Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE847U & LC-70LE847U Owners Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 2661 Old 04-03-2012, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousdude View Post

I guess new pricing policy is being applied to all new models. I see $3299 everywhere. How is this not illegal???

Just ask Apple and Bose how to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 2661 Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just picked up the 60" from Costco. I come from a Runco 50" plasma, so the picture will take some time to get used to. looking from the sides, no more of-axis viewing problems. I can't stand the "soap opera" settings, so leave that off. Had to turn down the color, and I can only watch in normal, not dynamic mode. Watching 3D form HBO is fun, but for some reason when watching HBO 3d, all remotes do not work, I can't pause the movie. I have to change inputs, then go back from beginning. I have to get some 3D blu-ray movies. Oh, and a ton of apps, but my Sony 590 has a ton of apps also. I hate redundancy. Why are monitors and source players always offering the same apps?
post #33 of 2661 Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2Me View Post

Just picked up the 60" from Costco. I come from a Runco 50" plasma, so the picture will take some time to get used to. looking from the sides, no more of-axis viewing problems. I can't stand the "soap opera" settings, so leave that off. Had to turn down the color, and I can only watch in normal, not dynamic mode. Watching 3D form HBO is fun, but for some reason when watching HBO 3d, all remotes do not work, I can't pause the movie. I have to change inputs, then go back from beginning. I have to get some 3D blu-ray movies. Oh, and a ton of apps, but my Sony 590 has a ton of apps also. I hate redundancy. Why are monitors and source players always offering the same apps?

Ya got some photos you can share ??

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #34 of 2661 Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Quote:

I guess new pricing policy is being applied to all new models. I see $3299 everywhere. How is this not illegal???

Dealers are required to "list" at this price, not sell. However in the Bose case that is quite different. No dealer can sell below 10% off or they no longer get the good intensives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Chris is Cleveland Plasma now taking orders on these , the 847's ? Have you seen one with your own eyes ?

Correct, had them for a little while now. Have not seen one as of yet........

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

/

/
post #35 of 2661 Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Dealers are required to "list" at this price, not sell. However in the Bose case that is quite different. No dealer can sell below 10% off or they no longer get the good intensives.

Correct, had them for a little while now. Have not seen one as of yet........

thanx Chris , can you give some comments on your take on how these compare to the other Sharp displays when you get a chance to view one yourself ..

Mike

post #36 of 2661 Old 04-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Sure, but it looks like another newish 60" sharp. Not to heavy either. I was able to take it out of box an walk 2 flights of stairs in my house. **** news flash**** new software update of this afternoon. My model is the LC-608470OU.
post #37 of 2661 Old 04-05-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:

Sure, but it looks like another newish 60" sharp. Not to heavy either. I was able to take it out of box an walk 2 flights of stairs in my house. **** news flash**** new software update of this afternoon. My model is the LC-608470OU.

How is the pic quality? screen uniformity? contrast? dark corners?
post #38 of 2661 Old 04-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

How is the pic quality? screen uniformity? contrast? dark corners?

Sure, went right over my head.. When adjusted right the PQ is outstanding for someone coming over from a Runco plasma. For me Aquamotion 240 is just right, and I prefer as little dynamic anything off. The screen uniformity is excellent with no visable off axis degradation. I watched several HBO 3D movies, but when I rented Tin-Tin in 3D, it was unwatchable. The moving parts and figures had a awful trailing effect. I watched Furios Five in blu-ray as happy as a clam. Once again, set to Aquamotion 240, the action shots were crisp, clear and looked like I was sitting in a movie theater. I would highly recommend some pro. calibration, to bring out all this monitor offers.
post #39 of 2661 Old 04-06-2012, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I watched several HBO 3D movies, but when I rented Tin-Tin in 3D, it was unwatchable. The moving parts and figures had a awful trailing effect. I watched Furios Five in blu-ray as happy as a clam. Once again, set to Aquamotion 240, the action shots were crisp, clear and looked like I was sitting in a movie theater. I would highly recommend some pro. calibration, to bring out all this monitor offers.

So you are saying the 3D was only decent with Aqua 240?
post #40 of 2661 Old 04-06-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Sure, went right over my head.. When adjusted right the PQ is outstanding for someone coming over from a Runco plasma. For me Aquamotion 240 is just right, and I prefer as little dynamic anything off. The screen uniformity is excellent with no visable off axis degradation. I watched several HBO 3D movies, but when I rented Tin-Tin in 3D, it was unwatchable. The moving parts and figures had a awful trailing effect. I watched Furios Five in blu-ray as happy as a clam. Once again, set to Aquamotion 240, the action shots were crisp, clear and looked like I was sitting in a movie theater. I would highly recommend some pro. calibration, to bring out all this monitor offers.

