Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE847U & LC-70LE847U Owners Thread - Page 24 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #691 of 2661 Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The movie and standard calibrations I've posted look very much like the ISF calibrations. I can switch back and forth between them quite happily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 2661 Old 05-28-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepen View Post

Do you know when Chad is going to put his review up? I am torn between this and the Panny plasmas.

I'm sorry, but I don't.
post #693 of 2661 Old 05-28-2012, 07:30 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGGorman View Post

I'm using it right now. :-)

Thanks a lot I've been using them for couple days and I looks great in my room thanks.

Dave
post #694 of 2661 Old 05-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Here is a couple of photos I sent to Sharp showing my cloud problem. You will notice a cloud or white area in the lower left of the screen.
LL
LL
LL
post #695 of 2661 Old 05-28-2012, 02:56 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenrino View Post

Are you using this instead of your ISF calibration?

OPC is awesome. Last night, I used this feature with auto on and WOW a differnce. I like this setting this a lot.
post #696 of 2661 Old 05-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco View Post

Here is a couple of photos I sent to Sharp showing my cloud problem. You will notice a cloud or white area in the lower left of the screen.

I have studied your cloud problem and think that as I have seen this over and over again. Look at the cloud closely on your set. You see the same cloud in the exact same spot on your TV in three differenct scenes. Here is what I have found, your TV was either pushed hard or dropped at that edge where the cloud fans out. There was some contact there. Usually clouding is locating in different spots that varies, however, your TV does not vary. Sharp should repalce this TV.
post #697 of 2661 Old 05-28-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco View Post

Looks pretty good compared to mine ...I'm sure Sharp will replace this TV. Their customer service is great.
post #698 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I finally got to spend a little time with my 70" 847U (had to go out of town for work about an hour after I bought it). Unfortunately, I do have some clouding. It's not horrible but I definitely notice it during dark scenes when watching at night. I'm struggling to decide whether I should contact Sharp or not. I didn't have time to snap any picks and I'm on the road again for work now. When I get back home I'll take some pics and see if it's worth complaining about...
post #699 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
With all the clouding reports, can people chime in with where they purchased the TV as well so we can see if there is a coorelation?
post #700 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 07:01 AM

With all these reports of clouding, I can't help but wonder how many people are plugging in the set and immediately scrutinizing black screens for evidence of the problem. I'm not saying that's not warranted, but I think it may be helpful to temper the issue with some common sense.

I can't emphasis enough how important proper backlight and contrast settings are to minimize visible clouding. This effect is going to be present to some degree for most of us and satisfaction may not be possible thru warranty claims. Help yourself first; do a basic picture adjustment and watch some of your favorite program material. If you aren't distracted by clouding except during the credits, ask yourself if its worth the mental energy to worry about it.
post #701 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

In my case I have tried several settings but still have the cloud area distracting from any dark scenes and not just credits.
post #702 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

With all these reports of clouding, I can't help but wonder how many people are plugging in the set and immediately scrutinizing black screens for evidence of the problem. I'm not saying that's not warranted, but I think it may be helpful to temper the issue with some common sense.

I can't emphasis enough how important proper backlight and contrast settings are to minimize visible clouding. This effect is going to be present to some degree for most of us and satisfaction may not be possible thru warranty claims. Help yourself first; do a basic picture adjustment and watch some of your favorite program material. If you aren't distracted by clouding except during the credits, ask yourself if its worth the mental energy to worry about it.

I agree but I noticed the clouding after already making some adjustments (using some of your settings actually). The first movie I watched was Underworld Awakening which as we all know is a very dark movie. There were plenty of scenes where my eyes were drawn to the clouding. From that point on, it was in my head and I began looking for it. Like I said, it's not horrible but it is noticeable. It may be something I can live with but I need to spend more time watching and tweaking settings before I can decide.
post #703 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 AM

Hey guys, i'm considering buying this TV but just read a review on amazon where the reviewer said that he's unable to play content with a portable USB drive on this TV (actually i think it was for the 80le847u in his case) unless it was a powered drive. This would probably be a deal breaker for me... Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks!
post #704 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfoster411 View Post

I have a line traveling top to bottom through the 1st quarter of the screen (starting from the left). It is there regardless of input (sat, PS3, DVD) and I am running a single HDMI through a Denon AV. Nothing has been moved/changed. Line "just appeared".
Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

I have the same line, a few inches off center to the right, and mine is red. I believe it is only one pixel wide.

I got my TV through Chris at Cleveland Plasma (he has been very helpful) and I am working with Sharp to get someone out to take a look and hopefully replace the TV.

Anyone else with lines in their TVs. My TV is the 70" 847.
post #705 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 10:57 AM

8470U no clouding at all, from Costco.
post #706 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjre1 View Post

8470U no clouding at all, from Costco.

This is the trend I'm looking for!
post #707 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby View Post

This is the trend I'm looking for!

Great glad that I can help. Let me be of some help in what I have posted awhile back.

Stores are: Costco, Sam's club, Ken Krane, Frys, Best Buy, Ashley Furniture (only sells the 60"), Walmart, Target (only sells the 60"), Paul's TV, Living Spaces, HDTV Store, and Television World in Los Angeles, CA.

70C8470U, I have seen 9 sets at different stores and 1 have this effect.
70LE847U, I have seen about 10 sets at different stores and 8 out of 10 have both effects as you state.
60LE847U, I have seen 6 of these at different stores and all 6 have the effects.
80LE632U, I have seen 5 of them and all 5 have these effects.
80LE844U, I have seen 7 of them and 4 out of the 7 have both effects.

