Official Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE847U & LC-70LE847U Owners Thread - Page 90 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-06-2015, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno View Post
will do when I get home.
Greeno (and anyone else that may have the info I'm looking for), I'd like to compare my set's saturation tracking to others that have calibrated their sets. Have you posted any CIE plots which contain saturation sweeps of primaries and secondaries?

My set produces some very non-linear saturation sweeps. Green, cyan, and magenta are the worst offenders. I'll post up an image when I can get to the computer they're on.

If anyone's aware of how to eliminate or minimize this, I'm all ears (or eyes, rather).

Vizio M652i-B2....................HCFR 3.3.1
Vizio E600i-B3.....................i1 Display Pro
Sharp LC-70C8470U............ControlCAL Elite X5 Edition v2
Onkyo TX-SR606.................AVSHD-709
PS-3
Homegrown HTPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2015, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
no i've not measured saturation sweeps. is that on a standard test disc, or are you using one of the specialty ones?
Old 03-07-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno View Post
no i've not measured saturation sweeps. is that on a standard test disc, or are you using one of the specialty ones?
I'm using the built in pattern generator in HCFR but the AVSHD709 disk has them for 0, 25, 50, and 100%. The advantage of the built in generator is that you can set 8 or 10 points along each axis and get a good image of saturation tracking.

PS-3
Homegrown HTPC
Old 03-07-2015, 10:20 AM

Here are a couple of examples showing the issue with saturation tracking. The first image illustrates the non-linear sat-tracking when a calibration based on accurate primary/secondary points. Clearly, the pri/sec points are not particularly accurate, but the result would be much the same if they were dialed in. I've marked the Color Check points and their respective targets to show how far off these points are due to the tracking issue.

The second image is my best attempt, thus far, to calibrate based on lowest average dE on Color Check patterns. As is evident, green, cyan, and magenta are the worst offenders. Magenta is manageable, green causes some undesirable errors, but cyan results in huge errors.

I would like to see the results of what others have achieved in terms of saturation tracking and color check accuracy. If anyone has any tips on how to correct this, I'd very much appreciate it.

This cal was done with standard gamut...my next step is to use expanded gamut.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sh3-primary-example.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	588922   Click image for larger version

Name:	sh3-color-chk-example.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	588930  

PS-3
Homegrown HTPC
Old 03-07-2015, 10:38 AM

For comparison, here are a couple of caps from 2 different Vizio models. While these have much better spatial (x-y) tracking, the distribution still lacks linearity. In my limited experience, spatial tracking errors are much more difficult to compensate for compared to distribution errors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	viz1.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	588970   Click image for larger version

Name:	viz2.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	588978  

PS-3
Homegrown HTPC
Old Today, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Error Codes

My beloved 3 yr old lc60c847ou shut off today and will not turn back on... I am getting one fast and 3 long blinks on the front power light....any ideas on what the codes might be? I am thinking power supply (which don't seem to be readily available) or possibly main board. I have tried all the reset tricks I know as far as holding the certain buttons down while powering up with no success. Thanks.
Old Today, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettad View Post
My beloved 3 yr old lc60c847ou shut off today and will not turn back on... I am getting one fast and 3 long blinks on the front power light....any ideas on what the codes might be? I am thinking power supply (which don't seem to be readily available) or possibly main board. I have tried all the reset tricks I know as far as holding the certain buttons down while powering up with no success. Thanks.
My Pioneer 42 inch model(2006) having same problem .

Tv can't open anymore. just blue light keep blinks on the power on-off section.
I try to open many way, but,no success.

Is my tv Dead ?

any advice please

ps:
sorry for the differ brand message .

Tags
Sharp , Sharp Aquos Lc60le847u 60 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d 1080p Led Lcd Tv , Led Hdtv , Sharp Lc70le847u 70 Inch 3d Led Tv