Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE847U & LC-70LE847U Owners Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
It looks like Sears is selling the LC70LE847U for a low price with free shipping right now. It's significantly cheaper than the Costco model even after adding in two pairs of the AN-3DG20B glasses.

I just wonder if I should consider the Costco model regardless considering the potential clouding issue everyone keeps talking about...

I have been trolling this thread for a while, and already have a wall mount, in-wall cable organizing kit, etc, sitting in various online order carts

I just might have to go check what kind of financing Sears is offering...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerlnik View Post

It looks like Sears is selling the LC70LE847U for a low price with free shipping right now. It's significantly cheaper than the Costco model even after adding in two pairs of the AN-3DG20B glasses.

I just wonder if I should consider the Costco model regardless considering the potential clouding issue everyone keeps talking about...

I have been trolling this thread for a while, and already have a wall mount, in-wall cable organizing kit, etc, sitting in various online order carts

22% last time I checked , unless it's a 0% interest deal OR you pay it off quickly ..... you really have to be careful dealing with Sears , they got me on Dishwasher that I was going to pay cash for ,but the salesman talked into getting a Charge with free delivery . & the interest rate killed me on any savings as they charged interest as soon as it hits the card , by the time I got the statement all that delivery savings was gone .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #723 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 04:43 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

I would take the costco model over the sears anyday. Sears is shady. I got screwed from them twice, never again. Be careful with sears. I would totally stick with Costco. No clouding!!
post #724 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:

First off, welcome to our house!!

Im glad that we can help you. Please dont take our posts with a grain of salt. We are hear to help others. I hope that I helped out, even though I never get many responses, but it is cool and no we wont visit the shipping issue again!! That was funny. LOL, I know people got a kick out of that.

Anyway, be careful when it comes to deals, merchants and Sears. I would go to Costco seriously for a purchase like this, since how they handle thier TV's. Well, it is all up to you. You need to sleep at night. Where ever you decide to get your TV, I hope you are happy and have no clouding.

Again, welcome to our House of TV pain, thrills and frills.
post #725 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 06:19 PM

Liked: 10
Hey all, I've had my 70le847u for over a month now and in between travels tor work and busy weekends with the kids I think I finally have it calibrated to my liking. I purchased mine from hhgregg and I do have some clouding, but it is minimal and I only see it when changing inputs and during movie credits. Nothing that bothers me significantly.

Overall, I love the TV. I upgraded from an old samsung 50" dlp and my goodness what a difference. Thought I would share my settings cause I love the way it looks!! Any feedback would be appreciated, as I'm so very far from an expert. I used spears and munsil as a starting point and then continuously tweaked over the next couple of weeks.

For the most part I am watching sports and sitcoms on TV and the occasional blu ray. I do see some judder, but I'm not sure if that is my source as I never see it on blu rays. 3D is really impressive to me, my personal fav is Hubble IMAX 3D.

Anyway, here are my settings:

Mode: User
OPC: Off
Backlight: +8
Contrast: +21
Bright: 0
Color: -2
Tint: 0
Sharpness: +3
Color Temp: Mid-low
Motion: 120 Hz high (I can't see much of a difference here other than darkness on 240 settings
Quad pixel +: Advanced (again, see no difference but they must have it for a reason, no?)
Active contrast: Off
Gamma: 0
Film mode: Off
Digital NR: Off

CMS (I believe I used CGGorman's initial settings here as a baseline - thanks for posting!)
H. S. V.
R. 0. 0. +2
Y. 0. -1. 0
G. -5. -6. +3
C. +6. 0. +4
B. -1. -9. 0
M. +2. +2. 0

I'm in a rather bright room and I find these work well both day and night. Thought I would share to get some feedback. Everyone on the board has been a great help, thanks so much for your posts and your insight!
post #726 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 06:51 PM

Looked at the deal and it even says you can add one pair of 3d glasses and it will get discounted to free. Of course in the cart the glasses didnt come up as free so not sure I want to go down that road. Financing is supposed to be free for 24 months if paid in full.

I think I will wait for Costco to drop the price further.
post #727 of 2661 Old 05-30-2012, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsDad View Post

Looked at the deal and it even says you can add one pair of 3d glasses and it will get discounted to free. Of course in the cart the glasses didnt come up as free so not sure I want to go down that road. Financing is supposed to be free for 24 months if paid in full.

Is that the Sears Deal ??

Mike

post #728 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Is that the Sears Deal ??

Yes, Slappy. The Sears deal also took the price of the TV down to about $2630. I'll post it in the deals section, but wanted to get you your answer.
post #729 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 AM

Well I decided to go ahead and jump on the Sears deal. Their order cart system is *definitely* a little whacky, but in the end I managed to make it show $2630 for the TV, and also tossed in 3 pairs of glasses, all for just over $3k. Not a bad deal at all...

