user like me, then u would definitely love this set.

Who did you buy from and what price?
I am looking to buy from another vendor because the other one really screwed me.
post #517 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
Not to change the subject or anything , but does anyone understand the C.M.S of this set or can someone point me in the right direction to understanding it?

I want to adjust the white balance then the gray scale and then the color balance using the Spears and Muncil blu-ray calibration disk. I am not shy to experiment but my understanding of this is not what it should be.

Any help for the more experienced people would be great.

Thanks,
Skybolt

post #518 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 11:19 AM

Liked: 11
No offense but trying to adjust color temp, grayscale, and color points without measurement equipment is kinda like throwing darts with your eyes closed.

That said, you can get a lot of information from the spectracal website. They have a pretty good knowledgebase section. The Poynton's Vector series is particularly good.

http://store.spectracal.com/support/knowledge.html
post #519 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjre1 View Post

I hear you, that is exactly what I did. I filed a claim with Amex and told the merchant that I did. They didnt like that at all. Amex told me that they reversed the charge. That sure will light a fire under their butt because I have their broken TV and they dont have the money. Within one hour of getting the box, I was ready to unpack the TV and saw the damaged. The merchant told me that I dropped it on its top. HUH? Like I can lift 80lbs flip it upside down and drop it on the top. NO WAY!!! That is total BS. They had the rear wrap on and I didnt remove it. I know that this was my fault, however, it was only an hour, so I have a case becuase I didnt wait long. Also, I asked the driver three times, the box is dent is that ok, He said all boxes get dented you cant help that and that is shipping, however, the inside foam protects the item. Well, I was dumb not to touch the foam. They were rushing me, they pulled the TV in, and left in one min flat. I could not even take the tv out of the box, so basically, I never got to inspect the entire TV. The merchant told me that they were suppose to remove it from the box, which they didnt. I could not see the bottom. I think this is a shipping issue and they need to replace this.

YOU HAVE TO READ THIS PART: I called amex up and while on the phone speaker, the merchant called me and I put him on speaker, boy was he rude, basically told me to take a flying leap and other things. that I will have eat the TV. The Amex rep typed everything in the case for 45 mins that we were on the phone. He could not beleive that he was talking to me like this. He even told me that he will send a sharp rep out to fix the TV. You cant fix this issue, plus it is compromised. He also said that he will send me the $2,00 cap, so I can put back on. The frame is bent dumb merchant, how can you fix that? He hung up on me. I am so happy that AMEX heard this. I think that I will win this case. What do you think?

It is for reasons such as this that I will not purchase a TV online and have it delivered. I can get the B&M stores to match the price and usually throw something in to equal what I have to pay in sales tax...far less of a hassle then having to deal with rude ass people over the phone and takes weeks to resolve. I have a BB and HH Gregg within 15 mins of my house, makes returns really easy. Good Luck

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #520 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 12:26 PM

Thankfully I just received my tv a couple of days ago and my retailer used AM Home Delivery. They brought it into the house, took the top off the box, plugged it in and turned it on. Phew! Everything turned out o.k. I didn't have a problem with them. They called on Friday to say it would be delivered on Monday between 8 - 12 and then the driver called 10 minutes out to give me a heads up. My brother took delivery, but he said they were in and out in 5 minutes!
post #521 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGGorman View Post

No offense but trying to adjust color temp, grayscale, and color points without measurement equipment is kinda like throwing darts with your eyes closed.

That said, you can get a lot of information from the spectracal website. They have a pretty good knowledgebase section. The Poynton's Vector series is particularly good.

http://store.spectracal.com/support/knowledge.html

So you mean my plastic blue shaded glases won't work? Why not? I agree with you, except my red is so over satureated, using the basic settings of adjusting tint puts me +16 to the green and totally blows the white balance.

To be honest this type of thing should not be needed when buying a $3K tv. They always ship these things setup for demo mode in a showroom so they can one up the compitition...
I would gladly pay someone to set this up but who do you trust when there are so many to choose from? who is actually going to do the right job and how do you find them. I saw the Chad post's but he's not in my area (Long Island, NY) ever. Frustrating, very frustrating... Thanks for the link.

post #522 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 PM

Liked: 11
The blue glasses are fine for setting "tint" and "color" controls, but anything in the color temp or CMS menus will be just guess work. Nothing wrong with that per se, but near impossible to get things close to a specification that way. You can make it look good, which is the goal of course, but it will take some trial and error.

Any calibrator with an ISF and/or THX certification can be trusted. Like with any other service provider or tradesman, ask for references. If they won't give you a few names of people to contact, they probably can't be trusted.
post #523 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post

So you mean my plastic blue shaded glases won't work? Why not? I agree with you, except my red is so over satureated, using the basic settings of adjusting tint puts me +16 to the green and totally blows the white balance.

To be honest this type of thing should not be needed when buying a $3K tv. They always ship these things setup for demo mode in a showroom so they can one up the compitition...
I would gladly pay someone to set this up but who do you trust when there are so many to choose from? who is actually going to do the right job and how do you find them. I saw the Chad post's but he's not in my area (Long Island, NY) ever. Frustrating, very frustrating... Thanks for the link.

htwaits has a few threads on calibrators
one has links to the Calibrators themselves
Hope this helps

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=712929

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=586330

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #524 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 02:19 PM

I got it online from East Coast TVs.
After i bought it, the price dropped by more than $100...
post #525 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post

It is for reasons such as this that I will not purchase a TV online and have it delivered. I can get the B&M stores to match the price and usually throw something in to equal what I have to pay in sales tax...far less of a hassle then having to deal with rude ass people over the phone and takes weeks to resolve. I have a BB and HH Gregg within 15 mins of my house, makes returns really easy. Good Luck

Funny thing, is that I called all the stores and non will price match any online retailer. Not even Sears, Costco, Besy Buy, or Frys. I dont know who else sells this TV. I might deal with Clevland Plasma, Chris. Im thinking this is the best way to go.