Thanks for the reply. One more question. You mention you are coming from Runco Plasma. Are you saying the black levels on 847U are deeper and better than your plasma? If you had to pick between Panasonic VT50 or LC-70LE847U, which one would you pick? Panasonic VT50 is suppose to have really deep black levels.

Thanks
post #41 of 2661 Old 04-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post

So you are saying the 3D was only decent with Aqua 240?

No not at all. I was saying for me, I prefer Aqua 240.
post #42 of 2661 Old 04-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. One more question. You mention you are coming from Runco Plasma. Are you saying the black levels on 847U are deeper and better than your plasma? If you had to pick between Panasonic VT50 or LC-70LE847U, which one would you pick? Panasonic VT50 is suppose to have really deep black levels.

Thanks

Very good question. I need more time, which suggests, LCD black levels have greatly improved. And, there is a nice amount of calibration options to suit one's personal tastes.
post #43 of 2661 Old 04-06-2012, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I cannot fathom how an edgle lit LED can compete with plasam black levels. Photons are not carbon ions

The local dimming of the Elite is so damn impressive it can compete - without full-arrray backlit+local dimming nothing comes close or beats the black of the VT30 or D series Samsungs.
post #44 of 2661 Old 04-06-2012, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm not sold on the local dimming issue ,for what those units cost Vs what I have now ...Hmmmm
but I'm happy with the blacks on the 632 80" with Suzook's settings I get deep blacks that are Not crushed & get a brighter image , add in the 80" size factor , the 632 80" costs outta US Appliance , add all that up in trade-offs for & against Local Dimming . For Me, I made a good choice, that I do not regret .

But what Floats my Boat might Not blow your Dress Up

I'm glad that there is choices, trade-offs

Mike

post #45 of 2661 Old 04-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Advanced Member

As much as I really like this Sharp 60", I just found out this afternoon, Runco surprised me, and is sending me a new processor ($10,000) under warranty (their customer service has shocked me on terms of excellence, they make Oppo appear like a Chevy dealership). So, goodbye to 3D and honestly, a great eye opening experience. Sharp has really surprised me with their quality. In fact I was just watching Rango on Sharp's Netflix app, and it had a 4 star goose bump factor.
post #46 of 2661 Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:

As much as I really like this Sharp 60", I just found out this afternoon, Runco surprised me, and is sending me a new processor ($10,000) under warranty (their customer service has shocked me on terms of excellence, they make Oppo appear like a Chevy dealership). So, goodbye to 3D and honestly, a great eye opening experience. Sharp has really surprised me with their quality. In fact I was just watching Rango on Sharp's Netflix app, and it had a 4 star goose bump factor.

So are you returning your Sharp? It would be nice if you can compare your Sharp with your Runco Plasma and give us some feedback
post #47 of 2661 Old 04-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

So are you returning your Sharp? It would be nice if you can compare your Sharp with your Runco Plasma and give us some feedback

In many ways, the Sharp has far exceeded my expectations on modern LCDs. In fact, while just watching Rango on the Sharp's Netfix app, the experience was stunning, and in many ways better than my Runco. In regards to Rango, I loved the vividness and vibrancy along with the fine resolution the Sharp brought the table. In some other movies, not so much. But, I am sure with the right calibration, that would be resolved. I find with the Runco, I enjoy more movies as a whole. But with the Sharp, most animation brought heavy goose bumps.
post #48 of 2661 Old 04-07-2012, 12:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Modern LCD's do excel when it comes to cgi animation, no doubt about it.

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...

post #49 of 2661 Old 04-07-2012, 09:51 AM

I just received my 847 on the 5th. We're movin up from an RCA 52" rear proj, so it's easy for me to be impressed. Picture is amazing with stupid, crazy detail. So far I have OSD on not displayed. Picture mode on auto.

The 847 is the '12 model of last year's 835. We ordered an 835 at the beginning of March, waited, and they said it would ship Apr 5. It arrived on the 5th and surprise an 847 instead!

If anyone finds best settings or setups, please let me know.
post #50 of 2661 Old 04-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 63
So, how is the screen uniformity for all gray or all white pictures? Are the flash-lighting and DSE issues fixed that were present on the LC-60LE835?

Also, why is the new version thicker than the 835?

How good is the sound with the built in sub?

I plan on using Google TV a lot to search the web, but I'm concerned about uniformity when viewing web pages with white backgrounds.