*except*...

In the process of trying to make the order cart behave, I called Sears twice. The first unhelpful soul who answered claimed that this TV was NOT available for delivery, and is in fact out of stock. Completely opposite information to what their web front end displays.

I hung up, and called back (pressing 6 this time), and spoke to another gentleman who basically mirrored what I was doing on my own. He came to the conclusion that their web site was experiencing problems, and he would help me by submitting a ticket to their IT, and then having them email me when the issue is resolved. Gee thanks. He said he spoke to their back office and assured me that the correct price for the TV is $3699, even though it's listed as $2999 on their site. Total disconnect, and a waste of my time... but during the call, I continued playing with their misbehaved order cart, and ended up figuring out how to make it display $2630 for the TV instead of $3699. Of course I didn't tell the person on the other line of my success, so I simply thanked him for nothing and hung up.

I scheduled delivery for the 9th, so my fingers will be crossed until then. I was planning on making a trip to Costco for this TV, but that Sears deal is rather hard to beat as long as you can make the site work for you!!
post #730 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

I have waited this long, today May is over and we "should" be that much closer to the 9 series. I believe that June or July was supposed to be the release date so I'll wait it out a lil while longer and see what happens.

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #731 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 08:10 AM

Liked: 11
Sounds like this Sears "deal" is about the same as the regular price from Cleveland Plasma.

Settings for Sharp 847 series:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #732 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGGorman View Post

Sounds like this Sears "deal" is about the same as the regular price from Cleveland Plasma.

Wish I'd called Cleveland Plasma I got all excited when I saw that number...
post #733 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wish I'd called Cleveland Plasma I got all excited when I saw that number...

cancel the order if it's not shipped yet , you still can cancel , call if you have & say you will refuse the delivery if they don't cancel .
Then Call Chris @ Cleveland Plasma

Sears is Really Bad , It's no wonder they are about to go bankrupt . I had them refuse a check by me because they found out I had a charge card with them , they said my check was no good , I then went to my bank & they said everything was fine . THEN my wife goes in later the same week & they do the same thing to her . We were buyin' Kitchen appliances for a new home . I now buy all my appliances from US Appliances for 1/2 of what Sears charges for Kenmore on sale .
Kenmore ,Frigidaire, Whirlpool all are the same MFG'er White
I Buy my displays there @ US Appliance now as well .

Mike

post #734 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post

I have waited this long, today May is over and we "should" be that much closer to the 9 series. I believe that June or July was supposed to be the release date so I'll wait it out a lil while longer and see what happens.

All reports are that the 9 series isn't happening.
post #735 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddie View Post

there are reports that it's coming out this fall , BUT you never know for sure as Sharp is really tight fisted about Info on any models that are soon to be released . I can see why , if the public thinks a model will be soon released then some will hold off buying any current products.

Mike

post #736 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddie View Post

Who told you that it was not happening? I heard that 9 will be release early next year. My sources are from Sharp themselves, however, not everyone at Sharp knows the real truth. I heard that they are working on it and will release them in September this year, then I heard first quarter of next year and maybe the summer of 2013. Either way, it might not come out at all, but I think Sharp is really trying to make them work well so they can release them. I am glad that I didnt wait for mine, especially at the price tag of $4,499.00. I would go with plasma in this case.

I would be afraid to have clouding on the 9 series for the price tag. No, thank you. I will pass.

I think I will buy another 8470U for my master bedroom. If the 9's do come out, it will surely drop the price of the 8 series.
post #737 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:

cancel the order if it's not shipped yet , you still can cancel , call if you have & say you will refuse the delivery if they don't cancel .
Then Call Chris @ Cleveland Plasma

Sears is Really Bad , It's no wonder they are about to go bankrupt . I had them refuse a check by me because they found out I had a charge card with them , they said my check was no good , I then went to my bank & they said everything was fine . THEN my wife goes in later the same week & they do the same thing to her . We were buyin' Kitchen appliances for a new home . I now buy all my appliances from US Appliances for 1/2 of what Sears charges for Kenmore on sale .
Kenmore ,Frigidaire, Whirlpool all are the same MFG'er White
I Buy my displays there @ US Appliance now as well .