I own none of these, except the one I bought from Costco (70C8470U).
OK, you might be saying boy this is excessive shopping. Not to me, I love to window shopping and price matches before I buy. Costco doesnt price match, however, they have a better model than the ones that I saw above. When I didnt see any clouding, I jumped on it no matter the cost. I HATE CLOUDING!!!
post #708 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 05:52 PM

I set up my new 60" 847 on Friday, and of course I have been gone ever since.

Two questions: the wi-Fi will not connect. Any ideas?

And not being as knowledgeable as many here and not having a lot of free time, what can/should I do just to make sure I dont screw up this beautiful piece of technology? Thanks.
post #709 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:

My clouding is terrible and unfortunately I've already had the set professionally calibrated. Sending pics to sharp tonight...most likely will get replaced.
post #710 of 2661 Old 05-29-2012, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Has anybody had any clouding experience from a display ordered directly from Sharp?
post #711 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortskoolbus View Post

Hey guys, i'm considering buying this TV but just read a review on amazon where the reviewer said that he's unable to play content with a portable USB drive on this TV (actually i think it was for the 80le847u in his case) unless it was a powered drive. This would probably be a deal breaker for me... Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks!

USB media play is sketchy and inconsistent. I've plugged in various drives (outlet powered and USB powered) and some have worked, others have not. The media player is really poor - not much configuration allowed and the FF, Rewind blows. Also, not many audio formats are supported. You're better off using another component to play your media content, e.g. mac mini (or other HTPC), PS3, Xbox, Roku, etc.
post #712 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 06:23 AM

Most bluray players have USB ports...
post #713 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

Has anybody had any clouding experience from a display ordered directly from Sharp?

Interesting question...anyone?

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #714 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

What model do you have and how did you get one from Sharp? Was it a replacement? If so, I was told they go out of a Sharp authorized dealer not Sharp factory itself, because they dont have a Sharp warehouse.

What was the month it was made?
post #715 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby View Post

With all the clouding reports, can people chime in with where they purchased the TV as well so we can see if there is a coorelation?

I bought my le-60c847ou last week from Costco. Happy to report no clouding issues at all. Have not had a chance to tweak any settings yet, but picture is great at factory settings (home not store.)
post #716 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 752
I think that it's the way Costco handles there displays as to the reason why their Displays have no clouding ,
they never let the displays ever leave the pallet they come on until sold .
If you ever watched the way Costco stores, the displays sit on it's own the pallet only(they come packed as a block of 5 per pallet IIRC) & a clerk then removes the sold display directly from the original shipping pallet .
I feel that the other vendors are not handling the displays correctly when they get their shipments.
Seem that most of the problems are coming from select vendors & That might be the reason .
I'm sure Sharp is all over this with certain vendors @ this point ..seeing how many reports of clouding that is being noted here .
this seems to be a edge lighted issue , in the fact that the edge lit displays are fragile "MayBe??" .

One Important Note Here:===>
There have been no similar reports of this clouding on the Full Array Back Lit 80" models as in the 632,633(which is the Costco model) & the 844 .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #717 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I think that it's the way Costco handles there displays as to the reason why their Displays have no clouding ,
they never let the displays ever leave the pallet they come on until sold .
If you ever watched the way Costco stores, the displays sit on it's own the pallet only(they come packed as a block of 5 per pallet IIRC) & a clerk then removes the sold display directly from the original shipping pallet .
I feel that the other vendors are not handling the displays correctly when they get their shipments.
Seem that most of the problems are coming from select vendors & That might be the reason .
I'm sure Sharp is all over this with certain vendors @ this point ..seeing how many reports of clouding that is being noted here .
this seems to be a edge lighted issue , in the fact that the edge lit displays are fragile "MayBe??" .

There have been no similar reports of this clouding on the Full Array Back Lit 80" models as in the 632,633(which is the Costco model) & the 844 .

This all too sounds familiar. I wonder who posted this earlier. LOL
Yeah.
post #718 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

The 632's that I saw had clouding issues, but the 844 had none. These are from Costco stores.
post #719 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjre1 View Post

The 632's that I saw had clouding issues, but the 844 had none. These are from Costco stores.

out of 75 pages in the 632 thread I really don't recall anyone report returning a 80"632 due to clouding , some had clouding that was later to be found as source clouding due to compression, but a return none . One return so far & that was a Blob well defined at that .
Now how many have reported a returned 847U due clouding on this thread ?

Not trying to start a argument here , I've been on the 632 80" thread from day one .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #720 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 01:54 PM

Just received my 847u tv today! I used the numbers that gorman posted and they seem great! I added a bit more sharpness to the pic though. Thanks to everyone who posts on this site. It has really made my decision buying so much easier!! especially to cggorman whose settings really make the picture pop!!! I ordered my tv through sears, and the service was great. I had the white glove delivery and everything was safe and un-damaged. the men brought in the tv,had me inspect the box it came in (which was flawless) and they began to set up the tv. it took them about 10 minutes just to assemble the stand. after the stand was assembled they put it on my tv table and turned the set on and made sure there were no defects in the screen or the casing. It took them about 30 min total to set up the tv and I could not be more happy with it. I did not get the 3d glasses with it, so I cannot give any details on that (But I have heard great things). So far I see no clouding whatsoever, I still need to see it in total darkness but the picture looks great to me! my only negative is that the charter remote does not work with the set. But this is not a problem on sharps end but with the charter remote. Video games look great on this huge monster and the size is so much larger than my 50 inch panasonic. movies are going to be a blast on this tv! I have already tried out 3 blu rays ... I am legend,the incredibles, and super. Blu rays look spectacular on the sharp. especially for a tv this size you may think you would lose a lot of clarity, but I am pleased with everything so far. going to watch some baseball on it tonight, and then the movie "chronicle". I would definetly recommend this television to anyone looking for a great set in the 65-70 inch range.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv , Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread - Lc70le847u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page