I'm not looking for perfection, but the splotchiness of the LC-70LE735u really bothered me (and it's back-lighting is done by an LED array). The issue was only noticeable on white or gray screens; however, the Sharp was far worse than my 2008 Samsung TV that had a fluorescent back light. The 735 was far superior otherwise and I was really pleased with the picture except for gray/white scenes.

, a FREE home automation program. Open-source Z-Wave Premise Module found
post #51 of 2661 Old 04-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Advanced Member

Neat. I was browsing the Sharp 847 manual and found the attached commands. It seems that all remote keys are now implemented under IP control: how awesome!

This would appear to mean you can control whatever is connected to the Sharp via the Sharps network cable like this:
Sharp IP command remote key pause rcvd over network -> pause command sent using HDMI-CEC to selected source -> selected source responds if HDMI-CEC is implemented on source device.

I'm not sure if these commands will work on the 735 as I just returned it today... I know none of these were listed in the older LC-70LE735 manual. The 83x and 73x are so 2011 (or more like 2005) when it comes to IP Control apparently!
LL

post #52 of 2661 Old 04-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Advanced Member

I just finished watching "Immortals". I might keep the Sharp and sell the Runco. Unfreeking believable. With regular real people movies, then the Runco, but any form of animation and/or performance capture technology is simply stunning.
post #53 of 2661 Old 04-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Advanced Member

Ok, you finally talked me into buying one! Just pulled the trigger on an HHGregg web/instore pickup Easter deal. They are closed for Easter I think, but I'll be leaving work early on Monday to pick one up

I did some looking today at the LC-70LE847 when I was at HHGregg doing the return on the 70" 735. It wasn't perfectly uniform on a white screen, but I could live with it over the splotchy patches that the 735 had. HHGregg didn't have the LC-60LE847 on display yet, hence all of my questions.

To be fair to the 735 series, my wife said the 70" 735u looked too big over the fire place which it did; that's the main reason I returned it. 60" is the largest she's letting me buy

post #54 of 2661 Old 04-08-2012, 04:16 AM

You either need a new larger fireplace or a new wife! :-)
post #55 of 2661 Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkistler View Post

You either need a new larger fireplace or a new wife! :-)

LOL. I thought larger wife and new fireplace.
post #56 of 2661 Old 04-08-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:

I just finished watching "Immortals". I might keep the Sharp and sell the Runco. Unfreeking believable. With regular real people movies, then the Runco, but any form of animation and/or performance capture technology is simply stunning.

So you can adjust the Sharp so it doesn't have the SOE (soap opera effect)? I'm coming from a plasma and I can't stand the SOE. If no SOE and motion blur or judder?

Thanks,

-Guru
post #57 of 2661 Old 04-08-2012, 08:50 AM

I got a chance to play with the newly unboxed tv at the store and the SOE is default. I had to go in and disable a lot of stuff to get rid of it.

This tv is native 240 hz. Is SOE something that comes with 240 Hz?

I was told by the sales guy things like screen uniformity, clouding, SOE, bad viewing angles are LED thing and no matter what set I buy, there is a high probability i will encounter them. I went in thinking of buying 847U but now I am debating if i should just get Panasonic VT30 or wait for VT50.

Compared to VT30, 847U is extremely bright but they keep all tv's in store in vivid mode due to all the lights surrounding them.
post #58 of 2661 Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I got a chance to play with the newly unboxed tv at the store and the SOE is default. I had to go in and disable a lot of stuff to get rid of it.

This tv is native 240 hz. Is SOE something that comes with 240 Hz?

I was told by the sales guy things like screen uniformity, clouding, SOE, bad viewing angles are LED thing and no matter what set I buy, there is a high probability i will encounter them. I went in thinking of buying 847U but now I am debating if i should just get Panasonic VT30 or wait for VT50.

Compared to VT30, 847U is extremely bright but they keep all tv's in store in vivid mode due to all the lights surrounding them.

1st don't listen to the sales guy ....the SOE is easily removed by turning off the default settings

Mike

post #59 of 2661 Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

The Sharp has a feature to turn off motion enhancement according to the manual... it also states that motion enhancement is not available in Game and PC mode.

I'm going to assume that turning off "motion enhancement" will eliminate the SOE? This was true on the 735 I returned.

post #60 of 2661 Old 04-08-2012, 11:35 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I went in thinking of buying 847U but now I am debating if i should just get Panasonic VT30 or wait for VT50.

The calibration reports I read on the VT30 indicate that its brightness is extremely limited (like 28 FtL Max) and the energy ratings are total fabrications.

ChadB calibration Report

Settings for Sharp 847 series:

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv , Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread - Lc70le847u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page