You're not kidding... Sears is just terrible. Having some trouble cancelling my order, but gave up-- tired of them wasting my time. I'll be happy if they actually deliver the TV. It's not a bad price after all, but you can bet I'll be calling Chris the next time around.
post #738 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 11:07 AM

skerlink, I ordered mine from sears and so far so good. they handled the tv very well in transit and the white glove delivery went well. I have seen no clouding so far, but i used cgormans settings right from the get go and i think this helps. the tv is huge compared to my 50 panasonic plasma, and the dark levels are fair also. wish you well with your delivery and have fun with your tv!
post #739 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdogmr View Post

skerlink, I ordered mine from sears and so far so good. they handled the tv very well in transit and the white glove delivery went well. I have seen no clouding so far, but i used cgormans settings right from the get go and i think this helps. the tv is huge compared to my 50 panasonic plasma, and the dark levels are fair also. wish you well with your delivery and have fun with your tv!

Thanks for the optimism vdogmr, but I went ahead and cancelled the Sears order. There's just something about them I don't trust. I'm going to go with Cleveland Plasma
post #740 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the optimism vdogmr, but I went ahead and cancelled the Sears order. There's just something about them I don't trust. I'm going to go with Cleveland Plasma

Yeah , Ya did good ! I only go to Sears to buy Craftmans Tools & then only if they deep dis-count them , I pay only cash there on any purchase . Heck even their Die-Hard car batteries are now Crap ...

Mike

post #741 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 12:25 PM

Very torn between getting this model from Costco and the new Panasonic VT50 plasma, 65 inch. I currently have the new Samsung plasma pn64e8000 but within my return period at BB. I want the immersion of that 70 incher, but don't want to compromise too much on PQ Anybody else coming from flagship plasma level to this TV?
post #742 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:

Yeah , Ya did good ! I only go to Sears to buy Craftmans Tools & then only if they deep dis-count them , I pay only cash there on any purchase . Heck even their Die-Hard car batteries are now Crap ...

Great, now I need to find another battery vendor as well...
post #743 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjre1 View Post

Who told you that it was not happening? I heard that 9 will be release early next year. My sources are from Sharp themselves, however, not everyone at Sharp knows the real truth. I heard that they are working on it and will release them in September this year, then I heard first quarter of next year and maybe the summer of 2013. Either way, it might not come out at all, but I think Sharp is really trying to make them work well so they can release them. I am glad that I didnt wait for mine, especially at the price tag of $4,499.00. I would go with plasma in this case.

I would be afraid to have clouding on the 9 series for the price tag. No, thank you. I will pass.

I think I will buy another 8470U for my master bedroom. If the 9's do come out, it will surely drop the price of the 8 series.

My response was to the post about them coming out in the next month. I realize my response was vague and could imply they will never come out.
post #744 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

With Costco either you pay cash/ debet or AmEx which you'll pay off at end of month. So I would go to the cheapest place if that happens to be Sears just pay it off at end of month and use the savings to buy Square Trade or some other type of warranty.
post #745 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 01:49 PM

I am sure you will like your tv skerlnik, I just liked the no financing option that sears had for 18 months . my wife and i plan on paying it off next tax season so we will have no finance charges (Which I love). good luck with your order, and i am sure you will like it
post #746 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdogmr View Post

I am sure you will like your tv skerlnik, I just liked the no financing option that sears had for 18 months . my wife and i plan on paying it off next tax season so we will have no finance charges (Which I love). good luck with your order, and i am sure you will like it

Thanks-- I went ahead and made a new order with Chris @ Cleveland Plasma. Far better to deal with than Sears
post #747 of 2661 Old 05-31-2012, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi folks! I'm just window shopping. I was just wondering if anyone knew why Amazon keeps such a low (if any at all) inventory of the bigger screen Sharps, more specifically the 847u.

Thanks for such great info. This seems like a excellent set.
post #748 of 2661 Old 06-01-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenDokuYaku View Post

Hi folks! I'm just window shopping. I was just wondering if anyone knew why Amazon keeps such a low (if any at all) inventory of the bigger screen Sharps, more specifically the 847u.

My guess would be because people are a little weary to purchase such an expensive, heavy, and difficult to return item online... especially without seeing it in person. I've noticed there are only a handful of reviews for these displays on Amazon. Perhaps people don't know about Amazon's white glove service?

I do a large percentage of my shopping at Amazon, but I decided to buy my TV from a specialty store (Cleveland Plasma) because I knew they were more familiar with proper handling of this item.
post #749 of 2661 Old 06-01-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenDokuYaku View Post

On most products, Amazon always state low quantity numbers, (marketing idea for you to buy NOW), however, there is more in stock. Amazon works like this. Say you see an item and it states 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10 left. Once you place your order the number might not even change or it might change by 1. Then wait an hour go back into Amazon and you will see the the same item show a different number such as 12,15,18, etc. The numbers dont mean anything. Amazon always have items in stock.
post #750 of 2661 Old 06-01-2012, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I see a couple of reviews of this set on the bestbuy.com site stating that the reviewer had significant HDMI handshaking issues. have any owners here had similar issues?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv , Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread - Lc70le847u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page