Have any of heard of Power Seller NYC? Is this an ebay company? I heard that they sell refurb TV's. Urg!!
post #526 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 03:36 PM

@cjre1
I was able negotiate a great price w/ hhgregg and 2pair of glasses. Took about an hour of my time but I got a better price then I could get it shipped from any online company(including tax). I know several people recommend Cleveland plasma and he has a great reputation on these boards. My choice to buy local was personal but they are probably the only one I would buy online from. I bet he may even be willing to negotiate a fair price if u asked. Worst he can say is no. A lot of the other online retailers/resellers usually have shady return policies and spotty customer service at best.
post #527 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 03:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post

Not all online venders are like this. We enforce our inspection policy to ensure a good TV is delivered. No matter what, goods must be inspected whether one buys from a store front or another vender. Only takes a few minutes so why not take a look
post #528 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpdressedman View Post

@cjre1
I was able negotiate a great price w/ hhgregg and 2pair of glasses. Took about an hour of my time but I got a better price then I could get it shipped from any online company(including tax). I know several people recommend Cleveland plasma and he has a great reputation on these boards. My choice to buy local was personal but they are probably the only one I would buy online from. I bet he may even be willing to negotiate a fair price if u asked. Worst he can say is no. A lot of the other online retailers/resellers usually have shady return policies and spotty customer service at best.

Thank you. I will contact them now. I also got a price quote from Cleveland Plasma. Chris is a straight up guy. I can tell and like that.
May I ask what you got your tv for?
post #529 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 03:57 PM

Price talk is discouraged on the forums but pm me if u want.
post #530 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 03:58 PM

I understand that we all need to look at the TV, however, how do we know that the TV was not dropped flat on its face, even if there is no damage that we can see, but internally it is compromised. Shipping companies are rough with many boxes. What if the TV is not strapped to the truck and when the truck turns it falls flat down, then the driver picks it up. This stresses the TV a lot. I am talking from experience.
post #531 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpdressedman View Post

Price talk is discouraged on the forums but pm me if u want.

oh Ok, I should of known that. Prices are a huge secret, I forgot. LOL I just PM you.
post #532 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 06:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:

I understand that we all need to look at the TV, however, how do we know that the TV was not dropped flat on its face, even if there is no damage that we can see, but internally it is compromised. Shipping companies are rough with many boxes. What if the TV is not strapped to the truck and when the truck turns it falls flat down, then the driver picks it up. This stresses the TV a lot. I am talking from experience.

Exactly, that is why you always inspect and power on to double check........No Exceptions.....No matter where you get a TV.

There was a guy in the Pioneer Elite thread (plasma) who got a TV dropped off from a store front. He noticed a few days after delivery the screen had a small crack in it. That deal did not turn out good last I remember.

Inspections should be done on all goods that are expensive. Cars, houses, boats, motorcycles, furniture, appliances, and yes televisions.
post #533 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Funny thing, is that I called all the stores and non will price match any online retailer. Not even Sears, Costco, Besy Buy, or Frys. I dont know who else sells this TV. I might deal with Clevland Plasma, Chris. Im thinking this is the best way to go.

Have any of heard of Power Seller NYC? Is this an ebay company? I heard that they sell refurb TV's. Urg!!

Try US Appliance they price match

Mike

post #534 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

oh Ok, I should of known that. Prices are a huge secret, I forgot. LOL I just PM you.

you can talk prices on the sub form " Deals "

Mike

post #535 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 09:00 PM

Just got my 70 today. Everything went fine with the delivery. The guy wanted to leave but I made him sit around while I checked everything out. I got mine from buydig and I have no complaints. Without getting into details on price, the best deal going seems to be from electronics expo. I got a good deal but I wish I saw their price first.
post #536 of 2660 Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Try US Appliance they price match

My local Fry's Electronics has a huge sign hanging over their entrance stating that they will price match any on-line price.
post #537 of 2660 Old 05-18-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post

Where did you see that I'm never in your area? I was just there last month.
post #538 of 2660 Old 05-18-2012, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

My local Fry's Electronics has a huge sign hanging over their entrance stating that they will price match any on-line price.

That has Not always been true, as discussed on various threads , certain Fry's stores have refused to match the US Appliance prices on the 632 80"

Mike

post #539 of 2660 Old 05-18-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post

Where did you see that I'm never in your area? I was just there last month.

Chad do you have a Web Site ??
If you do please post it here as I like to be able to link that site when posters ask where & who can do a calibration , You have been so good to All the Sharp thread posters with your reviews I would like to "Pay It Forward" with referrals

Mike

post #540 of 2660 Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Chad do you have a Web Site ??
If you do please post it here as I like to be able to link that site when posters ask where & who can do a calibration , You have been so good to All the Sharp thread posters with your reviews I would like to "Pay It Forward" with referrals

Thanks Mike!

HDTVbyChadB.com
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv , Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page